size
Small
build
Light
player
Shard

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
05-02-2021, 12:22 AM

Outlaw had spent the morning collecting herbs.  He enjoyed finding things so it was a treasure hunt in a way, not as fun as real treasure hunts but fun nonetheless.  Some of what he plucked was for healing, some flowers were meant for dying things, and the sticks were just collected because sticks were the types of things that could be handy often enough.  So it was after several hours he made his way back to the castle.  He sorted out the sticks, a funny stone, and the flowers into his den and then headed towards the infirmary to help restock some of the herbs.  They’d been using lots of them lately with Tamsyn getting so badly hurt and now there was apparently another injured wolf he hadn’t met yet.

The grey and black dog wore a satchel that hung from a self-made harness near a front shoulder.  More noteworthy was the cowboy hat that sat on his head.  Entering the room he spotted the giant black wolf.  Well, wasn’t he a sight?  Both in size and muscle and all the punctures throughout his body.  How would sometimes get messed up like this?  Of course, Outlaw hadn’t gotten closer yet but it came to his mind from the one paw injury that it didn’t look like it was from a bite.

The dog was going put up the herbs but he couldn’t help looking at the stranger instead.  Finally, his instinct to meet others won out over sorting herbs.  The guy looked like he could use a new friend anyway.  “Hi there,” Outlaw offered with a friendly note.  Normally it would even sound excited but there was a lot of bad stuff going on lately so it was best to tone it down.  If Outlaw thought much on the sad stuff he could be sad also but he had chosen to not put much thought into it.  It was hard to be outward and friendly to others if he was letting himself be sad.  Of course, it helped that he had limited time around Resin.  

“How are you holding up?  I’ve seen a tree struck by lightning that I think was still more put together than you are.” The same friendly beat and the dog's tail was slightly up and curved with a gentle wag.  

Speech:"Life is but a game " Think
Unless noted you can assume Outlaw is wearing his hat.  
It's also likely there is a seagull somewhere nearby

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
05-02-2021, 12:35 AM
I don't deserve to have you
The Warlord was drifting in and out of sleep. Trying to get his strength back, and it was easier to sleep then to fight the healers trying to get out of bed. He was covered in stitches and wrappings. His pads were burnt, and the one that Art had skewered like he was at a barbeque would take a while to heal. The cuts, in out, in out, were deep, but not very wide. Many, tight little stitches littered his body.

He was resting his eyes when the door creaked open, and a wolf walked in unannounced. He must have dropped off at some point, and Tam must have ducked out for a water break. It was just him, and the stranger.

The unannounced strange wolf with an oversized thing on his head. And, worse than the oversized hat, was the gaping grin. Oh dear lord, what torment had they unleashed on the Warlord now?

Groggily, he pressed a paw to his pounding heat, and tried to sit up. “Who the heck are you?” he asked. He didn’t look like any of the healers that had tended to him, but then, he had been mostly out of it by then.

"Speech"

Outlaw

Loner

Beginner Healer (0)

Advanced Intellectual (80)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Shard

05-02-2021, 01:01 AM

“Oh, sorry that was rude of me.” Outlaw offered apologetically, “I’m Outlaw,” the dog responded in good tone.  “Head hurting?” Spoken watching Sirius raising a paw to his head, “I think I’ve got some herbs that can help you with that. Oh, right and I’m learning to be a healer, still pretty limited skills though.  Getting pretty good at finding herbs.” He stopped at the end of each sentence but it seemed only long enough for a second or two.  His mind just never seemed to shut up and he liked sharing what it came up with.

“What’s your name?  Let me get these herbs out of my satchel and I can see about that headache.”  Outlaw stepped back a short way to unclip the satchel, nuding it open wider at the top and looking at the contents within.  Gingerly pulling out some white willow bark. “So, if you want can keep it simple and just let you chew on it.  Want me to get fancier I can work on making some tea but it would take a little longer.”  The idea that Sirius might not want company or assistance clearly hadn’t occurred to him. “It doesn’t taste all that great to my mind but it should work well enough.”

