build
Heavy
player
Bird

Double Master1KHalloween 2020 - Spooky Cave
12-29-2020, 11:58 AM
You should see me in a crown;
Watch me make 'em bow, one by one!

What was it about this lava flow that she found so enticing? Perhaps it was simply because it was a source of warmth while she traversed the northern territories, an easy place to take a break. Her leg was getting better, the days flew by, and she was finally able to put her full weight on the limb. Her walk didn't seem diminished by the injury, and she felt the strength returning to it, soon she would be in fighting shape. That was a few weeks off still, however. For now, she needed to exercise the limb and ensure it gained back what it had lost during her season-long recovery. She came across her favorite perch, a large and smooth rock in the middle of the river of fire. It was easy to jump over for her, though her right forelimb sent warnings through her in the form of a sharp painful protest as she landed. A dual-toned grunt of pain escaped her, but she muscled through it and reclined in her spot. The day had been too bright for her eyes, but it was dusk now, and thus easier to deal with. Looking around and admiring her surroundings, the demonic queen found her eyes catching on something. Lurid could see a dark figure in the distance, seeming to head her way, and so prepared herself for company. It had been a busy few weeks for her with meeting others.

Word count: 240 words.
"Talk." || 'Think.' || 'Hear.'
Note: Omg I am so excited for this XD I couldn't wait lol <3
ART
Despite her adorable good looks, Lurid is quite the nasty character. Use extreme caution when threading with her. Her threads are almost always considered mature, with possible triggers. Caution, this character is rated M for Mature! <3 She is unpredictable even to her author, who decides her conduct by random die rolls. Ilyn is a 24" tall polar bear & Samael is a black Augur Buzzard with a 50" wingspan, they travel with Lurid as her companions. If not directly mentioned, assume they are nearby. As her mate, Requiem is allowed in any of her threads regardless of label. Lurid possesses diamond-studded armor which she uses in battle.

Click the character icon to see Lurid's profile.
Discord: Bird_223 or PM character
to plot with me, ask about threads,
or to remind me about posts!

Nox Nightingale

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

12-29-2020, 05:26 PM
Question me? All of your doubt feeds my desire.

It was easy to get lost sightseeing across such vast and inspiring landscapes. Nox found herself easily enticed by each drastically different change in terrain. The landscape shifted in shape and color, from hot and barren deserts to lush green hillsides. She and her companion had pranced about in a straight line, going in no particular direction but keeping a watchful eye on the snow-tickled mountains to the east and the faint stalks of ice to the north. They talked and even laughed a little, as she now felt a tad more energetic in the shadow of opportunity that laid before them. Nox felt the fires of ambition lick at her heels as she pushed onward to far and distant lands.

She paid no mind to how much time passed, for it didn’t matter. She had no children to rear, nor followers to please. The sensation of freedom was almost comforting if not for that irritating tick of her biological clock. Though it felt like the hours passed quickly, she knew very well that not that much time had passed, and her hairs were unlikely to furl and gray anytime soon. When the sand began to thin and patches of grass became visible, she thanked the change. Though, oddly enough the desert-heat did not seem to fade but intensify. Droplets of saliva began to wet her lips as she panted away in a futile attempt to keep cool. “What in the devil’s crack is with this heat!” She muttered harshly, side-eyeing her companion in which he simply shrugged.

The answer to her question soon became visible. Nox made damned sure to avoid the splits in the earth if she was to keep her coat from getting singed. Though she could not save her nose-hairs because she felt them shrivel as she inhaled. A burst of sulphur and charred earth greeted her senses. The sounds of bubbling from below a clear indicator to avoid taking a tumble over the side of the ravine. Amber eyes, almost as radiant as the magma itself, locked onto something out of place in the distance. She paused for a split moment before continuing forward. The voices of uncertainty and distrust urged her not to, but curiosity waved them both. Nox trekked forward, the mystery object becoming more distinct the closer she crept. Her tail flicked off to the side, gesturing for her companion to keep close.

