size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Dream WeaverUnderachieverSmall FriesSocialiteDerby WinnerBy A Whisker
StudentSamhain 2022HomebodyTeacherSnake EyesRapid Poster - Rainbow
Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - Pansexual1KBeeventDouble Master
08-09-2021, 08:15 PM
Come down, come down sweet reverence

Jynn rested up the night before, preparing herself for the swim over to the crescent moon shaped island she'd seen the day before. Morning soon dawned, the pale sun spilling it's bright light over the horizon and chasing away the slate gray clouds that had gathered in the sky overnight. The light bounced and reflected off the teal blue ocean and caught the tops of the green trees that coated the island. Ok, she was ready. The island curved toward the mainland, forming a sheltered bay that was facing toward her. Jynn bounded ahead, taking a few leaps before she was deep enough in the water to paddle effectively.

Nami

Tojo-kai
Kariudo

Novice Navigator (20)

Advanced Hunter (95)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Nyx

Samhain 2022Pride - PansexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
08-12-2021, 10:40 AM
The sea that stretched on far in front of her was a brilliant shade of cerulean, the sun's faint rays gleaming brilliantly across its rippling surface. It was a stark contrast to the pale sands of the beach that seemed to make up most of this luscious island. It was a tropical paradise, and it was exactly what Nami had hoped to find upon leaving her homelands. The waters here were still cold but far warmer than the seas she was used to, and the long swim she'd had to endure to get out to this island had been tiring but not excruciatingly so. By the time she made it across the sun had set and she'd hunkered down for the night, and only when dawn broke was she able to fully take in the sights of Silver Island.

Paradise. No, really - she'd never seen anything more lovely in all her life. Tall palm trees sprouted up all around her and stretched high toward the cloudy sky. Though the sunlight was sparse it still made an attempt to creep through the clouds, and when it did she swore the world lit up completely. Though rain was definitely on the horizon it did little to dampen her spirits as she roused herself awake and began exploring the island, starting to poke through the vegetation of the tropical forest at the island's center. Of course her interest was on the water though and it wasn't long before Nami padded back to the shoreline, near the area she'd swam across to get here just the night before.

Slowly she trailed along the beach, enjoying the feeling of the warm sand against her paws. The shoreline was mostly unremarkable, littered with shells and old dried algae, and occasionally pieces of driftwood that had floated ashore. She passed a crab that was scuttling toward the water, and her gaze followed it and lifted until she saw something unusual coming to shore.. was that another wolf? It was really hard to tell. She hadn't smelled anyone else on this island yet so she was hopeful she might have some company. A grin broke out across her features as she tried to get the stranger's attention, tail wagging wildly in anticipation.

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (300)

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
08-16-2021, 07:44 PM

Jynn worked at swimming through the water, her toes spreading wide to help her even though her paws were rather delicate. Still, she was determined and having grown up near a rain forest she was used to having to swim some times to get to where she wanted to grow. She was almost at the beach when she saw a tawny wolf bouncing on the beach with a rapidly wagging tail. Oh? A native? She seemed friendly enough so Jynn smiled and headed toward the other wolf.

She climbed out of the water, shaking her fur out before padding along the silvery sands of the beach. "Hey there! I'm Jynn, do you live on this island here?"

Nami

Tojo-kai
Kariudo

Novice Navigator (20)

Advanced Hunter (95)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Nyx

08-19-2021, 06:20 PM
This landscape was her ideal sort of place to explore, and though it wasn't too different from the lands she'd grown up in she was still in near-constant wonder of it all. Even the sand seemed different, paler and finer, and it was hard to not sit and gawk at everything she passed by. But for now at least her attention was fixed on the rippling waves, watching as a head bobbed up and down at the surface. The woman's speed was impressive and she decided right away she was impressed with her skill. She'd feared she wouldn't find any other wolves with an affinity for water in these lands, and it was hard not to get her hopes up that she'd already found one - or at least someone that didn't mind getting wet to explore a new place. Her grin only widened once the creature surfaced and she realized this was no ordinary wolf after all. Nami gave her an excited shake of her head, though she nearly hopped up and down with eagerness. "I'm Nami! No, I've never been here before - I'm from far away from here, actually. What about you? Do you live here?" Her orange eyes widened as she waited for an answer, pacing slightly where she stood.

