gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
07-25-2021, 08:00 PM (This post was last modified: 07-25-2021, 08:00 PM by Hikaru. Edited 1 time in total.)
Life was mostly quiet as the pair of them finally began to settle back again in the Armada. The den needed a thorough cleaning, which Hikaru spent most of his waking hours seeing to. Slowly but surely the den was cleaned and he was now slowly working on furnishing and making it much more cozy a place for the winter coming up. He didn’t often make it around the pack he was so consumed in his task. He wanted Mortis to have a place to retreat to, that once anyone entered the threshold the weight of the day was taken from your shoulders. He didn’t think he could manage a pond or a bamboo forest, but he did envision a lounging patio around the campfire one day. The inside would have comfortable little places to curl up and snuggle, storage and a guest room besides the one.. That he shared with Mortis.

They weren’t a couple, there was nothing but friendship between them because that was what Mortis needed. Hikaru wanted to provide his friend support in any way he could, and that had been in being his best friend. He looked out for the winged wolf, they played little token games together, trained together. Hikaru was happy as long as Mort was happy.

The koi fluttered around the den now, rearranging furs and baskets as he tried to make everything perfect. The day was getting on to the afternoon, it was windy and sunny but there were dark clouds on the horizon. Surely Mortis would be back soon, trying to keep out of the storm headed their way.

"Hikaru"

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Critical Hit!Valentines 2020
07-25-2021, 08:07 PM
It always seemed to surprise him when he came home from his pack duties, and there were new additions to their home. First it was the cleanliness. Disuse had brought in dust and damp. The beddings he had abandoned had started to smell, and Hika had been quick to discard them. Bringing in fresh furs, and adding homely touches the winged heir would never have considered.

Knowing how far Hika went out of his way to bring a little order into this part of their lives - when the rest of his world always seemed to be in disarray - he made sure to notice and compliment what Hika had done. He appreciated these touches more than he could ever say.

But today, today there were no words. He returned to the den beneath the shadow of darkening clouds, and sat beside Hika. sitting next to his friend in long, long silence as he stared at the wall in front of him.
“Today,” he whispered softly after a time “My dead mother came home.”

"Hikaru"

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

Advanced Intellectual (76)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

07-26-2021, 03:07 PM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2021, 03:07 PM by Hikaru. Edited 1 time in total.)
The den was really becoming what he envisioned it to be. There weren’t a lot of flowers left now that fall returned, but everything was turning beautiful colors and Hikaru made an almost flower arrangement from different plants he found around the Armada and Ashen lands. He knew Mortis appreciated all of his efforts, because he noticed them and he spoke his gratitude. That was one of the reasons the young koi knew that he loved him. He didn’t say it, didn’t allow himself to think it after he’d hurt Mort before. Even ignoring it Hikaru felt it deep in his soul everyday. A warmth that spread through him and quickened his heart and brought a smile to his face.

Kaiyo’s silvery gaze lifted to the door, now protected from the outside world by a thick pelt that helped to keep the cold and wind out. Just as he suspected, Mortis returned home right on time. The winged man was quiet, he said nothing as he made no hesitation in crossing the threshold and sitting beside him. Hika didn’t speak either, but he could see his friend’s expression. He knew it was not just pack duties he carried on his shoulders today.

Hiakru leaned against Mort’s side supportively, even before he finally said the words aloud. Zee was not dead. Liquid silver eyes widened in surprise at his words, he had been at the funeral, he had felt Mort’s sorrow. "But Mortis…?” He questioned quietly. He had seen the remains, they put them in the ground. Was she alive? Mort’s reaction didn’t lead him to believe, or maybe he was too conflicted? "How?”

"Hikaru"

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

07-28-2021, 05:32 PM
His friend was silent as he seated himself beside Mortis, giving the winged Fatalis some time to process what was going on in his mind. Almost unconsciously, Mort untucked a wing, and gently folded it around his friend. Holding the white wolf in the soft folds of the feathers.

After admitting what had happened today, Mortis turned and pressed his nose to the side of the smaller wolf's scruff, drawing comfort from his companion. “I… I don’t know. I suppose explanations will come, but she looked pretty battered. My siblings had some pretty mixed feelings, too. Her death messed us all up, drew us apart. Is her coming back going to make us better, or worse?” In what way was the Armada going to change from this huge reveal?

