An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Chrono

Pride - BisexualAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2HomebodyIce Bridge Explorer
ExplorerMammoth HunterWordy1K
06-15-2021, 03:54 PM

Cosette's absence had been a little worrisome to Duchess, but over time she had put to rest that maybe Cosette needed her time alone. When she came back, Duchess was at least relieved that she was okay but things hadn't really settled between them. Indigo had gained numbers, a lot had happened between Duchess and Indigo in that time. So she could understand a little now why Cosette may not have been comfortable around the group of them.

Duchess didn't want her to feel that way though. She may have had her own personal fears, resentments she buried under her. But she did want them all to feel whole with each other. All of Indigo's misfits she wanted to feel like a family. They were all welcome in the arms of each other, she was sure the rest of the band could agree.

As the evening became later, she moved out into the plains in search of Cosette. She was starting to feel on edge about her time alone and she didn't want her to feel outcasted or pressured, but she figured it was time to consult with her. She moved along the river at first, until she caught her scent and started to follow it.

"Duchess"

Duchess is an !M rated! character for themes of Depression. Please Discord me if you have concerns.

Cosette

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vasilia

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
06-17-2021, 02:01 PM

Heart made of glass, my mind of stone
Tear me to pieces, skin to bone

Things had changed so quickly, it seemed. It wasn’t so long ago that it was just her and Indigo, with her perched on his neck as the picked out a room together, and then in the blink of an eye there was someone else and through no fault of Indigo or Duchess, Cosette suddenly found herself on the outside looking in. Just as she began to get used to the idea of sharing him, his little group suddenly exploded and now she didn’t even know how many others there were. She didn’t know all their names but every time she caught a glimpse of her friend it seemed like he was with a new violet hued wolf. She knew he wasn’t replacing her, but the insecurity was hard to shake and she felt like she didn’t quite fit among them all. Her childhood consisted of her being compared to her sisters relentlessly, and it was made clear to her time and time again that she had not been wanted. She would never be loved the way the rest of them were. Holding herself apart made the pain she felt at losing the constant comfort she’d felt with Indy her own fault, rather than anyone else’s. It was better if she was in control, even if her actions were only making things worse.

As she crept back into the pack lands after another long and stressful day with her mother, she noticed a familiar figure moving towards her. Cosette stopped in her tracks, unsure if Duchess’ approach was intentional or a coincidence. None of Indigo’s other companions had sought her out before, and she had never done so herself either. She was glad that Indigo seemed so happy with all of them, and adding numbers to his little group would be even better for the band he planned to start. Knowing that made her feel even more guilty for the jealous pangs in her chest when she saw how close they all were. Her toes flexed, digging her claws into the ground as her anxiety grew. Her conflicting emotions were complicated and confusing and she could only hope that if the other purple woman did intend to talk to her that it would help her sort through some of those feelings.

"Speech" || Thoughts

Duchess

Loner

Master Hunter (255)

Master Navigator (240)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Chrono

Pride - BisexualAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2HomebodyIce Bridge Explorer
06-18-2021, 06:05 PM
Duchess didn't know anything about Cosette's past. She didn't know about the mother she was seeing now, the expectations she may have had of herself towards Indigo or the others. But still, Duchess felt like she should be a part of the family. She should feel that way. Cosette may not have known the others very well and visa versa, but they were all so welcoming. Duchess at least knew that Cosette was Indigo's first find, even if the others didn't.

She came face to face with her with a nod of greeting, her eyes soft for the girl she wished she could draw in and be closer to. Being friends with Gypsy came so easy, but maybe that was because Gypsy needed someone to care for her. Cosette seemed a lot more capable, especially with the time apart from Indigo now. "Are you doing well, Cosette?" She was genuine in her care, even if they hadn't spoken much before, "I've been worried about you." The scent of other wolves she hinted on her, Duchess had a keen nose from her practice in hunting. It was how she knew the darker things of Indigo that she refused to address. But she wasn't one to come straight forward about things Cosette may not have wanted to talk about. She knew the feeling herself too well.

"Duchess"

Duchess is an !M rated! character for themes of Depression. Please Discord me if you have concerns.

Cosette

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vasilia

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
07-06-2021, 05:49 PM

Heart made of glass, my mind of stone
Tear me to pieces, skin to bone

As the other woman approached, Cosette tried to stay as still as possible, finding it difficult to not anxiously shift her paws on the ground. She didn’t know what to expect. Would the others think she was standoffish and rude for having separated herself? Were they glad there was one less wolf to share Indigo with? There were a million possibilities running through her head, but the reality of what Duchess was asking was not one of them. It caught her off guard and she blinked in surprise.

Her mouth opened as though to answer, but she couldn’t even begin to process a response at first. Her lips moved for a moment as though she were trying to force words out until, finally, she was able to speak. "You were… Worried?" The first question about how Cosette was doing would have been easier to answer, but it was all but forgotten with the statement that was made. She figured Indigo might have worried, but she had always figured that she never even crossed the minds of the rest of the purple wolves that Indigo had gathered. "I’m sorry… I never meant to worry anyone. Ah, I’m fine, though." She stumbled on the words, feeling awkward saying them aloud.

"Speech" || Thoughts

Duchess

Loner

Master Hunter (255)

Master Navigator (240)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Chrono

07-12-2021, 08:34 PM
She didn't tend to speak for Indigo, but she knew he was worried too. Cosette at least didn't appear to be like the rest of them. Though Duchess had her own insecurities that even Indigo didn't know about.

"That's okay." She started back with a smile, stepping closer to her but not wanting to seem too pushy. It was starting to get late, but that was really why she was out here anyway. Cosette not sleeping in Indigo's room, the one that they had actually picked out together, it did make Duchess worry. Because she didn't want any of the band to be sleeping out on their own, especially with the rest of them so close. "We don't have to go back inside tonight." She was almost inviting herself to stay with Cosette. She was really sacrificing her special time with Indigo to come out here and intend to stay with her. But Cosette was important to Indigo just like any of the others, so Duchess did feel like she needed to help or guide her into a better direction or what she believed was better.

"Duchess"