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

08-19-2021, 06:32 PM

Jynn grinned at the exuberant girl as she introduced herself as Nami. Jynn's own tail wagged happily back and forth though in a more lackadaisical manner. "It's nice to meet you Nami, my name is Jynn. I'm not from this area. I'm from an island south of Auster." She gestured southward toward the southern continent.

"I just thought I'd come up here and check out the islands that are in Boreas. What about you?" She hoped the other girl was an explorer. Chances are if she was on this island and didn't live here that she was at least a curious soul. As she spoke Jynn's toes spread and massaged the silvery sand. It was so fine and soft here, not full of small rocks like some of the other beaches she'd visited.

Nami

Tojo-kai
Kariudo

Novice Navigator (20)

Advanced Hunter (95)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Nyx

08-25-2021, 06:00 PM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2021, 06:42 PM by Nami. Edited 1 time in total.)
The stranger introduced herself as Jynn and Nami's smile only grew. There was an obvious, palpable hint of playfulness that emanated from her entire demeanor - even a blind wolf could notice it. Her wagging tail never seemed to cease, and her tone was almost too chipper as she greeted her enthusiastically. "It's nice to meet you too! I'm not sure where Auster is but if it's anything like this place--" She trailed off, wiggling the toes on her front paws as they shuffled in the sand, sinking in a bit deeper before she let them surface again, flinging a bit of the fine sand away from her. she sighed dreamily as she lifted her head higher, sniffing at the salty ocean breeze. Rain was definitely coming, sooner rather than later, though she hoped it might hold off for a few hours yet. Long enough for her to explore the island a bit more in the daylight would be a welcome thing. "I'm not quite sure what I'm doing here yet. This seemed a promising place to explore, so here I am! If you wanted to walk with me I wouldn't mind the company," she wasn't afraid to admit, looking hopeful at the prospect of company. Exploring with someone else was always better than doing it on her own, and already the first stranger she'd met here seemed more receptive to her bubbly personality than any wolf back home ever had. Maybe leaving home hadn't been such a bad idea after all. She knew it hadn't been but it was hard to not feel worried that she'd made the wrong choice, and that she'd end up slinking back home with her tail between her legs and a long-winded apology for ditching her family - but maybe that was further out of the realm of possibility than she thought.

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

09-05-2021, 11:08 AM

"Auster is south of here across a bridge of rainbow sand. It really is quite something though I've only ever seen one island. If you like islands then Boreas is the place to be." She'd heard of a number of islands and had only explored a few but perhaps Nami would like to explore some with her. "I'd love some exploration company." She bounded up along Nami's side so she could walk with the woman along the beautiful beach. She couldn't get over how gorgeous it was here, especially after such a hellish winter. "I plan to head northwest to an island that is supposedly covered with lizards next. You want to travel with me there when we're done here?"

Nami

Tojo-kai
Kariudo

Novice Navigator (20)

Advanced Hunter (95)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Nyx

09-07-2021, 08:51 PM
Her eyes widened with wonder at Jynn's description. A bridge of rainbow sand? She was used to the harsh winters of her homelands, and this far more temperate weather was definitely agreeing with her - and it wasn't even summer yet! She could only imagine how lovely this place would be in the summer. She wondered if she could swim in the ocean for hours without fear of hypothermia. It was almost always a risk in the lands she'd been born into and she was thrilled at the prospect of swimming so freely. "That sounds lovely," she finally exclaimed, still grinning all the while. "I'd love to join you. I wonder what else is on this island. I settled down not far from this beach for the night, but didn't really get a chance to explore." Now she felt well-rested and eager to explore, this island first before moving onto the next - which sounded quite interesting as well, a place covered in lizards! She bounced slightly on her paws, excited at the thought. With some company in tow she made to head inland, traveling over the pale sand to reach the more forested area of the island, already marveling at all the smells around her. There were all sorts of plants she'd never encountered before here and she smelled them before she could find them, her head swinging from side to side as she searched for the source of the scents.