size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Dream WeaverUnderachieverSmall FriesSocialiteDerby WinnerBy A Whisker
StudentSamhain 2022HomebodyTeacherSnake EyesRapid Poster - Rainbow
Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - Pansexual1KBeeventDouble Master
12-18-2020, 06:45 PM
Come down, come down sweet reverence

Jynn's eastward journey led her right up to the edge of Boreas.She'd passed through a stand of trees, their jade leaves swaying in the breeze and approached the sheer drop off of the cliff. It went nearly straight down into crystal clear water that was so transparent she could watch the cliffs continue on until they were eventually swallowed by the dark.

The air was chill and cold, bits of foam and ice were floating on top of the water and every so often she could catch a bit of the icy spray. The sky above her was starting to darken to a deep slate, soon followed by the beginning of a light snow fall.

Gimli

Hemlock
Paladin

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (175)

An icon representing the specialty Berserker Berserker

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Samhain 2022Statue 1 Worship1KIce Bridge ExplorerChristmas 2019Treat 2019
12-20-2020, 06:38 PM

Exploring the eastern parts of Boreas was a welcome sight. He had been used to the southern parts, but this was a nice refreshing sight. The grass underfoot was lush and soft, the breeze that brushed his coat felt soothing and the sound of the ocean up ahead was a welcome sound. He couldn't remember if he'd ever seen the ocean before, let alone been on a cliff, either. It was cold and chilly up here, but luckily his thick coat kept him warm. Knut walked beside him with an equally amused look on his face as they both headed towards the edge of the cliff.

As they got closer though, they spotted a tall creature that...didn't look quite wolfish but he wasn't sure what else to call it. "Looks like we're not alone, eh?" He muttered to his companion as they approached the creature. "Heil! Fine night, eh miss?" He greeted before stopping several feet from her. He wasn't quite as tall as her, so he couldn't see the sight that she was looking at below the cliffs without getting too close, and he didn't want to do that without her permission. So instead, his attention was drawn to his surroundings as a light snowfall began.

"Speak"

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (300)

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
12-20-2020, 06:48 PM

Jynn's ears flicked back as a breeze started to stir and she looked up at the clouds for a moment but as far as she could tell it was just a gentle snow fall. She hoped it wouldn't get worse. She had no idea where to stay here and as far as she could tell there wasn't much of a way to descend the cliffs. As she peered down though she did see a sandy beach a little further down the coastline.

Her ears flicked up as she heard someone coming and she turned to see a short, earthen colored man. "Hello there, yes, it is nice out. I hope the snow stays light. My name is Jynn, what brings you here?"

Gimli

Hemlock
Paladin

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (175)

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

12-20-2020, 06:56 PM (This post was last modified: 12-20-2020, 06:57 PM by Gimli.)

"Hello there, yes, it is nice out. I hope the snow stays light. My name is Jynn, what brings you here?" Ears perked as the wolf-like creature turned to greet him. "Ah hope so too. While my coat is thick, I don't fancy the idea of getting stuck in the snow." He mused. "My name is Gimli, and this is Knut," He gestured to his larger companion. "I suppose ah'm just ou' here explorin' differen' lands. Ah've never been here before, mind if I join ye there Jynn?" He was eager to see what lied beyond the cliff tops. To see how vast the world was from her point of view.

As he spoke, a cold gust of wind blew over him, causing him to shiver and hunker a little closer to the ground. Sure he was a hefty little beast, but that didn't mean he didn't have a strange fear of strong winds picking him up off his feet and sending him flying. He wasn't particularly keen on being thrown from this far up, but he knew unless some freak event of nature happened, he was perfectly safe.
"Speak"

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

12-20-2020, 07:11 PM

Jynn nodded. "Mine is thick as well but it's not really insulated enough for this kind of weather." Not ha she planned to let that stop her. She had a mountain goat hide that she was crafting into a coat and hat for herself so she could eventually explore the northern territories. Some might say she should wait for summer for that but she would go when she felt like it.

"Not at all, I appreciate the company. I'm something of an explorer myself and the view here is quite lovely if a bit disconcerting." She again peered down the cliff admiring how crystal clear the water was and she wondered why that was so.

Gimli

Hemlock
Paladin

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (175)

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

12-20-2020, 07:47 PM

His tail wagged as she invited him up, and the dwarvish man wasted no time in joining her. Short stocky legs carrying him up the slope. "I'm glad te know there are others who enjoy explorin' as well! Like this very cliff here, I'm interested to see how v-" His words were cut short when he reached the edge of the cliff and looked down. Okay, this was an amazing view, but the moment he looked down it seemed to go on forever. His eye widened as his toes instinctively gripped the ground as hard as they could, the wind buffeting his fur didn't help the feeling he had right about now. His heart pounded hard against his chest as he froze. Why the hell did this look higher than he thought!?

"O-on second thought, I-I think I'll stand back here aways," He slowly backpeddled away until he was several feet from the edge. Man, he must've looked like a coward just now. He had never felt like that before, but then again, he had never been anywhere quite that hight. When he glanced down, it looked like the cliff stretched down forever with no end in sight. "Gimli? You're not afraid of heights, are you?" Knut questioned with an amused tone. "What!? Me? Ah'm not afraid of anythin' ye hear me!?" He sounded flustered, unwiling to admit that he did in fact, feel some form of fear when he looked down. Instead, he looked towards the flowers and the water that he did see beyond the cliff. He supposed as long as he wan't right at the edge looking straight down, he was fine.

"Speak"

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

12-26-2020, 07:56 PM

Jynn grinned as Gimli moved forward to look down the cliff and into the clear waters below, his words stopping suddenly. He changed his mind and shuffled further back inland. Her head tilted playfully as his companion started to tease him. She could tell the height made him uncomfortable and while she found it amusing she wouldn't tease him for it. "Well, one can only stare down in the water for so long." She glanced up again at the sky as the snow started to fall down heavier and heavier. "Well, it was nice to meet you Gimli. I wish you luck on your adventures but I think I'm going to turn in before this storm gets worse. I'm not big on snow."