An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipPride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Legendary
Derby WinnerHomebodyLighting McQueenExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
Halloween 2020 - Haunted House1KBeevent
08-09-2021, 09:46 AM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2021, 03:13 PM by Hanako. Edited 2 times in total.)

As with all things it was simple a matter of time, a slow and creeping crawl beneath Hanako's skin that got warmer with each passing day. She wasn't so ignorant this time around, she knew her body well enough by now to know what was coming, that she'd only get less reasonable from here on out.  Now that she thought about it she realised her heat already a little overdue, but the fact that it started just now whilst in the confines of the Armada was almost laughable. Almost as if the universe was trying to give her a hint, one she was doing her best to ignore as of then.

She made her way to one of the many streams that meandered through the Plains, idly glancing up every now and then as Ruri soared overhead, her feathers still gleaming iridescent despite the overcast skies. It looked like it might rain again soon, furthering souring her mood as she caught sight of the storm clouds rolling on in. She knew Azure's companions were close, no doubt watching from behind the grass, but Hanako made a pointed effort to pretend she was alone. As though she was safe and unseen, a dirty little secret that was theirs to keep. And yet, her scent was already on the wind, ruffling her coat and blowing through the tall grass, intermingling with the smell of petrichor and ozone.

Hanako grimaced as she finally approached the stream, its water murky and fast flowing as it kicked up sediment and stones. Bathing didn't do much to help and she quickly cast aside the idea of getting her coat all mucky for such a little gain. So what else was she supposed to do? Though her and Azure got along well enough last time they spoke at length, she was painfully aware of his reaction to her last heat. How one whiff had him acting out, saying and doing things she'd wished she could forget. And yet beyond the sense of concern there was something else, deeper and heady, like a draw to seek him out. To enjoy his company.

Hanako made a face and looked up to see the Willow trees beyond the distant border. Life just wasn't fair.
[Image: dfvjf24-4160f57c-3b2d-47de-b3e1-aa34987f...SqQlFNW-eM]

Azure

"Break what can be broken"

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022GlobetrotterStatue 2 WorshipOverachieverIsland HopperSmall Fries
TrapperRunning on EmptySocialiteBest BudsRapid Poster - GoldSouthern Explorer
WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
ScarredCritical Fail!ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerWordyLoser
Snake EyesDouble MasterLegendaryCritical Hit!1K
08-09-2021, 03:10 PM

Azure had just come back from a meeting with his father, the Armada's cellar had been waterlogged in an autumn storm past, and the food and pelts within had been drowned past the point of recovery. He had hoped that after being gone for near a year he could indulge in just a season of laziness but, alas, they'd need every capable hunter to work to refill the stores of food before the snows came and drove the herds away. At least it was an excuse to seek out Hana for something more than small talk, she was an accomplished fisherman and it was something she could manage from within the safety of the pack that made the ocean shores it's home. He really didn't like fish but, food was food and he doubted he could convince her to come with him to take down anything more substantial.

Leaving Diablo with Hana had been a mistake, Azure was not the best navigator and without his eyes in the sky it had taken him much longer then he'd have liked to admit to find her. The only comfort he had was in knowing that she was still within the territory, if the koi-wolf had made some sort of escape attempt Az's companions would have come to find him.

When he eventually found her, he was surprised to see how close to the border she'd wandered. Was that desire for freedom still strong in her, even after what they'd shared? Az steeled himself and watched as she made her way to the river, but did not step into it. "I'm hurt," He called out once he knew she did not intend to cross, trotting down the riverbank toward her. "You'd exploit my inability to swim to escape me?" He shook his head in an exaggeratedly disappointed fashion, his eyes locked upon her face and a teasing smile upon his lips. While there was still some distance between them, Azure was happily ignorant to the state of her season and the powerful scent that clung to her.

"Speech"

Both of Azure's ears have notches and tears.
Az has a scar across his right eye, a mirror image of his natural born marking.
Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.
Not all of these features are always reflected in his art.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipPride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Legendary
08-09-2021, 03:56 PM

Lingering by the riverside, Hanako wasn't left alone with her thoughts for long. Almost as if he knew she'd been thinking of him, or that the world was intent on driving them together; Azure emerged from the long grass. She quirked a brow, unsure of what he was getting at, only to suppress a smile as it became apparent he was just pulling her leg. She wasn't dumb, and knew what this looked like, he had every right not to take her word as gospel. But really did he think she'd make such a poor escape attempt? As though terribly offended, Hanako made a stroppy little hmph sound as she raised her head high, shooing him off with a sharp flick of her tail.

