gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
bones
03-13-2021, 09:00 AM
In the distance, he saw a cave that looked like a good shelter for the night. He was walking at a brisk pace, trying to get to shelter before it got too late. His throat burned for water, though, and he was eyeing some puddles curiously. He stopped at one of the least disgusting-looking ones. He sniffed the rainwater curiously. It didn't smell… that bad? He took one small lick and immediately retched. Ugh, that's disgusting! Why do I always try it?

With the taste of dirt in his mouth, he arrived at the dark cave. Green eyes adjusted slowly to the lack of light and he passed the threshold with no fear. It was unbelievably dark, but he thought he could see something, so one foot after another, he traveled further and further into the cave. He turned the corner and was blown away by what he saw.

Walls and walls of glowing mushrooms! It was otherworldly. He couldn't have dreamed of a more breathtaking view. He took a few hesitant steps, following the wall for security. "Anyone in here?" He called out, just in case. The only reply was the echo of his own voice. He couldn't help but smile.

An occasional humid drip echoed in the walls, contrasting with the constant otherworldly hum of the glowing fungus surrounding him. It was like they were alive! Well, of course they're alive, but sentient, he thought. The sour, loamy smell of lichen and deep earth wasn't enough to distract the boy from his sight. "So beautiful," he said in hushed tones as if speaking might cause them all to stop glowing. He didn't smell many wolf scents - just a few faded trails. "And just for me, apparently." He remarked.

Seraphina

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Glacier

The Ooze Participant
03-13-2021, 01:38 PM
She felt like she had been traveling all her life her paws felt worn, but by now the blood had turned to scabs, and the scabs slowly were becoming calluses. She just wished the process woukd hurry up, she was sick of every step hurting. She was bone weary by the time she saw the cave, and couldn't quell the impulse to head towards it. Just a few hours of catching up on her z's. Just a short nap. It couldn't hurt, right? Those that chased must surely be far, far from her trail by now. She had barely paused to sleep for days, hadn't stopped to eat. She made herself relentless, pretended she was fearless. She had to be, if she was to survive. She thought of the heroines of the stories she had read since she was just a wee babe. They would have invaded their captors and found companions by now. Wolves to tell her compelling tale to, and daring escapes. She would have been surrounded by companionship if she could only be a character from a tale.

Instead she was alone, and cold. Her paws had gone numb, and she didn't know if it was from the cold or feeling had just ceased to exist in her weary paws. Just a few hours, she could allow herself that.

She slunk wearily towards the cave entrance, her nose stuffed up from breathing in chill winds for hours. She couldnt scent anything a foot in front of her face, and mistakenly believed she was alone. She entered the cave at the same moment a voice spoke out she startled like a cat, fur puffing up and jumping to the tips of her toes. She froze in that awkward position as the wolf continued to speak. Saying how they were alone. This wolf wasn't here for her, this was a coincidence, no?

"H-hello?" She cleared her throat, and tried to put some iron in her voice "good day to you!" Or was that rude? Dear God, how did someone greet another wolf?

Hudson

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
bones
03-14-2021, 11:31 AM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2021, 06:22 PM by Hudson.)
The sudden sound of a (cute!!) voice startled the man as much as he wouldn't like to admit it; auburn-tipped fur on the back of his neck stood up on end. Out of reflex, he laughed at the silliness of his reaction. "Hello to you, too!" He said, looking at the impressive specimen before his eyes. The rich blue glow made the girl before him look almost like a spirit. She was otherworldly, iridescent; he couldn't help but stare. Beautiful things were meant to be enjoyed, no?

"Is this your place? I hope I'm not intruding. I couldn't help myself - it's so breathtaking, so fantastic. I've never seen anything like it," He said, tail wiggling behind him with excitement. He wished he could see more of her, but his vision was stained so blue everything was hard to decipher.

Seraphina

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Glacier

The Ooze Participant
03-14-2021, 02:11 PM
The man seemed to find nothing strange in her greeting. After a short start, he was instantly jovial and welcoming. His personality seemed so vibrant and alive, and that she was drawn to him like a moth to a flame. But not... too drawn. She kept a careful distance as she took another step into the cave. Looking from him, to the surrounding space. It was rather brilliant, wasn't it? It all seemed so alive, and lived within its own iridescent lighting.
"Oh..." what to say. To lie and say this was her place? Would that giver her a sense of authority?

