An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Chrono I

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipDouble MasterThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Dream Weaver
Mammoth Hunter1K
01-17-2021, 12:20 PM

Balthier had been going around feeling pretty lonely recently. He loved his father and his siblings, but maybe his mother's more absent appearance had been taking a toll on him. Not that he noticed. He only met one other wolf, or youngster really. But Ruin wasn't really nice or fun. He stuck mostly to himself and his family since his birth but there were so many wolves in Abaven, and he certainly wasn't the loner type. He was eager to meet the pack or even one day go on adventures outside the pack. Still, as much as he wanted to, he obeyed the rules of his father and his pack because he understood the importance and safety of them.

He usually stayed in the Serpent Plains where his family's den was, but today he went to the rapids for just a change of scenery and maybe to meet some other pack members. Not only was he social, but he enjoyed learning anything he could from any of the adults that could provide him with that help. Other than Ruin being a bully, he was under the impression that most wolves were nice or at least his pack mates. It was something he would have to learn on his own and would probably struggle over the next couple years with his naivety.

He carefully made his way to the rapids' edge, frozen around the bank but still the strong rush of water making it's way through the rest of Abaven. Allegro had told him not to play around in the rapids considering his tiny size and the strength of the pull. But he still wouldn't even consider because of the super low temperatures this winter. So instead he just looked down at the icy and clear stream of water under him. He definitely knew better than to ignore the teachings of his father.

Walk "Talk" Think

Balthier can be rated a !M! mature character due to alcohol abuse.

Poem

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

The Ooze ParticipantValentines 2020Critical Fail!Trick 2019
01-17-2021, 09:20 PM
She was thankful for the restoration of her mother’s den. The place she’d grown up in, during a time that seemed a lifetime ago. So much was different now and so much had happened. She’d been through and seen so much in her short three years. Sometimes she felt much older than she was. Living in the rapids returned the feeling of closeness to her mother. Shaye had been gone for a long time now, but that didn’t mean Poem didn’t miss her every single day.

Her memory was particularly on her mind as she walked up the bank of the rapids, her blue and lavender eyes eventually settling on the pup. She’d seen Allegro around and knew there were new puppies in the pack, but she’d been caught up in her new marriage to get out to see anyone. That didn’t stop her now from wearing a polite grin as she approached slowly.

”Hello, there.” She offered in greeting as she looked around for a potential activity to occupy the boy’s mind. ”It’s nice to watch the water, isn’t it?” She paused and looked down to the icy cold river. ”I’m Poem, I was thinking about uh.. Making a raft for spring! If you’d want to join me.”

Balthier

"The Golden Boy"

Loner

Expert Hunter (160)

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Chrono I

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipDouble MasterThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Dream Weaver
Mammoth Hunter1K
01-18-2021, 06:17 PM

Balthier wouldn't notice the woman that approached him until she was much closer, but he wouldn't show any sign of fear or that he wanted to run off to her appearance. He'd look up to her as she neared, a smile on his face while she came beside him. His tail wagged as she greeted him, gaze going back down to the rush of water below him as she mentioned. "Yeah, but it seems too cold to play in." He didn't know much about the warm weather of the summertime yet, but there was a puppy instinct perhaps that made him want to jump in.

She would introduce herself and talk about wanting to make a raft, which Balthier certainly wouldn't deny. His excited eyes came back to meet hers, "A raft? Okay!" but his gaze moved back down towards the ground for a second before returning, "I don' really know what that is but I'd like to help!" He would never turn down an opportunity to learn, and he had fun making things too. Oh yeah, Poem had introduced herself so it was only polite to do the same back, it would make his dad happy to know he remembered how to be a gentleman. "My name's Balthier by the way!"

Walk "Talk" Think

Poem

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

01-18-2021, 07:36 PM
She was glad to see he was brave and had no fear of her as she approached him. He was a cut little guy, but she wasn’t sure she’d risk saying it to his face. He smiled back and his tail wagged at her as he engaged happily. The water was too cold to play in, ”You’re right, but spring is right around the corner. Best time to catch salamanders.” She nodded affirmatively as he exclaimed about a raft despite not having any idea what he was getting into. Quite the little go getter, Poem already loved him.

”It’s a floating uh.. Platform thing that you float on the water with.” She explained before he gave his name in return. ”It’s great to meet you Balthier!” So what do you want to be when you grow up?” She asked absently as she started to gather bits of sticks and logs. There was no way this raft would life a wolf, pup or not, with what she was gathering together. Maybe it’d be easier to get water proof items down the falls. She’d have to think on it. For now.. ”Alright I need a few more sticks about this big.” Poem asked him as she gestured and displayed what she meant.