"If that was the case I'd be halfway to Auster by now." She told him, awfully smug in the knowledge that it was something she was fully capable of.  "I thought bears were decent swimmers anyway, with those big paws." Her gaze roved across his form, greedily drinking in the sight of his strong shoulders only to half-heartedly recall she was supposed to be looking pointedly at his paws. Oops.

She backtracked a little, cutting off her wandering line of thoughts before she played her hand too soon. The breeze had shifted its direction, blowing her scent upwind, away from prying nostrils. For a moment she was tempted to step closer to him, to indulge in his company a little more but thought better of it. In part because she wanted him to take the incentive and work for it, but also...well you know. Heat things were bound to make this meeting far more complicated than she cared for it to be. She just wanted what she wanted, it wasn't complicated at all as far as she was concerned.

"Did you miss me so much you just couldn't wait till the evening to see me again?"

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
08-09-2021, 05:10 PM

Thankfully she did not take his words too true to heart, although he caught the offense she feigned and gave a short bark of laugher in reply. She had hidden away her temptress mask and was today showing the side of her he was most familiar with - the self-involved drama queen he'd grown to know and love. Azure was still taking steady strides towards her as she flicked her tail in dismissal, and he seemed to lurch in place for a moment as the scent swept past him. The confusion was visible in his eyes and his smile faltered as his nostrils flared, but the alluring scent was carried away by the changing winds just as soon as it had touched him, and he pushed it aside to focus once more on her teasing reply.

His shoulders gave an aloof shrug. "Must be a myth, they don't help much in the snow, either." It was an easier and more natural response to simply blame his anatomical differences rather then accept that he might be unskilled in something - while his siblings had nearly drowned five minutes out on their first trip from the den, Azure had never been drawn to the water. He assumed his mother and father had made an effort to teach him to swim, but if they had they must not have seen the need to stick with it. "What about you? I thought fish just.. flopped around unattractively on land." He lifted his oversized paw and waggled it around half-heartedly.

She accused him of missing her and that brought back his grin. Az rolled his eyes, shaking his head once more. "I'm afraid my world doesn't always revolve around you, dear Hana." He lied. "The Armada has need of your.. unusual skills. Our cellar suffered an unfortunate drowning, I'd hoped to convince you to find for us some fish to replenish our stores."

"Speech"

Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

08-09-2021, 06:40 PM

Hanako hummed, not at all convinced by his complaints but nodded along regardless, a touch condescending, as though she sympathised with his troubles. What a hard life he led indeed! He was quick to turn the tables on her, likening her to a fish flopping about on dry land, mouth agape and fins flailing in a wild panic. His words created a rather unseemly image in her mind but rather than leaving it there Azure was quick to double down, throwing in a poke that settled right in between her ribs. What-how- she faffed for a moment, cycling through various stages of offence before setting her gaze on Azure once more. She'd been called many things before but never that! Even now it was obvious he was jesting and all, but it was such an unpleasant first that it warranted some sort of rise out of her, even if only to go through the motions and prove a point.

"Unattractive?" She parroted back, aghast and perhaps a smidge hurt. "Is that what you call this?" She pressed, openly fishing for compliments as she gestured at herself with an elegant sweep of her paw.

Always being the manly man with a schedule full of very important Fatalis things, he was quick to insist there was more to his life than her. Yet another dig that wouldn't bother anyone else but Hanako, prodding her right where it hurt; her ego. Yes yes, from the tone of his voice and his handsome smile she knew he meant no ill will, but the prospect bothered her all the same. What was wrong with wanting to be wanted? Most men would no doubt be put off by how high maintenance she was, but Azure seemed willing to rise to the challenge, this was all par for the course really. They both knew it, it was an unspoken rule by now.

"Oh that's a shame, I think of you often." Hanako finally admitted, shooting him a coy little side glance. Regardless he wished to talk business and Hanako obligingly perked her ears to listen. It had been some time since she'd gone fishing but it was not a skill she could lose. "I suppose I could." Which wasn't really a yes or no. Instead, she stepped closer, all coy and without much thought or premeditation. " Hmm. Was that all?"

