Lyonovei

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
06-06-2014, 04:53 PM

Lyonovei was not enjoying winter. He was a large creature, and keeping himself warm and fed was not an easy thing. Small creatures could have small meals, but not him. They could den almost anywhere, but not him. They could easily escape notice, but he stood out like a peak among plains. Each day he ticked away, waiting and waiting for spring to arrive. When it stubbornly refused to head him, he had made his way south. At least here the snow did not drift a dozen feet deep, or howl at night, or freeze his fur into clumps. Here prey ran thicker as well. Yes, he thought. It's the south for me. At least until the season turned, anyways. No doubt in the summer these lands would bake him to a crisp. It was beyond the hulking man as to why the gods couldn't just make up their damn minds and fucking pick one, hot or cold. It seemed like their only purpose was to piss on his day, when it came right down to it. He paused, looking up from his thoughts to take stock of the land around him. The sun was just waning past noon, and the land around him glowed a washed out palette of red scale. It was strange, as if it had been washed with blood some hundred years passed. Grisly, perhaps, but enough to occupy his mind as he wandered on.

"Talk" "You" Think
[Image: LN6hKs6.png]

Aegira

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
06-06-2014, 05:40 PM

Winter is hard on all, and Aegira is no exception. The life of a rogue is far from anyone?s definition of easy. At the very least her light coast is easily disguised in the snow, and the girl has managed to get by tooth and nail, surviving off of rabbits and squirrels and rats. She doesn?t mind; she?s a survivor, has always been and will always be. Life will never come with ease to rogues, and this is something that she readily accepts. Today she finds herself with unexpected company, but not unwelcome. She moves closer, bi-colored eyes focus curiously upon his frame. ?Be careful, the dumb expression on your face might be contagious for your brain,? she teases. She moves closer, eager for some sort of interaction after long months of monotony. She cares little if she pisses him off or not; Aegira does not need friends, and she is capable of slaying her own enemies, even giant ones such as him.

AEGIRA

Lyonovei

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
06-06-2014, 07:06 PM

Lyon's mane bristled with surprise, though he gave no other indication that he had been caught unaware. He turned slowly to square her in his gaze, letting her words ruminate in his mind before replying. Her... spunk was obvious, and he'd call her that to be kind, but the male wasn't sure if a frisky mood was upon him or not. Besides, he was a bit distracted. For one, her bi-colored gaze soured his first impression over her, knowing that in his homeland it was a sign of noble blood. But furthermore she was so... so... small He finally responded, though not to her earlier jab. "Well you're so small, you'd hardly be any more than a mouthful, wouldn't you? Better spend your gaze elsewhere, little one." It was not meant to be threatening, and in fact there was a warmer tone of apathy lacing each syllable, though it could certainly be taken as such he supposed. In truth it mattered to him little and less. He'd found that if you weren't resilient enough to roll with the punches you'd get crushed sooner or later, and if he was to help her along that path than so be it. He gave her pelt another long glance, cementing it in his mind. It was unique, certainly. Perhaps even as vibrant as his own, in some respects. The mixture of auburn and cream, the flecks of violet and silver. It was an oddity he had not been prepared to face.

"Talk" "You" Think

Aegira

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
06-06-2014, 07:15 PM

He?s handsome, she?ll give him that, but handsome means shit to her. Handsome doesn?t make anyone better at fighting, nor does it improve their chances of surviving the winter. He doesn?t immediately get angry, however, which makes him somewhat tolerable company. He?s exotically marked, much like herself. They both are one of a kind, unlikely to find a twin in any portion of their lives. Nonetheless, Aegira cares little for physical appearances. A brow quirks upwards as the woman hears him call her small. ?At least I?m not fat,? she tells him in another teasing tone. It?s fun to tease, to joke; of course life has its serious moments, but she?s spent so much time just surviving that she wants to live it up a little. Hunting, fighting, and healing are all important, but laughter and happiness are what you hunt, fight, and heal to stay alive for.
?Besides, I know I?m small. I did you a favor though. You didn?t know how dumb you looked. You?re welcome,? she tells him jestingly. If he should take a more aggressive stance then she might back down, if only because a fight in this weather would be foolish. But for now she is content to poke and prod him as she pleases.

