An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Critical Hit!Valentines 2020
06-21-2021, 06:36 PM
Mortis moved away from Tamsyn and the tournament with a thoughtful frown. He had known this time was coming, that because of Zee and Azure, he was needed. But without them… without them, it was even harder to do so. To go where they had been the most often, and find the places that had once been filled with them to be empty.

But Sirius was losing it, Tamsyn had been sure of that. His family needed him. His whole life, he had been running away from the responsibility that being eldest had bestowed upon him. His whole life had instead led him to this moment. Returning. If anyone had to overthrow the Warlord, it would have to be him.

He found his way back to the familiar sight of Hika, and gave the white wolf an uncertain smile. “Hika, we need to talk.”

"Mortis""Hika"

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

Advanced Intellectual (76)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
06-21-2021, 07:25 PM

He felt like he had been floating in some crazy unknown for so long now. Nothing felt real and everything felt wrong. Through it all he remained at Mort’s side, he couldn’t leave his friend behind. The winged Fatalis was hurting, losing his mother and brother both. More than that he still seemed tormented by what Hana had done to him. Hikaru offered whatever support Mortis needed from him,but he knew someday they would have to return to the Armada. Mortis was the heir, and with the second one gone he was needed more than ever.

That fact terrified Hika. For so long he worried if he was going to lose his friend. He worried deeply about what his kiss had done to their friendship, things felt so different since then. His mind often returned to the what ifs and whys. Or what could happen. He was a little on edge when Mortis came to find him, and jumped slightly at his voice. His kohl tipped ears fell back to his skull, suddenly nervous at the mention of having a talk.

”I’m yours,” he offered sweetly with a gesture for Mort to make himself comfortable beside him. The prairie was beautiful this time of day and the colors of the sky reflected softly on Hika’s pale pelt as he lowered himself to his elbows and peered up at Mort with bashful platinum sheened eyes.

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

06-21-2021, 08:18 PM
Hika was sweet and pure, and always there when he needed him. He also, somehow, always had the ability to make Mort blushed. He did so now at the simple words he spoke, that meant so much.

As Hika indicated the space beside him, Mort settled down, and wrapped one wing around the smaller wolf, leaning into him and holding him close. A pose that felt so familiar to him. “It’s about the Armada, and my father. Tamsyn said… she said that he’s not as sane as he appears to be. I’m worried about my siblings, Hika.” He said softly. It was a huge responsibility that he was going to be bringing onto himself. By returning. “If he loses it, Hika, I’m going to have to be the one to stop him. I’m… I’m the only one left that can.” Was he? Could he? Azure could have, if he needed to, but could Mortis? He had undergone the same training, the same strengthening, but he had never possessed the tenacity that his brother had.

"Mortis""Hika"

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

Advanced Intellectual (76)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
06-23-2021, 01:03 PM
Hikaru was sure it was just his imagination making the white scar like markings over Mort’s cheek turn pink at his answer. Any nervous energy was banished from the pale koi wolf when Mortis settled down beside him and leaned in close. One huge wing enveloped him and all at once Kaiyo felt like he was where he belonged. There was no place like being in Mort’s embrace. He leaned against Mort’s dark shoulder, feeling his stomach fill with butterflies as his silvery gaze lifted to serious features. Mort spoke softly about the Armada. About what had happened and what the future might hold.

The boy looked up with understanding and support in his expression. He knew how much the man beside him was going through, how strong he was forced to be then and now. If anyone could stand up and endure it had to be Mortis. He was the kindest and most thoughtful man he knew. His family was his highest priority and he worried for his siblings as his father struggled silently. Mortis admitted he would be the only one able to subdue Sirius if it came down to something tragic.

”Mort, you know I’ll be right beside you through anything that happens. I see it in you, all you want is to see your family safe and happy. As long as you remember that, you can do anything. Help your father lead the pack, anything. I know it.” Hikaru was soft spoken but he didn’t hide the emotions in his voice nor the conviction he felt. Mortis was more amazing than he knew, Hikaru had seen it in him.

"Hikaru"

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

06-29-2021, 01:03 AM (This post was last modified: 06-29-2021, 01:03 AM by Mortis. Edited 1 time in total.)
Hikaru emanated warmth beside him, until his shoulder felt warmer than the rest of him. It was difficult not to give into the urge to snuggle closer to the cute white wolf. They had spent a lot of time together over Mort’s self-exile, but they hadn’t crossed the threshold of friendship into something… more. Mortis himself was too awkward and afraid to bring it up - afraid of opening himself up that wide, afraid of hurt - himself or Hika. Hika had in turn respected his silence on the subject, and had simply… been there for Mortis. Through all of it.

Who was Hika to Mortis? It was a complicated question, and one he couldn’t help but dwell on every time he saw the red marking on his lip raise in a smile.

Mortis returned the smile, though it was subtler than his friends, more filled with worry. “Thank you Hika… I… thank you.” he leaned his head against his own shoulder, and in turn Hika’s head. “I worry where the future is going to take us.” He admitted.

"Mortis Fatalis"