gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

The Ooze ParticipantValentines 2020Critical Fail!Trick 2019
01-16-2021, 12:28 PM
A couple weeks had passed since she started to call Sparhawk her husband, and so far she enjoyed every moment. Celebrating with her family and seeing the big grins and smiles they put on their faces. She felt like Abaven had a ray of hope, and their future looked so bright. Poem often wore a smile on her features, and she wasn’t sure that she had ever felt this good, physically, mentally, and about herself in general. The young woman struggled through many hardships in her life, but all of it had led to who she was and where she was now. Except for the last few days. She woke up feeling sick every day, she was sensitive to smells, and her abdomen felt sensitive.

Poem was no healer, she hadn’t taken that particular skill from her mother or father. On top of that Poem had little to no experience with pregnancy. Samara had given birth to her siblings, but beyond helping to name them she hadn’t been very hands on. Especially in the early stages. The thought of carrying Sparhawk’s children hadn’t even begun to cross her mind. She didn’t wish to bother her grandmother over such a small belly ache so her pale paws brought her through the thicket. Her sister had been working here recently and if they could have a solution in a few moments she didn’t want to interrupt her current efforts.

”Theory?” Poem called out to her sibling softly. Since Motif had been so quiet recently her alpha half sister had become the closest sibling to her. Poem felt like she could tell her anything and all she’d receive was love and adoration. Of course the opposite was true, but Poem wasn’t sure Theory felt the same. Of course she had many more responsibilities and duties, but the woman wished she could help carry some of that weight. ”Are you out here?” She continued to follow her sisters trail, dark ears perked for Theory’s voice.

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Fertile Fertile

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

Pride - BisexualSamhain 2022WealthyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31K
OverachieverCritical Attack!VolcanoLegendaryCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
01-16-2021, 06:58 PM
She was busy working with the strange, haphazard garden that she was bent on creating. Mounds of peat were bunched underneath a dense thicket and she was diligently laying them out flat when she heard Poem's call. Covered in dirt, she bounded towards the summons eagerly. They were both wrapped up in strange new circumstances - Poem, newly married, and Theory passing her days with Thalia. She wasn't quite sure what to call them, if there even was a "them" to merit naming the situation, but she was content. Her siblings would reach their majority soon and begin to select their paths in life. That frightened her, but she knew their family would always be there for them, no matter the route they chose. "Poem?" she replied, her short tail wagging. "What brings you to me, sister of mine?" Theory nuzzled her cheek briefly and caught a whiff of something... different. There was a subtle change to her sister's scent. She was intimately familiar with her sister; any changes to her scent were immediately recognizable.

Poem

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

01-16-2021, 07:36 PM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2021, 07:37 PM by Poem.)
She could hear a disturbance in the thicket but she wasn’t sure where it was coming from, thankfully Theory was able to hear her though. The rustling stopped and her alpha sister called back to her. They met each other on the path, the snow obvious here but not able to accumulate as evenly as on the plains. Poem leaned into her sister’s affectionate touch. Poem had been spending a lot of time with Sparhawk, but that was to be expected. It was nice to be here with Theory now.

”Hello, Theory.” She greeted with a smile and light squeeze of her sister’s shoulders. ”My belly has been a little upset the last couple of days and I didn’t really want to bother grandmother.” Poem assumed it was no big deal, Theo would prescribe her something and she’d feel better tomorrow. ”So I thought you could help... Since you've become the healer in the family." She chuckled brightly and playfully nipped at her sister's cheek.

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

01-18-2021, 03:15 PM
Well, she supposed she had! Rhyme had taught her what he knew and she'd picked up bits and bobs along the way, and of course Samara helped... still, it felt strange to fully claim that title. It didn't quite feel like it belonged to her. The change in Poem's scent didn't leave her mind, even as she playfully returned Poem's little nibbles and nudges of affection. Although she'd been enjoying spending time with Thalia, it felt good to get back to basics with her closest family. If she closed her eyes she could picture them again as puppies, rolling and playing without a care. Puppies. Theory glanced at Poem again out of the corner of her eye, assessing the curve and barely noticeable change to the set of her stomach. She wasn't intimately familiar with pregnancy, but she'd gotten a crash course during Samara's and wouldn't fail to miss early signs easily. "Have you been, uh, enjoying married life?" How could she broach this? It was such a personal, precious thing, and everything in her was straining to just blurt it out. Maybe she could hang on through the small talk just a little bit longer.