AEGIRA

Lyonovei

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
06-07-2014, 01:50 PM

The hulking brute scoffed. Fat? How could she hardly call him fat. He had been worn down to nothing but muscle and bone by the harsh turn of the season, but perhaps his coat gave off the illusion of weight. It was plusher than most, he supposed. Maybe? Fuck, he didn't know, he'd never had to think about it before! He rolled his eyes at the small fae, deigning to comment. It was not enough to stop her though, and the small creature continued to prattle on, despite his apparent apathy. "I know I'm small," she claimed, "You didn't know how dumb you looked!" She made as if he had thanked her, and his fur rankled. The man held in a growl, or a sharp cuff around the ear. He had half a mind to bowl the rat over and teach her some manners. "The only thing that means less to me than your perception," he grumbled under his voice, and began to walk once more, "is your opinion." The girl had caught him in a better mood than most days, though he was doubtful that it showed. The ambient warmth (compared to where he had come from) had lifted his spirits some, though he still didn't know what he meant to do now that he arrived. He had considered finding a pack to winter with, but the last time he'd tried that it had ended in a duel and a hasty retreat. Not an experience he'd care to repeat. The charcoal man ground his teeth and allowed his eyes to narrow into a glare, though what it was meant for specifically he couldn't say. It was closer to a permanent physical feature than a choice or expression.

"Talk" "You" Think

Aegira

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
06-08-2014, 05:59 PM

He looks down, clearly buying into her insults. Aegira cannot help the smirk that overcomes her dark lips, amusement playing out on her face as a giggle runs forth. It seems she has been successful in getting beneath the giant?s skin, and for that she feels as if she ought to pat herself upon the back. He?s clearly a grumpy sort, and she trusts the strength of her legs to carry her far away if she pisses him off too much.

He moves to walk, and she seeks to keep up with him. Who wouldn?t want her companionship, after all? ?Seemed to matter a whole lot a second ago,? she teases him. ?Aegira Iliadis, personal fashion consultant,? she tells him. She had, after all, told him that he looked dumb and fat. There isn?t much else that could be involved in the job, right? ?Would it make you feel better if I told you that you?re handsome?? she says. It?s not flirtatious exactly; she has no cares for such things.

AEGIRA

Lyonovei

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
06-08-2014, 07:07 PM

The girl was obviously quite proud of herself, and Lyon sighed. There was no winning with her thus far, and quite frankly he wasn't in the mood for a fight. Plus, she was... somewhat amusing. Perhaps. In an odd sort of way he found her vivacity distracting, as if it pulled him away from his mind for a time. Once more, he ignored her jibe. I am Lyonovei Nikolai Volkov, he murmured. But for the most part I go by Lyon. It took him by surprise when the nickname slid from his lips. He had not been addressed as Lyon for quite some time. Why had he offered it to her? Before he could think on the matter any further the woman was speaking once more, digging in further yet. Handsome she said, and Lyon did not know whether to flush or scoff. What was that supposed to mean? He hadn't the foggiest what she wanted from him, or why he was even carrying on with her still. And there you go with those opinions again. We've talked about this, or have you forgotten already? His voice was tinged with a gravelly baritone, a shadowed grinding that may have portrayed irritation and dark intentions, but in truth he was simply embarrassed. Perhaps he ought to chase her off after all...

speech

Aegira

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
06-16-2014, 10:51 AM

He introduces himself as Lyon, and she nearly smirks at the thought. Lyon the lion who cares so little what a twiggy little whelp has to say about him. He seems so serious, and she wishes to pull out a more playful side to the man, if only to see what it would be like. She is bored, after all, and he has potential to give her much entertainment. He speaks to her about her opinions, and she shrugs her petite shoulders. ?Perhaps I simply don?t care about your opinions on my opinions,? she informs him.
It is then that she pounces, seeking to place her paws at his side and shove, hoping to topple the massive male over so that she might pin him. It?s a playful gesture; everything about her posture is light and neutral, not necessarily submissive but proposing that she is not launching an attempt on his life or his balls or something. ?Bet ya can?t pin me,? she shouts. It?s rather random, but the best play is that which is offered upon surprise.

AEGIRA

Lyonovei

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
07-05-2014, 05:58 PM

Okay. So the girl had spunk. Lyon could respect that, but that didn't mean it would amuse him. Much. Well, either way, he still pretty much just wanted the smallish creature to leave him alone. Her quick comebacks were putting a tax on his mind that was more than unwelcome, considering his empty stomach was still trying to steal the stage. He is taken completely aback when her diminutive form collides with his own. A surprised 'oof' slips from his maw as he is forced to sidestep, and quickly turns a burning orange glare on her. "Bet ya I don't want to," he grumbles, lifting the paw of the shoulder she'd collided with, checking for twinges or whathaveyou. Lyon placed his own fortitude ahead of her playful intentions when it came time to award credit for the lack of damage done. "There's no contest in pinning gnats." That and chasing down their tiny winged bodies was worth more calories than he'd care to admit. Oh, and would you look at that, he was back to thinking about his stomach. "If you want to prove yourself the mighty warrior, why don't you find me something to eat. You know, like a good fae." Perhaps if he pissed her off, the man reasoned, she would leave. Gods help him, he was throwing away his hopes in this last desperate bid. If not, he could always ignore her until she got bored... Right?