Keeping to the truth meant she wouldn't stumble over her lies, but she couldn't help herself. She out on a smile, and leaned against the cave wall. Feeling something squish beneath her paw she grimaced, and shook out the limb. "...yeah, but it's a big place, and I don't mind sharing" what to say... what to say... "do you sneak into people's houses often?" There. She had been here for ages, this was her place. She wasn't a wolf on the run, there wasn't a bounty on her head. Just a normal every day wolf, living in a mushroom cave.

Hudson

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
bones
03-14-2021, 06:38 PM
Some part of him knew she was lying. Unless she existed without a scent, he knew that this girl wasn't staying here. But, she said it was her cave, and that he could share it, which lit his fire. He traced his teeth with his tongue, thinking devilish thoughts to himself. Now now, boy. "Hmm, I can't say that I do, but now I know what I've been missing out on." He purred, responding to her smile and relaxed posture. He couldn't help the sway of his charcoal-dusted tail, couldn't hide his warmth.

He wondered who she was. She didn't look familiar at all, but that had been the case ever since he left home. Most wolves where he grew up were soft, warm-toned. Certainly no pretty blue markings, or .. scales? "My name's Hudson, by the way… any chance I could learn the name of the generous owner of this mysterious, glowing cave?"

Seraphina

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Glacier

The Ooze Participant
03-14-2021, 08:45 PM
He hurtled over 'pleasant' at 10 miles an hour without slowing. His jovial nature becoming something more alarming as his voice purred at her. Alarm zinged through her vains, her senses screamed 'danger, danger!' The memory of what she had escaped from was too close to the surface for anything about sexual interest to be anything but a fright to her. She was reminded of her aching paws, her mad dash that had spanned days. Freedom. She would never give up her freedom again.

Part of her confidence shriveled, and she leaned more heavily against the cave wall. She could feel her pulse quicken. She didn't like being reminded of her fear. She wasn't a victim anymore, dammit. "And what, pray tell me, would you do with the gift of my name good Sir?" Her voice was sharper now. Disguising fear with anger. She purposefully didn't use the name he had given her. She wanted to alienate his overly familiar bearing.

Hudson

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
bones
03-15-2021, 01:06 PM
His good-natured, easygoing personality was genetic. His uncle especially was the same way. A lover, a kind and generous creature, always putting others first. Naive though, and a little dense - they had their faults, too. Hudson had manners and was raised to appreciate everything given to him.

He didn't notice her change in mood. He was in full charm mode still, trying to make a good impression on the lady. "I would thank her properly, and perhaps offer to provide a meal in exchange for hospitality. Truth be told, I've been traveling for a few weeks and I wasn't looking forward to another night in the wind and cold. This place is a little damp, but infinitely better than out in the open."

He left home a few weeks back to see more of the world. He planned to climb the tallest mountains, jump off waterfalls, drink from a desert oasis, and find every single thing in this world worth seeing. This cave was definitely on the list of awesome things he wanted to remember forever.

Seraphina

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Glacier

The Ooze Participant
04-09-2021, 11:22 PM
She watched him with the caution of a wolf on the run. She could feel her beating heart thumping in her chest, but her stubborn nature was stronger than her fear. It always had been, and she found herself in trouble often for it.

He didn’t come any closer to her, just continued on with his charm. The slick words rolled from his tongue with ease, and his smile invited her to appreciate them. All the same, she held her distance from him. The more distance between them, the easier it would be to escape - if it came to that.

“Well,” she said softly, looking for another reason to continue to be stubborn and contrary, but finding none in his earnest gaze. She sighed softly, wondering if she was jumping the gun in assuming the worst of him. “It’s Sera she said, giving him that much. As for the rest of it? She wasn’t sure about spending too much time in one space with one person. And yet, and yet, it was better than being alone. “I could take a bite to eat” she said, a ghost of a smile touching her muzzle. Her stomach grumbled at the mere thought.

"Speech"

Hudson

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
bones
05-07-2021, 01:30 PM
Sera. Gods, what a beautiful name. He shifted his weight when his eyes caught her tiny smile, desperately trying not to react too much. Hold it in, Hudson - hold it in!

She finally gave a little! He wanted to make sure she knew he was serious about his appreciation. A rare dedicated expression crossed his features. "Sera. I am so thankful for you, for your generosity, your trust. I will be back as quickly as possible with an appropriate meal." He gave her a rather serious nod, but couldn't hold it and chuckled. "Be back sooooon!" And with that, the male leaped towards the cave exit, hurriedly galloping down the field to find the meal he'd stashed earlier that day.

He was imagining her, beautiful, lounging on his return, thankful for the meal and smiling more and more.