The scene before her was like something out of a dream… or perhaps a nightmare, certainly not hers in that case. On a secluded perch, stretched high above the hell below, sat a mystery woman. She was eased into such a position that suggested she was relaxing on a sunset beach with a cup of honeyed-wine watching the sunset. If Nox had not known better, the shapely form and unearthly visage might have led her to believe it Persephone herself. Nox approached and called out to the stranger, sounding rather amused. “Lovely weather today. Tempted to take a dip?” She asked as a playful smirk curled her lips upward in a pleasant fashion. The light that illuminated the woman's face from below gave her an almost hellish appearance, though those ravishing eyes might have suggested she was anything but. Did Nox know the woman in question? No, no, she did not, but it was simply too fascinating an opportunity to pass up.

I'm gonna make my own empire.

Thanks to Bird for the table help!

Lupa is Nox's bodyguard and second-in-command. While she clearly does her own thing, he's usually not far behind unless instructed otherwise.

[Image: g1hkYWI.png]

Laying down my past I scream.

This is not the end of me.

Time to bury it or me.

I can't take back who I've been but this is where I'll start again.

Lupa

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
12-30-2020, 12:28 PM
Table and image for Linearburn/Lupa!

Get up off your knees girl

Lupa walked through the heat, the slight smell of rotting eggs hung heavy in the air. It reminded Lupa of the hot springs he sometimes found in the mountains as a child. The terrain became more and more torched. Rifts of upheaved ground appeared in the distance. The sky occasionally puffed dark smoke. This was how he imagined the gates of hell. Lupa instantly liked it, he tried hard to not let his excitement pour through his appearances. It took all he had to not want to dart around and investigate the liquid fire that ran through the cracks.

Ahead on an island of rock, appeared a wolf. She intrigued him, was she born from the fire or did she just find it as fascinating as he did? Lupa watched as a leaf got caught by the wind and landed a few feet from her and caught fire. This she-wolf must have a heart of steel or maybe just careless or crazy. He instantly wanted to join the wolf on the island but pushed the foolish thought aside. Lupa stared into the molten rock and watched it swirl for a moment. Torn from his thoughts, Nox called out to the wolf and with a smile of his own Lupa watched with interest for her reply.

And stand face to face with your God.

Lurid

Somnium

Expert Fighter (238)

Master Intellectual (255)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Bird

12-30-2020, 11:46 PM

Soothing did not come close to describing the almost suffocating heat that enveloped her frame. Her eyes stayed on the figure as it approached, though one turned into two when they got close enough for a proper look. The closer they got, the more details were clear through the haze of heat that came from the lava that flowed beneath her. When the pair reached her perch, she made no effort to rise, choosing instead to lay sphinx-like - just in case. With her holographic white-lavender gaze flickering in the light of the fires below, Lurid looked over to the dark pelted woman as she spoke. A smile curled her porcelain lips, and she actually gave a small laugh. "You know, I had been toying with the idea. Hop in, the water is great!" It was at this point, she rose to sit, watching the two of them. "You two look like the lava river just spat you out. Run into trouble recently?" Her tones implied that there was no insult meant, she was only making conversation. They seemed to be around her age, though there was no way to know without asking. The male stayed quiet, which gave Lurid the indication that the female would be doing the majority of the talking and so she got Lurid's attention. The demonic queen smiled as she gave her audience, though she did wonder if the pair would fit her community of miscreants. She would fish for information once formailitys were done.

Word count: 249 words.
Note: My brain won't focus today XD
ART
Despite her adorable good looks, Lurid is quite the nasty character. Use extreme caution when threading with her. Her threads are almost always considered mature, with possible triggers. Caution, this character is rated M for Mature! <3 She is unpredictable even to her author, who decides her conduct by random die rolls. Ilyn is a 24" tall polar bear & Samael is a black Augur Buzzard with a 50" wingspan, they travel with Lurid as her companions. If not directly mentioned, assume they are nearby. As her mate, Requiem is allowed in any of her threads regardless of label. Lurid possesses diamond-studded armor which she uses in battle.

