ardent

Sweet Little Sunset

Ada

gems
size
build
player
02-12-2021, 05:59 PM

White toed paws danced over the snowy landscape. Though the snow wasn't deep here, it was still certainly snow. Snow was cold, but Ada didn't mind. Cold made you tough. She was definitely tough. It was how she was brought up. Don't complain. Do what you need to do. Persevere. Get it done. Fight fight fight. All that good stuff. So what was a little cold? There were wolves out there going through much worse things than some chilly toes.

The monochromatic girl made her way across the land, searching for both the highest point and the widest. There was a reason for such a specific place and that reason was soon approaching. The winter sun was getting ready to go to bed for the night and the moon would soon take its place as ruler of the sky. Deeming her current location acceptable, the bob-tailed girl brushed a bit of the snow from one spot and seated her tiny frame within it. The show was about to begin!

Gradually, with all the speed of a snail, the sun began to sink. Ada had lined up the gully perfectly with the bright orbs descent. As it grew closer to earth, it brought such rich colors from the world around it. Brilliant shades of gold and orange eventually gave way to deep purples and robust umbers. Pinks and reds tinged the land, kissing every tree and rock delicately. There really was nothing like the light show that the sun put on.

Once the sun was nothing but a lingering auburn in the sky, Ada sighed and stood again, shaking the clinging snow from her short tail. The fading sun meant the cold of night was upon the world. She would have to find somewhere suitable to bed down for the night. Maybe in the hollow of a tree? Vibrant orange eyes scanned about. Well... there weren't many trees where she stood. Looked like she'd be walking.

"Speech"

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

Advanced Intellectual (76)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
02-12-2021, 06:16 PM

Hikaru’s pace was a slow trot as he wandered through the snow outside of packlands. He was looking for materials for future projects mostly, and also trying to keep his paws busy. Perhaps, and he was unwilling to admit, he was looking for something to use as a gift for Mortis. Not that he expected to find anything amazing, the gully was probably a lot like the Armada, there weren’t any plants, prey was scarce, and you had to get rid of the snow before you knew what was on the ground. Still, it was good for him to get out and stretch his limbs.

The end of the day was approaching and he was still quite a ways away from the Armada, he’d definitely still be walking by the time darkness fell but he would just hope Mortis had a long day too and didn’t beat him back to the den by too much. After a long day in the cold he looked forward to snuggling up for a comfy sleep.

The yearling koi was stopped for a moment on the ridge, he crested just as the sun was beginning to touch the horizon. The colors of the sky dimmed and changed and danced in the sky all for him. Or not. Movement caught his eye and he spied the girl. He didn’t know her but she was obviously appreciating the view as well. He moved towards her as darkness fell and the show would become mere memory.

”That was a brilliant sunset.” He said softly, far enough away to not be considered much of a threat but close enough he wasn’t yelling at her.

Ada

gems
size
build
player
02-13-2021, 11:41 AM

Ears perked as a voice sounded, commenting on the sunset. Ada turn and smiled at the spotted man. "It really was!" The girl's fluffy bobbed tail flicked back and forth in a happy little wag. "It's going to get cold now." A little girlish giggle was released and she gave a shrug and a head tilt. "Well, colder than it already is." The biting winter night was already nipping at her heels.

"I'm Ada, by the way." Again she smiled, orange eyes lifting at the corners. "Do you know of anywhere warm around here? I need to find somewhere to hole up for the night." Dark ears shifted as she looked eagerly towards the larger wolf.

"Speech"

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

02-14-2021, 04:50 PM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2021, 04:52 PM by Hikaru.)

Hikaru caught her attention and the girl turned to look back at him. She agreed with him brightly, turning to face him as she wiggled her little pixie like tail. She mentioned the cold and Hika nodded, he had a nice den and a warm body to curl up to once he made his way home. This girl was a loner, and ill prepared for her campsite for the night. Hika wasn’t a huge fan of the cold, but he was infinitely thankful for his thick pelt.

She went on, and Hikaru was glad to chat, she seemed at ease with their conversation and mentioned her name, and sought alittle help. Where was a good place to bed down? ”I’m Hikaru,” He told her with a grin and tilt of his head as he looked around, contemplating. ”Honestly, other than my pack I couldn’t begin to guess.” He offered unhelpfully. ”The Armada is that way, I can’t say for sure but my alpha might be convinced to help you get warm and on your feet.” He offered with a shrug, who knew what might happen but he’d needed help and had been allowed in.

