gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
12-08-2020, 07:09 PM
S c u l l y ➶ A r c h e r

Adrenaline pushed Scully along, sending him flying onto the beach that served as the rendezvous point between himself and his family. Judging by the shadows he was an hour late for the time they had set to come together and check with one another, a system that had let them wander without losing touch. It had taken some effort to lose Ellery, and even then he had played it safe, twisting around and going in random tangents to make sure he didn't leave a clear trail. The young man was winded and his muscles shook with effort and tension, but he was grinning widely and thoroughly enjoying himself.

He'd done it; they'd taken the bait and he'd managed to shake the giant that usually kicked his ass. It was good day, so long as he could round up Avella and Clouse and get moving quickly. Scully couldn't see Nineva allowing Ellery to travel completely alone, even if she didn't know that chasing the monthling would take them across an entire ocean. She likely had help, and she was smart and methodical. This was going to take his top game.

"Avella?! Clouse! We gotta move!" Scully called loudly. He crashed into the surf near their hidden base, tongue lolling as he panted to catch his breath.

Why didn't he smell Clouse at all?

Word Count: 222, for Avella and Clouse only.

Avella

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
12-14-2020, 08:45 PM
A normal day was all she was looking for. One where she could laze about on the beach outside their hideout or walk through the surf. Maybe even do some hunting and then with all that done she could settle in for a quiet night. Get some actual sleep but no. She done some hunting and the other stuff but when she returned to the hideout…

There wasn't any sign of Scully or Clouse. She’d made sure to be back at the time they'd agreed on. Laying the rabbit she'd caught for Clouse at her feet she looked all around in case she missed something. Then she waited and as time passed she became worried. Had something happened? She didn't think they'd leave her behind. Avella shook her head to get that ridiculous thought from her mind.

She was still worried about what could be taking them so long to get back for their check in. When she finally couldn't sit waiting any longer she started down the beach. Avella was going to go look for them even if she had no idea where to start. She hadn't gotten very far when she heard splashing behind her. Then as she turned she heard her brother calling for her and Clouse.

The masked girl ran toward her brother who looked like he'd just run a marathon. "What are you talking about? Why do we have to move?" She asked as soon as she reached him.

Scully

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
12-20-2020, 05:27 PM

When his searching eyes at last settled on his sister, Scully smiled broadly. He splashed through the incoming surf to catch up the remaining distance between them. She didn't smell like she'd been around Clouse recently either; dammit, this was the worst time for the kid to be missing. His grin faltered just a bit as his gray eyes resumed their seeking for the runt who would hopefully be appearing any minute.

"Ellery's here, and I'd bet my tail Queen Nin didn't send her princess after us alone," he informed breathlessly.

"They'll track us here if we stick around, and then the fun's over before it even starts. I was late, right? Clouse is late."

Word Count: 115

Avella

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
12-25-2020, 08:05 PM
There was something clearly distressing her brother when she finally met up with him. He looked like he'd just out run a stampede of Buffalo of something. Then he blurted out that they had to move and Avella wanted answers. They'd found a good place and she wasn't ready to leave it without good reason.

Figures Scully would happen to have that reason. Ellery it seemed had followed them, Avella wasn't really surprised. "You didn't think Nineva would let Clouse run off and send someone did you. More importantly I'm sure you know whose come with her." It wouldn't take three guesses. "

He went on to say that they would be tracked to the beach. Avella didn't doubt it and then they would be drug back to the Dell kicking and screaming if that was what it took. "We need to find Clouse before we can go anywhere. What did Ellery say?" He also went on about he and Clouse being late, "Yes, you were and Clouse still is. I was about to go looking for you. What do you think somethings happened to him?"

Scully

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
12-30-2020, 10:25 PM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2020, 10:26 PM by Scully.)

Scully grinned as Avella spoke the words 'I'm sure you know whose come with her.' Jude and Ram, he hoped; they were the ones that would make this the most entertaining. His sister didn't seem to be having as much fun with it, though it did make sense that she'd already been in a worried state due to both Clouse and himself being late.

"Sorry, I had to make sure I shaked her before I could come here. She was hollerin' at me 'bout bein' a 'pup snatcher', we didn't get to say much 'cause she was chargin' at me and I wasn't gonna give her the chance to waterboar- oh hey," his ears picked up and his eyes bounced off his sister's dial to track something moving behind her, "there he is. Clouse!"

