gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
06-07-2021, 07:09 PM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2021, 03:28 PM by Indigo. Edited 1 time in total.)
Indigo was worried about Emersyn. Since their conversation when he woke up he worried about where she was going to go and how long she was going to last. If he could possibly tail her and jump in every time another was sent after her. He’d gone through so many scenarios and none of them felt right, were logical, or even possible. The closer he came to fully recovered the more nervous he felt about Emersyn’s departure. He had noticed how much time she spent with the other members of the little family he put together. Indigo wanted for Emersyn to join them, she deserved a place to be safe, and have other wolves that looked out of there. Indigo had put one wolf down for her, he would do so again. He couldn’t shake the thought of the two of them taking the next one down together.

He sighed softly, the rest of his bandages were removed, the stitches were long gone, and besides a few fresh scars he was as good as new. For a long moment he wondered if he could pretend he was still having trouble to stall for a bit more time, but he couldn’t stand being cooped up in here any longer. He’d have to confront her and try again to make her see reason.

Indy paced the hallway outside the suites, his thoughts deep as he waited for the warrioress to make her returned that afternoon. He tried to come up with some last minute arguments and continued to pace over the ancient rugs beneath his paws.

Warning: Indigo should be considered a Mature Character.

Emersyn

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Joe

1KPride - Demisexual
06-08-2021, 10:33 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2021, 12:52 AM by Emersyn. Edited 1 time in total.)

Emersyn had spent the day going out gathering herbs with Segin for the umpteenth time since she'd arrived in the Hallows. The little purple man was extremely therapeutic with his ceaseless optimism and genuinely good nature. Between him keeping her busy and distracted and her fighting lessons with Duchess, Em had come to find she had unintentionally carved her own little niche into the purple wolf family. Both Indigo and Segin had begged her to stay with them now, and while the decision had weighed heavy on her mind and kept her up at night, she knew she had made her decision already. She had been vehemently denying everyone out of fear for their safety and a blind effort to keep them safe, even if it was at the expense of her own life. At the very least she could do this one good, selfless act for someone other than herself...

But the more she thought about it and the longer she spent with the wolves, especially sweet little Segin, the more she came to accept that maybe, just maybe she had found her way here for a reason. What were the odds that she'd end up collapsing beside a river where big, strong Indigo just happened to be, and what were the odds he just so happened to save her life and need him to look after him? What were the chances she'd find all these other broken wolves so similar to her, ready to welcome her into a new family without hesitation?

Em sighed softly as she traipsed across the courtyard, the late afternoon sun throwing long, dark shadows around the open space, enjoying the feeling of cold cobblestone and soft grass between the toes of her paw that no longer bore any bandages, fresh claws growing in nicely. The day was hot and muggy, far too much so to be pleasant, so ducking into the cool corridors of the castle felt like a breath of fresh air. Her mind turned toward Indigo, to the big purple man who had saved her so selflessly. He was far too kind, far too altruistic to be real. She could learn a thing or two from him... Just as she was thinking about how he should be getting his bandages removed soon, she rounded a corner and there he was! The violet-hued dire wolf was pacing back and forth in front of her bedroom suite, a pensive expression on his face. Was he waiting for her?

"Indigo, hello. You look great!" she greeted him with an ecstatic smile. The bandages had been removed from his belly, and all that remained was the pink skin of a fresh scar with thin fur surrounding it as it grew back. She breathed a sigh of relief, heart feeling a ton lighter, so thankful things hadn't gone so much worse. "Were you looking for me for something?" She shot him a curious glance and tilt of her head as she walked up to her bedroom door, lingering beside it while she watched him with aqua-cobalt eyes.

"Emersyn"

Indigo

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (245)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
06-09-2021, 07:43 AM
His pacing didn’t cease, but it slowed as his mind ran through the conversations they might have whenever Emersyn returned to the castle. Indigo had been injured and on bed rest but that didn’t mean he missed watching her go out and gather herbs with Segin. He’d caught glimpses of her and Duchess practicing battle moves in the courtyard, and Em standing guard over Gypsy’s room. If she meant to or not Emersyn was finding her place with them. Indigo felt hi sheart warm at the sight, but that didn’t help the worry that remained. She wouldn’t see them hurt, she was going to go and get herself killed. Indigo grit his teeth as he turned once again and was greeted by Emersyn’s hard features.

He wouldn’t soon forget the gentle feeling of her caress over his fur as she soothed him after the fight. How she stood over his wounded form, silently watching and waiting for anything that might try and harm him. Indigo couldn’t bare the thought of her repeating the events that brought them together. Alone she would face certain death, she’d be run down until she couldn’t take another step, and unlike helpless prey her life would be taken senselessly.

Her smile caused his heart to skip a beat, he hadn’t seen such a bright expression on her face yet. Like Segin’s her joy was infectious, knowing someone so broken could smile so brightly warmed Indigo to his core and both increased and lessened the nervous worrying that was kindled in his chest. He knew he couldn’t let her go. ”And you as well, Emersyn.” He told her with a soft grin. He truly hadn’t seen her so bright or carefree. He was completely convinced she belonged with them. ”I was,” he answered simply as she lingered near the doorway. ”I’ve been given the all clear,” his voice was hesitant. ”I’m healed, so.. I wanted to revisit our conversation.” His voice was deep and quiet as his smile faltered. ”Emersyn, I want you to stay with us.”

Emersyn

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Joe

1KPride - Demisexual
06-09-2021, 04:22 PM

She supposed she should have expected Indigo to come find her to try and convince her again not to leave. The big sappy man had proven he was tenacious and caring, and when he set his mind to something he did not deviate from his course. Still, it was pretty touching to find him skulking around her room like a nervous adolescent trying to find the words to confess a crush. She shot him a crooked smirk with an intrigued raise of a brow. "Is that so?" she asked with a pensive hum in her voice. "I'm glad to hear you're fully recovered, Indigo. You had everyone worried to death, me especially." It had been no secret that Em blamed herself for what happened to Indigo. Seeing him standing on his own, no longer in pain, it lifted the grief and guilt from her heart. He told her he wanted her to stay with them. Told her, not ask. The same way Segin had done when he'd propositioned her.