Nox Nightingale

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

01-01-2021, 06:39 AM
Nox was not the type to use the word ‘fate’ lightly. There had been many instances, strange and instantaneous where she would have used the word but only did she when it slid perfectly into place, like a puzzle piece into a coordinating slot. The piece to the puzzle before them was not as perfect, likely a bit ridged and the picture to the puzzle was yet to be determined but she’d say it… It felt like fate. Nox felt it from the way she sat high-upon her golden perch like some deity out of legend to the mischievous glimmer in those lilac eyes. Heat boiled up from deep within the pit, yet she remained there, a perfect statue except for the shift in expression. A sense of humor was not lost on her either. She returned the jest in kind, causing Nox’s smirk to widen. “Tempting, but I’m afraid warm waves often frill my dark-hair and that just wouldn’t do.” She took another few steps in that general direction but did not press any further. Mostly due to the unbearable heat but also as a brace of caution or depending on how one viewed it, a principle of trust. Slowly she eased back, rear pressed against the heated stone. While uncomfortable, it took the strain off her tired paws.

Brilliant amber irises ignited by the harsh light below slowly trailed upward to acknowledge the ghostly devil as she spoke. Lupa, always stoic in nature, remained silent for the current duration. She appreciated that bit about him. Unlike most men, he knew when to keep silent and simply observe. Nox leaned forward slightly, drawn to the edge of the pit by the consistent frothing below. Hot malted earth churned in the hot pit, emitting a powerful glow that was mesmerizing albeit painful to look at. “Not particularly,” She remarked, “-the folk, as well as the fauna of these lands, have been surprisingly friendly.” Nox paused as to reconsider that statement. “Though I know from experience that will not persist.” The matriarch spoke bitterly, recalling upon memories of Candenta and those she met there. Foes were as common as flies on shit. Friends were just as easy to obtain but harder to keep. “The weather, however, seems a bit bipolar.” She was referencing the drastic changes to the landscape: suffocating hot deserts one second, lush humid jungles the next. These islands had diversity covered, though for an explorer it was rather difficult to adapt to the constant change in biome.

Her gaze darted back up to the molten throne, fixating its empress with a calm yet scrutinizing gaze. There was much to be admired about how the stranger carried herself. Confidence always urged intrigue, and those eyes belonged to a creature who cared not for what others thought about her and even less for those who thought she should. Very interesting indeed. A pink tongue slithered up to remedy the cracks that formed on blackened lips. Nox scraped her gaze over the bleak landscape, eyes filled with not distaste but admiration. Mother nature was equally as spiteful as she could be giving.  “So, what might we call you? Unless you would rather fuel the mystery with suspense.” As nice as it would be to have a name to fit the face, she wouldn’t have opposed the idea. She found the mysterious-act sort of charming. “Either way, I’m Nox and this…” She gestured to her pale-haired companion. “Is my dear friend and companion. I imagine he’ll want to introduce himself.” Nox allowed him some time to speak his name. Then, pleasantries exchanged and done with, she eagerly awaited to learn more about the mystery woman. The sole question that burned in her mind now… Who are you?

Lupa is Nox's bodyguard and second-in-command. While she clearly does her own thing, he's usually not far behind unless instructed otherwise.

Time to bury it or me.

Lupa

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
01-01-2021, 09:16 AM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2021, 09:18 AM by Lupa.)
Get up off your knees girl

Waves of heat made Lupa’s vision flicker like ripples in a great ocean of air. The effect was mesmerizing. The female was equally as mesmerizing, completely out of place and yet it was as she belonged here, a complete contradiction that fascinated him. As his companion spoke, Lupa watched the she-wolf. Her lavender irises sparkled in the light of the molten rock like the most polished of gems. They had a slight hypnotic effect that beckoned him, but much like the siren songs of old stories he knew that letting his guard down could result in disaster. Lupa glanced around taking in the wonder this place brought with it. The liquid fire hissed and crackled as though it were alive. Lupa longed to explore every crevasse no matter what danger lurked in each corner. Bringing his attention back to the two women he made a mental-note of how they both sized each other up. Either plucking at one another, looking for weaknesses. That was how most of these encounters went. It could either result in a new friend or a new enemy. He really didn’t care much either way. Lupa preferred to watch and learn as much as he could before speaking. So, he let Nox do most of the talking which was fine because he knew just how much she liked to talk.

