size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
03-11-2021, 05:45 PM
She stood at the foot of the bridge, blue eyes trained on the length of the structure. It seemed practically endless, though she wondered if anything lied beyond. On the way here she had seen some rather...large beasts, though she hadn't gotten close enough to them to find out if they had come from across the waters, or if they were already native to the lands like so many others. It seemed that since her time away from Boreas, there were many more...oddities about. Lots of wolves were larger than herself. Many more with a uniqueness about them...She hadn't seen much of that before she left. And it wasn't until she met the Spartans that her world had really opened up. But then she remembered that before that, she had sheltered herself and didn't really go out into the world. She always hid behind her mother's legs, so to speak.

But now she was on her own. Standing at the edge of the bridge with the wind whipping around her, nose stinging from the cold as she debated going out there to see where the end led. Though she was unsure about taking the trek alone...perhaps it would be a better idea to find someone to come with her. Though the only ones off the top of her head she could think of were her siblings, but asides from the younger ones, she didn't know where her littermates or older siblings might be these days.

"Speech!"

TABLE & CODE © SKELLE 2020

Art||Plotter

Arrow is allowed to crash her threads, regardless of the tag

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Festival OrganizerMammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWinnerPride - AsexualBeevent
Double MasterVolcanoExplorer1KChristmas 2019Trick 2019
Promptober 2019
04-11-2021, 11:24 AM

When Álarr traveled it was typically for the purpose of gathering herbs and items for his healing projects. However, this trip was special. The strange cold that had swept down from the north along with all manner of unusual wild life had peeked the healer's curiosity. He knew the strange beasts had not simply popped up out of the ground. They came from somewhere, and as he moved as far north as he dared it soon became obvious how they had gotten to Boreas.

Álarr stared out at the expanse of ice that stretched out into the mist. It was a bridge of ice over the ocean and the freezing wind that bore down from the far north stung his face and ears. He moved cautiously down to the waters edge, eyeing the bridge. Despite the bitter cold he found himself doubting its stability. As he neared he saw a woman was standing at the edge of the bridge. He cleared his throat. "Are you looking to cross?"

Okami

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
04-11-2021, 03:50 PM
The bridge was calling out to her. Beckoning her to try and cross it. The creatures that were roaming the lands as of late must have come from the other side, and she was curious to know what lied beyond. The only thing stopping her was the fact that the bridge looked like it went on forever, bleeding into the horizon. She could see no land on the other side, but surely there must be something, right? As she stood there and considered making the trek on her own, she heard an unfamiliar voice and she turned to find a younger male with horns on his crown. Interesting. She had been seeing a lot of wolves around with mutations around. Even her elder brother Dragon had sprouted a pair of horns that he didn't have before.

"I am considering it. This never used to be here before...though I haven't been around for some years, so I'm not sure when it appeared." She turned her gaze back to the bridge, the wind whipping at her fur and causing her to shiver a bit. It was unusually cold, even for the North this time of year. Lucky for her, she was blessed with the thick fur of her lineage. "Do you think here is an end to it? The beasts must be coming from the other side, I've not seen them anywhere else."

"Speech!"

TABLE & CODE © SKELLE 2020

Art||Plotter

Arrow is allowed to crash her threads, regardless of the tag

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Promptober 2019
04-17-2021, 10:56 AM

Apparently the woman had been from Boreas originally. Álarr nodded. "That was my thinking as well. The creatures surely have come from whatever land lays north of here. It must've sprouted up this winter." Álarr steadied himself as he set a paw down on the ice. It was cold, made all the more bitter by the wind that was whipping up around them. His ears flicked back. He took a few steps out onto the ice. "My name is Álarr Imperialis. I do wonder if this bridge will last through the summer. If we do get a warm spell and the bridge melts…" His voice trailed off but it didn't take much to figure out that if the bridge were to melt the creatures would likely be stuck in Boreas. He wasn't sure what that would mean. Would it mean they would become part of the fauna? Would the eventual heat kill them off? Or was this cold snap less of a spell and more the beginning of an entire age?

Úlfr

Hemlock
Stalker

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (280)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Snake EyesThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Double MasterIce Bridge ExplorerMammoth Hunter
Pride - Gay1K
06-18-2021, 06:41 PM

Úlfr stalked northward after Álarr. His mother Valdís had sent him on a mission to find the healer so she could discuss something important with her. He didn't know what it was and while he was curious he supposed he didn't really need to know. He was more than happy to go on this mission for one of his mothers as well as to just get out. He was happiest with a good dose of wandering now and then. It took awhile for Úlfr to pick up the scent and then track it but once he did he found himself at a strange ice bridge. Up ahead he spied Álarr and a strange woman he didn't recognize. "Álarr, hey, Valdís wants to talk with you. Something urgent."

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
06-18-2021, 06:43 PM

Álarr took a few more steps and was about to speak again when Úlfr suddenly appeared. He gazed at the boy for a moment then nodded before turning to the woman he'd just met. "My apologies, I wish you well on your exploration but this is as far as I go." He turned back and headed after the boy. He was grateful in someways. The longer he stood on the bridge the more the freezing wind cut through him. Already he could tell his ears were starting to get frostbitten and where his horns connected to his head he could feel the chill amplifying. Álarr breathed a sigh of relief as he stepped off the bridge and started pushing southward through the snow.

-exit-