Large
build
Medium
player
Mikko
02-21-2021, 03:42 PM
high in the halls of the kings who are gone
the priestess would dance with her ghosts

There was something about the willows that brought her comfort. It wasn't quite the forest she'd once called home--the brush through these parts was far, far different--but it provided the same shade, the same serenity that any forest did, and at this moment, that was really what Karine needed: a sense of security and familiarity when she hadn't had any in quite some time.

And, of course, a place to forage. Winter was still going strong, which meant she was bound to find little, but that didn't at all discourage Karine. She'd made do during harsher times of year. All she needed to do was throw away any expectations of what she would find; after all, one couldn't be too picky while pickings were slim.

Still, overall, she moved with purpose, padding carefully over dead grass and frozen and sodden ground, her eyes trained on every sprout and sprig that stuck out from the snow.

"

the ones she had lost and the ones she had found
and the ones who had loved her the most

table by Lowin art/character concept by Electra song by G.R.R.M.
[Image: Mikko-Icon.png][Image: praxisicon.png][Image: sundaraicon.png][Image: NephIcon.png][Image: Karine-Icon.png]
Plot with me!

Karine has scarring on her left face and shoulder. Not all her art depicts this.

Kepheus

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Arisha
02-21-2021, 03:55 PM

Kepheus was new to these lands, and part of him was eager for the exploration that lay ahead of him. His travels had been long and he could feel the strain it took upon his body, but the darkened male was never once to voice a complaint. Not when it came to such mundane things such as that. Instead he took each step with a mind of new opportunity; these lands were unbeknownst to him which meant there could be a handful of surprises waiting, and he was excited to discover them.

Willows surely were a new sight to his green eyes and Kepheus found himself staring forward at the large thing, captivated for a good moment or two just by the structure it had. Shaking his head, he looked down to the ground and proceeded to observe the land around him, wondering if he'd find any herbs. His stash was empty and he was in dire need of some- just as well as somewhere or something to store them all.

It wasn't until a noise near caught his attention, pulling his eyes away as he saw a female off afar. Curious, and also always welcoming of company, Kepheus took a few steps closer and noticed that she, too, seemed to be looking for something. "Pardon me," He spoke, bringing his presence to light as he remained a respectful distance away, never one to push boundaries.

Karine

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Mikko
02-21-2021, 04:15 PM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2021, 04:15 PM by Karine.)

Though she always dove deep into her passion when she practiced it, Karine allowed little to slip past her, especially the presence of company. A strange, albeit harmless-sounding voice, graced sensitive velvet ears, bringing her to a seamless pause and her gaze upward to meet that of a male some ways away. His dark colors and bright green eyes were nearly enough to get a rise out of her, but she managed neither to flinch nor bristle. Instead, she needed only a moment more to feel assured that he shared no connections with her brother. He shared little semblance with Aleksandr beyond those two traits, and already she could sense a vastly different demeanor about him.

Karine processed all this in the time it took for her to lift her head and present to him her half-scarred face, offering him a subtle smile and a shallow dip of her skull. "Good afternoon," she replied, not uninvitingly, though there was a slight question to it as she wondered what he might need, if anything.

"

[Image: Mikko-Icon.png][Image: praxisicon.png][Image: sundaraicon.png][Image: NephIcon.png][Image: Karine-Icon.png]
Plot with me!

Karine has scarring on her left face and shoulder. Not all her art depicts this.

Kepheus

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Arisha
02-21-2021, 05:54 PM

It didn't take the woman long to notice him, and with a rise of her head did he find himself looking into a set of purple eyes, and a scarred face. He made sure his face showed no expression but he felt a sense of sympathy; he hated when others had to be involved in violence.

"My name is Kepheus, I couldn't help but to notice it looked as if you were searching for something?" He both introduced and asked, his words polite and his manners showing clearly; he stayed rooted to his spot as to make a point he wasn't going to interfere on her space. He only thought that maybe, if on the slim chance they were both after the same thing, then they could work together? After all, it'd been awhile since he even had anyone to talk to- merely having company was enough to put a smile on his face.

Karine

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Mikko
02-21-2021, 06:07 PM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2021, 06:07 PM by Karine.)

He was quick to introduce himself--and with impeccable manners, something that Karine was finding to be common around these lands. Not that she was at all complaining. His name was Kepheus, he said, and he'd noticed she was on some sort of search. After taking a few seconds to ponder and commit his name to memory--it was strong, hardy, and if she had to admit it, unexpected coming from someone of such a mild temperament--Karine received his introduction with perked ears and a soft, brief wag of her tail.

"Karine. It's a pleasure, Kepheus." The femme left out her surname for now, not wanting the feelings that came with it to interfere with this fresh encounter. "And as a matter of fact, I am. Do you happen to dabble in herbs?" Somewhere lacing that question was an invitation for him to join her if he was of the healing sort.