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
05-02-2021, 01:30 AM
He growled when the thing stepped closer. Lying in bed, it was hard to gouge the exact height of his intruder, but he was easily what… half? The height of the Warlord. Half the height, and twice the personality. He winced as the boy started speaking, and didn’t stop.

“Warlord.” he ground out when Outlaw asked his name. Hoping he would get the hint, and hush his speech hole. “I don’t need any more herbs.” He was sick of things being thrown down his throat, and patches on his coat. Hovering healers, and these four walls. He wanted out.

And that was when the idea hit him. Tamsyn wasn’t looking, and this bright eyes creature looked like he longed to be helpful. “Do you want to make yourself useful?”

"Speech"

Outlaw

Loner

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Shard

05-02-2021, 01:39 AM

Warlord?  That didn’t sound like a name and more of a title?  Though the dog had to think on it as his own name was more of what some might consider a title instead of a name.  Outlaw did sound better than Warlord though.  Probably a status though Outlaw decided.  

“Oh.  Sorry Sir,” The dog offered a little more politely but he also hadn’t left.  “Fancy title, guess you run a pack of your own with a title like that.” The dog’s ears pricked, the hat sliding partially back but a rope kept from ever falling off and the dog seemed deft at scooting it back forward without much thought.

“Oh sure, how can I help you?  Always happy to lend a paw.” The dog watched Sirius curiously to see what he could do, even looking hopeful at some way he could help the warlord out.  Poor guy was in some awful shape.  The stitches made it hard to know exact details but again the patterns weren’t right for bite marks.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

05-02-2021, 01:51 AM
He snorted softly at the man's guess. Full marks, through his pack scent and the general knowledge of the Warlord around the Hallows likely accounted for more of it.

As he guessed, the young thing was eager to help. Sirius let his maw twitch into a smile as he considered his scheme. “Keep a watch on the door, if you hear Tamsyn coming, let me know. Once we get out of the infirmary, show me the way out of this maze.”
It was a prison break.

He was sick of healers telling him not to walk on his damaged pawpads, of being cooped up in this room. He needed a breath of fresh air and a break, dammit. Before he hit somebody.

"Speech"

Outlaw

Loner

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Shard

05-02-2021, 01:12 PM

Outlaw focused on the wolf as he listened and looked thoughtful for a moment.  Outlaw had noticed plenty of wolves thought him dim for some reason.  Was good cheer a sign of stupidity?  Well, the dog didn’t mind.  If folks wanted to think him foolish for not being grouchy that was fine.  “OH, yah you definitely need help then don’t you?”

The dog nodded acknowledging the plan. “I guess I am stuck here for now, huh?  Can’t let you leave early, the best thing I can do for ya.” Outlaw offered politely. “Afraid you’re in no condition to leave and I’d wager you know you shouldn’t.  So, what is it you want to sneak out of here for?” The dog made his way to casually sit between Sirius and the door just in case.  Outlaw wasn’t a fighter but the shape Sirius was in the dog probably didn’t need to be.  “I think need to make sure healers and Tam are ok with you leaving.  Is there anything else I can you help with?  We are a pretty nice place so why the rush to live?”

“Say, if you’re a warlord I’ve bet you have some pretty great war stories you could share, right?  I love stories if you want to pass the time?  Happy to listen to about anything, happy to tell stories but, I fear for your own good I have to help you by not agreeing to the request.”  Outlaw imagined the guy wasn't going to be too happy about this but, maybe someday in the long run the man would realize Outlaw was doing him a good thing.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

05-16-2021, 10:25 PM
Sirius was going to have nightmares about that hat. He had never seen a goofier adornment on a wolf. Was it meant to be a battle accessory? Intimidate your opponent with wide brims. The Warlord narrowed his eyes at his goofy opponent as he decided to stick around underfoot. He even… moved… to stand between Sirius at the door. All 3 inches of him.

