size
Large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Double MasterBeevent
02-06-2021, 07:54 PM

Halla had spent the remnants of autumn getting settled into her new home and taking care of the patient she'd brought to Fireside's borders while she'd attempted to get accepted. There she'd met with a young man named Álarr and learned that her aunts were both in Fireside. Despite this news Halla did not immediately move to make contact. She did not yet know how to let them know of her mother's passing. It was not news she looked forward to sharing. Still, it had to be done. After all, that was one of the main reasons she had travelled all this way to Boreas. She had a duty to perform. Halla walked softly through the snow before she settled down at the center of the main den site. Once there she tipped back her head and howled for her aunts, a strange and mournful sound cutting through the cold, winter air.

"Talk"

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - LesbianBeeventVolcano
02-07-2021, 01:51 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2021, 01:51 PM by Ásvor.)
The call that cut through the crisp air caught Ásvor off guard. The call was an unfamiliar one, but had an odd air to it that she almost swore she recognized. Maybe old age was just playing tricks on her; that, unfortunately, wouldn't surprise her in the slightest. Rising from the horizontal position near one of the barns that littered the territory, she slowly stretched out her joints and got moving. It took her longer to make her way to Halla's call than it might a wolf quite younger than her. Whoever wanted to see her would just have to deal with her slowness and if they were bothered by it Ásvor would have a few words for them.

Making her way through the snow, once the stranger came into view Ásvor nearly froze. It was Naudir, and yet it wasn't, couldn't be. The likeness was uncanny and briefly stole the breath straight from her lungs, a rarity for the Finnvi, who was rarely caught by surprise by anything. Briefly she even found her thoughts drifting to fantastical notions before she grounded herself back in reality. Further approach told her this was no Naudir, though... the resemblance was unquestionable and she had a feeling she'd soon know who exactly this was. "Ásvor Finnvi," she introduced herself succinctly as she paused within earshot of the stranger. "What business do you have here?" Despite the air of familiarity she was still on edge, cautious of this stranger who had waltzed past the border and somewhat standoffish, fully willing to take care of this situation herself if the need arose.

Halla

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Double MasterBeevent
03-06-2021, 07:30 PM

Halla waited quietly, drinking in the quiet stillness of winter until one of her aunts arrived. The woman introduced herself as Ásvor. Halla immediately placed the woman amongst the stories her mother had told her. She hated to bring such sorrowful news as her first interaction with her aunt but it was information to important to withhold. "Greetings, Ásvor, I hope the gods have treated you well these past years. My name is Halla Finnvi, daughter of Naudir. I'm afraid I bring bitter news with me. Naudir has left the mortal realm and passed beyond to the gates of Valhalla. I have heard much of you from my mother and have travelled here to share the news of her passing with any remaining family." She tried to keep her voice as matter of fact as she could but still it shook here and there as she relayed the news to her aunt.

"Talk"

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

03-18-2021, 10:10 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2021, 11:05 AM by Ásvor. Edited 1 time in total.)
No one else came to join her as Naudir called, and part of her was grateful for this. She settled down on her haunches as Naudir began to speak. It was difficult to shake the feeling that she was looking her sister in the eye, despite the woman's obvious age, until she explained who she was. Halla Finnvi, daughter of Naudir and thus her very own niece. The introduction brought as much light as did her following words bring her sadness. Ásvor had always struggled with the fact that she hadn't seen many of her siblings in her older years and thought of them often, and fondly.

"I'm sorry to hear of her passing, and your loss," her own voice betrayed her genuine sadness at the news. "But I have no doubt is celebrating in Valhalla as we speak." She'd been thinking of death and the afterlife quite a bit lately and though news of Naudir's passing brought grief, she knew they could not dwell on it for too long. She had lived a good long life and Ásvor could only hope her final days had been beautiful; that was all she wanted for herself, at least. "As we too should celebrate. I'm glad to see you, Halla. You're welcome here. Come, rest from your journey," she encouraged her with a tilt of her head to the side. There were few things Ásvor cared to fight for now but her family would always be one of those things, and she had no doubt Halla would be welcome here in Fireside if she so chose, for however long.

Halla

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Double MasterBeevent
03-20-2021, 08:00 PM

Halla was grateful when the last of her words left her lips and she was able to take a steadying breath. Even though it had happened seasons past it never got easier. Still, there was a little bit of excitement in the meeting, in that she finally got to meet one of her aunts. In many ways she wished Naudir had taken her to visit sooner. But of course she knew things had been complicated in her homeland.

Ásvor spoke and Halla took comfort in her aunt's words. She nodded, steadying herself to speak again. "Yes, I believe you're right. She died in battle, defending her pack and contributing to their victory. " She walked toward Ásvor, accepting the invitation. "Thank you, aunt Ásvor. Have you been in Fireside long? Is there a particular way you wish to celebrate?"

"Talk"

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

03-23-2021, 12:38 PM
She was glad that in the absence of Naudir she got to meet Halla; at least on the surface she seemed to be a spitting image of her mother, something that was comforting following the news she'd brought her. "I hadn't seen my sister for many years," she admitted gently. She remembered the day like it'd been just a few moons ago, not many years. They'd spoken of how they were both feeling restless regarding their future and where it might lead them. They'd wanted to stick together, the two of them and Alfrún and Taufr and Ræsa. Unfortunately the latter two she hadn't seen since even before her last meeting with Halla, but she was grateful life had led her back to Alfrún - and now Halla. "But I'm glad to hear she went out valiantly. I would expect no less from my siblings," Ásvor responded, allowing herself a small smile through the sadness the news brought her.

But she knew death was not something to only mourn. It should be celebrated too. It'd be good to introduce Halla to Ulfr too and allow him a chance to learn more of her family and where she'd come from. "I've been with these wolves for quite awhile. I settled down to be with my wife, Valdis. We're raising a son together," she explained briefly. Settling here, following this group - it'd been Nienti and then Legion - had mostly been Valdis's decision but she had happily followed her, certain as she grew older that this was where she was meant to be. With Valdis and Ulfr, wherever life took them she cared not. "Let me bring you to meet them. Then we can discuss how you'd like to celebrate, if at all."

Halla

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Double MasterBeevent
04-02-2021, 02:17 PM

Halla had to admit that as tragic as the loss had been she was also proud of her mother's bravery and ferocity, even though she did not count herself among the warrior ranks. Naudir had been an explorer and intellectual but clearly Katja's training of her children had made its mark.

Halla's ears perked up at Ásvor as she mentioned a surprising living arrangement. The Finnvi woman apparently had a wife as well as a son. They were the first lesbian pair she'd come in contact with but she had little to say on the matter apart from her curiosity. They were raising a son together as any other couple might and it gladdened her heart to see the Finnvi name carried into these lands. She nodded. "Yes, I would like that very much."

-exit? Do you want to start a new thread or shall I?-

"Talk"