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-09-2021, 07:37 PM

Amusement crossed the direwolf's face at her reply, though he tried to keep it to himself to not offend her further. Hana was such a sensitive one, and she could not accept insult anymore than Azure could. He stilled his waggling paw, holding it up instead so she could see the pads of his paws in a display of apology. "Okay! I concede." After all, there was that scent again catching his attention, and it was far more interesting than the evolving battle of words was. He stepped toward her as she gestured toward herself with a paw, following the movement with his eyes. "The fish should be grateful to have such a fierce and beautiful advocate here on dry land." Appeasing her was much easier today, especially with that burning instinct to please that was brought out from her scent.

Her next words hit him exactly where she'd intended them to, and Azure did not realize he was stepping closer until they were near touching. Hana had always known how to inflate his ego, it was something he'd been woefully lacking in their time apart. Of course, she didn't specify that it was good things she thought of, but Az could accept that as long as he held a place in the center of her thoughts. The reminder of her heat was much, much harder to ignore in close quarters no matter how the wind blew. Azure tried to remind himself that not days ago they were practically enemies and that their peace was fragile, but it was becoming exceedingly hard to remember to tread lightly. "Do you?" He challenged, voice low as he leaned toward her, aiming to run the tip of his muzzle lightly across the fur on her cheek. "Did you think of me while you were with Sparrow?" It was.. more direct then Az had intended, but the inherited possessive beast within was determined to stake his claim. She had given him a reply on the fishing but.. well, the fish weren't going anywhere, they could wait, and Azure tossed the thought of feeding the Armada aside without another thought.    

"Speech"

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

08-09-2021, 08:23 PM

Hanako paused for a breath, quick to notice the change in Azure's demeanour. She'd been playing a risky game from the start, letting him get so close like this, but now that he was touching her again she felt very little desire to pull away. To deny him of anything he wanted. The line of his muzzle drew a smouldering line across her cheek as Hanako pulled in a shuddering breath. She was taken aback by how markedly different it felt, one touch was able to derail her thoughts and she found herself drawing a blank as she tried to focus on his question. What was it he'd even said again? She focused on the ground beneath her paws, the cold wind fussing her fur and briefly wondered if all wolves could make feel this way during her heat. Or whether this was just an Azure thing, his draw and prowess undeniable.

But of course she was getting a little carried away, it was hard not to when Azure was so close, his words pressing and heady, impossible to ignore. A warmth flushed through her system, as the meaning of his words took root, coiling deep. She'd been in control and on the ball just the other day, but now that hormones were flooding her system it was getting increasingly difficult to remain level-headed, to cast her mind back and think of anything else. Well, had she? Maybe? Hanako honestly couldn't remember but was more than eager to feed Azure whatever lines he wanted to hear.

It would have been easy to pull away, put some much-needed space between them but she did not. Instead, she found an almost smug sense of satisfaction in knowing that it was a little to late for that, that if she backed away Azure would rightly pursue her.

"Yes." She breathed, her eyes squeezing shut as she eagerly leaned into his touch. Even this was enough, just what she'd wanted a year ago on that beach. "I think... I wanted it to be you." Subconsciously at some level at least, like grasping onto what should and could have been.

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-10-2021, 09:07 PM

This was dangerous, very dangerous. Hanako leaned into his touch and Azure found himself wanting to give more to her, pressing his muzzle into her cheek and inhaling the intoxicating scent that threatened to destroy all self-restraint. It would be a hell of a lot easier if she wasn't so willing, so eager to drop the game of chase and just give in to his insistent touch. Some small flame of rationally still lingered in his over-stimulated body and he remembered that they were far from privacy, lingering beside the border, directly on a patrol route... but those small details were becoming harder to fixate on the longer he allowed himself to drink her in. "Good." He meant to sound unaffected, casual and calm but Az could hear the waver in voice that betrayed him.

Azure shifted his muzzle down from her lips, to her cheek, and down towards her neck. The closer he moved to her core, the stronger temptation grew. In a brief moment of weakness his jaws parted, coming down upon her scruff but perhaps not as lightly as he'd intended to. Pulling her closer to him and using his paw upon her shoulder blade to keep her there against him. "I think," He murmured, releasing his jaws and running his tongue across his teeth. "I think I need a cold shower." Though having admitted it out loud didn't help him to step away, and he only nuzzled his face within her scruff.    

"Speech"

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

08-10-2021, 09:43 PM

There was something deeply empowering about being the source of such conflict. She could tell his mind and body were at odds, both pulling in opposite directions as he pulled her close, his touch greedy and licentious. Some part of her wondered whether she ought to take pity on him but it wasn't exactly as if she was unaffected either. All she could think and feel was his touch, her mind wondering to how nicely he could treat her if only given the right direction. If he was willing to listen, of course, if he wanted to be the boss she was more than all right with that too.

