An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby

How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Ooh La LaSamhain 2022LegendaryPride - DemisexualTeacher
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3VengeanceCritical Fail!Ice Bridge Explorer1K
03-27-2021, 12:23 AM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2021, 12:24 AM by Briar. Edited 1 time in total.)

After spending a day exploring the castle and visiting with Artorias and his family, she had spent the night in one of the guest room only to get up bright and early the next morning. Usually she wasn't much of a fan of mornings, but she also wasn't usually sleeping on her own. In some ways it was kind of nice to be able to stretch out as much as she wanted and there was no snoring or moving around to wake her up in the middle of the night. Oddly though, she almost kind of missed those things - only almost though. Since she slept unusually deeply she was able to wake up as soon as she sun streamed in through the window near where she was sleeping. She lingered around the main hall of the castle for a little while, stalking around the tables she had seen the day before with Blue Boy and sitting by one of the fire places for a short time while she waited to see if maybe her Carpathius guide would come down from the second floor where his room was, but no luck.

Eventually she got bored and made her way outside the castle, immediately regretting the decision as the bitter cold greeted her. She'd have to face it eventually to go home anyway so she forged on, but she wasn't happy about it. She walked out into the courtyard and started walking around to see what she could find since they had only really explored the inside of the castle the day before. She had seen a good portion of it as they passed through and now she got a chance to take a closer look. She found the snow covered training area first and she walked along the edge of it for a bit before walking over to a building that was slightly more substantial than the one the Armada had by their training grounds. Peeking inside she found a lot of the things she'd expect to find - training dummies, armors, materials for crafting... Nothing terribly exciting.

Abandoning the training area, she walked around the corner of the castle and was surprised to find a rough glass sided structure of some sort. It was clearly still being worked on, but it seemed to be mostly constructed. The ground inside had been cleared of snow and the dirt inside looked like it was just waiting to have some plants growing in it. She tilted her head as she examined the green house, perhaps even more impressed with this than she had been anything inside the castle. She knew they had moved here during the winter so it made since that there wasn't any plants in it yet, but she really wished there was so she could ask to take some herbs home with her.

"Briar" | "Marigold"

Indigo

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (245)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
03-28-2021, 01:11 PM
Indigo had seen the shell of a greenhouse in the courtyard, but ever since that first glance he’d avoided returning any attention there. He was reminded too heavily of the Armada, and deep down her knew he was homesick. Indy had found his responsibilities easily enough, he took to the rhythm of the pack. The yearling never really felt like he had truly found his place here. His heart yearned for something else. Seeing that greenhouse he was reminded of the one that had been built for him in the Armada, whenever he thought about the place his heart ached. For home, for spring, for his plants, and mostly for Aslatiel.

The only reason he made his way there now was the scent of Armada leading there. The aroma was unmistakable, he wasn’t certain who the wolf was but he already had his guesses. His parents had another little right before he left for the Hallows, and he never made it back home before the move to Auster. His siblings were unknown to him. Still, as bright blue eyes fell on her Indigo knew her as a daughter of Zee. Without question.

The yearling sucked in a deep breath and allowed his massive paw to step out of the shadowed corridor and onto the snow. It crunched beneath him, giving way to his massive girth. ”You’re a long way from home.” He commented softly. ”I wonder if anyone has been using the one I left.” He gestured vaguely towards the nearly constructed building. Indigo didn’t even know if their father’s gift to him was still standing.

Warning: Indigo should be considered a Mature Character.

Briar

The Hallows
Lady of Cinder

Master Fighter (245)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby

How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Ooh La LaSamhain 2022LegendaryPride - DemisexualTeacher
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3VengeanceCritical Fail!Ice Bridge Explorer1K
03-28-2021, 11:13 PM

The loud crunch of paws through snow pulled her gaze away from the would be green house, turning her attention to a very large, very purple man that approached her from the castle. For a second she wondered if maybe she was going to be in trouble for trespassing or something along those lines since he definitely wasn't related to Artorias and she hadn't waited for Artorias to come out with her, but she quickly realized that the male wasn't hostile in any way. She nodded in agreement when he mentioned how far she was from home and almost went back to looking at the green house in front of them till he mentioned his wondering if anyone still used the green house he had left behind. She looked at him questioningly for a moment until she actually took a second to smell his scent past the very obvious smell of The Hallows on his fur.

It was harder to pick up since he had been away from them for so long, but there was still a familiar scent there - subtle hints to it that that all of their siblings shared. Recognition lit up her face as she asked, "You're... Indigo - aren't you?" It was a name she had heard several times, but she had never actually seen a face to go with it. She probably should have guessed sooner since his look was pretty distinctive, but she hadn't thought to look for him here. Considering the scarcity and stand offish nature of most - if not all - of her older siblings it almost felt like a rare treat to actually find one that wanted to speak with her. Mortis was really the only exception and she hadn't even seen him around much as of late.

She found herself smiling as she looked up at him, her tail wagging gently. Suddenly she remembered the seemingly rhetorical question he had asked about the green house back in the Armada's lands as her thoughts jumped between a bunch of different topics and questions. "I guess to answer your question - I don't think it's been kept up with recently. Io used to have the garden, but... she's not around any more. There's not really any healers... Except Mojito I guess. I think he was going to start fixing it up in the spring, but... Then the weather got really, really bad." As she spoke her expression began to fall and she glanced toward the snow covered ground with a frown.

She pulled her gaze back up to his with a more determined gaze as she tried to focus on the positives instead of the negatives - though there were an awful lot of negatives to contend with right now. "Me and a bunch of my litter mates are learning to be healers though! Well... I'm trying to, anyway. I have a fox that lives with me - she knows a lot about different herbs so she's been teaching me." She knew some of her other siblings were more talented at it than she was, but she didn't want to give up on it... At least not yet.