"Talk" "You" Think

Aegira

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
07-05-2014, 09:26 PM

She enjoys making him squirm, supposing that she?s doing well enough to get underneath his skin. Alas, it seems her shove isn?t met with much appreciation, nor does it seem to yield any results at all from him. She humphs almost boredly, raising a brow as he tells her she ought to get him something to eat. ?And risk getting my little gnatty self hurt by the big strong deer? What a gentleman you are, sending a little doll to be stomped on. It?s the man?s job to take care of the woman, you know,? she informs him. Once more she seeks to tackle him, keen on play. She doesn?t know why she seems so hellbent on playful interaction, other than that long months spent by oneself can ruin your social graces.

AEGIRA

Lyonovei

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
07-05-2014, 09:35 PM

At last the fae drew a chuckle from her larger counterpart. In part it was due to her wit, though he would also speak for the mental image of her getting squished. He would not back down so easily, as his faithful mind produced a rebuttle. "Gentlemen take care of ladies," he emphasized. "If we're both content with naming you a gnat, I'm not sure what your point is." He turned away from her and began to walk once more, fully expecting her to follow, whether he wished it or no. The sun would be sinking in a few short hours, which meant he ought to find somewhere to bed down for the night. And, he thought as the horrible thought dawned upon him, gods above he'd have to get rid of her before then at the very least. With his goal set, he turned back. "You seem the sort that would shy away from a big strong man taking care of tiny, frail you." Because what was a probing question with a barb? So far none of his jibes seemed to sink in, but he was nothing if not persistent.

"Talk" "You" Think

Aegira

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
07-05-2014, 09:48 PM

She decides she likes him well enough, no matter how touchy he seems to be. He?s witty, perhaps, and making fun of him is quite simply a bit too fun. ?To the contrary, I?m quite the lady. Perhaps you ought to get your eyes checked,? she notes. He moves to walk away and she pauses, choosing not to follow right away. Alas, he turns back to face her nonetheless, a pleased look presenting itself upon her rugged features. ?Everyone wants a free meal,? she tells him with a shrug of her shoulders.
?Sorry if I?ve been too big a pest. Haven?t seen anyone for a couple of months,? she tells him. It?s not an attempt to get pity, but an explanation. ?Know anywhere safe to stay for the night, Lyon? Don?t worry I won?t follow you and breathe my gnat germs on ya when you sleep,? she informs him. She?s simply searching for somewhere warm and safe for the evening.

AEGIRA

Lyonovei

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
07-05-2014, 10:05 PM

My eyes are just fine, thank you very much, he wanted to spit out, but stopped himself at the last moment. Really? Thank you very much? He could do better than that. Better to say nothing at all than to embarrass yourself with weaker wit. And it just so happened that her following comment bore enough wisdom that it drew forth yet another dry laugh. Free meal? Why yes, that would suit him just fine. The conversation took a somewhat more sombre turn thereafter, and some of her jovial tone slipped away. A pest? Oh that was an understatement, but he'd certainly encountered worse. "You're forgiven," he joked, his tone aloof and demeaning all at once, as if her apology was below his notice no matter what she was in fact apologizing for. "I too have been somewhat deprived of company. It was intentional," he paused to make a point of putting a special emphasis on 'intentional' in the hopes of driving her somewhat pleasant intrusion home, "but all the same. As far as sleeping, I've seen a number of caves gouged into the sandstone. As long as it doesn't rain they should serve." Her germs were indeed a terrifying prospect, but once again, he'd encountered worse. At least she wasn't disease ridden, as far as he could tell. From the few rogues he had encountered, word was a plague had swept the land not long ago. If this fae was carrying those sort of germs around, well, he'd have some pointed words for her indeed.

"Talk" "You" Think

Aegira

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
07-05-2014, 10:26 PM

She?s content to stop dicking about now, having gotten her jollies in. She?s suddenly aware of her exhaustion; the life of a vagabond is a difficult one, after all. Her bones have grown so weary and perhaps her heart has, too. She nods at the mention of caves, lifting herself up and deciding to investigate. ?Well, being around you has been thoroughly exhausting. I think I need to take a rest,? she jokes, turning and heading towards where she supposes there will be good shelter. ?Before I go, you may want to work on taking that stick up your ass out. I don?t think it?s healthy for it to be lodged that far up there,? she says with a bit of a snicker before she turns.
She moves off towards a resting place, pleased to have achieved pleasant conversation in the meanwhile. ?exit-

AEGIRA