He seemed pleased with her response but did a pretty poor job at hiding how deeply it affected him, how the relief bled into the single word as if he'd been dying to hear it. Dependant, almost needy, more than enough to kick the heat beneath her skin up a notch or two. The things he did to her...

She felt his teeth tug at the loose skin at the back of her neck, controlling and possessive, and despite how she was supposed to be a good girl, Hanako bit her lip. Holding back any unseeingly sounds that might try to escape, and try they did. Her breathing was soft and shuddery as he pulled her in even closer, so close she feared he'd feel the racing of her heart. And somehow know that even Sparrow had to work a little harder than this to get her going.

"There's a river right there, I won't judge." She said sparingly, making it pretty obvious that was not what she wanted. At all. But then her gaze softened, genuine affection shining in her eyes, there was no need to be so pushy when he was so earnest in his desires. She did not feel rejected or unwanted, if anything she'd never felt so desirable. Like she could have whatever she wanted if she put her mind to it. "Azure. It's all right, I'm not going anywhere."

It felt like the right thing to say and it surprised her how much she meant it too, like she wasn't just feeding him lines.

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-11-2021, 02:48 AM

He let his eyes slide shut as he nuzzled into her, accepting that he was well and truly lost in this moment. Should another unlucky wolf happen to wander by, Azure would simply have to make the murder and disposal fast so he could return to her and not lose too many precious minutes pressed against her. He felt the rapid pace of her heart against him before he heard it, and in the shallow intakes of breath she gave knew that he affected her as relentlessly as she did him. She mentioned the river and he barked a short laugh. "Yes, but you'd never forgive me if I drug you in with me." And it was likely the only way he'd accept the bath was if Hanako was still locked against him.

Her next words hit him where he didn't expect them to, and he reluctantly pulled his head back from her scruff to meet her gaze. Try as hard as he may he could see nor hear an ulterior motive, and his face softened in realization. Weakness sucked, and he nuzzled back into the fur of her neck if only to hide his confusion and relief. It was something he needed but never expected to hear, and it was as if she'd lifted a weight from his shoulders that he'd been carrying for the last year. "Famous last words." He mumbled, determined to ignore his emotions and finding that it only made him feel heavier once more. "You've ran from me twice now, and you haven't even seen the worst of me. Forgive me if I hold onto you a little longer." Az pushed his muzzle into her tighter, seeking the alluring scent and the instinct it brought out in him to drive his feelings away.  

"Speech"

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

08-11-2021, 09:44 AM

Hmm, he had a point. Hanako liked to think she made a lot of exceptions for Azure, that he was worth them all, but heat or not she wasn't going to get her coat all covered in silt and mud. If he tried they both knew she'd at least attempt to wriggle out of his grasp and neither of them wanted that. Being so close like this felt so right, like Hanako had finally found home and more than anything she didn't want this moment to end. It made her wonder if leaving the Armada had ultimately been a good thing in the grand scheme of things, allowing her to finally realise just how well she fit in here, how the Fatalis' made space so she fit perfectly. Or maybe her mind was just doing acrobatics to explain away her faults, to cast blame aside and leave her innocent in all things. And yet the thoughts that swept through her mind could hardly be described as such.

He pulled back to look at her, as though to open her up and flick through her pages, sorting fact from fiction. Even Hanako struggled to get a good read of herself sometimes, her own wants and desires as fickle as the wind, but this was something she wanted. She could feel it as real as her heart beating in her chest, a pooling warmth deep within like the start of a forest fire. Azure was quick to bury his face back into the fluff of her neck and Hanako eagerly welcomed him back, humming in satisfaction as he settled back into the spot he'd left cold and wanting.

She had meant to reassure him, but a troubled sense of burden etched into his voice, earning a sympathetic whine from the back of Hanako's throat. In essence, she'd spent her whole life running, turning a blind eye from reality to look at pretty vistas and gifts, things that made the world look like a place she belonged in. But the Armada grounded her, here she'd found love and loss, come to know herself better than ever before. Perfectly flawed, just like everyone else.

