Addison

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
01-03-2021, 01:31 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2021, 01:36 AM by Addison.)

The night was cold. It was always cold. The warm days swept under by cold nights till the sun rose and the warmth and safety rolled over the lands once again. The night is when the dark and scary come out to play when reminded of the pain that's carried throughout daily life in the people we met and lost too soon. When days go on and the hollow shell of what once was and what once was wanted to be.

She was calm, but her mind raced of the things that stained her brain that kept her from moving on. Even on the coldest nights, she found ways to keep herself warm. Yet she sat in the middle of nowhere, body curled on the ground shaking. Golden orbs in swells, she knew her fair share of loss and shit luck, but many knew the same fate, some had it worse. Who was she to put her heavy hopes and empty dreams on others, they didn’t care. Loss is always hard even on the toughest souls. When the gut drops and that overwhelming feeling fills the entirety of your body. They are gone. They are never coming back. It’s not always instant, for some it takes months, years, decades.

Her heart swelled in her chest, it had been months close to even a year and she was so strong, but even the tough can’t handle it all sometimes..

“You promised me..”

She whispered with tears slipping down the dark of her face, body clenched tight into herself she barely noticed the shadows that engulfed the broken brown wolf. Protecting her from the others of the night.

“I didn’t make any promises”

“Yes you did”

“No I didn’t”

“You said you would love me and you would stay with me forever,”

“But I do love you,
I loved you before I knew you.
And I am with you
In memories,
In the things you learnt.
The way you walk is different now because you carry me with you.”

The gentle voice spoke, wrapping around the shaking mutt with tears that stained the earth below her.

“But it’s not the same,”

“Yes it is... and it’s yours to keep.”

“But it hurts to hold,”

“Then let it go,”

She stopped, her ears flattened as she tucked even more into herself.

“I don’t want to.”

“Why not?”

"Because I don’t know who I’ll be without it...
And I’m scared to find out..."