"Speech"

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

07-28-2021, 05:52 PM
Mortis almost instinctively settled in beside him, one feathered wing wrapping over his shoulders like he belonged closer. Like he was an anchor or a lifeboat as Mort’s thoughts swam. As he spoke the pressure became too much and the winged heir crumpled against him, burning his face into Hika’s white fur. Dark tipped ears fell to the young man’s head as he shifted slightly, aiming to wrap his arms around Mort’s neck in a comforting embrace. Mort didn’t know any better than he did about what happened today, Zee was beaten a bruised but alive, and abc for real. It was some kind of miracle, and yet Mortis seemed conflicted and scared that instead of a moment where everyone came back together they were torn further apart.

"I don’t know,” he confessed softly, but then again no one knew. "All you can do is control yourself. Do what you think is right for the family and they will surround you.” He promised quietly, nuzzling against his ears and holding him tight. Being the support he needed. Maybe the current members of his family would disperse, but Mortis had a huge heart and he knew whoever stayed close to him was and would forever be the sweet winged boy’s kin.

"Hikaru"

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

07-28-2021, 06:18 PM
Mortis found himself smiling despite his churning worry. Here he was, in the shadow of his mothers return and finding himself fearful of what might come next. Instead, Hikaru propped him up, and reminded him of the little things that made a difference. Hika was right. Mortis would try his best to hold together what he could of his beloved family.

He let out a soft sigh as the rain began in earnest outside of their den. The pattering of rain falling on the roof that Mortis had built and Hika had shaped. “Do you ever miss your family, Hika?” He asked, remembering what Hika had said about his clan back in Nippon

"Speech"

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

07-28-2021, 06:33 PM
Hikaru wasn’t sure what else he could say or do for his conflicted friend, but he was here for him whatever path he chose. The koi held tightly to the winged heir, wishing he could take away his pain with just the will of his affection. He squeezed his eyes shut as he held tight to him, willing away the pain and conflict. They were quiet there together for a long moment, Hikaru could fell the tension in Mort’s shoulders and his pale paws began to massage against his taught muscle. To help him relax.

A sigh left him as the rain began to fall and created a different feel to the afternoon, like the sky was beginning to cry with him. He spoke again, this time seeking out Kaiyo’s thoughts and feelings of his own family. "”No, not really.” He told him honestly. His family had pushed him on a path he didn’t belong on, and disowned him when he decided against it. "Mostly because you’re my family.” He admitted quietly as he pulled away slightly so that he could look into Mort’s stunning gem-like gaze. It was frightened and unsure but Hika still grinned when their eyes met.

"Hikaru"

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

07-28-2021, 07:15 PM
He found Hika staring into his eyes, and found himself blushing, burying his head into the other's neck again. The winged boy was always a very touchy-wolf. Drawing people in close, holding them tight. Especially Hika, who never protested to his hugs. “And you're my family too, Hika. You, and my siblings are my whole world. I just wish I knew how to help them.” He admitted.

“When I came back to the Armada, I did so wondering if I would have to challenge Sirius. But he’s been more sane then Tamsyn described him, and now Zee’s back. I wonder if that will make him more or less stable?” he shook his head, ruffling up the white fur he was leaning against. “I don’t want to be an Alpha, but I think I want to lead the Armada someday anyway, just to protect all these wolves that have been my family. What would you do if I was Alpha, Hika?”

"Speech"

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

07-28-2021, 07:28 PM
Hikaru could just barely see the red tint to Mort’s skin under the scar like markings over the heir’s eye. A blush before he buried his features back into the white of his neck. The koi wolf smiled softly and held a little tighter to his friend. Mortis welcomed him into his family as well, adding him to his list of siblings and kin he cared for. "Sometimes you have to let them help themselves,” He tried not to put too much pressure on Mortis. He did so very much for his loved ones he deserved some weight lifted from his shoulders.

He spoke then about the future, about what he had planned to do if Sirius could not keep the helm. He both did and did not want to. In the end he wondered what Hikaru would do if he became what he was always destined to be. No matter what path he was on Hikaru would do whatever he could to support Mort in that position. "Whatever I could to see you succeed.” He promised as he leaned against Mort’s forehead and whispered into his ear. "I’ll be here for you no matter what happens.” He promised him solemnly and truthfully. There was no higher honor or vow to make.

