An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Snake EyesThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Double MasterIce Bridge ExplorerMammoth Hunter
Pride - Gay1K
06-19-2021, 11:31 AM

Úlfr returned to Fireside territory after his journey north with an idea in his head. He really enjoyed traveling and was eager to start carving out his own path. He knew of Sparrow and her pirates and decided he'd like to join them but before he did he wanted to speak with his mothers and get their blessing. Úlfr didn't know what he'd do if they said no. He'd just have to cross that bridge when he came to it. Úlfr settled down in the range and tipped back his head to call for Valdís and Ásvor. In the trees nearby his ravens settled to await the older warriors. Úlfr had naturally spoken with his companions as well and they were eager to try the pirate life and get to raiding.

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - LesbianBeeventVolcano
06-23-2021, 06:34 PM
Ásvor knew that Úlfr had gone off on his own for awhile, which wasn't a huge surprise considering who his parents were. Only into her adulthood had she herself settled down, choosing a nomadic life for herself until she settled down with her wife. Even then she hadn't been entirely sure if pack life was meant for her but she'd grown accustomed to it and her desire to stay with Valdis outweighed the rest. Either way she understood his desire to wander, though she was glad when he returned again and called for her. His voice traveled across the Range and she hurried to meet him as quickly as her paws would carry her, grateful for the warmer days these lands were beginning to experience. She offered her son a grin as she drew closer to him. Despite his age he was still very much still her boy, and she didn't stop herself from moving to nuzzle him gently and give him a good once-over, making sure he'd fared well on his travels. "You look well. How was your trip north?"

Valdís

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantPride - LesbianCritical Hit!Treat 2019Promptober 2019
07-04-2021, 02:42 PM

Valdís was finally feeling well enough to be out and about. After her illness it had taken awhile for her to get back to her usual routine. She started off her morning going on a patrol and was on her way back to the dens when she heard her son calling for her and her wife. Ah, so he was back from the north? She shifted her course and found Ásvor and Úlfr. Valdís slipped along Ásvor's right side, reaching out to lick playfully at her right ear before turning her focus to Úlfr. "Good to see you back in one piece. Was your journey eventful?"

Úlfr

Hemlock
Stalker

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (280)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Snake EyesThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Double MasterIce Bridge ExplorerMammoth Hunter
Pride - Gay1K
07-04-2021, 02:42 PM

Úlfr's tail started to wag the moment he saw his mother Ásvor in sight. He enjoyed being away and exploring but there was something to be said for the warm feeling of returning home and it stung just a little that he was about to set off on his own. He planned to visit his mothers frequently and hoped he could join the pirate band with their blessing. He leaned forward to nuzzle Ásvor back and soon Valdís arrived. He smiled. "My trip was good. Fairly uneventful though I did find the ice bridge. It truly was a sight to see and is surely the pathway many of these strange animals have been using. However, it looks tenuous. I don't think it will be permanent." Which was just fine with him. "Anyway, what I really wanted to talk to you about is I'm thinking of joining Sparrow's pirate crew. I really enjoy traveling and I'm ready to get out on my own a bit more. What do you think? Do I have your blessing?"

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

07-06-2021, 03:03 PM
Valdís wasn't far behind her, and echoed the same question she had, phrased just slightly differently. She gave her wife an amused look before settling her gaze back on Úlfr, wondering what he had to tell them. She doubted their son would've called to them in this manner unless he had something out of the ordinary to talk to them about. Fortunately he didn't leave them waiting long, briefly explaining how his trip had been before going on to speak of different matters. He planned to leave home, to join Sparrow's group and see the world. Ásvor couldn't help but feel a bit of sadness knowing he'd be leaving, but he technically an adult now and he could do what he wanted with his life. She didn't blame him either; her own youth had been filled with wandering, though she'd spent so much of her time on her own. At least she knew Úlfr would always know where to find his family, she was certain of that. If anything would keep her in Fireside it'd be that. She was reminded of her youth and how difficult it had been to reunite with her family, and how she'd longed to see them all again - she'd never allow such a thing to happen to Úlfr. "Of course you have my blessing. Just don't you forget where you came from - and promise you'll visit whenever life allows it." She knew the life of a wanderer, even one in a small group, was not always an easy thing and there might be many months between visits but she just wanted to know he'd always know he had a home here, and that he wouldn't hesitate to see his mothers whenever he was able. She didn't doubt Valdís felt the same way.

Valdís

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantPride - LesbianCritical Hit!Treat 2019Promptober 2019
07-20-2021, 06:09 PM

Valdís' ears perked at mention of the ice bridge. She had thought about traveling north but ultimately felt her time was best served keeping Fireside's borders safe. She supposed it had something to do with the extreme winter they'd been experiencing. Úlfr then moved on to the reason for the call. He was thinking of joining the pirate band. She raised an eyebrow, but coming from a pack of raiders herself she didn't necessarily see anything wrong with it. Besides, he was nearing his second birthday. He was essentially an adult and it was expected that he start carving his own path.

She nodded in agreement with Ásvor. "Yes, you have my blessing as well. You're old enough to make your own decisions about your life. Just know we'll be here when you need us." For as long as they could be. She felt a slight pain in her gut as she wondered how the years had flown by so quickly.

Úlfr

Hemlock
Stalker

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (280)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Pride - Gay1K
07-20-2021, 06:10 PM

Úlfr looked hopefully at his mothers and was elated that they were fine with his plans. "I will make you proud!" He bounded toward them, seeking to hug the two of them together. He'd heard tell of viking raiders from Ásvor and the tales of battle and glory. He wanted nothing more than to try and live that life of adventure and to make his parents and his gods proud. Of course now he would need to see if he could track down Sparrow. He didn't know for sure where the pirates were camped out but it would be a good exercise for his hunting skills to try and track them down.

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

07-23-2021, 09:19 AM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2021, 09:19 AM by Ásvor. Edited 1 time in total.)
Unsurprisingly, Valdís responded similarly. Their son had their blessing, though they both stressed they would be there for him if he needed it. At the end of the day she was glad he had drive and ambition; though part of her, the motherly part that was ever-present, longed to keep him here, a different part of her knew he needed to live his life. Keeping him around for the sake of preserving his childhood was a foolish notion and one she couldn't seriously entertain. The sigh she released then was mixed with emotion - she wished time could somehow slow down but she was happy they'd raised such an incredible son, and together no less. She leaned against Valdís though Úlfr was quick to bound toward them and embrace the both as a family. It was hard to keep the smile from appearing as she returned the gesture, truly grateful. She wasn't as deeply spiritual as her mother had raised her to be but she did believe in the gods and considered herself and her family blessed. There was little else in life she wanted for besides the two of them. "Just keep yourself safe, will you? We're too old run around looking for you," Ásvor quipped, trying to lighten the mood a little. Of course she was just joking though. Úlfr would always be her child but she knew he was old enough and smart enough to take care of himself, wherever he went.