Ada

gems
size
build
player
02-14-2021, 07:31 PM

"Mighty good to meet you, Hikaru!" The girl approached, her little tail still swishing back and forth happily. It was rare that Ada wasn't happy. Besides, keeping herself moving helped to keep the worst of the cold at bay. The girl gave her head a slightly tilt as he began to speak of a pack being the only place he knew of. It seemed that neither of them were from around here. The amiable lady laughed and shrugged. "I've never been to pack lands before. Never been in a pack. Never talked to a pack. Heard about 'em though!"

A chill breeze blew and a tremor ran through the girl. "Och, we'd better get on then, hadn't we?" If there was a chance of staying somewhere warm for the night and possibly even having a fresh meal, she'd take it. Pack or no pack. For a moment she wondered what she might have to do in return, but at the moment it didn't really matter. Ada didn't think about the future too often. The present was the most important thing. "So tell me about your pack, Hikaru. What are they like?" Orange eyes flashed with interest as she took her place beside him.

"Speech"

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

02-15-2021, 10:22 AM

”And you as well, Ada.” Ever polite and proper Hikaru returned her compliment as she wagged her puff of a tail happily and went on mention her lack of pack experience. Hikaru knew there were smaller clans, bands, and loners that never stepped foot on claimed territory but it still felt odd. Wolves were social creatures, being alone wasn’t the norm. Then again every individual was different, everyone preferred different lifestyles. ”I enjoy pack life, it’s good to feel like I’m part of a team. Of something bigger than myself.” He muttered softly in answer as he took a couple of steps towards the Armada.

At the same time Ada encouraged him along after a cold gust blew through them. Hika chuckled, ”Good idea, I can talk and walk at the same time!” The boy took the lead and hummed as she question his understanding of the pack. ”Well it’s sort of a school of war, though other skills are also taught and encouraged.” He added in as his pale white paws kicked snow and left prints behind him. ”There is a deep respect for law, strength, and unity.”

Ada

gems
size
build
player
03-02-2021, 11:42 PM
Ada listened as the spotted wolf explained the ins and outs of pack life. He listed the benefits and the reasons that he liked it. It all made sense to the bob tailed wolf. Why had she never thought of it before? There would be warmth. There would be food. They're would be other wolves to spend time with. Hey, maybe they'd even like to hunt with her.

After a while of walking, the scent of many wolves met the girls nose. Excitement thrummed through her and her little puffy tail began to flick back and forth. "Is this it then?" Never one to wait, Ada took the initiative, raising her nose and releasing a howl to call for whoever wanted to answer. When she was done, she tucked her ears for a minute, looking to Hikaru. "Sorry, you probably should have done that. I'm just so excited!" She gave a little bounce and her tail continued to wag

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
03-03-2021, 12:08 AM
The call of a stranger rang from the borders. It was good to see bustling activity picking up in the Armada. It had started to feel stagnant and repetitive of late. He wondered what change a call might bring him, and brought himself to his paws. Shaking water droplets off his paws, he gave up on fishing, and trotted towards the borders.

His eyes found Hika first. The white wolf reminded him a little of Hana, through he was not as forward with him as his wraith. He nodded to the boy, before his eyes shifted over to the stranger. Her intense sunshine-gaze looked bright and her tail wiggled behind her. She was young, and he found his mouth twitching with a smile. “Hello there, and welcome to the Armada. How can I help you?”

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

03-03-2021, 06:04 AM

Hikaru explained and the pair of them were swift to begin moving towards the Armada. The young koi never thought himself one to bring home strays but Ada was ecstatic. A playful grin danced over his own features as he thought about when Mort had brought him home. He’d been uncertain at first but Mortis swiftly put him at ease and created a place that Hika had come to love. However much he doubted that it was the Armada that made it feel like home or Mortis himself.

Ada raced ahead as the border approached and unexpectedly her voice called out over the land. Hikaru laughed amusedly. ”I think you’ve got it covered. No need for my help at all.” He grinned, but his attention was swiftly shifted to Sirius as he appeared from the shrouded lands. Hika really wasn’t needed, but he offered a quick nod to Sirius in returned before the alpha’s attention shifted to Ada.

Ada

gems
size
build
player
03-03-2021, 06:47 AM

Hikaru didn't seem upset that she'd called instead of him. Her bashfulness faded quickly once she realized that he didn't mind. Instead she grinned at him, eyes shutting from the sheer amount of smile on the girl's face. In time, they were joined by another and the small lady couldn't help her dropping jaw. The man was a giant! She'd never seen a giant before, but her nan had told her stories about them. Her whole family was relatively small. She was one of the biggest and lookie here. This one was much, much bigger than her! Even Hikaru was bigger than her. She'd thought him huge, but now... Now she was just super tiny.