"I see," said Emersyn, glancing down at the floor and away from the large, handsome purple wolf, pretending to be thinking it over. So he didn't know she had already agreed to stay. Segin must have kept his mouth shut about that. Well, she could have a little bit of fun with that. Turning her eyes back up to meet Indy's deep blue eyes as rich as beautifully faceted sapphires, she breathed a soft sigh and pushed open the door to her suite while trying to appear pensive and non-committal. "Come inside. I think we need to have a heart to heart." She had already agreed to stay, but she wanted to hear what Indy had to say. The poor guy had clearly been putting a lot of thought and effort into this and she didn't want to deflate him like that. Besides, she was curious about how he'd try to win over her mind.

Emersyn stepped into the suite, walking over to the fur rug in front of the unlit fireplace beside her bed and sat back on her haunches. She turned her duo-toned eyes back to her savior and company, patting the rug beside her. "Shut the door behind you," she requested. Although she was partially teasing him, she did mean it when she said they needed a heart to heart. If Emersyn was going to stay with them, Indigo needed to know exactly who she was and what she had endured. She couldn't put them in possible danger without them knowing how she had come to be. Once they were alone and left in the quiet of the suite, she cocked her head curiously and said, "You really want me to stay, don't you?" The volley had been served. How would Indigo send it back to her now, she wondered?

"Emersyn"

Indigo

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
06-10-2021, 05:40 PM
She was relieved that he had made a full recovery, with just some jagged scars to remember the incident by. She didn’t have to hold onto any lasting guilt, nor blame herself any longer. He was recovered, and wouldn’t be taken so unawares again. She almost looked ashamed of herself, uttering a quiet couple of words as she looked away from him. Indigo took the opportunity to avert his gaze as well. Of course he was nervous, if he couldn’t convince Emersyn she was going to be faced with certain death, he knew that and he couldn’t stand to live with that outcome when he could fight, and even better they could fight together.

He returned his attention back to her as she looked up and invited him inside, not giving him an immediate goodbye at the very least. He nodded slightly and followed her through the doorway. He turned to shut the door, giving them a much more private setting. He crossed the room and sat beside her, unable to ignore all she had done for them in the short time she had been here. Especially everything she did for him while he was injured, he couldn’t forget the way her paws traced through his mane and soothed him through the difficult moments when he was alone. She had been there.

”I couldn’t live with myself knowing...” He spoke softly, feeling awfully selfish even as the words left him. He couldn’t live with himself knowing at some point she would be faced with the same fate, downed in the mud with a bloodthirsty hunter at her throat. He looked down at his paws, despising the thought. ”Knowing there was a better outcome. Emersyn, please, will you stay with us?” Indigo asked, begged quietly, bringing his bright blue gaze back to her two toned eyes. He wanted her to know the second chance that she could pursue, maybe she was born to uncertain circumstances but she could carve her own future. She might not have believed in fate, but surely she could see the value in carving out her own destiny.

Emersyn

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Joe

1KPride - Demisexual
06-10-2021, 09:10 PM
Indigo really was too sweet for his own good. The man poured his heart forth, barely able to keep eye contact while he spoke what was on his mind. He couldn't live with himself if something happened to her. He cared—truly, genuinely cared. The sentiments confused Emersyn, especially since nobody had cared about her, not beyond her master who only saw her for her worth as an investment. But Indy, he just saw her. He saw her at her lowest and most dire and he still wanted to keep her around. He was the first and only wolf to treat her like a living being worth dignity and respect.

For a long, quiet moment after he finished speaking, Em held his gaze, gazing deep into those pools of blue that contained nothing but care and concern for her. They almost frightened her with how intense his emotions ran—emotions that she didn't understand how to handle. Nobody looked at her the way he did and it scared her, they scared her because she didn't know what to do with them. "Indigo..." she said with a sigh, looking away and shaking her head. She stared hard at the floor for a moment, her pupils dancing back and forth while she considered his words. Finally, she brought her aqua-cobalt eyes back to his and said, "You can call me Em. If we're going to be living together, you don't need to use my full name all the time."

A wry smirk crossed over her face and she gave him a wink. The teasing was us and the game was done. She'd put poor Indy through enough, and now he could relax, comforted by the knowledge that she wasn't going anywhere. "Segin beat you to the punch, actually. Wrapped himself around my legs like furry shackles so I couldn't leave and put on a hell of a guilt trip." She snickered as she thought of the smaller purple male all but clinging to her and begging her to stay. It had been a wildly effective tactic, especially after how everyone else had asked her to stay too. "Yes, Indigo, I'll stay with you and your family." A more genuine smile replaced her smirk, though there was still some guarded wariness in her eyes. It wasn't intentional, but Emersyn's past had taught her to be very wary and protect herself, especially around larger males. Even still, she was eager to see the big purple sweetheart's reaction to knowing she would be staying with him.

"Emersyn"

Indigo

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
06-11-2021, 07:15 AM
Holding her gaze was difficult even after he spoke, the tension was obvious in the way he held himself. His shoulders were rigid and his stomach in knots but he kept his gaze on her dual toned eyes. She repeated his name and dropped her eyes and for a long moment Indigo was forced again to think about what he was going to do if he had to watch her leave. To know as she disappeared into the horizon that he would never see her again, that someday somewhere she was going to get hunted down and destroyed, just like they had never met. He couldn’t drop his eyes from her, as she steeled herself and brought her gaze back up to him. Indigo met her eyes and silently pleaded for her to see logic, to stay with them where she would have a chance at a real life…

For a moment after she spoke again he didn’t even realize the reality that was placed before him. When he did accept her words he almost couldn’t handle the relief that cascaded over his shoulders and a huge sigh fell from his dark lips. ”Em,” his voice was much warmer as a smile collected on his features. The tension that had held tight to the atmosphere melted away and Indigo couldn’t help the grin on his features. He was willing and more to protect her in any way he could, he’d fight beside her for her right to a real life and to be in their misfit family.