"Hikaru"

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

07-31-2021, 11:52 PM
Mortis gave a helpless shrug at that. He would always want to give those he loved the best of the world. It hurt to watch them stumbling through it. He thought of Ophelia, who had looked the most lost at the reunion with their mother. She had once been a girl with a big grin playing in the snow with Hika and Mort.

The winged boy sighed, leaning against his friend once more. The words Hika gave didn’t entirely surprise him, but still, he wanted to know. “You have no ambitions for yourself?” he asked softly. His parents had had ambitions for him, Mortis knew that. He had broken free of that, but was there really nothing more he wanted to work towards? Mortis wanted… he wanted to find a way to repair the fissures in his family, and bring everyone back to happiness. Somehow.

"Speech"

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

08-06-2021, 06:11 AM
Hikaru knew that Mortis wouldn’t really be able to embrace his words, that wasn’t who he was. The winged heir was an incredibly caring man, he couldn’t stand to see those he loved in pain. Even at his own detriment, but that was one of the reasons he loved him. That was the reason why he wanted to be here with him, to help and support him while he was there for his family. But also he wanted to be there to be Mort’s voice of reason. He couldn’t fix the whole world by himself, so Kaiyo would be there to help, or be there when he did not succeed.

The young koi leaned against his friend, content here beside this sweet man. They found themselves naturally close together in their time alone. Like Hikaru belonged here, snuggled against Mort’s shoulder, embraced under his protective wings. Hika shrugged slightly, did he have any huge ambition for himself? "I have no desire for glory. My biggest goal..” He thought about his statement for a moment as he leaned against his friend. His best friend. "Is to see you happy. Mort, you’re always giving all of yourself to see your family happy and together. I want to be the one to make sure that you are happy.” Hika grinned up at Mortis, despite every obstacle before them Hikaru had found his happiness and his future in Mortis. No matter what happened.

"Hikaru"

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-10-2021, 10:53 PM
He struggled to understand how Hika wanted to see nothing past Mortis himself. It was as though he put the winged heir onto a pedestal. It worried him, that Hika had nothing beyond Mortis. How could Mortis ever compete with the perfect person his friend seemed to think he was? Could he really be anything and everything that Hika needed in life?

The idea frightened him, and he could almost feel himself withdrawing. Surely there had to be something elses that mattered to his friend. There was more to the world than Mortis. He felt a feeling flutter in his chest, a sort of frightfulness. He looked down at Hika’s sweet, hopeful expression, and knew he could never be the perfect person Hika thought he was.

"Speech"

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

08-11-2021, 05:55 AM
Hikaru knew that Mortis was not a perfect individual, but then again who was? Certainly not him. Hika had seen evil, he knew darkness, and Mortis was the complete opposite. He was good. Did that mean he wouldn’t make mistakes? No, absolutely not they all made mistakes but Kaiyo knew that this man would always think of others before himself. Even if he made the wrong decision it was based on those around him and not selfish intentions. That was what Hika looked up to Mortis for, his devotion to those around him. Maybe he wasn’t ready to be a leader but Kaiyo could see the strong foundation beneath.

Mort was quiet at his answer, his expression shifting and doing anything but reflecting the smile on Hikaru’s features. Kohl lined ears clung to his skull as his expression fell. He couldn’t read his mind, he wished so badly that he could because he couldn’t understand the worry in Mort’s face.

"Mort,” he started softly, hesitantly shifting. Cautiously he lifted himself so he was even with Mort’s blue gaze. He lifted one pale paw and delicately aimed to place it on Mortis’ dark cheek. "My family disowned me. My sister is dead. My life was over.” He explained himself, there was nothing for him out there. When he found Mortis in the snow storm he found himself, he found his life, and his purpose. "You gave me another chance. You saved me.” Mortis didn’t have to be perfect, he just needed to stay true to himself.

"I owe you my life, there’s nowhere else I belong.” Hika gazed deeply into Mort’s vibrant sapphire eyes. He knew more than ever in that moment how his heart felt. He loved this goofy, empathetic, sweet sweet boy more than anything. Not just because he didn’t have anything else but because of who he was. Who he was to Hikaru. He couldn’t bring himself to lean forward and kiss the winged heir despite how much he desired to. He couldn’t, not after his reaction the first time. Kaiyo would do anything to sustain the friendship they shared, including denying the very real feelings inside.