One could learn a lot about an opponent by observing ticks, habits, and weighing their overall mood. Using that method, one could determine whether they had any underlying weaknesses, tendencies, or something to hide. These things could be the determining factor If a fight broke out. After watching the two ladies converse for some time, Nox introduced herself which she then prompted him to do so as well. He turned his attention to the siren upon her rocky perch. “I’m Lupa.” He said with a subtle tilt of his snout. Gruff undertones like sandpaper in the back of his throat. He briefly unpacked bits of information from the quite-time he spent observing. “I’m quite enjoying this land so far. Nothing is the same, no land mirroring another. I find this place especially interesting.” He remarked, refamiliarizing himself with the surroundings as he spoke. “I quite fancy the heat,” Lupa commented, firmly pressing his pads into the stone and savoring its warmth. After that, he appeared to have no more to say, simply returning to his observant state unless called upon.

And stand face to face with your God.

Lurid

Somnium

Expert Fighter (238)

Master Intellectual (255)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Bird

01-10-2021, 01:14 PM

There was a lot to be said by how a wolf carried themselves, the body speaks when the mouth is silent. Lurid dealt with the criminally insane all the time in her home, hell, the wolf she had chosen to rule beside her had killed his own father. Alastor carried her heart with him, and she had his beating within her chest as she lay in the sweltering heat of the river. Watching the pair before her, Lurid could see the pride emanating from the darkly cloaked woman, but there was a sadness in her as well. As much as the ebony woman tried to hide it, Lurid knew the spark of loss hidden in those molten gold eyes. The male sat quietly, seemingly ever on guard. He was quite good at watching without watching, the subtle shifts in his eyes gave him away, but only if someone knew what to look for. When the female spoke up, Lurid's holographic eyes fixed her with something akin to warmth in her gaze. "I have noticed this since my arrival. The lands seem unsure of their own identities." She gave a laugh that was melodic and hypnotizing, unfurling herself and coming to make the graceful leap to the same side of the hellish river. The golden light from the river of lava made her fur seem to gleam with a fiery glow, though it was the translucent nature of her fur that made it seem as though embers clung to her pelt. Lurid always held herself with pride and poise, her every motion fluid and smooth, the living epitome of grace and nobility. Her paws dared not even make a whisper on the hard surface of the rocks, like a true specter, as she approached a more appropriate distance for conversation away.

Introductions ensued, and Lurid found herself wanting to play games, but for the sake of etiquette, she decided against it. The female introduced herself as Nox, a fitting name given her color. The male, Nox's dear friend, and companion introduced himself as Lupa. With a smile and an incline of her crown, Lurid's dual vocals rang warmly, "I am pleased to make your acquaintances, Nox and Lupa. You may call me Lurid." Lupa went on to comment on the landscapes and their changes, expressing a particular interest in the area around them. She could see the open admiration on their faces as they looked around, the same look she had worn when she had seen it for the first time. The bitch-goddess liked it here as well, though it would do nothing for hunting or thirst if she were to claim it. This place was considered decorative by the ghostly empress, like a hood ornament. With her brightly colored plumage, Lurid stuck out against the darkness of the landscape, starkly contrasting the black rocks and red magma that flowed beneath. "I quite fancy the heat, myself. It soothes the bones after traveling in the north." It had taken her longer to realize what she liked about this place, but it dawned on her at that moment. The colors reminded her of her Alastor, a beast she hadn't been able to shake from her mind as of late.