"

Plot with me!

Kepheus

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Arisha
02-21-2021, 06:23 PM

"Likewise, Miss Karine." The words came in response to her introduction, clearly happy that someone was engaging in a conversation with him, and it was someone of kind nature- at least as far as he could tell.

Ears perked as she mentioned herbs and a wide smile broke out across his face, green eyes seeming to light up. "I was raised learning them!" He replied, a steady wag of his tail coming to show, beyond thrilled to learn that she was practicing the arts of herbs too. "Have you had any luck finding any here? I've just come to these lands- and my stash is a sad lot of nothing." He commented, not happy at the fact he didn't have much to show behind his words of being a healer.

Karine

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Mikko
02-21-2021, 06:35 PM

Needless to say, Karine was pleased by the other's enthusiasm in response to her question. It seemed healers were plentiful around here. She'd known her fair share back home, but for the most part, they'd all been outsiders, only joining or so much as aiding her once they had nothing to risk by visiting her kingdom's border. Otherwise, her work had been almost entirely her own, her patients her responsibility and that of no other. Even foraging with others, lately, was quite the treat.

She managed a chuckle as he spoke, turning to close the distance between them now that he was proving himself to be safe company to keep. However, as he inquired about her successes thus far, the priestess could only shake her head and shrug. "Unfortunately, I'm in much the same predicament," she admitted. "To think that I left behind a den's worth....It's humbling, having to rebuild my supply from nothing." It was...harder than she remembered. How long would it be before she had a new den, with a new herb wall? "Would you care to join me? Surely four eyes will prove more fruitful than two."

"

Plot with me!

Kepheus

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Arisha
02-27-2021, 11:36 AM

Hearing that Kepheus wasn't alone, so to say, gave him a sort of comfort. "Completely so," He agreed- mind trailing back to the herbs left behind, the grotto he had, the helpers and his patients... but such good things always came to an end. He had learned that that hard way. Although he knew he'd always miss what he once had.

"I'd love that, what kind of herbs have you been looking for? I'm just trying to get the basics at least." He responded, eyes trailing back to the land. "Things like Chamomile, Aloe, Clove, Lavender, etc." After all, in a land like this- or any of the surrounding lands - surely they'd get lucky. Maybe they could even split their findings at the end, that's if they didn't stick together a bit longer afterwards. But Kepheus didn't want to get too hopeful on the idea.

Karine

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Mikko
02-27-2021, 11:54 AM

It seemed Karine would have company, then. He perked at her invitation, and she in turn brightened at his enthusiasm. Kepheus was quick to spout off a list of potential herbs, all of which she decided might make up a good foundation for a fresh herb stash; she nodded once, dipping her head as an amused chuckle escaped her lips to create a cloud of mist about her maw. "Perhaps all of the above. Fine tools, they are." A flick of an ear, and she paused for a moment, allowing her eyes to trail about in search of other ideas. "This might also be a prime location for lamb's ear and...white willow bark?" A tall order they were making, surely, but both seemed far too accustomed to more ample supplies to want to be anything but ambitious.

"

Plot with me!

Kepheus

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Arisha
02-27-2021, 12:18 PM

Having company was beyond nice in Kepheus' eyes. It'd been so long since he'd been around another, being a loner hadn't been his most favorite thing, but even if it was just for a bit, he knew he'd enjoy the time spent with Karine.

"Ahh, White Willow Bark has to be around here somewhere." He spoke in high agreement, keeping the names of all the herbs in his mind before he began to walk forward some. Green eyes moved to the surrounding area, looking at the plants around them. "Ohh- Come, come over here." He tried to grab at her attention, leading her in the direction he thought to see some.

Karine

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Mikko
02-27-2021, 12:35 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2021, 12:36 PM by Karine.)

If nothing else, they were best off starting with the most obvious items on their list, among those being white willow bark. A successful find would surely prove encouraging, and encouragement was something that at least Karine needed now that she was building her profession up from the bottom again. How she'd transport her eventual (hopeful) bounty she didn't yet know, but there was something about finding and gathering some supplies first that seemed more satisfying than beginning with a an empty sack.

Fortunately, her mindset proved to be a step in the right direction. Kepheus was quick to spot a promising specimen off in the distance and beckoned for her to follow him, which she did all too eagerly. She hadn't been able to share so much in her work with those from back home...or those with whom she could had been taken from her. This was a refreshing change of pace, spending time with more wolves who understood her passion and felt the same way.

"I do believe you've found some," she said upon approaching the tree, her tail beginning to sway as it did whenever she found something she got to work with. Now it was a question of how to harvest it and how much to take without dooming its source.

"

Plot with me!