Indigo chuckled softly as she told him it was actually Segin that had finally convinced her. Indy shouldn’t have been surprised, Segin really was the sweetest man that he had ever met. Those big beautiful silver eyes and his soft gentle soul that shone brighter than anyone despite everything he had been through. The man truly was a treasure and Indigo felt more blessed having him here with them. He sighed heavily, releasing the rest of the tension that held onto him as she fully admitted that she would stay with him and the family he had built, or had help building.

”Thank you,” he said softly, though he wanted her here for herself, he was still being selfish in a way. He didn’t want to spend the rest of his days wondering about what if. ”I promise I’ll be on better guard next time.” He told her, aware of what would happen now that she fully accepted the invitation. There would be more, and he would fight for her every time. ”You don’t have to tell me, obviously…” He started, again averting his gaze. ”Why are you being hunted so mercilessly?” If she could open up to him, he knew she deserved to see all that he was made of. Dark secrets and all.

Emersyn

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Joe

1KPride - Demisexual
06-11-2021, 10:14 PM
While she did feel just a little bad for teasing him, the relief that washed over Indigo's face and the smile he had at the end had made it all worth it. Humor and joking wasn't something she had ever gotten to do, but the more she used it, the more Em found she liked it. She also found she liked the way her name sounded in his voice, both the short and long versions of it. It had been so, so long since anybody had called her by her name, and something about the way Indigo spoke it made it feel all the more special. He thanked her, though really she felt like she should be thanking him. He had given her a new lease on life, an opportunity to create whatever she wanted her days to be. That sort of freedom was a gift no one had ever given her before, and now no one else could ever give her again.

She shook her head when he promised to be more on guard for her. "I don't want you to change a single thing for me, Indy," she said. Her eyes held his with a firm resolution. She didn't want any of their lives to be changed for the worse because of her. "When they come for me... If they come for me, we'll handle things together. Until then, I just want a piece of what your normal life is like. That would be enough." It would be more than enough. To have a normal life, a normal daily routine, not having to worry about fighting someone or being killed on a daily basis, no more scrounging for food or begging for water. Gods, it sounded like heaven!

Indigo then asked the dreaded question, the one she knew she would have to answer eventually if they were all going to be living together. Her stomach churned and her ears flattened to her head, tail beating anxiously against the rug. Her eyes averted downward and a paw began to run shyly up and down her foreleg. She had already told this story to Segin, so surely she could tell it to Indigo too, right? "I... I destroyed my owner's business," she admitted, though the implications of that reached much farther than the simple statement alluded to. In order for Indigo to truly understand the depths of her pain, she would have to start at the beginning.

"Do you remember the story I told you back by the river? Of the marble city by the sea?" She paused, allowing him to recall the story she'd told him to distract him while Iolaire had stitched him up. "That was where I was born. It was called the Kalamata Empire. The wolves that lived there were powerful, wealthy, influential over the land. I was born second in my parents' second litter, a total of five of us, plus my older brother and older sister, just two from their first littler." Emersyn slowly got to her paws, stepping over to the window to glance outside at the late evening sky over the plains. She briefly wondered about her siblings and if any of them were still alive. "For the first six months of my life, I lived in a dream. Everything I ever wanted was given to me. I lived in a house more akin to a palace, I slept in plush beds, I walked the marble streets and swam in the sea, I never went hungry." A whimsical smile touched her lips, but then like a ghost, vanished as storm clouds gathered in her eyes. By her presence here today, this story did not have a happy ending.

"When I turned six months, my father rounded us up... all except my two older siblings. He said he was taking us somewhere special, then loaded us into a wagon, and took us out of the city. He ended up bringing us to a slave market." Emersyn sat back on her haunches and turned to look at Indigo over her shoulder, trying to keep her emotions in check, but the forlorn look in her eyes betrayed the hurt she still felt. "The Kalamata Empire has only one law regarding breeding: a family may only ever have one son and one daughter. Any other pups must be disposed of somehow. I didn't discover all of this until later in my life, but I learned that me and my siblings had been an unwanted pregnancy for my parents, and they had always intended to sell us for money, since my older siblings were the ones they chose. She was stunningly beautiful and he was destined to become a great warrior... We were just burdens and commodities..."

Em shook her head with disgust and looked out the window again. "My siblings and I were sold off one by one. Three were bought to be servants to wealthy families, one I believe was sold into the sex trade, and I was bought by a wolf named Matalar," she explained, trying not to flinch from the bitter taste his name left on her tongue. "Matalar owned a gladiator team made entirely of slaves. He would throw them into fights and tournaments to win riches, then pamper himself and repeat the cycle. He bought me because I was the biggest and feistiest of my siblings. He took me to his training camp, and for the next six months he trained me ragged. Every day he pushed me more and more. Harder, stronger, faster, meaner, better... Nothing was good enough. The other pit fighters were just as hardened to the world because of him, so here I was, this little puppy given up by her family, all alone in a world that only wanted me to bleed."

"On my first birthday, he put me in my first real fight. I was scared, unprepared, but somehow I won. I fought for my very life, and I killed someone else in the process... The crowd loved it, and Matalar loved that I made him money. He rewarded me with a special dinner that night, and told me I would get more rewards if I did better. So I did. I trained nonstop and fought every chance I could so I could have fresher meat, a blanket to go with my bed, my own cell... They were pittance rewards, but they kept me alive. I kept getting better and better and winning more and more. Matalar called me 'his best investment'." She shuddered with disgust again as she recalled how he had smiled at her and caressed her cheek when he said those words. "I got very good at combat, I was able to detach myself and stop feeling anything. Killing became as normal as breathing because it was all I had. The other fighters, they became envious of me and resented me for the rewards I got, saying I was favored because I was the only woman fighter. I didn't care. I didn't need to be their friend."

