An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
Ooh La LaHomebodyCritical Block!ExplorerPride - DemisexualWinner
Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWordyDouble MasterCritical Hit!
12-05-2020, 06:19 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2020, 06:19 PM by Hanzō.)

Hattori roamed the Weeping Woods with a furrowed brow. The south had gotten crowded quite quickly and the shinobi found himself unsure of what to make of it, back home pack territories were clean cut and those who were stupid enough to claim a land too close would soon reap the consequences. It made sense in the regards that some-not all- of these new packs were part of the empire, but it was strange all the same. Perhaps another Boreas quirk he needed to get used to sooner rather than later. As he ventured through the trees he caught wind of a familiar scent and paused as he took a moment to recall his name.

It didn't take long for the shinobi to track him down. He approached from the shadows, half expecting to see the loner engaged in battle against a predator of some kind, but there was no scuffle or blood to be found. Just peace and quiet as a gentle but cool breeze toyed with the long hanging branches of the willows. It was certainly a change of pace but not an unpleasant one.

"Lynvarr."

[Image: de83uxb-0342be6c-7454-4392-a336-72e10a43...s88RF1Wrtg]

Lynvarr

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Critical Fail!Double Master
12-16-2020, 10:17 PM

Lynvarr still didn't have a plan for winter other than just trying to tough it out as a loner again this year. He'd done it before, he'd do it again. Still, it would be nice to have some place warm to return to that had others to help with gathering food and protecting the dens. Location was of course going to be key in planning where to stay for the winter. Lynvarr really liked the north but it was a harsh territory to live in when one was a loner. So he'd taken to exploring some of the southern lands, trying to see if any of them clicked.

As he wandered he caught a familiar scent and followed it to see the horned man he'd fought several predators with. Lynvarr looked over his shoulder almost immediately then back at the man with a grin on his face. "Well, I don't hear or smell any lions, tigers or bears around. Do you?"

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
12-17-2020, 01:27 PM

A faint glimmer of amusement shone in Hattori's eyes eyes as he shook his head. Though there was no doubt that dangers lurked within the shadows of this forest he was fairly certain that they were in the clear. Even then he wasn't all that concerned, from experience Hattori knew the loner was more than capable of holding his own, that if it came down to it they could cooperate once more.

"Not this time." Hattori rumbled, his mirth fading as his regular steely demeanour fell back into place.

His gaze roamed over the loner's form, noting that despite his status he was still doing quite well for himself. Back home it wasn't all that uncommon for wolves to appear at Iga's borders, all skin and bone having prepared sob story lamenting just how down on their luck they were and how very grateful they'd be if they were offered a meal and a warm place to sleep at night... As if that was enough to warrant special treatment, the Iga weren't a charity and by now the whole of Nippon ought to know as much. But that was neither here nor there, Hattori shooed the thought away with a flick of his ear.

"What brings you to the south?" He then asked, on the assumption that as a loner he travelled all around, wherever the mood or winds took him.

Lynvarr

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

12-18-2020, 05:32 PM

The wind picked up a little and Lynvarr turned his head for a moment to gaze to the north. Autumn was passing and soon winter would take its place. The wind was proof of that. He looked back to Hattori. "I'm doing a bit of exploring, trying to get a feel for the weather in the south. With winter coming I need to pick a place to stay in case I do not find a pack to join by the coming of winter." He cocked his head to the side. Hattori had a pack smell that Lynvarr hadn't really considered before. It was hard to pay attention to the scent of your allies when you were fighting for your life. "If I may be so bold, what sort of pack do you reside in? Have you any advice for one seeking a pack to call home?"

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

12-22-2020, 06:50 PM

Lynvarr's reasoning was sound. Living as a loner was not a way of life Hattori was familiar with, but it was likely he would had walked down the same path. Always on the move, never lingering for long with his gaze forever set on the horizon. But all things had to come to an end and with winter looming closer and closer, it wasn't weakness to admit that it might be time to settle down. The Shinobi considered his words for a moment, taking no offence to the self proclaimed boldness of his question. Hattori was not the sort to offer handouts or welcome others so readily into the fold but he'd Lynvarr had shown his worth and work. He wasn't like the snooty Kleins that currently-but not for much longer, if Hattori had his way- called Ashen home. Hattori was certain if given the chance he would pull his weight, and besides the loner's company was agreeable enough. A wry sense of humour was always welcomed, even if Hattori didn't say as much aloud.

"I am from Ashen and as it happens we are looking for new blood." He paused then, wanting to tell Lynvarr the whole truth, with no fluff or flattery. It just would not do to fill the man's head with false promises. "I will be honest with you. I am somewhat new to the pack, I joined the ranks last summer and have remained till now. However, I do believe Ashen has much potential for growth and rewards those who are productive. "

Lynvarr

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

12-26-2020, 01:47 PM

Lynvarr's ears perked up as Hattori stated that he was from a pack called Ashen that was looking for new blood. He had seen the other man in battle and was of course impressed with the horned man's skills and would see him as a valuable and trustworthy pack mate. Lynvarr appreciated Hattori's honesty and he nodded. "I will be honest with you as well, joining Ashen is of interest to me. I have skills as a warrior and I have seen you fight. With you in the ranks of the fighters I believe there are great things ahead for this pack." He would not be surprised at all if Hattori was the lead fighter and if not the rank would surely belong to the horned man in the future.

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

12-26-2020, 02:12 PM

Hattori nodded. He quite liked this man, he was quick to get to the point. There was no faffing, just a simple exchange that left both parties pleased with the end result. He knew perhaps that this could be seen as disrespectful towards Venom, that he was stepping on her toes but by now he had made it plainly clear he didn't approve the Kleins that filled the roster. Dead weight, rotting and fetid. It was better to case them out sooner rather than later and replace what had been missing for so long.

"I believe in you, I know your worth. He said, knowing it to be true. [b]"Come. I will show you your quarters and help you settle in."/b] He rumbled, turning to lead the newest soldier back to Ashen.