"Hikaru"

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-17-2021, 04:15 PM
There was a hint of panic in Mort's eyes at seeing the devotion and trust in his friends. There was something almost innocent and pure about his pale friend. Something that felt in that moment fragile. He looked into Hika’s eyes, and he was so afraid of breaking him.

“Hika…” He whispered softly, reaching out a paw to touch the side of the pale wolf’s face. “I’m worried. You need more in your life than one friend.” he said, his voice still soft. He wanted Hika to have the range to grow into himself. Could he do that if he was too busy devoting his life to the wolf that saved him? He thought of gently nudging Hika out of his den, of sleeping alone, and shuddered at the thought of the loneliness, of being without this wolf that had become such a rich part of his life. But was it fair to Hika, to let them hold onto each other so tight? “I don’t know how to help you get the best out of your life”

"Speech"

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

08-17-2021, 04:40 PM
Mort’s huge dark paw cupped his cheek as he spoke his name, none of the worry he carried had dissolved with Hikaru’s words. He tried so hard to encourage him, there was nowhere else he desired to be but here. There wasn’t anyone that made him feel complete like Mortis did, his life wasn’t near as warm or vibrant when he was gone. No matter what, this was where he belonged. Mortis told him that he needed more than one friend, and maybe he was right but he knew in his heart that Mortis was the one who mirrored his soul. He was the one. "Maybe I do, but there’s a whole pack of them out there.” He would go find Ophelia later, and there was always someone new to meet at the training grounds.

"You are the best out of my life, Mortis.” He tried to convince him, knowing that he wasn’t about to take his words for it. He tried so hard to stay away from the deeper feelings, to avoid what was really going on beneath the surface. The deep and all consuming emotion that he felt for just one wolf. The one who held him close at night, who encouraged him in all ways, who he could rely on without question to be there for him, or anyone he cared about should they need him. Hikaru didn’t know a more selfless man, and even now he was beating himself up over helping Hikaru make the best of his life.

"I’m a big boy, I can take care of myself. You don’t need to worry about me, I want to worry about you. I want to welcome you home after a long day out working and helping, like you always do.” He was still gazing into Mort’s incredibly blue eyes and his grip against his cheek tightened as he spoke. "I want to make sure you get a good dinner each night before bed, where I’ll always be here to keep you warm and chase away any nightmares that threaten your sleep. I want to be here for you to confide in when the world gets too difficult, I want to be a pillar to build yourself on, a strong foundation while you hold the world on your shoulders.” As he spoke his voice descended into a soft whisper and the emotions behind his words formed as tears in his silver kohl lined eyes. He meant every word, right now and forever. "That would be my best life.”

"Hikaru"

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-17-2021, 05:02 PM
Mort didn’t know what it was about devotion that scared him so much. Maybe his family had been a little messed up as he grew into adulthood. From Azure pushing him off a cliff, to his fathers hot temper. Or the way it had broken him, broken him into a hundred pieces when Zee died, like his father didn’t know how to be without his Wife. Or the way Hana had shoved him away when he couldn’t give her what she wanted.

Devotion, in his experience, only seemed to break people. But Hika, who looked deep into his eyes and told him how Mortis was all the world he needed, and that terrified him. He didn’t want a stay at home best friend, he wanted Hika to challenge him. To stand on his own two paws, to forget to make him dinner because he was pushing himself on the training field. He wanted an individual that wouldn’t break if Mortis didn’t come home for dinner. Who wouldn’t be standing there looking out into the rain, lonely and sad over a cold dinner because Mortis was too busy to come home. But he didn’t know how to put it into words. He couldn’t fathom how to explain to Hika what he wanted, because he was afraid of what that meant. That he wasn’t looking for a friend, but something more. But how could Hika full that role if Mortis became an Alpha? Maybe the soft stay at home pampering style would work if Mortis wasn’t destined to become a leader, but he knew in his heart of hearts that that life style wouldn’t work if he ever took the mantle.

He let out a slow, exhausted breath. “It’s not fair if I’m your whole world Hika, when I can only give you a small part of me. The part that isn’t a brother, a son, a heir, maybe even an Alpha one day. A trainer, a diplomat, a hunter, and anything and everything else this pack needs. The Armada… the Armada isn’t a place that lets a gentle stay at home wolf with a big heart thrive. If that's the life you want, maybe… Maybe you would find true happiness in the Hallows? Instead of a pack built for war?” He suggested miserably.