Word Count: 134

Clouse

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player
Scully
12-30-2020, 11:16 PM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2020, 11:16 PM by Clouse.)
C l o u s e ➶ A r c h e r

All Clouse had to do was avoid answering questions and he was like, eighty percent sure he could do this. He certainly wanted to do this, team up with his dad to pull one over on Scully. It was something he'd missed a lot since the Dell, especially when his cousin was being particularly awful; having Judas on his side to help him get even.

He could tell even from the forest line that Scully was worked up about something, and the youth hoped that would work to his advantage. He picked up his pace, bounding over the sand as Scully's eyes alighted on him.

"Hey, sorry I'm late!" he called out once close enough, mostly to Avella as he really didn't care about inconveniencing his other cousin, "I um, I lost track of time..." his ears fell an inch bashfully.

Word Count: 141

Avella

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
01-01-2021, 04:20 PM
Avella didn't understand how Ellery could have found them. They'd left the Dell without warning which had given them a head start. They'd been careful and she was certain that Judas and Ramiel were there too. She may have been gone from the Archer clan for awhile but she knew what kind of job her grand cousins had in the family. She was certain Ellery would want to drag Clouse back to the Dell but the question was what would the two men with her do, they knew what life could be like for Clouse there.

Scully went on to explain he had to get rid of Ellery and there was shouting so not much else was said. That was good she supposed though it wouldn't help with a plan. Now that Ellery had caught up with them they really needed one. Her attention was drawn from Scully to Clouse when her brother spoke his name. "Where have you been?" She asked the pup, "Anything could have happened and then all we've done to try and give a better life would be for nothing." She was irritated the pup hadn't bothered to show up on time after all they'd been through.

Scully

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
01-01-2021, 06:03 PM

'Lost track of time'? Scully snorted with mild irritation at the lame excuse. That shit would get them caught; yeah the older Archer had been virtually just as late, but he'd had good reason. Avella appeared to feel the same, scolding Clouse and causing her brother to smirk as he watched the kid duck down.

"Your sister's found us," he informed the boy, "we gotta get movin' before she finds our scent again and puts us six feet under."

Scully didn't wait for Clouse to ask any questions like he had Avella; they needed to move, and well, he also just didn't care. He started up the beach toward the forest, and looked back when he reached the autumn-withered vegetation to check if they were with him.

Word Count: 127

Clouse

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player
Scully
01-04-2021, 02:14 AM

Avella's swift admonishment caused Clouse to shrink with shame. His tail tucked and his lips pulled back in a grimace, he avoided both their gazes as she reminded him of the reason she had wanted to bring him with them. It was a good point, and he regretted his selfish thoughts back at the lake. Even if he hadn't stumbled upon his dad, the boy would have been right here, late without any kind of valid excuse.

Then Scully spoke. Clouse's ears picked up and confusion briefly crossed over his face before he remembered to mask up. Why would Scully running into Ellery be bad? Why would they have to run from her? It didn't match with what his father had just told him.

"What did she say?" Clouse asked without moving.

Word Count: 132

Avella

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
01-08-2021, 10:28 PM
Avella hoped with her words she could knock some sense into the pup. Let him know that all this, what they were doing wasn't only about him. That she and Scully had risked a lot to take him from the Dell. She wasn't sure what might await them if they were caught. She didn't like the way Scully was reacting to the fact that Ellery was so close.

Since Clouse didn't know what was going on Scully filled him in. It wasn't a long explanation but it didn't really have to be. After her brother was on the move not waiting for anymore discussion. Avella was sad to leave the cave on the beach, she'd liked it there. One last look before she was following after Scully.
"There isn't time right now," she told Clouse as she moved past him. "We can talk more about it once we gain some distance

The question was where would they go

Clouse

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player
Scully
01-09-2021, 05:05 PM

His cousins were very sure about Ellery being a risk, and their conviction definitely helped in swaying Clouse to second guess his conversation with his dad. Maybe Judas and Ellery weren't on the same page... or did Scully just push her buttons like he liked to do? As it was, he couldn't put full stock in his sister not wanting to drag him home regardless of how his dad felt, and obviously, he wasn't going to get his answers here. Scully ceased waiting once he saw that Avella was moving, and so Clouse utilized his only option; he followed after them.

Word Count: 101

Avella

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
01-10-2021, 10:04 PM
There wasn't any more discussion to be had on what to do. Scully was already on the move and Avella was right behind him. No matter how she felt about staying on the beach she wanted to be with her brother more. They'd already spent too much time apart as pups and now that they'd found each other she wasn't ready to part over a beach cave. She ran to catch up with Scully while also making sure Clouse was with them. Avella had no idea where they would go next but maybe it would be just as good as the beach cave or better even.

~Fade