Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

LegendaryThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2VengeanceUnderachieverScarred
Ice Bridge ExplorerWealthyHomebodyDouble MasterExplorerVolcano
1KTreat 2019
04-26-2021, 07:28 PM

Tyrian plucked absently at the taunt fishing line that stretched out over the water and disappeared into its depths. This was a new one for him, but apparently this was how Tashi fished without canines fouling up the water with their fish scaring tactics. Why the langur refused to leap into the water or use those handy hands to throw a spear was beyond him, but here they were, sitting on the riverbank in silence, their fishing lines fluttering in the current, bored out of their minds. Tyrian supposed he couldn't speak for Tashi but he, Tyrian, was used to more energetic fishing so this sit and wait approach was terribly underwhelming. He was bored.

He side-eyed Tashi and noted with a bit of jealousy that the langur appeared serene and unbothered by the lack of activity. Tyrian shifted his weight from paw to paw and blew out his lips in exasperation. If the whole morning was going to be this way he was in for a long day. He promised to give this method a try, though. But, and perhaps this was what stood between him and the sort of contentment Tashi seemed to have, Tyrian wasn't one to sit still unless he was tired. When it came to unwinding (which was the reason Tashi insisted they take the morning to fish this way) Tyrian liked to make things. Some part of him needed to be active even in rest. He unwound by tinkering. This sitting still business? This was fucking stressful.

Tyrian glanced around in hopes a distraction would throw itself at his paws or something. He'd take anything. Coyotes, vagabonds, lost puppies. Hell, he'd settle for a strange bird flying over the river; that at least would provide a moment of conversation with Tashi, who seemed determined to spend the morning in near silence unless prompted.

""

Tyrian has a saber-toothed snow leopard companion named Zahir, a black-footed gray langur named Tashi and a striped skunk companion he insists on calling Righty even though her name is Daisy. Assume all are nearby if not mentioned.

Spirit

Loner

Intermediate Intellectual (55)

Intermediate Healer (50)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

Pride - Gay (MLM)The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
05-02-2021, 10:23 AM
Spirit wasn't quite sure where he and his siblings were going. Thus far they'd had no luck finding either their mother or their sister and since Plague had been introduced to the group... well, he wasn't quite sure what to think. The thought of losing his brother was a very real fear to him and he wasn't sure how to cope with it. How would either he or Gloom be okay if they were left on their own? Returning to Abaven without having made any progress made his stomach sink. Spirit knew he'd never be the most capable wolf, never the one to exceed everyone's expectations, but he'd hoped they could return with their mother and sister in tow... or at least some news on where they might have gone. But they had nothing, and Spirit felt like he was falling backwards through time, reverting back to the wolf he'd been when he and his mother had first found Abaven again.

Being strong was hard. He wasn't sure it was for him. Spirit sighed as he neared the river and watched the way the water spilled over the rocks and against the sides of the embankment. Somewhere nearby he heard Strawberry calling out to assure him of her presence and, for a moment, he felt calm. But that feeling was disturbed when he saw the imposing figure of someone up ahead, just around a bend in the river. Spirit wasn't quite sure what he nor his companions were doing in the water, but... he felt he was running out of options when it came to his search and he knew he'd have to start talking to whoever he found, as much as it scared him. "H-hello!" Spirit called out as he moved slowly along the riverbank, not wanting to startle the strangers or distract them from what they were doing.

Spirit has a female strawberry Finch companion named Strawberry, who is almost always nearby.
He also is usually wearing a saddlebag if he's away from home.

Tyrian

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

LegendaryThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2VengeanceUnderachieverScarred
1KTreat 2019
05-08-2021, 07:49 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2021, 07:50 PM by Tyrian. Edited 1 time in total.)

Tyrian found himself in the middle of a very long blink when a voice came to him over the steady rush of the river. He jerked upright, surprised not only by the voice but by the sudden realization that his chin had started to creep towards his chest without him knowing it. A quick glance was stolen in Tashi's direction to make sure he hadn't witnessed the near-sleep before Tyrian turned to address the stranger. A little ruffled by being caught off guard, he ran a paw down his chest to smooth its downy strands and to steady his nerves.

