size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Dream WeaverUnderachieverSmall FriesSocialiteDerby WinnerBy A Whisker
StudentSamhain 2022HomebodyTeacherSnake EyesRapid Poster - Rainbow
Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - Pansexual1KBeeventDouble Master
02-15-2021, 05:13 PM
Come down, come down sweet reverence

Well, she'd made it all the way to the north. She'd seen the northern ocean and a bizarre little ice bridge and now it was time to explore the rest of the north. Jynn figured she'd start at the top and start working her way down. She shivered as she walked, coming to a large frozen field.

A vast expanse of jagged, icy gray peaks stretched out before her and she sighed. Oh this was going to be fun. Her paws were already freezing and to make matters worse it was starting to snow. The sky above was cloaked in bands of varying gray and large flakes of snow started to float down to her. Jynn adjusted the mountain goat pelt she was wearing, clutching it closer to her frame. A little snow wasn't going to stop her!

Aku

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze Participant
02-15-2021, 06:34 PM
A patter of something on his ears caused Aku to glance up at the sky. It was snowing again; an observation that was not at all surprising considering his location. His pale gaze dropped to the path ahead and he took off at a jog. Unless it picked up he wasn't concerned with the snow, but it would be something he'd keep an eye on just in case. His options for shelter in these parts were slim. Accustomed as he was to cold forests and shoreline, the bleak expanse of snow and ice was an adjustment. He would make due where necessary, but unless he caught sight of his bride these lands were ones he would not be lingering in.

A spot of color ahead pulled Aku up short. His head tipped to the side as he considered the odd shape. The creature was small and leggy, and bore close resemblance to a fox. The exaggerated, unmistakably canine features sent the gears in his head turning. Was this some sort of spirit? He hesitated for only a moment and then started towards the figure. He was taking a chance; the supernatural didn't reveal themselves for no reason, but he liked to think himself capable of escaping a bewitching and was willing to stake his safety on it. Perhaps there was something to be gained here. "Good day! I am a traveler seeking passage through these parts. Do you know them?"

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (300)

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
02-15-2021, 08:01 PM

Jynn carefully navigated her path, following one that seemed to have been taken by creature's before her and she hoped they'd chosen wisely. The way was slick, and as she turned she suddenly slipped. Scowling, she carefully eased herself back onto her feet. Ok, this was going to be a bit trickier than she'd thought. If only there were something she could attach to her feet for this kind of terrain to give her better grip.

While she pondered the potential of foot wear a stranger approached. He seemed a friendly if formal fellow and she smiled in greeting. "Hey there, I'm Jynn. I'm afraid it's my first time here in this land. I'm exploring the north, trying to get a feel for the land here. I'd appreciate the company if you'd like to join me."

Aku

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze Participant
02-15-2021, 08:23 PM
Up close he could see his first assessment had been wrong. The creature was nearly his height and while he'd spied the resemblance to a fox at a distance her features put his first assumption to shame. Aku had never seen anything like her and he wondered whether or not this was a type of face he would grow accustomed to seeing in this land. She looked a bit too...normal was the wrong word, and mundane didn't do her justice, but he wasn't sure how to describe her. She didn't give off the sort of energy he would expect from a spirit. She appeared too...much like him. That was the only way he could justify walking away from the possibility of her being a spirit.

Aku glanced ahead to get a feel for the terrain, noting with resignation that the journey ahead would be quite hard on his feet - and perhaps the rest of him if he had the misfortune of a tumble. So far Boreas was a bit of a challenge. Where were the forests, the rivers? So far he had seen nothing but rock and ice and if that was all there was here it was a bitter land.

He was disappointed to hear she was new to the land as well. There went his chances of a guide. But the promise of a travel companion heartened him. It had been awhile since he'd shared the road with someone. "I would be happy for the company," he said as he started forward again, his eyes darting from the rough terrain ahead to the strange woman as he spoke. "I suppose I am exploring as well as I intend to search every land from shore to shore. Ah, and since we are to be traveling together for a bit I suppose I should introduce myself. I am Aku."

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (300)

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

02-15-2021, 08:31 PM

Jynn grinned at meeting a like minded soul who also sought to explore the land from top to bottom. "That sounds fantastic! It's nice to meet you Aku. Are you from these lands originally or very far away?" She expected that some natives might wish to explore the land they'd been born into but having come from outside lands she knew she was far from the only traveller. Jynn continued up the path which climbed higher and higher until finally starting to level out. It was beautiful. Below she could see more of the icy ground stretching out. Hmmm… which way now? She turned to Aku.

"Which way, do you think?" To the west it looked like there might be a frozen lake at the lower elevation. She couldn't quite tell what lay in the path to the east. It looked like another chunk of snowy land, maybe with a few trees.

Aku

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze Participant
02-15-2021, 08:53 PM
The woman seemed friendly enough and if she was at all surprised by his features she hid it well, which gave him hope that there were others of his kind here. "From far away," he said as he carefully stepped over a menacing, jagged stone that looked handcrafted to twist an ankle. "Quite far, actually. It has taken me a long time to get here. How about yourself?" He continued to pick and weave carefully across the uneven ground, his gaze darting from it to Jynn as they conversed. When she paused to look ahead he paused as well. It was easy to see what was on her mind and he guessed what she was going to say before she said. Nonetheless he waited for her to voice the question.

After a moment's thought Aku nodded in the direction he thought best. "The lake." Testing the waters with a bit of humor, he added, "It looks a bit more forgiving on the feet." And there would possibly be a change for a drink, which he needed. Aku knew better than to eat the snow and he hadn't the time or the equipment to melt it first so he would take his drinks where he could get them.

-exit to kennocha?-