Balthier

"The Golden Boy"

Loner

Expert Hunter (160)

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Chrono I

Mammoth Hunter1K
01-19-2021, 09:44 AM

Balthier wasn't sure what salamanders were either, but everything this Poem spoke about seemed pretty fun, so he wouldn't even question it for now. They had a raft to build!

"That sounds pretty cool!" He'd announce, thinking it would be adventurous and brave to travel down the wild rapids with something that floated on the water. Not that it was necessarily safe to do that specifically but nothing could chain the imagination of an adventurous pup.

There wasn't much thought he had to put into his profession when she asked, "Oh, I want to be a great hunter like my dad for sure!" That was his number one priority, but also "I'd like to be strong for Ab-ven too!" He wanted nothing more than to protect his family and his pack, and that feeling would only grow with him as he aged.

Poem would ask him to help gather some sticks and showed him just what she needed. He eagerly went off only a short distance from her and searched the ground and shrubs for sticks that fit her criteria. After gathering a few, he'd trot back to meet her with his mouth full and a big old puppy grin shown brightly through the sticks themselves. He gently placed them down in front of her, "Is this enough?"

Walk "Talk" Think

Poem

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

01-25-2021, 05:39 PM
Poem had the boy’s undivided attention, he was excited with every word she said but it wasn’t likely he even realized everything she was saying. He was too young to even know what warm weather was let alone salamanders. The thought amused her and Poem couldn’t help but wear her own amused smile as she captured his attention. He answered with enthusiasm, much like she had he looked up to his father and wanted to be just like him. Poem beamed. ”When I was your age that’s what I wanted too, to be big and strong just like my dad.” She grinned as they got to work gathering their supplies.

”Oh yes, that’s perfect!” She assured him. Even if they didn’t have a huge amount of supplies she would be able to give him a really good idea of what was going on. If they kept working at it, by the time it was warm enough to get into the water he would be big enough and they could test out their creations. ”Alright for this one i’m going to show you and easy, but not permanent way to weave the branches. It’s better if you can secure them with cordage, but for our first raft it won't matter.” She looked up to him with a wink. ”I’ll show you better ones once we can get more supplies.” Then Poem began to carefully and awkwardly show him how to weave the branches in and out as she had him steady a branch here or there. By the time she was done they had a rickety pile of sticks. Weaved stick, but a pile of sticks none the less.

”Well. Should we see if it floats?” Poem asked excitedly as she stood and looked to the river.

Balthier

"The Golden Boy"

Loner

Expert Hunter (160)

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Chrono I

Mammoth Hunter1K
01-26-2021, 05:29 PM

Balthier only thought it was a little weird that a girl would want to be like their dad when they grew up. But if he had to think about it, Forte and Psalm he could see leaning towards their dad's skills simply because Aranea wasn't that present. All they had was Allegro and the wolves of Abaven to look up to. Though right in this time, Balthier didn't feel any ill will towards his mother. He loved her as much as he loved his father, regardless of how often she was able to come visit.

Balthier watched as Poem started crafting the raft, listening as she instructed how to weave the sticks together and helping when she asked. The little raft they created, as she had stated, was really only a prototype and he would understand that there wasn't much that the raft could carry. Still, it was amazing to think that the raft could be floatable, and even one day he could make one for himself to fly down the rapids. What would Ruin think then? Bet he'd be a cool kid then.

Balthier would look up excitedly after their work as Poem asked to test it out, and with a swift wag of his tail he wouldn't refuse, "Yeah! You bet!" He'd quickly but carefully pick up the rickety raft with his teeth and trot over to the icy river flow. He was careful not to slip over the bank, but Poem was sure to be watching him. He'd place the raft just on the icy sides of the bank before raising his head and poking the raft with his paw until it made it into the stream and steadily floated across the water. He'd look back to Poem with a big smile, "That was really fun, thanks for showing me Poem." His puppy voice was kind and eager for what he could call a friend regardless of Poem's age difference. And if he was truly honest with himself, which he ignored the thought, he was looking up to Poem with emotions he wanted to feel towards his mother.

Walk "Talk" Think

Poem

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

01-28-2021, 09:11 AM
Of course Poem wanted to emulate her mother as well, the strong woman had always been the crown of her adoration but it was hard to talk about her sometimes. That and she wanted to prove to Balthier how much they had in common. Poem always looked up to her father ever since she was a tiny child. She felt good knowing that he did too, Allegro seemed like a great influence and better dad.