Poem

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

01-18-2021, 07:25 PM
Theory returned her sister’s playful affections and Poem smiled, she wasn’t feeling near the nausea that plagued her earlier in the day. That combined with her high spirits disguised much of how she felt. She hoped Theory didn’t think she was just kidding to get some time with her. She sighed contentedly, easily falling back into her sister’s presence when she spoke again. Poem’s dark ear perked up slightly, confusion playing on her features. ”Well, yes.” A slight blush brightened her pale features. ”What would that have to do with my stoma…ch...” The pause marked the moment that two and two would easily come together in her mind. Her jaw dropped slightly and her eyes rounded a bit. They hadn’t even been married for all that long and… ”Theory.” Her blue and lavender eyes turned back to Theo, needing her to say the words before she’d believe herself.

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

01-21-2021, 09:52 AM
She coughed politely. Oh, good. Poem had come to understand what she'd meant quite quickly; thankfully she wouldn't have to probe any deeper into the intricacies of her sister's private life. As much as she loved her, there was part of Theo that was a bit of a prude. Some things were meant to stay private, that's all! Theory slowly smiled, but it was a nervy expression that spoke of the knots that had begun to twist in her stomach. She'd only just gotten used to the role of big sister, she wasn't sure she was ready to add "aunt" to her roster of titles - but Poem was going to have to add "mother" to hers in the coming months. "Oh, Po! You've done it! You're going to be a glorious mother!" Theory's happiness managed to quell her anxiety for the time being as she showered her sister in affection, her short tail wagging so quickly it was a blur. Sparhawk was a good man. Solid. Reliable. He would certainly make an excellent father. And Rhyme! Oh, he was going to be a grandfather - and Rhythm! A great grand mother? They'd have to break the news soon so the old woman could fully relish it. "There's so many others to tell! Well," she caught her breath, carried away with the news. "If you'd like to. It's your news!"

Poem

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

01-21-2021, 11:01 AM
Theory at least, had similar ideas to talking about their personal lives, if she’d asked Poem might have said something but was relieved they didn’t have to go into detail. The newly married woman was quick to pick up on what Theory was attempting to get around to saying, but it wasn’t real until her sister said the words aloud. Dark ears slicked to her skull and excitement overtook nausea in her belly. Theory was quick to show her own emotions in the unbridled affection she showed her sister, Poem returned it even as her head raced with thoughts and emotions. ”It wasn’t so difficult” She returned humbly, they hadn’t even talked about eventually being parents! ”I… We.. And...” Poem leaned into Theory’s shoulder as her own blue and lavender eyes lowered to her still rather slim belly. ”And so fast! Are you sure I’ll be a good mother, am I really ready?” The nerves quickly descended as Poem felt overwhelmed very suddenly. She felt a little faint and more heavily relied on her sister to uphold her. Theory mentioned letting everyone else know too and that didn’t help Poem’s internal list as she worried over everything silently. ”Oh, Theory.” Excitement lay way to her nerves and the reminder that her mother was not here to help welcome her grandchildren into the world. Maybe it was the sudden change in hormones or that she’d been holding back for too long but Poem unexpectedly burst into tears. Joy and sorrow falling like crystal tears from her bright eyes.

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

01-22-2021, 05:00 PM
Just as she was thinking of everyone they should tell, a knot began to form in her stomach. There was one wolf that Theory wished beyond reason they could share this news with... and they couldn't. Not in the traditional sense. "Oh, Poem..." she mustered as her sweet sister erupted in a flood of tears. They were both sad and joyful. Theo couldn't imagine the complicated feelings that were stirring inside of Poem. Her own head was so clouded and she wasn't even the one carrying new life. "You will be a perfect mother. And, if you'd like, we can visit Shaye tonight and tell her all about this exciting new step." While Theory didn't necessarily believe in a higher power, she did believe in some kind of afterlife. How could she not? The idea of her losing her beloved friends and relatives to some nameless darkness was incomprehensible. Abaven was so old and these lands so treasured that she was sure it was filled with ghosts - not just wolves whose names she knew, but those who had settled here many years ago. This place was filled with memories, and memories were the closest thing she knew to magic. "I know she's here. She's listening, even if we can't see her," and with that, Theory huddled Poem into a tight embrace, draping her neck over her sister's shoulder.

