gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Kristen
01-14-2021, 09:12 PM

Raijin had decided that it was finally time for him to traverse into the Armada territory to see what that area had in store and to meet some of its residents. Ever the social butterfly he wanted to meet all the wolves that he could in order to form connections that could be beneficial to him in the long run. After all, what was a diplomat without wolves under his thumb? With his knowledge of their alliance, the koi man didn’t hesitate when he crossed over the borders onto the sea plain. The sun was high in the sky and the water had pulled back for low tide to reveal a nice sand bar to walk across. His toes chilled in contact with the frigid, slightly frozen sand, but he continued anyways.

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

Advanced Intellectual (76)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
01-14-2021, 09:29 PM

Hikaru was making his presence known in his new him, he was determined to make Mortis proud of him. He’d welcomed him in after hardly knowing him and encouraged him while keeping him warm ever since. The young koi hardly missed his homeland any longer. While still guilty about not completing his training to be a full shinobi Hikaru was becoming at home here in the Armada. His pale paws carried him over the now familiar lands. He’d started taking up patrols with Mortis whenever he could. He was going to pull his weight and more. What he lacked in becoming a shinobi he made up for in giving to this pack.

As he walked the sight of another koi didn’t pass his notice, but he’d already run into Hattori. There was little surprise that he would see Raijin here. Though not quite as back from the dead as the former, him still possessing his life was impressive. "Raijin, you found your way back to Hattori as well?" He wasn’t sure the last time he’d actually spoken to the older Iga wolf. "As a part of Ashen?" By his hesitation and the scent of his pelt were the only reasons he had to assume.

"Speech"

Raijin

Loner

Expert Fighter (235)

Master Intellectual (275)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Kristen
01-14-2021, 09:45 PM

Raijin’s name was called into the air and he stopped in his tracks, turning around to face whoever had called him. A young male clad mostly in white but with the telltale koi splatterings approached him and the diplomat struggled to fit a name to the face. It took a moment, but it finally popped into his head. “Hikaru? Did you finish your training already?” he asked with a good natured, albeit slightly confused grin. It was a good thing the man never forgot a face or else this interaction could have gone much worse. Though, it probably would have been understandable considering the pair had only met perhaps two or three times.

”Yes, I’ve joined Ashen with Hattori. I’d thought he was dead, but it seems there are surprises around every corner, such as seeing you in Armada,” he commented, hoping to pry some information out of him as to why he was in the affiliate pack instead of under the fallen prince.

Talking, Talking in Italics means he's speaking Japanese

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

01-15-2021, 09:31 AM

Hikaru couldn’t deny the slight surprise that Raijin remembered his name, but the community was small enough that everyone knew everyone at least in passing. Hikaru had always looked up to Hattori, Raijin and his brother. Hika tried not to think about the fourth wolf that he had held up at his hero. One that he struggled to accept was likely lost when the ambush happened. He shook himself mentally as Raijin replied to him and questioned him about his training.

The small koi suddenly took on a bashful look as he averted his gaze, Raij continued though affirming his assumption and mentioning the surprise in Hattori as well as Hikaru’s presence. "I thought he was too." But that was the consensus back in Nippon. Their heir was dead. "But no, I never finished. That’s why I’m here." He shrugged off the harsh reality and the memory of his family’s disappointment. "I think that I’ve really found my place though." There was hope for his future, even if he wouldn’t be the shinobi he’d always dreamed to be.

"Speech"

Raijin

Loner

Expert Fighter (235)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Kristen
01-17-2021, 11:31 PM

Hikaru gave him a rather embarrassed look and Raijin tried to think back on his words to find why the other would behave in such a manner, but he couldn’t think of anything. It wasn’t until the other mentioned that he’d never finished his training that it made sense to Raijin. He couldn’t say it wasn’t a surprise, since once you were in Iga it was nearly impossible to get out unless you slipped away half-dead like he had or you went out on a mission and never went back. The kid looked pretty healthy though, so it didn’t seem like it was the first one, and if he hadn’t graduated from the academy there was no way he’d been sent out on a mission alone. How curious.

”Iga was turning into a bit of a shit show anyways, you’re probably better off. Glad to see you’re happier here, but if you ever want to brush up on some of your roots you know where to find me,” he offered with a lazy smirk. There was a lot he could teach the yearling, and not just about fighting. His specialties lied mostly separate from his cousin’s and he was sure Hikaru knew that. ”What made you come here over Ashen anyways? You got a girl, or maybe a guy?” he said with a wink, nudging the boy suggestively with a paw. It wasn’t a secret to anybody from their clan that Raijin himself indulged in nefarious activities with either sex. Maybe he’d give him pointers.

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

01-18-2021, 08:29 AM (This post was last modified: 01-29-2021, 11:03 AM by Hikaru.)