"But what caused everything to fall apart was when Matalar entered us into a tournament with a huge prize. A team of six of us were signed up, and he promised whoever fought the best would receive anything their heart desired. My teammates, they must have decided they didn't want me getting anything else, because the night before our first fight, they plotted to cut me down to size so I could fail." This was it. This was the pivotal moment. Emersyn took a deep breath, her body trembling as she released it in a shaky sigh. "In the middle of the night, they attacked me..." She flinched, squeezing her eyes shut. Say it properly. Out loud. "They... They raped me... All five of them, over and over, taking turns while the others held me down and bit and beat me. I tried to fight back, I threatened, I begged, I cried, I screamed, but they just laughed and told me it's what I deserved for being master's little whore, and that my place as a woman was always to be beneath a man."

"I don't know how long they were at it for, it felt like hours. I just lay there afterwards, disgusted and horrified while they slept like they'd had the best fucking night of their lives. I couldn't sleep, I just wanted to tear off my skin and die." The pain and revolt on her face gave way to anger and shame. Indigo didn't need to worry about getting revenge on those wolves. Emersyn had already done so. "When we were led into the arena the next morning, I was broken. I couldn't think, I couldn't focus, I couldn't even hear the crowd. I was so disgusted and ashamed and betrayed. All I could think about what was the wolves standing next to me had done and said... Hell, I still fucking smelled like them... Something in me snapped, and before the fight began, I turned and started tearing into those bastards, one after the other, ripping them apart in front of everyone. I saw their looks of shock and horror, I listened to them scream as I eviscerated them until they ere barely recognizable as wolves."

Emersyn was trembling visibly now, her claws scratching at the stone floor while her tail jerked anxiously behind her. Her skin crawled every time she recounted that story and she could feel her stomach churning as she felt the phantom bodies still on top of her whenever she lay down. "Matalar was furious with me. I had killed his five best fighters, cost him what he bought them for, and lost him that prize money. He said I 'destroyed his entire business with my stupidity', and that I should've just taken what they'd done to me and forget it." The fucking prick... If she ever saw him again, she'd feed him his own entrails. "I told him I didn't care, that all I wanted to do was run away and die. Unfortunately for me, Matalar is a cruel and vindictive man, because he gave me exactly what I asked for. Late one night, he opened my cell and told the other fighters that whichever one hunted me down and killed me would get their freedom. Then he smiled at me and told me to run away and die, just like I wanted."

With her story told, Em hung her head and took a few deep breaths to steady herself. She had to really focus on the quiet of the castle to remind herself that she was safe here, there was no danger here. Duo-toned eyes eventually opened to look back up at Indigo, already anticipating the look of horror or contempt on his face for her. She expected it; it was what she felt for herself, so why wouldn't he feel it too? "That was a season ago now. I've been running since then. Part of me thinks I'll be running for the rest of my life. Matalar holds a grudge like no one else, and he won't rest until he's gotten his payback and I'm dead."

"Emersyn"

Indigo

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
06-15-2021, 11:43 AM (This post was last modified: 06-15-2021, 11:44 AM by Indigo. Edited 1 time in total.)
For another few moments the pair of them were both carefree, he felt a great relief and Emersyn had a better life to look forward to. Life to look forward to. Her time of running was over and he reveled in her relief almost as much as he did. That was all he wanted was for her to accept the chance to make life what she wanted of it instead of facing certain doom. Her master’s last command would not be met out. Her smile was worth every moment he had to endure any wounds he’d received from that hunter, and now he knew he’d never be fighting alone. She did dissuade him like he hadn't expected, Em didn’t want him to change anything. He was definitely going to work on himself, more training because he was determined not to let anyone get the better of him like the hunter had. Of course now he had Emersyn to watch his back, that fact was a great comfort. Indigo knew she was going to fit in well.

”It’s yours,” He affirmed softly. Normal life as far as their future in a traveling band anyway. Being on the move constantly would help deter trackers and spies. It wouldn’t take too long before the pit fighter knew what he had done to the hunter sent after Emersyn. They’d be back, more likely than not but there was a chance he would give up. They wouldn’t dwell on the future for long, they needed to speak about the past if they were going to go forward. The band was quickly becoming like a hodge podge little family, it was something Indigo never expected but knew he and the rest of the wolves were better for it.

Before she even started to speak Emersyn’s demeanor changed considerably. She sunk inwards, ears falling just as her eyes did. Like she was ashamed. Indigo scooted a little closer and placed the bridge of his nose under her jaw to lift her head just a little bit. His sapphire eyes understanding as she continued her first tale. She started at the very beginning of her story, a beautiful beginning with a dark turn while she was still but a child. Sold by her own parents, she and her siblings faced terrible fates. Indigo remained silent, listening through her trials, sorrows, victories, and ultimately her final downfall.

Listening to what she had been through tore him from the inside but he did his best to hold himself stoic as he offered silent support and listened to her story. His violet marked tail curled around her hips as she began the harrowing fight, alone and overwhelmed she succumbed to great trauma. The hackles along his neck rose involuntarily as she told him the harrowing tale, but he shared in her victory when she spoke of relieving them all of their filthy lives. She started to tremble, and he leaned against her supportively as she relived the horrors perpetrated upon her. Indigo couldn’t do anything but be a shoulder to lean on as she continued.

Her former master would hold a grudge until he ruined himself and died, but that was another reason Indigo wanted her to stay, she would have the support of him and the rest of the band. If they came in ones and twos she would never have to worry again. If his business was ruined there were only so many more resources that he could throw at them. Indigo was ready to make that commitment. ”Then he can die exhausted because he’s never going to get his wish.” Indigo promised her as he reached down to lift her head again. He promised to fight beside her and help shoulder the weight resting on her shoulders. ”You don’t have to run anymore.”

