Extra large
build
Heavy
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31K
06-26-2021, 03:47 PM

SOLO DESTRUCTION-LOIRE

IN THE BEGINNING WE WERE WINNING, NOW I'M JUST MAKIN' UP FACTS

It had been a day or two since his run in with the sabre cat, and he was still looking beat to hell. He'd seen someone about the worst of his wounds, but he didn't want to sit around all day waiting to be healed up. He'd been able to keep the fangs of the immense beast, and today he was taking it easy by trying his hand at crafting something with them. It had been tedious work separating the tissues from the thick teeth, allowing him to pull them out with the root mostly intact. He was thinking of crafting a knife from one of them to give to his dad, even if it never got used. The other one? He wasn't totally sure. It might be fun to make a digging stick with it, by attaching a length of wood or bone to the end. Some of the pack's healers might be able to use it to make planting gardens an easier task. He'd think about it more while he worked.

Rather than waste any leather on a first draft, he'd collected some sinew and plant fibres to bind the handle to the blade. The first order of business today was going to be wearing down the edges of the tooth, honing it to a sharper edge than it would be naturally. He wondered if he should deepen the existing serrations, since they were rather minimal. So many options to consider, just to make a knife for Allegro. He braced the edge of the whetstone under one of his paws, and with his free paw and wrist set about slowly working the sharper edge against the grain.

The ivory boy glanced up from his work when he caught a familiar scent, a smile making its way onto his face. "Balthier!" he greeted his brother warmly, eyes crinkling at the corners. "What'cha doing?"

"Speech" thoughts "others"

Balthier

"The Golden Boy"

Loner

Expert Hunter (160)

Master Fighter (255)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Chrono I

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipDouble MasterThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Dream Weaver
Mammoth Hunter1K
07-12-2021, 09:01 AM
Balthier had been recovering from his battle at the tournament. He didn't get too injured but he had also been out training. He found out that he needed more intense training after his hunt with Corvus. He had just felt out of shape with running or that he had never really done it before.

So today he was out on a run around Abaven, slow at first while he was building his muscles and getting used to the burn in them and his breath. He couldn't say he really enjoyed it, but knowing that he would be able to protect his family maybe in a few seasons helped him push through it.

He started to move back to the den for a break when he came across the form of his brother who he felt like he hadn't really had much time together with here lately. Balthier had really felt like he was on his own to some extent. Azzurra had been sick, Solo and Psalm had tended to stick to themselves more so after Aranea had left them. But he felt like things were starting to get better.

He approached Solo, looking down at what he was doing before resting facing him. "I was just coming back from a run. Wanted to rest a little bit." He offered a smile to his brother, his gaze averting from the tools he had and back up to his features. "Are you making something?"

"Balthier"
Balthier can be rated a !M! mature character due to alcohol abuse.

Solo

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31K
07-12-2021, 06:43 PM

SOLO DESTRUCTION-LOIRE

THERE'S NO MEANING TO THE WORDS, BUT WE STILL SING THESE SONGS WELL

His brother's golden features lit up with a warm expression as he drew closer, and the larger boy mirrored it. Thick tail thumped against the terra as Balthier settled down within arm's reach. "I was just coming back from a run. Wanted to rest a little bit." his brother answer his question readily as he reclined on the ground, to which Solo offered a small nod of acknowledgement. That made sense, Balthier was always out and about doing things. He could see the two toned gaze drifting between the materials and his face, more in his peripheral vision than anything. He was trying his best to keep most of his attention on the work in front of him. "Are you making something?" Balthier asked, and the alabaster yearling nodded yet again.

"I'm gonna try and make a knife for dad, I hope he'll like it." he replied, narrowing his gaze at the sharpened edge of the fang. Deepening the serrations might be beyond his skill for now, but wasn't entirely off the table in the event he ever wanted to sharpen it again or improve it in the future. Flipping the tooth onto its other side, he started the process of sharpening over again. He made sure to maintain the consistency his strokes across the whetstone as best he could, and keep the pressure only on the upstroke. "Dunno what to do with the other tooth though, maybe one for me? What do you think?" the question was accompanied by a lifting of swirling mercury optics to fix on his brother's face for a moment, a pensive pinch to his brows. A bit of constructive criticism or advice was always appreciated, especially from someone he loved and respected as much as Balthier.

"Speech" thoughts "others"

Balthier

"The Golden Boy"

Loner

Expert Hunter (160)

Master Fighter (255)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Chrono I

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipDouble MasterThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Dream Weaver
Mammoth Hunter1K
07-17-2021, 08:08 PM
Balthier nodded as he stated he was going to make a knife for their father. Balthier himself had watched Allegro craft different things, and he knew general knowledge about how to, but he wasn't exactly very crafty. He was more of a throw it together kind of mind. Whatever worked, but he also knew how to fix it when it went wrong.

Solo asked what he should do with the other tooth, and Balthier couldn't disagree. "Yeah, I think a matching one would make dad really happy." He smirked a little bit, "Don't think I can get a saber tooth but maybe I can get something similar and the three of us could have matching knives." Maybe it was a little silly to have three knives laying around, but at least they could all be ready or carry them and not have to worry about someone else using the same knife at the time.

Balthier looked a little crooked at the sharpening blade as Solo kept working, "I'd offer to help, but I'm really no good at things like that." He chuckled quietly, not taking to any sort of timidness that the statement could have held. Balthier was pretty confident in nature, even if there were times were he felt he lacked in something.

"Balthier"
Balthier can be rated a !M! mature character due to alcohol abuse.