Sirius got slowly to his paws, hiding the pain of the motion by the deliberate slowness. Drawing himself up as though slowly pulling a menacing air across himself. The man prattled on, as though unaware of the danger he was in. Sirius stood, twice the height of Outlaw and slowly saunted closer to him. Slow was good, slow hid the way pain zinged up his joints.He itched to all hell and wanted to rip off his bandages and walk backwards through a briarbush.

“I believe you have misunderstood me. Let's put that to rights before you find yourself gagged and bound to this bed. You will accompany me out this door and through this maze of a building. Would it not be preferable to come peacefully and keep me out of trouble?” as far as persuasion worked, Sirius’s tactics could likely use a little work

Outlaw

Loner

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Shard

05-16-2021, 10:49 PM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2021, 11:46 PM by Sirius. Edited 1 time in total.)

Outlaw watched Sirius approach with a curious look to his features, but some hesitation starting to show as the dog finally couldn’t ignore Sirius's intentions.  Outlaw stood up slowly with his tail lowered and it rarely ever went low.  Normally all Outlaw’s tail did was wag high and eagerly with a zest for life.

Sirius wasn’t in any condition to be trying to fight someone right now.  Outlaw wasn’t in any condition to fight either mostly considering once he’d gotten past young puppy scraps he had never taken to real fight training.  Outlaw hated the idea of hurting someone and so this had two bad options.  Sirius could harm Outlaw which had Sirius possibilities but with Sirius's condition, the giant wolf might hurt himself trying to hurt Outlaw.
“Ya know,” Outlaw pointed it with an attempt to sound cheery but hesitation mixed in, “There’s another option here.  I could call for Tamsyn or someone now, right?  I don’t want you getting hurt,” The words were sincerely true, just as his next words, “for that matter I don’t want to be hurt.”

The dogs head ducked down a bit lower apparently feeling more uncertain by the moment, “You really aren’t in good shape.  If they don’t want you to leave its for a good reason.  Isn’t there anything else you’d like?”  To Outlaw’s credit or folly he still was in front of the door.  Certainly he wasn’t requesting stories anymore.

Outlaw

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

05-16-2021, 11:45 PM
Sirius moved closer, and didn’t stop. Pushing himself into the dogs face - well, as much as he could with the height differences. It was more like pushing his chest into the small dog's snout. He flicked the boy's hat with a paw.
“I have just lost my wife and child, i’m stuck in a hospital bed, and there is a mutt in my path. Move it or lose it, boy.” Sirius growled.

There was no longer anything playful in his tones. He did not like to be challenged, not here, not now, and not by this boy. The Warlord knew getting into a fight could lead to loss of control again, but he wasn’t going to be able to help himself if Outlaw stood in his way a moment longer.

"Speech"

Outlaw

Loner

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Shard

05-17-2021, 12:01 AM

Outlaw Shrunk down that much more crouching a bit with sad eyes up at Sirius, tail tucked under him.  Outlaw licked at his jaw as he considered his current situation.  This wasn’t the sort of position he was used to being in.  Well, this just wasn’t going to do!  Uh, so how did this get worked through?  Outlaw let out a resigned mixture of a whine and sigh.  Sirius could clearly shove him away.  The dog backed out the door reluctantly, ears pinned back in clear displeasure.  “Alright, well, this is a really bad idea but I guess better I go with you in case you fall over on yourself.” With that decision in mind, hesitant cheeriness was already coming back. Outlaw’s tail was even up again though the tail was more twitching than really wagging.  Nervous but still trying to be friendly.

“You shouldn’t go alone.” Outlaw offered quietly, “You aren’t in shape to defend yourself if something happened.” The dog didn’t mention the tragedy that Sirius had just mentioned having come to pass.  It was unlikely something the upset wolf had any desire to talk about father.  “My main way to defend myself is just to run so I’m no help on that.” There was a moment's hesitation, “Not that I wouldn’t try but, you know, there are others who would be better, most anyone really.”  The dog seemed still concerned for Sirius despite the previous clear threat.

Outlaw