Indigo Arcturus Fatalis

Emersyn

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Joe

1KPride - Demisexual
06-16-2021, 03:14 PM
Throughout her confessions, Em had been terrified of Indigo's reaction. She had no reason to suspect the gentle giant wolf would be anything but supportive, but would he still want her around when he found out the reason behind the hunters chasing her down? Would he still think she was valuable when he found out how broken she truly was? It wasn't the reaction she was most afraid of, but the crushing of her hopes, to have him turn her away back to her solitude when she had just begun to feel like she'd found where she could belong. All her life she'd been the outcast, the unwanted, the worthless. Indigo made her feel like she was something special. Having that feeling torn away might as well kill her for all the pain it would cause.

But despite her fears, Indigo did nothing but offer her kindness, support, a shoulder to lean on. He gently guided her head up until her gaze met his, seeing tender empathy and warmth in those cool blue eyes. When he swore to protect her from Matalar and that she never had to run again, Em could have cried. In fact, she did. Crystalline tears formed in the corners of her eyes, and unable to blink them back, the dusty purple fae let them drip down her cheeks. Her head flopped forward to rest against Indy's chest, trying her hardest to hold herself together while the roiling emotions threatened to overwhelm her. Her body shook with silent sobs, purging all the pain and negativity out of her soul. How weak was she, that a simple show of kindness and compassion could break her down and bring her to her knees? He must have thought she looked so foolish right now—she definitely felt it for herself.

"Thank you..." she whispered against his fur once she had control of her shaky breathing again. The words didn't feel like enough though. Would she ever be able to show Indigo how grateful she was for all he was offering her, for how he was changing her life like it was no effort at all? "Wherever you go, you'll have me. I swear it. From this day on, I'm yours." She looked back up into those rich sapphires in his handsome face. She swallowed back the emotion, managing a small smile amidst serious, tear-blurred eyes. "I mean it." She would stay with him and with her new family for the rest of her days. She would protect them with her life, offer whatever her broken soul could. Emersyn belonged with them—but more so, she owed her life to Indigo.

"Emersyn"

Indigo

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
06-16-2021, 08:07 PM
As he lifted her chin and vowed similar words that he had said to the rest of the band he saw tears form in Emersyn’s dual toned gaze. He offered a knowing smile, and aimed to gently lick the tears that fell down her cheeks before she buried herself into his chest. Indigo didn’t even have to think, one huge arm wrapped around her shoulders as he held onto her. She had seen so much horror. He wanted to see in her what he saw in Segin or Duchess or even Gypsy now. He wanted her smile, he wanted her to live life like she was free, because she was now. She shook lightly with the sobs of the emotions she had never been able to truly feel. Indigo wrapped his head around her and squeezed her lightly, a silent promise he was here, she could release whatever she needed onto him.

Em eventually spoke, her voice was uncertain but he could feel the appreciation in her statement. Even through his thick fur. He smiled softly and held her tight for as long as she let him. Then she made her own vow. Indigo lifted his head as she pulled back, her brilliant eyes finding his as she gave her loyalty up to him. Relief and a feeling akin to adoration filled him, the feeling caused his chest to swell and his throat to tighten as he thought about the woman who had guarded him for all those days when he was wavering in consciousness as his body recovered. How devoted she had been even then, and Indigo knew she belonged. With him and with the band.

”I’ll keep you,” he told her with a soft grin as he leaned forward and aimed to kiss the top of her head. ”You belong with us, my type or not.” He teased her as his sapphire gaze met her brilliant heterochromatic eyes. Indigo smiled, even if she shed her tears Indigo felt like they were on the right track, like they had stepped onto the right path together. And it felt so good.

Indigo Arcturus Fatalis

Emersyn

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Joe

1KPride - Demisexual
06-17-2021, 01:06 AM
Despite knowing she was safe and sheltered here with Indigo, the moment the larger brute wrapped a paw around her, Em's body reflexively went tense, her breathing coming to a halt with a quiet gasp of fear. Every nerve in her body snapped to life as alarm bells blared in her head. Her eyes closed to try and block out the horrific images flashing through her mind while Indigo leaned in closer and began to gingerly lick the tears from her face. His actions were so gentle, so soothing, but Em was still on the verge of hyperventilating as her body reacted to a phantom threat from her past. She sucked in a deep breath, filling her senses with Indigo to remind herself of where she was, and as his scent filled her nose the faces of her rapists began to disappear into the ether.

Emersyn trembled gently in his embrace, blinking open scared eyes and finding only rich violet fur while he cradled her against him, his head curled around her to protect her and shield her from the world. She swallowed down the lump in her throat and struggled to breathe without each inhale rasping or shaking. It was a primal sort of panic, her body's natural response to the larger male surrounding her. She didn't resist when he placed a soft kiss on her forehead, making her heart race, though whether it was out of terror or something else was impossible to discern. His comment about her being his type or not drew a weak laugh from her, a few more tears spilling from her eyes as her soul drained itself of pain and fear. It felt so cathartic and good, but she still felt like such an idiot for reacting to Indigo like he was one of her attackers when he couldn't be farther from them.

"I-I'm sorry," she apologized once she had gotten control of her faculties again, wiping her paw across her eyes and looking back into his deep blues. "I... No one's gotten close or touched me like that since..." She didn't finish her thought; she didn't need to. The implication was filled in with the story she had told him. "It's not you, I swear. It's me," she hurried to reassure him, her ears folded to her head as she looked up at him with a mixture of embarrassment and shame. "I'm just... broken..." Em hadn't realized how badly the gang rape had effected her mentally until she'd been in Indigo's embrace. All at once, everything had come back and the pain felt raw and terrifying. She couldn't explain why, she just had to make sure he knew it wasn't his fault. It was hers.