Poem

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

01-22-2021, 05:49 PM
The memory of introducing Sparhawk to Shaye’s grave popped into her mind, and how perfectly he’d reacted to the moment. Her heart hurt knowing that Shaye wasn’t here to celebrate with them. Shaye wouldn’t be here to help give her advice or offer a night off for the new parents. She would be there to hold Poem’s paw through the birth, or talk her through the difficult moments. The tears came easily when she thought about how much she missed her mom.

Poem leaned into her sister’s shoulder as she assured her of the job she’d do, and the trip they could take. Shaye would always be with them, even if she wasn’t with them. Poem sniffled and took in a deep breath as she tried to reign herself in. This was a happy time, even without being able to have Shaye beside them. The newlywed was going to be a mother, she wanted to embrace the joy that fact brought. For everyone.

The young woman held tightly to her sister as she offered physical and vocal support. ”I still wish she could be here.” She uttered softly before lifting her head. She’d cried so many tears before, they wouldn’t help her now. ”There’s a lot to be done.” Poem took in a big breath and steadied her heart and her mind. ”I want Sparhawk to know before anyone else, then you can start telling everyone. I might ask for your help when I tell Tato.” She clammed up a little at the thought. There was no shame in her condition, but it still felt so weird.

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

01-28-2021, 08:01 AM
"Yes, of course - but there's plenty of time for preparations. And I'll be with you every step of the way." Theory knew she was no replacement for Shaye, but she hoped her sister could find comfort in their closeness for the time being. She'd felt the loss of a mother not once, but twice in her lifetime and it was more than any wolf should have to bear. There were no words to describe that pain. It was a deep, private ache; only her sisters could know how she felt, and even then their experiences were so different. Losing Shaye had been like tearing open a long-healed wound only to find that there was a bone-deep infection there that had never quite healed, rotting from the inside out. But she had to be strong for her sister, for the pack. That was the problem with wounds like that: if you never took the time to stop and assess the damage, it's impossible to completely heal.

"And I'll help you tell Rhyme, but I think he's got more experience raising kids than anyone else we know - so I think, all together, you're in perfectly capable paws." Theory smiled and nudged Poem's chin with her nose until her sister might lift her head to look into her eyes. "We'll all be here for you." Carefully she cleaned some of the tears from Poem's face. "How do you want to tell Sparhawk? Simply, or make it a grand gesture?" How did one announce a pregnancy? It was such a deeply personal thing. Although she was infinitely happy for her sister, Theory wondered if she'd ever find herself in the same scenario. She was perfectly happy to play the role of doting aunt and big sister, but mother didn't seem to suit her at all.

Poem

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

01-28-2021, 10:19 AM
Poem never really knew Tana, by the time she was old enough to really realize her siblings had a different mother she had all but disappeared. Part of her knew that the tiny woman had gotten in the way of her own perfect family, but all of her parents relationships had long been sorted out by the time she even could walk. Sometimes she craved those nights where Rhyme and Shaye both curled around her and Motif, but they were few compared to her uncle Taphy. The thought made her sad, but she was glad that Sparhawk was her husband. The puppies! growing inside of her would have both parents all of the time. Unlike Rhyme there would be no sharing.

Theory’s vow warmed the young woman, knowing her sister would be beside her through the whole experience soothed her. Alone was not a word she would be using to describe the raising of her children. They would have a whole village to rely on. ”I know you will be, I wouldn't have it any other way.” She aimed to press her forehead against Theory’s as she shared the special moment with her sister. Similar blue eyes met as her sister assured her that she would be well cared for. Poem wouldn’t want for anything during her pregnancy.

She was still trying to come to terms with reality, there were little pups growing within her and she felt excitement, love, and overwhelmed all at once. ”I think I’ll tell him tonight. I don’t know if I can handle anything big.” She confessed. Thankfully Theory would be there when she told Rhyme. She wasn’t sure why she was so nervous about that reveal. ”It’ll be perfect just him and I cuddled up in our den.” The thought warmed her as much as knowing how excited Sparhawk would be once he knew. ”Maybe over dinner..” She thought out loud as her gaze grew distant. For now though, she’d take the time to clean up their little hime, get dinner, and get comfortable with the thought of being pregnant. ”I’ll meet up with you tomorrow to find Dad.”