Ulric

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Double MasterIce Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterBeevent
1KCritical Hit!
05-21-2021, 04:45 PM
ooc: liquid time to after Segindy coming home

For the most part, Ulric was happy to honor any agreements that Resin had made before he took over The Hallows so when Indigo asked to be allowed to bring in the refugees he found he had agreed easily for that to continue. He only asked that Indigo let him know when more needed to join their ranks or if they would be temporary stays. He was impressed by the big heart that the large, purple man seemed to have and considering the mission of The Hallows he was happy to allow wolves that needed help into their borders as long as they had the room to spare. It did make him curious about the Fatalis man though and considering they had spent little time individually he ended up with more questions than answers.

As he was doing his usual evening patrols he found a hint of Indigo's scent along with the scent of a loner and his own curiosity finally got the better of him, abandoning the half finished patrol to follow the scent. There was really no rush for Indigo to speak with him about his new comers, but he had to wonder what his Templar had planned for his future in the pack or otherwise with all these vagabonds that always seemed to find. He spotted Indigo fairly easily, his violet coat easy to find, and he got the man's attention with a bark, nodding his head for him to follow him out to the courtyard. He walked out into the open space, turning to face Indigo again with a soft smile. "Found another one, hm?" he asked with a chuckle, making it clear that he wasn't bothered by the development.

Ulric Adravendi

Indigo

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (245)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
05-21-2021, 05:43 PM
He was thankful to Ulric for keeping Resin’s arrangement with him, he could bring his orphans as long as the alpha was told eventually. So far Indigo had tried to be prompt, but Segin was the first to come under his wing since Ulric took over the Aegis position. Everything seemed so different now after leaving Resin within the dungeon. His grandmother, his teacher, his guardian when he needed he the most. Indigo’s heart ached for her and the eventuality they faced. That was why he had clung so tightly to Segin the night before. It was so easy to get lost in his heartache.

As he was doing now, heading back to the rooms after tidying up the infirmary and the herbs he had returned him. He was nearly up the stairs when Ulric got his attention with a soft call. Indigo perked and followed him, not often singled out by the Aegis he couldn’t deny his curiosity. Huge dark paws carried him behind Ulric, following easily and lowering himself to his haunches once they were both comfortable in the courtyard. The alpha already realized Indigo’s most recent find. ”They find me, honestly.” He chuckled lightly as he tried to make a joke, but it wasn’t funny what these wolves had gone through to get to him. ”The one I brought today’s name is Segin. He looks like he could make a great healer.” He added lightly, withholding any information about his past. Not that he wanted to hide anything from Ulric, but he wanted to keep the orchid colored man’s trust.

Warning: Indigo should be considered a Mature Character.

Ulric

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Double MasterIce Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterBeevent
1KCritical Hit!
05-21-2021, 06:06 PM
He settled onto his haunches as well, smirking a little when Indigo joked that they find him instead of the other way around. "I don't doubt that," he replied, amusement in his pale gaze. He always believed that wolves that needed each other were drawn to one another and that seemed even more true for Indigo. He nodded to the brief introduction and description of their newest guest, a promising healer named Segin. "Well, I'm always happy to have more healers around." With Aranea gone and Lúta quarantined it had dwindled their number of well trained healers down to just Indigo and Gwynevere. It was an interesting conundrum to have considering their ranks used to be nearly all healers and very few fighters. Somehow that fact had gotten reversed.

He tipped his head slightly with curiosity as he assessed the younger man in front of him. "If you don't mind me asking, do you have any plans for the future? Any goals for yourself and your refugees?" It wasn't all that long ago that he had dreamed of building his own pack before life pulled him into an entirely different direction with the birth of his children and meeting Resin. He wasn't displeased with where he had landed and in the end he still got a chance to lead, just not in the way he had intended. With the group of wolves Indigo was gathering it made him wonder if the violet man had any thoughts of the future like that himself.

Ulric Adravendi

Indigo

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
05-22-2021, 05:13 AM
Indigo joked lightly and Ulric chuckled in return, making it known there was little doubt in his mind what Indigo said was true. It seemed like at just the right moment Indigo found another wolf who needed him as much as he needed them. Segin just appearing in that cave like magic, it was like they were always meant to be together. Most importantly Ulric was eager to accept another wolf into the Hallows that would stay under Indigo’s wing.

This wasn’t where the conversation would end, the alpha went on after a curious tilt of his head. The question that often plagued Indy but the young man had little desire to think about. The future was difficult, but Indigo still had his goals and dreams, that even if he was ignoring were closer than ever. Indigo’s dark ears fell to his skull as he averted his gaze. He had no shame in his goals but he was reminded clearly of one of his last conversations with Resin. His heart clenched and Indy tried to breathe as he shoved the emotions down.