"Emersyn"

Indigo

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
06-17-2021, 06:18 PM (This post was last modified: 06-17-2021, 06:18 PM by Indigo. Edited 1 time in total.)
In any other moment Indigo would have released Emersyn and backed away as soon as he felt her tense underneath his embrace. He found comfort in affection and being close, but that wasn’t the case even amongst the wolves he cared for. Em didn’t pull away from him though, and despite the tenseness and fera in her body he didn’t release his gentle hold. She knew he wasn’t going to hurt her, she didn’t fight or seek escape. The emotions just flowed, heavily and freely from the once slave’s soul. Still he held her and accepted her tears and every other emotion she struggled with there in his arms.

His attempt at comic relief didn’t go over as well as he hoped as Em forced a laugh as she broke down further, tears spilling from dual toned eyes as she relieved everything. If she let him Indigo would hold her a little closer, doing what he could as he was both comfort and terror. When she apologized into his fur Indigo released his hold enough that he could meet her cobalt and aqua eyes. She explained what was going on but she didn’t need to. He heard her story, the reaction reminded him of both Duch and Gypsy before he had fully earned their trust.

”You don’t have to be sorry or explain yourself.” Indigo assured her in exchange and his dark lips curled up into a supportive smile. ”I won’t judge you. We’re all a little broken.” He admitted as his grin faded and he dropped his gaze. He closed his eyes and lifted one massive paw to his chest as he was reminded of the gaping hole just beneath the surface. It would never be filled, this he knew. He took in a labored breath as the feeling of pain followed the emptiness he felt. Indy saw Aslatiel’s familiar features in his mind’s eye, and he summoned his love for her and felt all too sharply her absence.

Indigo sighed softly and blinked black his blue gaze as he looked back to Emersyn. ”Or Incomplete.” He followed up as he swallowed the lump that formed in his own throat.

Indigo Arcturus Fatalis

Emersyn

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Joe

1KPride - Demisexual
06-17-2021, 11:26 PM
Emersyn appreciated how gentle and slowly Indigo was taking everything with her. He wasn't pushing her out of her comfort zone, nor was he being pushy with his comforts and affections. Although her body still reacted volatile and defensive to being so swaddled in a larger male's body, her mind knew better than to think Indigo would ever want to hurt her. He was such a big, tender sweetheart, and if there was anyone who was going to soothe her through her trauma, it would be Indy. The dire wolf didn't release his hold on her, keeping her wrapped up in the tight and secure embrace he had surrounded her in. Nothing could get to her here. But she also couldn't get away from him either. Her body protested; her mind reveled. Indigo's rich, masculine scent filled her nose in their close proximity, the warmth of his body threatening to sear her alive, and the sheer strength in his heavily muscled form thrilled and terrified her.

Indigo offered her a comforting smile and told her she had nothing to apologize for, that he would never judge her. Gods dammit, why did he have to be so sweet and empathetic? It just made her feel all the worse for reacting to him like he had any ill intentions in his body. Indigo was literally the polar opposite from the pieces of shit that had raped her, and yet her body didn't know the difference. Her baser instincts only recognized a large brute surrounding her and her body panicked. He didn't deserve to be treated like that, not when he was being so loving and supportive. Gods, she wished she could just flip a switch and fix herself...

Curious eyes followed Indy's paw as it covered his heart while he mentioned being broken, or in his case, incomplete. Em didn't understand the specifics, but she understood the meaning. Someone had hurt Indigo, or had taken his heart from him. Someone who hadn't returned the feelings—or couldn't return them. She peered back up at him until their eyes met. Holding his gaze with a determined gleam in those dual-toned eyes, Em lifted a paw and gently slipped it underneath his so he was now holding her paw against his chest. She could feel his powerful heart beating just beneath her paw pads, eyes leaving his only for a moment to gaze at their overlapping paws on his chest.

"Why are you incomplete?" she asked after a few long, peaceful moments of quiet together. She searched his eyes for any clues or hints. He had learned so much about her today, now she felt like she should know more about her savior.

"Emersyn"

Indigo

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
06-18-2021, 07:52 PM
Indigo didn’t want to cause her distress, he knew it wasn’t him but the reminder of what she was forced to go through and endure. There was nothing to be disappointed or hurt about, she couldn’t help her reaction and he wouldn’t begin to blame her. If she wanted his affection she would have it, but if she wasn’t ready Indigo wouldn’t try and push. He wanted her to be comfortable and he wanted her to find happiness, however that best suited her. She knew he would never harm her, but her instincts were more difficult to convince. Indigo knew by now that time was the greatest healer. Even if she was never truly comfortable in his embrace he would still be here at her side to support her.

As she would be there for him. Her vow would not become forgotten but more than that she showed him in her actions as she slipped her paw beneath his own there against his chest. Indigo blinked open his eyes, but held her paw tightly in his own. There was silence between them, the unspoken words so loud as Indigo struggled internally with the deep hole opened in his chest. He wondered if she could feel the strength of it with the way her skin touched his. The feeling crept over his skin and into his bones. Like a hopeless yearning. Every cell in his body ached for Aslatiel, and most of the time the call was subdued, but he felt it strongly as he opened up to Emersyn.

Indigo expected the question she asked. He almost balked, but he couldn’t keep it from her. Not after everything she told him. Her dual toned gaze lifted again to his sapphire eyes. Segin had been easy to tell, maybe that was why they were so quick to find affection for each other, they were so similar. He hesitated, finding himself nervous to see the reaction in her features to the truth that lay deep down. Her averted his gaze and spoke softly. ”My soulmate is my sister, Aslatiel.” Saying her name brought atremble to his jaw and his eyes misted.

”Our father forbid us from being together. My heart resides with her.” Indigo explained briefly before his throat tightened. His heart rate had increased, and he was reluctant to look back into Emersyn’s gaze for fear of what he might find there. What would she think of him?

Indigo Arcturus Fatalis

Emersyn

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Joe

1KPride - Demisexual
06-18-2021, 11:17 PM
The way he looked at her, the way he held her paw against his chest and then averted his eyes, Indigo almost seemed ashamed of the answer she sought. Her brows creased with confusion, though it wouldn't last long as Indigo began to speak the pain that was on his mind and in his heart and soul. He confessed the incestuous love he held for his sister, a wolf named Aslatiel. She was his soulmate, the only wolf who would ever hold his heart. She saw the way his eyes filled with liquid crystals, nor did she miss the quiver his jaw made when he spoke. He explained how their father forbade their relationship, and suddenly it was becoming more clear why Indigo was living in this pack without any of his family. Had he been exiled, or simply left on his own accord to put space between him and his problem?

