size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Dream WeaverUnderachieverSmall FriesSocialiteDerby WinnerBy A Whisker
StudentSamhain 2022HomebodyTeacherSnake EyesRapid Poster - Rainbow
Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - Pansexual1KBeeventDouble Master
08-08-2021, 09:32 AM
Come down, come down sweet reverence

Well, what fresh hell was this? Jynn had journeyed about as far west as she dared and came upon a truly inhospitable terrain. The sunlight filtered through a haze giving the sky a pale yellow color. Sulphur gray clouds streaked through it over a very jagged terrain. Black pillars poked up out of the ground like teeth, layers upon layers that faded into an eerie tan back drop. There was some sort of pools reflecting the sky and the pillars. Steam rose off these pool that rested in between bands of the strange dark rock. It smelt terrible and she soon realized they were pools of tar.

Dimosthenes

Loner

Intermediate Fighter (40)

Novice Navigator (20)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Dikui

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Overachiever
09-12-2021, 08:30 AM
D i m o s t h e n e s

Almost as soon as Dime got close, he felt the need to cough. It smelled terrible. Gray clouds of gas and steam rose from small pools of some dark, murky substance that he did not want to touch. Black, jagged rock caged the muck, stabbing the sky in occasional towers. The backdrop was equally eerie, a hazy yellow sky laying behind the rising steam. The whole area looked broken in some odd way, like a rough edge where the world was wearing through. Was there anything on the other side? If he dug through the rubble, would he fall into the other side of the sky? He'd probably die first, considering the pits of tar. Maybe that tar was under all of the world, a hot layer that warmed the earth from the bottom up. The sun warming down, the tar warming up, the cooler surface sandwiched between. He didn't know anything to disprove that that was how it worked, as he was only a little wolf who didn't know very much.

There was another canine standing by the pits of tar. Dimosthenes smiled and wagged his tail softly. "This is weird, huh?"

"Speech"

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (300)

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
09-12-2021, 09:37 AM

Jynn decided to focus on just getting around this strange land and hopefully onto less depressing terrain. She noted the stillness here and how it seemed like there were few living things in the area. Not that that surprised her. She headed south seeking to maneuver between the pits and the sea. She caught the sound of approaching paw steps and turned to see a small male greeting her. She nodded. "Yea, it's not at all pleasant. I can't believe the smell!" She wrinkled her nose, wondering what was making the earth and air here smell so bad. "My name is Jynn, are you looking to get around this mess too?"

Dimosthenes

Loner

Novice Navigator (20)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Dikui

09-18-2021, 06:38 PM
D i m o s t h e n e s

The woman affirmed his distaste for the tar pits. Was it just him, or did they smell like death? It wasn't a place for someone as careless as he could be, that's for sure. One wrong step and whoosh. You'd be dead. It probably wouldn't be a 'whoosh,' though. Probably something long and drawn-out and impossible to escape from. He made sure to pay a little more attention to his paws after that thought. A long, tedious, helpless death, breathing that awful smell that Dimosthenes thought would make him wish he was dead long before he actually kicked the bucket. He had no desire to find out what it would be like, anyway.

Jynn, her name was. "Dime. Dimosthenes, if you're feeling fancy and long-winded." He usually just gave people the choice to use whatever name or nickname they wanted for him. He maybe liked Dime a little more most of the time, but it wasn't enough to insist upon. "And no, I'm just exploring around wherever. No pack, no family... freeing, isn't it?"

"Speech"

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (300)

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

09-22-2021, 06:38 PM

The man introduced himself as Dime. That was what she was going to go with, she wasn't even going to try to attempt his full name for fear of butchering it. "Yea, it's nice to have that freedom. I wouldn't change it for the world." She really just couldn't see herself in a pack, especially not permanently. Maybe there would be a circumstance for her to be part of one temporarily but if there were she couldn't fathom what the reason would be. When she was ready she'd start a band and hopefully have the company of like-minded individuals. "I'm looking for an oasis that's supposed to be south of here. If you want you're welcome to accompany me."

Dimosthenes

Loner

Novice Navigator (20)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Dikui

10-11-2021, 07:32 PM
D i m o s t h e n e s

Jynn agreed with him that it was nice to have the freedom of not having a pack, going so far as saying that she wouldn't change it for the world. Dime had to agree. Even if it meant he sometimes went to places like this mess because he didn't know any better, it also meant that he could leave whenever he wanted to, which was starting to look like right now. The smell hadn't gotten any better than when he'd arrived and it was annoying the dickens out of him.

She said that she was going to go look for an oasis south of where they were and offered for him to come along. While the chat had been nice, he didn't really want to keep moving. His body had decided that it was about time to take a mid-day nap, and so as soon as he got away from the tar pits, he was going to attempt to do as it wanted. "Thank you for the offer, but I think I have other things to do," he said. "I do hope I see you around, though." He winked and smirked before he left, just for the fun of the whim.

"Speech"