”Actually…” Indigo was slow to answer but he steeled his nerves and lifted his head back to its full height. ”I want to lead them as a travelling band.” He finally admitted, though he hadn’t been working hard towards that goal it felt like something he would know when the moment was right.

Ulric

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player

1KCritical Hit!
05-22-2021, 02:09 PM
Ulric saw the hurt in his expression at the question and a bit of concern pulled at his brow, but he didn't press Indigo for more. He waited patiently while the younger man seemed to gather his thoughts before finally lifting his head again and declaring that he would like to take his wolves and lead them as a traveling band. Surprise colored Ulric's expression. He hadn't considered that as a possibility, though he could understand why that would be an attractive way to live as long as they kept their group small enough to be able to move around easily. Not being held to one place as the weather changed would certainly be nice and it would give him more freedom find the wolves that needed him as long as that remained his goal and purpose.

"I like the sound of that," he told him with a smile and a small nod. "I'll certainly be sad to see you go. The Hallows will miss your talents. But I also know what it's like to have a dream and a goal and I'd never want to prevent you from having that. Whenever you think you're ready to embark on that journey just let me know. I'll see you and your band off." He'd have to see to recruiting some more members once Indigo and his clan of wolves departed, but that would be his concern, not Indigo's. Just another on the never ending to do list of an alpha.

"I don't want you to be a stranger after you go," he told him thoughtfully. "I'm not sure what you'll need as a traveling band, but perhaps we can find things to trade or make some kind of arrangement in the future. I'd like to support you in your endeavors if I can." He wasn't sure why he had such a soft spot for the younger man. Maybe he saw a lot of himself as a young man in him. Maybe he felt like he needed to step in to the space that Resin had left. Either way, he was eager to see Indigo achieve his dreams and continue helping wolves since he seemed so incredibly gifted in that area of his life.

Ulric Adravendi

Indigo

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
05-22-2021, 07:39 PM
Indigo was hesitant to bring his bright blue eyes back up to Ulric, but when he did there was surprise in the older man’s platinum gaze. Ulric was understanding, he proved that already. He had Resin’s trust, and so he had Indigo’s trust. That fact was made so much more real when he spoke again. Trust and understand, just as Indigo believed he would get Ulric provided. He was sweet, like he’d lived through what Indigo was going through now. ”Thank you, Ulric.” Indigo swallowed his emotions and stood tall, wanting to be worthy of the honor bestowed upon him. ”That means more than you know.” He added softly, humbled.

Ulric wasn’t done yet, he went on, speaking about their future as separate entities. Trade, assistance, and support. Resin really had chosen a good one to stand in her stead. He couldn’t describe how much he would miss being in his grandmother’s pack under her rule, but it was left in good paws. ”Of course, we’ll be able to go all over the world, I’ll have many herbs to trade.” He was still working on how they were going to transport them, but he was sure that part would come with time. ”I’m getting ahead of myself, I look forward to our relationship in the future, whatever it may be.”

Ulric

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player

1KCritical Hit!
05-24-2021, 05:15 PM
Ulric could see how much his agreement to the idea had meant to the younger man even before he spoke his thanks and he nodded, giving Indigo a warm smile. He knew what it felt like to be given a chance and it made him happy to be able to give that to someone else. He remembered how honored he had felt when Resin had invited him to The Hallows before it was even fully formed, offering him a chance to learn and study under her in hopes of building his own pack one day even without knowing him all that well. That moment had been a pivotal point for him and he hoped that perhaps when he eventually said goodbye to Indigo and his wolves that would be a similar moment for the Fatalis man.

He grinned when Indigo seemed to agree tot he idea of building a trading relationship between Indigo's band and The Hallows once they were off on their own and was happy to know that could be a possibility in the future. There had to be things in other parts of Auster or anywhere though Boreas that the healers couldn't get near here so knowing that Indigo's knowledge of healing would allow them to gather some rare herbs for trading down the line was exciting and interesting for their futures. "Wonderful. I'm looking forward to it as well."

He chuckled softly and got to his paws. "Well, I won't keep you for too long. I wouldn't want to keep you from your new recruit." There would be plenty of time and chances for them to talk further when he wasn't pulling him from his work. A thought crossed his mind and he looked back to Indigo before he could fully turn to leave. "Oh! I knew there was something I was forgetting. I'd like to take Artorias out to some of the other packs just as a quick greeting and to let them know that the pack has changed hands. Make sure our allies are still our allies and all that. It will probably take a week or two depending on how fast we travel. Would you mind holding down the fort here along with Tamsyn while we're gone? You could always have Gwynevere send her raven with a message if anything dire comes up."

Ulric Adravendi