"Speech"

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

08-17-2021, 06:18 PM
Hikaru knew a prim and proper life, and he knew that wasn’t what he would ever get if he stayed with Mortis, that much he knew from the life he lived at his side. They met in a snow storm and quickly became friends, toiling in trouble as the days went one, leaning on each other as the days grew hard. He’d never left Mort’s side through his spiral after Hanako and he wasn’t about to leave him alone now that he was facing an uncertain future with his father’s instability. Mortis lived in a sea of turmoil, Hikaru wanted to be his island oases, but also a safe harbor. He wanted to give Mortis the chance to feel like someone had his back, that there was one wolf that didn’t need to be taken care of.

Mortis spoke again, as though he hadn’t heard a word that Hikaru was saying, yeah he wanted to provide for Mort but that didn’t have to be confined to their quiet moments alone. He was used to Mort being beside him at the end of the day, but that wasn’t always the case and Hika hadn’t ever made a complaint. "Mortis, you silly man.” He sighed heavily and sat back, looking at his friend with a sharp eye, trying to figure out just what those beautiful blue eyes saw in him. "Maybe I didn’t finish my training but you really think I’d be content with a quiet life in a quiet pack?” He paused, searching his friend’s features. Yeah he was laid back these days because he could be, because his best position was supporting Mortis.

"I was very nearly a full fledged shinobi, you know there isn’t a day that goes by that I’m not up at dawn training like I have everyday.” Maybe he had never gotten the full title, but that didn’t mean he was ready to retire to a safe and happy life. "You want my true happiness, but Mortis I’ve already found it, and it isn’t in the Hallows.”

"Hikaru"

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-17-2021, 07:50 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2021, 07:54 PM by Mortis. Edited 1 time in total.)
Hika called him silly, which only added to his frustration. He knew he wasn’t doing a good job of verbalising what he meant. He didn’t know how to put into words this maybe silly vision he had of what his future might look like.

He sighed, looking across at the white wolf, who pointed out his desire to train. He wanted to see Hika grow, to develop interest, and memories, and laugh amongst the other wolves of the Armada. He did like to see Hika happy, but he couldn’t help the twisting feeling in his gut that told him he would make Hika miserable. Mort, expert of making a mess of things, would hurt his gentle friend. “I just hope you know what your doing”
t life style wouldn’t work if he ever took the mantle.

"Speech"

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

08-17-2021, 08:16 PM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2021, 03:57 PM by Hikaru. Edited 1 time in total.)
Hikaru felt like he was only making Mortis frustrated instead of soothing the worries that had built up within him. He melted slightly, knowing he wasn’t really understanding where Mortis was coming from. They could be battling a mountainside for the rest of their days and Hika wouldn’t have hesitated a minute to follow Mort into that battle. Just because he had a heart didn’t mean he was better suited to some soft life. That didn’t mean he didn’t want to be here for this man through the many trials life would undoubtedly throw at him. The only thing to expect around his friend was the unexpected.

"I never know what I’m doing.” He countered with a wink and shook his pelt slightly. "I know you’re really worried about me, I know you’re probably more worried about me than any other wolf in the world has ever been. That’s why I can’t leave. That’s why I would never want to leave.” Hika spoke again, still pretty certain he wasn’t convincing Mort of anything. ”I may only ever be allowed a small part of you, but even a drop would be worth it. Worth following someone like you.” Hikaru told him again. He didn’t have to be the center of attention, the world in which Mortis revolved around. The heir was like a sun, with the pack and Hikaru revolving around him in cosmic symbiosis.

"Hikaru"

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-22-2021, 09:40 PM
Mortis laughed softly at the jest, letting some of the tension drain from his body. He wasn’t even sure what exactly he was fighting for. Was he just certain that he was going to hurt the people around him, and wanting to spare Hika that? Perhaps warning him that he thought any life with Mort was going to be a tough one? Maybe he was just pushing Hika away, because after Hana he suddenly knew what it felt like to be hurt by someone important to you.

Mort let his head drop to his paw with a soft sigh. “Do you think we’ll be friends forever, Hika?” he asked softly, thinking of Malalia, thinking of Hana.

"Speech"