Emersyn's heart broke for the giant soft-hearted brute. She had never known love, incestuous or otherwise, never felt those soft first touches of the greatest evil in life, so her empathy could only go so far in that regard. But she was intimately familiar with pain and longing. It was what she recognized in his eyes and on his face right now. Whether she understood his sentiments or not was irrelevant. Who was she to judge anyway? Their acts and emotions hurt nobody and should matter to no one besides them. What mattered was that Indigo was hurt and broken, just like she was—and just like he had told her weeks ago when he'd been healing. At first, Em hadn't believed him. Now she understood; now she knew what he had meant.

He still hadn't looked back at her yet even though he had finished speaking. Em was a little taken aback by Indigo's sudden timidity. This had been the wolf that had hurled himself almost to his death to defend her and now he couldn't even look her in the eye? A frown pulled at her lips while she scratched gentle claws against his chest to try and get his attention. She would have physically taken his face in her paws and moved his head til he was looking at her, but with the way he was holding her paw still, that was an impossibility. Once he did finally look back, Em leaned up to close the gap between them and gently pressed her nose to his. It was a simple show of affection, but for the wolf that had been starved of it all her life and had trauma of physical affection, it was a powerful gesture. Trust, comfort, love—all things Emersyn did not give out freely or easily, they all belonged to him now.

"I don't need you to give me your heart or your soul, Indigo. Aslatiel can keep them," she said, her voice calm yet resolute. "You've already given me more than anyone else has. I could never ask for more from you. All that you've given me, and whatever you continue to give, know that it's more than I deserve, and more than enough for me." A gentle smile curled Em's lips upward while she brought her free paw up to carefully and gingerly touch Indigo's cheek, feeling his soft royal fur between her paw pads. "She'd better not ever hurt you though, or she's gonna have a very mad pack of purple wolves after her." Now it was her turn to try and return some of that comedic relief back to soothe his soul and ease his tensions.

"Emersyn"

Indigo

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
06-19-2021, 05:14 AM
He felt her gently press her claws into his chest as he refused to look back up to her dual toned eyes. He channeled his strength, knowing that if she was disgusted with him, like his father had been, she would have pulled away. She would have taken her paw and run from him. Indigo brought his sapphire gaze back to her sweet features. He nearly cried when he looked back, from relief from appreciation, he wasn’t sure. He was just completely overwhelmed when she closed the distance, pushing her nose against his in the most supportive way she could. There was no judgement there, just understanding and support.

The relief he felt was intense, it didn’t drown the warring feeling within, but then again nothing really could. Emersyn offered up everything for him though, he knew she had been through some terrible times but here she was offering her affection. ”Em,” he whispered softly as she began to speak, her words were reinforcing her actions, but her nose against his said everything she ever needed to. Indigo loved Aslatiel before they were born, they were two parts of the same whole. He felt her distance keenly, but the band he was forming helped, they were a patch work over the holes inside of him.

Emersyn was so much softer towards him than she had been during his recovery, she was coming to trust him and the band they surrounded themselves with. She was blossoming and becoming the wolf she was always meant to be. Indigo knew she wasn’t meant to be a pit fighter, he could see so much more in her beautiful dual toned gaze than violence. She was an accomplished warrior, and she deserved so much more than what she was given in life, and he knew that she would flourish with her freedom.

Her understanding was more than he felt he deserved, from any of the wolves he now called his family. But here she was, her words confident and certain. No matter what he gave her, it was already much more than enough. Indigo squeezed his eyes shut as the emotions caught up with him yet again. He blinked open his teary eyes as she placed her paw at his cheek and he leaned into her affection as his own second arm wrapped carefully around her shoulder. He was afraid to hold her too tight or press too hard. She’d already given him so much in the last few moments.

Despite his emotions he chuckled softly as she brought her own attempt at amusement, vowing that if Asla hurt him, there would be hell to pay from all of them. He tried not to think about how the inverse was equally true. ”Thank you, Emersyn” He muttered softly, their lips almost brushing with how close they were. He sighed softly, feeling the emotions build again. ”Your support, it means so much more than I could ever describe.” He admitted to her quietly as he aimed to hold her a little tighter to his chest, but he was just as ready to release his grip if she became uncomfortable again. He’d already pressured her too much today.

Indigo Arcturus Fatalis

Emersyn

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Joe

1KPride - Demisexual
06-19-2021, 04:07 PM
Just seeing the emotion she was dredging up from Indigo's soul felt strange, but it also came so easily. Being kind back to the gentle giant that had saved her and given her a new lease on life felt as natural as breathing. Existing was easy with him; he didn't expect her to be anything other than who she wanted to be. When she had been a pup, she'd been expected to be a princess, regal and well mannered. As a slave, she was expected to be quiet and obedient. As a fighter, she was required to be brutal and vicious. But all Indy asked of her was to be herself. Em had been so many things in her life that finding her natural self was a challenge. It would take some time, but step by step she was learning how to let her true self out, all thanks to the man whose arms she was now wrapped up in.

A tender paw stroked over his cheek just below his eye, wiping away the tears welling up there. "You don't need to thank me," she replied, offering him a soft smile. "But you're welcome all the same." Emersyn didn't resist when Indigo wrapped his second foreleg around her and brought her tighter into his chest. Her heart skipped another beat—though out of fear or something else, she couldn't tell. She ignored her racing pulse and the panic threatening to choke her, focusing on keeping her breathing slow and even while she buried her face into his broad chest and thick fur. She was safe. Indigo was safe. She would have to get over this one way or another. Exposure to the gentleness and sweetness of Indigo was the only way she'd be able to heal and recover from her trauma. Segin had helped a lot, but the smaller male could only do so much. Her fear came from Indy's size and strength. She would have to learn to embrace and welcome that from him.