She couldn't apologise for trying to flee, the words caught in the back of her throat like a thorn digging into skin, but she knew that wasn't what Azure was seeking. What was wrong with appreciating the good and bad? Azure had seen Hanako with no details spared, what made him think she wasn't capable enough of turning a blind eye? They all had darkness inside and if...his swallowed her whole then so be it.

"There's nothing to forgive." Perhaps not in the grand scheme of things, but she would never resent him for this. "Hold me for as long as you want." And then to lay it on even thicker. "I just want to be yours, if you'll have me."

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-11-2021, 05:19 PM

Azure indulged himself with another inhale of her sweet scent, telling himself that soon he'd step away before things went too far and too public, but finding his muscles refused to cooperate with the logic with which he spoke to them. This was home, buried in her fur and forgetting for a moment the difficulties of the last few seasons, his life-long competition with his brother, the pack that had changed so much he hardly recognized it anymore. She said there was nothing to forgive and he smiled into her fur - there was a ridiculous amount to forgive, in fact, but the fact that she didn't ask him for apologies was one of the reasons he was comfortable in her presence. Hana had never asked him to admit any sort of weakness to her, but she also did not judge him when he willingly showed it.

After a long moment of silence he released her with a regretful sigh, forcing himself to take a step back from her and feeling the cold emptiness that was left behind without her. "If I had any self-restraint at all, I'd hold you forever." Az admitted with a frowned, watching her with an expression that he hoped got across how seriously he was considering dragging her across the plains to a vacant den. There was that whole.. pack starving, winter approaching issue that still sort of demanded his attention, but it wasn't like stealing a few precious minutes or hours with his koi-wolf would be the difference between life or death, right?

His ears flicked forward to catch her next words, then pulled back against his skull as he realized the weight of them. While his first instinct was to complain that it was too fast, too soon, some more rational part of him tried to remind Az that this was a long time coming. They'd been doing this song and dance for.. almost half his life. Az had considered Hanako his since the day he met her in the woods, but giving himself to another was much harder. He hesitated, giving his koi-wolf an almost apologetic look as he considered this crucial step. She promised him she would not run, but that was while she was feeling attractive and wanted and valued. The last thing he wanted to do was insult her, but Azure was not impulsive where his future was concerned.

"You say that as if you've ever not been mine." He teased her softly. "But if you need to hear it from my lips then yes, Hana, I chose you a long time ago." While the distance he'd put between them may have felt like a mile without her warmth, Azure was still bathed in her scent and near to her face. He moved to brush his lips against hers gently, offering her a soft and delicate kiss that lasted only long enough for that magical, magnetic pull she wielded to rekindle. "And I am yours, for as long as you will have me."

"Speech"

[/color]

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

08-11-2021, 06:48 PM

Hanako exhaled a lungful of air she hadn't even realised she'd been holding in. Azure stepped back just as the rain clouds followed through on their threat, a light pitter-patter at first before becoming increasingly persistent. Hard to ignore. Hanako made a face, clearly displeased with the turn of events. So this was how it was then? Even now Azure struggled against her, denying them both in one fell swoop, but as she stood there with her gaze wandering back to the willows she didn't feel quite so...dejected. It just wasn't the same. He wasn't denying her out of some misguided sense of propriety nor had he shoved her aside the moment she got too close, it was so much better than before; a slow drip of what could be. Beyond that, Hanako knew an heir's work was never done and that now wasn't really the time or place. He wasn't saying no, just not now.

Hanako supposed she could stomach that. For now.

Offering him a side glance with her muzzle still slanted away, Hanako couldn't hold back a smile as he pointed out the obvious. There was no shame in it, if anything it was a small victory to hear him say it aloud, to cement it as fact, something he could not take back. Not that she would allow such thing, not without a fight. She sighed again but it was soft, at ease and content, even the rain didn't bother her so much any more. Being smitten was a very charming look on him and Hanako was greedy, her ears tilted forward to drink in every drop of praise. The best sort of truth that had remained unspoken for far too long and would do well to be repeated like a mantra, over and over till Hanako had her fill.

He kissed her and Hanako returned the affection without any thought, real earnest as she dipped down just a little to offer submissive licks to underside of his muzzle. She would defer to his judgement, gladly handing over the reins even if only to see what he did with them.

"Good. Smart man." Even with her show of submission she couldn't help but return his jest in return. She'd always enjoyed banter. And then a sigh, she ought to leave him be for now, even if the thought of leaving his side made her sour. "You know where to find me, my love." She finished with a sultry purr, turning on her heel as she pushed her way through the grass.

Make of what he will of that.