Excitement took the boy as she finished the project and asked if he wanted to test out their work. He brightened like the sunrise and Poem giggled amusedly as she offered him the place of honor. Carefully the boy lifted the rickety raft and very carefully approached the water. Poem was right there, confident she could keep him safe this close to the water. ”Just remember don't get so close to the water without an adult,” she reminded him with a smile as he scooted closer and placed the rat into the swiftly moving water.

It wasn’t a hugely spectacular sight, and it wasn’t long before the raft started to disintegrate but the boy seemed eager and excited nonetheless. ”You are very welcome!” She assured him, ”When it gets warmer we will have to make a better one. Maybe someday we can make one to go in the ocean!” She started, eager to get him just as excited about future projects.

Balthier

"The Golden Boy"

Loner

Expert Hunter (160)

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Chrono I

Mammoth Hunter1K
02-08-2021, 10:03 AM

Poem's instruction didn't go unheard even as his mind was already in the midst of what was good and what was bad. Or what was safe for him. Certainly he couldn't wait until he was big and could do what he wanted though not out of rebellion. But instead just knowing that he could protect himself or stand strong in the currents or do countless other things that adults could. Balthier was definitely a child that anyone should want. He was obedient and careful, but also fun and adventurous.

The raft falling apart down the stream wasn't at all disheartening to him. He did get the understanding of how it was made, and still it made his heart soar to think he could do something adventurous in the future.

And just as his thoughts wandered and explored all options, Poem had seemed to read his mind. "Oh, wow. The ocean. That's really big isn't it?" Balthier could see the ocean from over the hills of his den, but he had never gone to the edge. It was more common sense than a rule, but still, seeing a pup at the edge of Serpent Plains and the ocean would have been a bit alarming to any adult in Abaven. Balthier would probably be even more driven for adventure if he went to the edge and saw the island Abaven once claimed off the coast line.

Walk "Talk" Think

Poem

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

02-08-2021, 01:18 PM
Poem had given him the idea and thankfully the boy wouldn’t become disappointed when the whole thing fell apart and was fully swept away by the current. They’d had fun making the thing and watching it float for a good few minutes. It seemed like her promise of the future would be enough for today. Time would move swiftly, and he’d be grown before he knew it.

”It’s as big as a body of water gets.” Or at least what she had seen. The oceans were massive and surrounded the two continents. ”We might have to start planning now though, to withstand the ocean it’ll have to be sturdy.” She warned him, but there was excitement in her voice. Her ivory tail wagged at her hips as she motioned to return to their little arts and crafts area. ”Have you been taken to the ocean yet?”

Balthier

"The Golden Boy"

Loner

Expert Hunter (160)

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Chrono I

Mammoth Hunter1K
02-27-2021, 06:57 PM

Poem stated that the raft would have to be much more sturdy for them to take out on the ocean, and it wasn't a thought that made Balthier turn away from the idea. It made a lot of sense even to his young mind, and he was no quitter after all. It would probably be a challenge to build a raft so big, and though he wasn't really thinking of a long journey on the raft, gathering supplies for an adventure would be another task to take on. "I can start collecting things now then!" He assured Poem, he would do his best and that was after all all that could be asked of him, at least that's how he saw it.

Poem asked if he had been taken to the ocean, and where his mind already wandered to the thought of the large body of water, he'd snicker as if Poem had read his mind. "No, I can see it from my den though." It was something he couldn't really imagine, as a tiny man now too the ocean would seem even bigger than if he was an adult. It would always be too soon to tell, but Balthier would probably never grow out of his puppy-like adventuring attitude. Even if in his later years he was more relaxed and straight toned. He wanted to live the life of adventuring forever, even if it was just a dream for now.

Walk "Talk" Think

Poem

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

03-01-2021, 07:03 AM
They had a lot of work ahead of them if the pair were going to build any kind of seaworthy raft. Balthier would not be deterred however, his voice quickly spoke up. If he started gathering supplies now maybe by the time warmth returned they would be so much better prepared. ”Oh you should!” The boy was obviously bright, and he was eager to show off his skills. He must have had fun building with her because he was so excited about round two.

Balthier giggled knowingly and explained that the den had a great view of the ocean, but it didn’t seem like anyone had taken him there quite yet. He was rather young though, and the last thing Poem wanted was to cross any boundaries. ”Once the weather gets nicer maybe we can go scout a nice place to be our dock.” Poem suggested softly with a tilt of her head. ”Or perhaps get a little wet ourselves.” She chuckled with a warm grin, making a note to talk to the boy’s parents to get permission for all these fun activities.