The stranger was roughly his age, smaller than him, and of a lighter build. Something about him was vaguely familiar but Tyrian didn't get the sense he'd seen the man before and was quick to dismiss the feeling. There were enough brown-coated, blue-eyed wolves out there to make passing resemblances as common as jays.

He cleared his throat to drive away the last of his discomposure, gave the stranger a chagrined smirk and launched into a response that would hopefully steer the conversation far away from his cat nap. "Ah, hello there! You here for the fish too?"

""

Tyrian has a saber-toothed snow leopard companion named Zahir, a black-footed gray langur named Tashi and a striped skunk companion he insists on calling Righty even though her name is Daisy. Assume all are nearby if not mentioned.

Spirit

Loner

Intermediate Healer (50)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

05-10-2021, 06:45 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2021, 06:46 PM by Spirit. Edited 2 times in total.)
His own nerves were frayed almost instantly upon approaching the stranger. He wasn't the social type, never had been and he had an inkling he never would be. Though he'd resigned himself to that he hoped someday he might be able to speak a full sentence to someone new without stuttering. If he'd ever done so, he couldn't recall. Replaying those interactions in his mind was never pleasant; he was sure his anxious brain amplified his nervousness tenfold and turned him into a stuttering fool. Fortunately for him he maintained some semblance of composure, allowing himself a small smile as he took a few meek steps toward the slightly older wolf.

"Uh - n-no," he started slowly. "N-not really, I mean. I wouldn't mind getting something to eat. B-but it's not why I'm here, not really," he choked out quickly. Spirit's posture was submissive, tail curled between his leg as he emboldened himself to take a few more steps closer. Being normal didn't come easily to him, and he wondered if he'd ever master it. Other wolves made conversing seem so effortless; sometimes he found himself envying those kinds of wolves while other times he couldn't imagine being mildly similar to them. "I... I'm looking for my mother. E-eulogy Destruction, is her name. P-perhaps you've seen her?" He looked hopeful, almost pathetically so, as he looked to Tyrian for an answer with bright, wide eyes. He knew the likelihood of anyone having seen her was slim to none but it was that small glimmer of hope in his heart that urged him to keep trying.

Spirit has a female strawberry Finch companion named Strawberry, who is almost always nearby.

Tyrian

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

1KTreat 2019
05-10-2021, 07:38 PM

Tyrian blinked once slowly as the guy's mother's name sank in. The first name meant nothing to him. He'd neither met the woman nor heard of her connection to his Auntie Rhythm, but of course the Destruction name rang all sorts of bells. It also likely explained his sense of deja vu as most of the Destructions he knew followed one of two colors schemes, one of which this stranger's coat fell into without question.

After the stranger mentioned not minding a meal, Tyrian gestured to his meager catch of fish. "Help yourself," he glanced at Tashi, before continuing pointedly, "As I've been told repeatedly this is meant to be a leisurely activity so the fish are just...collateral, I suppose." Normally he wouldn't be so keen on sharing but he was desperate for something to break the monotony. Honestly, the guy could have asked for the moon and Tyrian would have given it his best shot simply because it meant he could get away from this damn fishing line.

"I haven't, I'm afraid. Don't know anyone by that name. Well, first name, anyway. You Destructions are as common as bunnies," he said with a small, teasing smile. It was maybe a bit presumptive to think this stranger had taken his mother's name, but the guy had the demeanor Tyrian had been raised to believe was patently Destruction so the chance he might be wrong never occurred to him. As far as Tyrian was concerned there was only one more box to check before he labeled the man as 100% white meat Destruction."You from Abaven?"

""

Spirit

Loner

Intermediate Healer (50)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

05-14-2021, 01:05 PM
Now that he'd seen a bit of fish he realized he was a bit hungry. Food didn't come so easily these days, not while he and his siblings were out on their own, and a free meal sounded tempting. He wasn't sure he'd be able to stand not trying to repay the favor before he left but for now he nodded in humble acceptance. Denying such an offering seemed rude, regardless of whether he was hungry or not, he decided. "Sure! T-thank you!" Spirit chirped as he tentatively made his way to the fish pile and grabbed one for himself. Slowly he'd sink down onto the ground and nibble at it, not wanting to betray how hungry he was. Not starved, not by any means, but he definitely could use with a few good meals.