Hikaru had gotten away from the Iga and Nippon but perhaps not with his pride intact. Half dead wasn’t right but half scolded was much more likely. Hika was born into the Iga and he’d become an incredible disappointment to his parents even if they didn’t publically announce such an opinion. When he’d finally come to the decision he would never make it they were quick to remove him from the family home. Instead of attempting to find another place Hikaru had stolen away in the night. He knew where he wasn’t welcome, even if his turn of events was not anything near typical.

Raij spoke up again as Kaiyo grew quiet, but commended his arrival here. He spoke the truth, Iga wasn’t where he wished to be without their heir. He wouldn’t say it but perhaps they wouldn’t be the strongest clan for very long. "I might have to take you up on such a kind offer," he chuckled lightly as Raijin smirked, but Hika’s expression quickly changed to surprise and then bashfulness as the koi spoke. Raij knew exactly what he was saying and the playful nudge only helped his words hit home.

Hika’s pale face went red, matching the spots along his body as his eyes fell to his paws. After Keetie’s kiss there had been a lot of conflicting emotions and strange thoughts and feelings he had to work through. All of them originating with Mortis. "No I uh.. I don’t have a girl." His pause was maybe too long. "Or a guy!" He added, his embarrassment at this particular topic obvious. His own internal struggle peeking through. He was friends with Mortis, he just meant a lot to him after everything. "The Armada’s heir, Mortis and I got stuck in a snow storm before I met Hattori, and I accepted his invitation to join here." He explained innocently. "Pretty lucky it’s Ashen’s ally." He tried to speak more about the packs than how he felt about Mort.

"Speech"

Raijin

Loner

Expert Fighter (235)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Kristen
01-29-2021, 08:45 AM

Perhaps Raijin enjoyed teasing others a tad too much, especially when they were cute. He couldn’t help the thrill of satisfaction that went through him when the boy’s expression quickly turned bashful at his comment, Hikaru’s bows rising in surprise then scrunching with timidness, a hint of a brighter pink peeking through the pale white of his cheeks quite adorably. How innocent he was.

His company was quick to announce that he didn’t have a girl, though the slight delay in mentioning a boy told him all he needed to know. Hell, he even got a name out of it when he went on to explain how he’d come to be in the Armada. A Mortis, apparently, and the heir to the pack. It seemed the yearling was making friends in high places. “Mmm, seems so. Lucky indeed,” he rumbled with a knowing glint. “Just make sure you don’t let them push you around. You got away from Iga to lead a different life, surely you have something in mind as to what that is. Nobody knows who you are, you can choose to keep it that way or teach them who you are,” after all, who didn’t want a fresh start?

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

01-29-2021, 11:22 AM

The sudden crazy beating of his heart after talking about Mortis was unexpected and only fueled the confusion deep down. Hikaru didn’t doubt his friendship with Mortis for a minute, what he did feel confused about was all the other feelings. He was slowly coming around to the idea, but his inner workings still refused to acknowledge them. Mostly out of fear of the danger they might do to the friendship they were building.

Raijin didn’t press him very hard, a relief to the young koi. Finding Mortis had been lucky in more ways than one, and that fact didn’t help his bashful blush any. His steely gaze lingered on pale paws as Raijin went on, warning him and giving advice. He could reinvent himself here, Hikaru felt like he could become his true self, unlike the shell he’d been in Nippon. Here he didn’t have to make himself fit into the mold. He wouldn’t get his face shoved in the dirt as he was reminded again and again how he needed to contort and comply with the life he was born in.

"You’re right, I won’t." Hikaru assured him, certain that he would find his place. For so long he’d dreamed of claiming his shinobi title, but now that he was here he realized there was so much more that life could offer. He could explore his crafting ways, but also keep himself in fighting condition. "Everything is so different here..." He trailed off as though overwhelmed by the thought. "But I’ve never felt more like.. myself." He was telling Raijin as much as himself as he fully embraced the fact.

"Speech"

Raijin

Loner

Expert Fighter (235)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Kristen
02-20-2021, 09:15 AM

Hikaru confirmed with what seemed to be conviction that he wasn’t going to let the opportunity he’d made for himself waste away, for which Raijin gave a sharp, approving bob of his head. They all had to make do with the lot they were given in this life while they could before they moved onto the next. Their existence was always sprinkled with danger and they never knew which day could be their last, so they might as well do what they wanted when they could.

The comment he made about never feeling more like himself brought another bright grin to the older man’s face and he moved to the boy’s side, reaching out to pull him into a side-bear hug. “Atta boy, that’s what I like to hear. Sometimes the place we think we’re meant to be isn’t the one, but once we get to where we’re really meant to be it all makes sense. I hope Armada is that for you,” he said. Then, he let the yearling go before standing, giving his pelt a good shake. “How’s about you show me some interesting places you’ve found, hm?” he said, golden gaze meeting silver as he waited for Hikaru to lead the way.