gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Kristen

The Ooze Participant
02-20-2021, 11:14 AM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2021, 09:48 PM by Kiyo.)

Next on her agenda for the day was Venom’s sister, Toxicity and her pups. Kiyo had yet to meet the spiritual leader of Ashen, but from her future daughter-in-law’s warning, she knew to be wary of skepticism and a sharp tongue. That was perfectly fine in Kiyo’s eyes, she encouraged questions unlike back in Iga where they were allowed none. Even if it were a bit confrontational, she welcomes the change with open arms.

Med pack on her back and Aki scampering along beside her, she made her way toward the Shrine where she’d been told Toxicity mostly kept. Upon her arrival, she called for the woman in question then stood back, waiting and hoping for an answer to her summons.

Toxicity

Loner

Expert Intellectual (150)

Master Fighter (280)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Iko

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Pride - AsexualValentines 2020VolcanoDream Weaver
Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
02-23-2021, 06:49 PM

Toxicity wasn't all that used to being called out of her shrine and ESPECIALLY not by strangers. She had the mind to ignore it, but Obi chided her and pushed her out the door no matter how reluctant she was. The pups were ordered to stay in the lower part of the den room so that they would be well protected.

It wasn't like Toxicity wasn't already well-groomed, her fur waxed and her tattoos lined with red ochre since she had completed her daily prayers. Similarly, a sweet oil had been dabbed onto each ear after the morning prayer, leaving her scent more of incense and floral oils than of the pack. She had the most sour expression until Obi flicked her shoulder. She shot him an angry look, but adjusted her attitude at least in expression.

When she found the woman, she gave her a long study with sharp and scrutinizing eyes. She wasn't familiar in the slightest and Toxicity was not at all impressed with her calling for Toxicity specifically without some sort of warning or explanation. "State your name and purpose," she demanded simply, only a cold edge in her voice as if trying to ward off the woman with her demeanor alone.

""

Obi Mon Kinobi

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player
Iko

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
02-23-2021, 06:55 PM
Obi wondered if Toxiciy would ever shed her stony and prickly exterior. He only hoped her pups would be able to become more accustomed to others presence than she had growing up. At this point he wondered if it was a product of her upbringing or simply stubbornness. It could be either... or even both. While he too was surprised to hear an unfamiliar call, he wasn't one to shun new company. He and Toxicity made their way to the caller and he regarded her neutrally- but still entirely warmer than Toxicity. Compared to his wolfen counterpart, he might as well be a bonfire.

Kiyo

Loner

Advanced Intellectual (115)

Expert Healer (190)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Kristen

The Ooze Participant
02-25-2021, 10:01 PM

Boy, she could have sworn the temperature had gone down a few degrees by the cold response she was given by who she suspected was Toxicity. Venom hadn’t been exaggerating, it seemed. The dark woman was quite different from the other priests and priestesses she’d encountered in her time, who had tempered themselves into beings of grace and humility. They seemed to radiate divine warmth, while the wolf in front of her was as frosty as the air around them. But, she could smell the telltale signs of a worshipper on her with the markings on her fur and the scent wafting through the air.

She was surprised by the monkey at her side, roughly the same size as Aki, but instead of the pale pelt and red face of her Japanese Macaque, he sported a dark pelt and orange eyes. His demeanor, however, was much warmer.

Kiyo gave a bow, as did Aki at her side, before rising for an introduction. “I apologize if I interrupted your worship. My name is Kiyo and I am the new Apothaker of Ashen. I was recently taken in by the Shogun and Empress, hence we have not met yet. I was hoping you would allow me to conduct a check-up on you, your companion and your children. If now is inconvenient I can certainly come back at a later time, I know that Priestesses have a busy schedule to keep.”

Toxicity

Loner

Expert Intellectual (150)

Master Fighter (280)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Iko

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Pride - AsexualValentines 2020VolcanoDream Weaver
Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
03-02-2021, 02:31 PM
Tox listened, unimpressed as the woman introduced herself. So she was new, but she was already an apothaker... Toxicity grimaced. Of course the only time anyone came to the shrine was to bother her, not to worship. She only barely managed to resist rolling her eyes when the woman commented that she had a busy schedule. Busy only by design, not that she had anyone to advise or worship with besides her pups.

"Obi has always been my medicine man. He saw me through birth. What more can you offer that makes you fit to be Apothaker not even a season into Ashen?" She made no moves aggressive nor frienly. Obi, on the other hand, grimaced when she mentioned doing a checkup, but otherwise remained neutral. He did wonder, however, if Venom was doubting his quality of care or if she did not trust him to report to her. As far as Toxicity was concerned, this was an invasion of privacy and an attempt again by Venom to have others delve into Toxicity's life without stepping her own paws into the shrine.

OOC: You can skip Obi for this round!