His eyes were wide, comically so as he waited for Tyrian to answer him. He always hoped for the best despite knowing the world was not always such a lucky place - perhaps Tyrian would light up and confirm he knew exactly who she was and where he could find her. Maybe she'd gotten injured while off looking for something for he and his siblings and she'd been simply recovering, not wanting to burden the wolves of Abaven with tending to her injuries. She'd always been a selfless sort of wolf, he knew that much, so something like that didn't sound like an impossibility. But his hopes were shattered quickly, and he visibly deflated at Tyrian's words as he swallowed a bite of fish. "Y-yeah, I guess we are," he said quietly. He knew Abaven consisted largely of Destructions, though while most were family he somehow felt.. separate still. He wondered sometimes if his siblings felt the same. "I-I am. We've been gone awhile though. L-looking for our mom and sister. Her name's Poltergeist," he added, almost as an afterthought. Finding her seemed even less likely than finding their mom now though he was trying desperately to cling on to hope that somehow their luck would change soon.

Tyrian

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

1KTreat 2019
06-06-2021, 02:31 PM

Check. As he had expected the man was a Destruction from Abaven. It was too easy a guess for Tyrian to consider it a win for his deductive skills, but his rightness amused him all the same. He was a simple man and he took pleasure in simple things.

The shy boy's manner wilted visibly with the news which caused his smug amusement to lose a bit of its shine. The corners of Tyrian's mouth depressed a little as he considered the mellow savior whose presence promised to pry him from the jaws of boredom. The last thing he wanted to do was drive him away and lose his chance at a respite. This fishing business was horribly tedious and Tyrian was almost willing to throw himself into the hunt for the bashful boy's mother to escape it. Almost. "Ah, cheer up, bud. If there's one thing I know about Boreas it's that there's no escaping family here. Sooner or later," he nodded meaningfully, "The missing ones will turn up. They always do."

Uncomfortable with polite platitudes and sadness, Tyrian cleared his throat and tried another angle. "Describe 'em, will ya? That way if I see one of 'em I can tell them uhhh..." Had this guy introduced himself? He hadn't, had he? "What's your name?"

""

Spirit

Loner

Intermediate Healer (50)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

06-10-2021, 08:48 AM
Spirit knew his family was a large one, but he hadn't fully begun to grasp just how vast it was. His own world was much smaller, smaller than even Abaven, and he struggled to grasp how large his pack even was - let alone any family that might live elsewhere. It was admittedly strange to meet someone that seemed to know enough of his family to consider them common and not have an idea who he was.

Tyrian offered a bit of hope and Spirit couldn't help but allow a faint smile to touch his lips, even if it was partially forced. He didn't exactly believe him though; he and his mother had gotten separated from Abaven for a long while. It seemed entirely possible his mother and sister might slip out of their grasp forever. Slowly he was coming to terms with that, balancing his realism with a healthy amount of hope, enough to keep them searching. "Y-yeah, I hope so." And hopefully sooner rather than later. Even if they wanted to stay out on their own, to stay anywhere else.. Spirit didn't care, he just wanted to know they were alright.

Describe them? He thought for a moment. It'd been so long since he'd seen his mother, and even loner since he'd seen Poltergeist. "M-my mom - Eulogy - she has fur paler than mine. Light markings under her eyes. And her eyes are blue," he added hurriedly, not sure if he was describing her well at all. "P-poltergeist stands out a bit more. She's mostly white with a brown head, same white markings under her eyes, though her eyes are red. A-and her paws are brown, I think," he hesitated before speaking, not sure if he was remembering correctly. He felt tears begin to well in his eyes at the thought but he held them back. He could barely remember what his own sister looked like. He was failing them, both his mom and sister. "O-oh, I'm sorry. My name is Spirit. And… yours?"