"Briar" | "Marigold"

Indigo

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
04-01-2021, 09:24 AM
She looked up at him, clearly confused about his presence and his questions as he stared up at him. As though she had the solution right in front of her face. For a long moment she put the pieces together, and finally grasped the full picture. She swiftly guess who he was, and uttered his name in question. She was bright, her expression and her eyes as she beamed up at him. Indigo left before his siblings eyes were even open and then the Hallows moved before he’d really made the effort to meet them. Indigo wasn’t sure how he felt about new siblings. He felt the distance keenly between himself and Aslatiel but both of his brothers had always been distant. He had no reason to think the younger bunch would be any different.

”I am.” He offered with a polite grin. ”I’m… sorry I never learned yours.” He tried to remember if he had even met them while still at their mother’s side. Surely he had made enough of an effort to do at least that… but he wasn’t so sure. Still, she didn’t seem to hold a grudge against him and Indigo was happy to sit and talk to her. She was like a small taste of him, and that familiar lonely feeling returned deep down. The yearling wouldn’t show it in his smile though.

Briar spoke up again, giving him a synopsis of his once beloved greenhouse. Indigo wondered if he would ever return to that place in his life. A garden, a greenhouse… Indy tried not to dwell too heavily on the thought. He was saddened to know Iolaire hadn’t returned. Another pang of sadness hit him. He tried not to think of his aunt, he missed her beyond all reason. He didn’t say anything before she spoke again, the girl doing everything to end on a positive note. The younger siblings were trying their best to become healers for the Armada.

”That’s great!” He told her softly, another grin playing on his features. ”I learned most of what I know from Iolaire. Along with my badger companion. Not that I would consider myself a master.” Indy offered humbly. ”Especially with the awful weather. I’m out of practice.”

Briar

The Hallows
Lady of Cinder

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby

04-01-2021, 06:37 PM

She was happy that she guessed his name correctly. It had been a slight shot in the dark, but how many giant purple wolves could there be in the world? "I'm Briar," she replied when he mentioned that he hadn't learned her name, giving him a warm smile. She was just so happy that there was one of her older siblings that was willing to spend time with her that it even over came her usual snarky, teasing demeanor. She adored her family more than anything which was why it bothered her so much that she felt so detached from many of them.

He pulled another grin from her when he praised them for learning to be healers. She still wasn't entirely sure of the choice, but it did help having some encouragement for pursuing the skill. If nothing else she didn't really know what else she'd want to study instead and at least it was a useful skill so... It was as good as anything else she supposed. She nodded in agreement when he spoke of how this weather had made practicing healing more difficult. "That's kind of why I'm here," she admitted with a shrug. It's even colder and more snowy back home so I was hoping that maybe it'd be better further south and I might find a few herbs to take back with me, but... well..." She waved a paw at the bleak, winter-like land around them with a chuckle.

"Maybe when the weather gets better we can practice together?" she asked, bringing her eyes back up to him with a hopeful smile. "I mean, just if you want to, of course... Marigold is a good teacher and all, but it'd be kind of nice to learn stuff with another wolf too." She didn't really know if he'd say yes or not considering he lived in a different pack and there had to be a reason why he didn't live with them any more so maybe he didn't even want to spend time with her, but... it never hurt to ask. She didn't know if she'd ever figure out this whole healing thing without a teacher.

"Briar" | "Marigold"

Indigo

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
04-03-2021, 07:07 PM
Indy smiled hesitantly as she gave him her name, he was kind of new to the whole big brother thing. He had always felt like the baby, the younger brother. Too far out of reach to quite attain heir and always looking up to the older two. He was always softer spoke, sweeter, and had preferred to play with flowers than to hunt. That fact led him to where he was now. An expert healer in Resin’s pack, having studied under the best healers the Empire had ever seen. Both Iolaire and Meadow passed down their knowledge and even if he missed them terribly their wisdom would live on through the boy.

Indigo shook his head as she spoke about the southern lands. He had been all up and down the continent searching for some hint of spring, but there was nothing. Cold and ice was all they had and all they would have for any kind of foreseeable future. Briar went on, and she acquired a glint in her eye as she began to speak about getting together again once the weather returned to what should have been. Indigo nodded, smiling softly and feeling a bit more like home as she asked about him teaching her.

”I’d be honored, Briar.” He told her as he lowered his head in a light bow. He didn’t even know if any of his younger siblings would want much to do with him since he had always been so distant. A missing figure. One day travel wouldn’t be so difficult and the green would return. ”I’ll teach you everything I remember.” He teased and looked up with a half grin on his maw.

Briar

The Hallows
Lady of Cinder

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby

04-04-2021, 04:47 PM

Her smile grew into a full on grin when he agreed to teach her - but not only that, that he'd be honored to do so. There was something about just knowing that someone was in her corner that helped her confidence in continuing her studies. Sure, it would be a while before they were able to really dive into that practice as they waited for herbs to be more readily available, but it was something for her to look forward to and with as dreary and depressing as the world was right now that was huge. She giggled and hopped up onto her paws, reaching up to press her nose to his cheek as her tail wagged excitedly. "Thanks, Indigo! I can't wait!"

When she backed up from him again she was still wearing that excited grin, that little hope he gave her radiating through her. "I should probably be getting back home... Dad is gonna be mad that I went out on my own," she mentioned with a guilty grin, giggling softly again. "Oh! I've got to go say bye to Artorias first though!" She hopped up to give his cheek one last kiss before running off toward the castle to find her friend, calling back over her shoulder, "Bye, brother! Love you!"

"Briar" | "Marigold"