The toothy giant seemed friendly enough and Ada moved forward, sniffing the mans nose to get his scent, though she had to streeeeetch to even get close. Once she learned him, the tiny, plucky lady gave a nod of her head, small puff tail swishing furiously behind her. "Hello there. I'm Ada. Hikaru found me out there in the snow. He said that I might be welcome here for the night so I don't freeze?" It was a question that she posed mixed in with her explanation. Her head tilted slightly as she asked. "He was telling me all about packs. I've never met a pack before. Never known one, really. Sounds like interesting stuff." Sometimes her mouth kept going after her brain stopped, so she made a point to close her mouth and look up at the man, giving him the same crinkle-eyed smile that she'd given to Hikaru many times already.

"Speech"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
03-12-2021, 03:15 PM
Hikaru was not a terribly tall wolf, but even he towered over the wolf beside him. Perhaps he was miscalculating her age based on her height and disposition, but she seemed terribly young. It was hard not to think of his own kids when he looked at though, though most of them would dwarf her by now.

Fearlessly, the little wolf approached, and he lowered his head to accommodate her sniffing. He took in a big whiff himself, her nose fur swirling in the breeze he created. ” Hello Ada, i’m Sirius Fatalis” he said, and something in him was already thawing at her crinkly-eyed smile. That something in him that said ‘mine’ rather fiercely on certain wolves.

“You could stay for a day, but I have another proposition. How about joining us? You could have a home in the Armada, and training.” He suggested, through his inner voice was far less gentle. Mine.

"Speech!"

TABLE & CODE © SKELLE 2020

Ada

gems
size
build
player
03-12-2021, 03:49 PM

The giant of a man gave his name and Ada's little puff tail perked as she stood tall in front of the behemoth. She'd never been one to cower. "Good to meet you, Sirius. Very good indeed." Had she ever seen a wolf so big? Probably not. Was she afraid of his bigness? Nope, not really. The tiny fae was confident and didn't know much fear at all. She was still very young too. Plenty of time to learn fear.

Hikaru stayed back, letting the pair talk, though she shot a glance at him to make sure that he was okay with the situation that was slowly shifting directions. She looked at him in a 'can you believe this' sort of way, her eyes widening momentarily before she brought her orange gaze back to the saber toothed man. "You'd really want me in your pack?" It was a shock to the young woman, mostly because it was something that she'd never considered. She gave her head a slight tilt as she mulled over the idea of joining a pack. There were so many things to think about. Eventually she gave way to those thoughts and started speaking them aloud.

"I don't really know anything about packs, so I don't know what's expected of me. I'm not lazy by any means, so I suppose I could be of help to you?" She tilted her head again with the last little question. It seemed to be a quirk of hers; head tilting as she questioned. "I don't have any major skills aside from staying alive." She laughed at her own joke, sunset eyes closing in mirth as she did so. In the end the girl gave a little shrug. "If you think I can do it though, I'll try not to let you down."

"Speech"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

03-13-2021, 09:00 PM
He could tell she was standing at her full height, and the sight of it had him biting his tongue. It was hard not to laugh, and it was obvious she was fearless. “As it is to meet you, Little Miss.” He wondered if family might come knocking on the door for her, but it didn’t seem as though it would be so. Not if she was at risk of freezing alone in the cold.

“Of course, spunk is the backbone of the pack, and it looks like you have it in spades” he teased the young wolf. She seemed open to the idea, so after asking her questions, he decided to fill her in a little. “A pack is like a team, working together for the benefit of the whole. As a wolf of Armada, you would get training in your chosen field and in fighting.” He explained to her. She was young yet, and malleable. Open to the idea of new things. Armada needed fresh life and talent - she would be perfect.

"Speech!"

TABLE & CODE © SKELLE 2020

Ada

gems
size
build
player
03-16-2021, 01:36 AM

Hearing a bit about how Sirius saw his pack was enlightening. He wanted them all to work as a team and he didn't mind her spunk. Yeah, she'd caught that bit. It actually made her little puff tail wag even harder. She was at risk of lifting off of the ground with how fast it was moving. Again she looked to Hikaru, smiling. Without him, she wouldn't have found this place.

Sirius mentioned that there would be training and that she would learn to fight as well. Giving her head a little tilt, Ada thought about it for a moment. "I'm okay with hunting. Haven't died yet." A little snicker left her. She had kept herself alive for quite a while. Her family unit had drifted apart and she was on her own. Without knowing how to hunt, you died. Her mother had taught her and her siblings the basics of hunting before they all went their separate ways. She rather liked hunting. Fighting though? "Not sure I'll be a very good fighter, but I'm willing to learn whatever you want to teach me." She may not be the best student, but she would try.

"Speech"