Black paws gripped at the fur on his chest, holding herself to him while she nuzzled into him, taking a long, slow breath of his scent. He was warm and strong and protective, and everything about him felt like home. "It's the least I could do for all you've done for me," she murmured quietly against his skin. Her eyes slowly closed, letting darkness take her sight while she focused only on his touch, his warmth, his strength, his presence. Her heart continued to pound like crazy against her chest and her nerves felt electrified and on high alert, but she wasn't fighting or struggling against him. It was progress. Slow, but steady. "Thank you for bringing me back to life..." She let Indigo hold her for as long as he wanted. She liked the way she felt in his arms, and it seemed like he needed someone to hold him back as well. She'd be whatever he needed from her from this day on.

"Emersyn"

Indigo

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
06-21-2021, 06:40 AM
He wouldn’t let her go for as long as she would allow him to hills he there in the quiet bedroom on her collection of soft furs. Indigo had been alone with her before, but this was sweeter and quieter. Holding onto her like this he truly felt her comfort and support, they were close and they were bearing their hearts. It was easy to feel like their relationship was truly taking leaps and bounds. She knew his deepest secrets and what caused him the most pain. He was given a glimpse into her history and the terrible life that she had suffered. They were closer now than when he had found her outside the door only a little while before. In more ways than knowing their histories. She was still tense, he could feel the way her body rejected his affections, but she didn’t resist. Emersyn didn’t struggle and she didn’t try to get away from him. Indigo would release her at a moments notice of discomfort but right now she felt perfect against his chest.

”I know, but I want you to know how grateful I am.” She was no stranger anymore. They revealed each other’s pasts and knew each other better for it. He could feel how much she cared about him just from the simple yet profound affections she offered. He felt the same way. He knew she was making progress recovering in the way she held onto him, he could feel her dark paws curl into the thick fur on his chest and she buried her features into his mane like he could hide her from all of the world’s problems. For a few moments or for tonight, it was just the two of them. Nothing could harm them and nothing could disturb them.

He held her gently, tracing one huge paws down the back of her neck as he clung to her like his life depended on it. The black hole of his heart spun, swirled, and sucked the life from him. Only the wonderful wolves he was building his own family from kept him from spiraling down the drain that ripped at his spirit. ”Thank you for bringing me back to life,” the words were familiar. Segin and Gypsy both were on death’s door, much like Emersyn when they met. She would be dead by now if he hadn’t come across her at the exact right time. How much of the credit was owed to him though? He had only really seen one option when the hunter came for her. Indigo couldn’t have lived with himself if he had watched her die.

”You don’t have to thank me.” He echoed her own words back to her, but he carefully nuzzled against her ear, he knew she was thankful, just as he was to her. ”Just seeing you smile…” after everything she had been forced through. ”That makes it all worth it.” The pain, the recovery, everything. Just being able to have her here in his arms, and having seen her grin. He’d take on hundreds more hunters for her, just to enjoy her smile. ”Can I stay here with you tonight?” He asked her hesitantly, a soft whisper as he kept his muzzle by her ear and held her tightly in his embrace.

Indigo Arcturus Fatalis

Emersyn

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Joe

1KPride - Demisexual
06-21-2021, 05:43 PM
Everything about Indigo felt comforting. His voice, his scent, his softness, his strength, his warmth... It was as if he had been created to comfort and heal, and perhaps he was. Thinking on all the wolves he had brought together and saved from whatever demons pursued them... Indigo was a safe harbor in a hurricane of a world. He touched her and treated her with such care and gentleness like she were a fragile and priceless treasure. It was the first time Em had every felt like she had any worth. He brought about a racing heartbeat and these strange feminine feelings she'd never experienced before. Life had made her cold and hard, but Indigo made her soften up and let herself just be and feel.

While she clung to him, lost in the darkness of closed eyes, Emersyn felt hypersensitive in Indy's hold. The sensation of one large paw running slowly down the back of her neck made her heart skip a beat, her breath slipping past her lips in a quivering exhale. Static tingled beneath her skin where he touched or nuzzled her. It was a sensation entirely unfamiliar to her. She could feel his breath against her delicate ear, feel each word he whispered against it, speaking as if the rest of the world were trying to intrude in their lives. He asked to stay with her tonight. Emersyn could hear the hesitance in his voice; he was trying so carefully to navigate her and be respectful of boundaries. It was so refreshing to feel like she had a say in anything, a choice she could make. If she asked, she knew Indigo would leave without protest. She could be alone again in the blink of an eye. All she had to do was say the word.

But she didn't want that—not at all.

Em slowly nuzzled her snout through his thick mane, feeling the sea of purple fur part for her as she brought her muzzle up to rest softly against his throat, just beneath his jaw. "I'd like that," she whispered back. Something inside her told her that Duchess probably wouldn't be too happy about that, but in this moment Em couldn't bring herself to care. Being with Indigo felt cathartic, like she was breaking down the cage she'd stuffed her emotions in for years. It felt too good to just let it stop now. Her heart was still racing, rushing adrenaline and endorphins through her system. She wasn't prepared to let Indy stop what he was doing to her or let the feelings go away. Not yet.

Reluctantly pulling back from his body, Emersyn peered up into his eyes with emotions so radically new to her she didn't know how to name them shining in her heterochromatic gaze. A quick glance out the window confirmed that the sun had finished setting sometime during their conversation, leaving the world in the dark privacy of night. She slowly slid out of his embrace, already missing the warmth and feel of his powerful forelegs keeping her held to him, giving him a small smile and beckoning eyes while she sauntered over to the large four-poster bed and climbed up onto the old mattress blanketed with swaths of furs and linens. No words were uttered or spoken, her body language speaking for her while she settled down onto the bed, waiting for him to come and join her in the comfort of the bed.

"Emersyn"