Looking between the pair, Lurid wondered just what had brought them to the northern parts of Boreas, aside from the pack that lived up here, there weren't many who would travel up here. For most, there was no reason for it. Life was difficult up here, perhaps they were only exploring. "What brings you to Boreas?" Lurid asked instead, her own reasons were depressing at best, but she held hope that one day her seat would be restored. Perhaps sooner rather than later, at the rate she was going now. Things had picked up recently, her leg was better and she was able to move as she needed to. It would take a fair bit of time to work her body back into fighting shape, but she was confident she could achieve whatever she wished to. It was maybe an intrusive question to ask of them, but she had never worried over offending anyone with questions. If they got offended, she could make her corrections as necessary.

Word count: 704 words.
Note: Sorry this took so long!
ART

Nox Nightingale

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

01-13-2021, 10:02 AM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2021, 10:05 AM by Nox Nightingale.)

Not often did she have to strain to read another being. She prided herself on the ability to distinguish emotions and intentions from body-language. Nox could not say, in that case, what went on behind those violet eyes. When she looked into them, it was like peering into a dense fog with no distance between one’s nose and the hazy veil laid before their eyes. Every so often she managed to make out the shape of something that resembled empathy, but it flittered by quick. She was a storybook of a million blank pages and Nox would have loved nothing more than to see them filled with ink.

Nox dragged her eyes up and down the slender image of the stranger before them—not in a sensual manner though she did find the white-lady rather attractive. No, it was much more like being caught in a spider’s web. Rather than to struggle, Nox waited patiently for the spider to come down and wrap her in a blanket of silk, knowing damn well it wouldn’t end peacefully.  After some time, she did indeed come down from her web and did so with just as much grace and intricacy as an arachnid. Even though she could not afford to become distracted, Nox found herself utterly ensnared by the lights as they danced across her alabaster pelt like bits of fire.

When the siren's voice again called out to them, she felt inclined to respond but found herself lacking the words. “Uh...hm?" She blinked furiously, trying to tether herself to reality. After some time, she managed to string together a semi-intelligent sentence. "Oh, yes! Sorry. The same could be said for most of us wanderers." It was more of a jest than a philosophical debate, but she could relate to the statement. After everything that happened, it was hard to say who she really was anymore. There was nothing unique about a lost soul. They were all lost in one shape, form, or fashion. Intelligent eyes swept a playground of stone and fire. If she inched much closer to the edge, the sweltering ground would threaten to burn her paws. However, the lovely-stranger seemed unperturbed, sweeping toward them with elegance. As she approached, Nox relaxed even further in a display of both confidence and faith. She would have laid down on the concrete if it would not have strained her neck to look up at such an intense angle. Height was not the only difference between them, but it was the more drastic.

Names were swapped and finally, she had something solid to call the phantom. One question answered but many remained. “The feeling is mutual, I assure you.” The picturesque sight of her upon that perch was nothing compared to being up-close: Not simply just because of her beauty but because of something Nox had a hard time putting to words. “Boreas? Is that what these lands are called?” With no guide to ferry them through the wilds, it had gone on nameless. Of course, she was not surprised to find that these lands had a name, but as an amateur geographer, she was very disappointed.

“But to answer the question, I have two answers. My adventurers’ spirit being one and the other…” Nox paused as to consider her next words. “I’m looking for someone. Well… someone(s), plural.” Their list of missing seemed to fluctuate day-by-day. She'd not managed to come any closer to finding her daughters, but Nox had found a few that she didn’t even know she was looking for. “These lands are vast so I doubt the possibility that you have come across them but just in case. Have you perchance seen a striped canine with a foreign accent or two girls both black and white in color, one with green eyes and the other yellow?” There was a faint hope that the reason they had found each other was for that purpose and not just coincidence. Nox had nothing else but hope, and she would have given her soul to know if her daughters or brindle-furred friend were alright.

Time to bury it or me.