gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Critical Fail!Valentines 2020
08-11-2021, 05:46 PM
Aurielle Adravendi

She’d headed out on patrol before night’s fall, and now a soaking wet autumn night downpour joined her for her shift. She paid it no mind—she was reasonably well-covered by her armor and cloak beneath it, though it required more careful scanning to see around the stiffened edge of her hood, which the wind was pretty determined to yank off her head back to her shoulders.

Soaking tendrils of hair buffeted in limp strings from her tail, but she was unphased. She liked storms. Blizzards better, but thunderstorms and whipping rain and wind were just as pleasant. The west could use the rain to give the grasses and other plant life a boost before winter settled in.

She paused and squinted through the rain at a moment of movement. She had a solo shift, though Loshir stalked through the drencher on the ground on the inside edge of the wall, not visible to any outsider that happened to look in from outside the wall on the ground.

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Labhair an Sean-Teanga." ---- "Hear" ---- Think

[Image: bkRAV4d.png]

At first glance, Aurielle's coat is pure white.. Her fur has an iridescent quality (like moonstones) where the fur shimmers different colors under various angles of light: in this case, the colors shown by rainbow moonstones. Not one hair on her hide is a solid unnatural color, but, ya know, it's really hard to convey that in still art :P
Aurielle's English is heavily laden with an Irish, Swedish mixed accent.
Her family is allowed to crash all her threads, Private and Open.
As of Autumn Year 14, Aurielle glows with a bright blue-white bio-luminescence in her fur, and bears a marking over her left eye - see profile and reference.

Caelia

Loner

Advanced Intellectual (95)

Master Fighter (250)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

The Ooze ParticipantUnderachieverSnake EyesBeeventVolcanoChristmas 2019
08-19-2021, 11:19 AM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2021, 11:19 AM by Caelia. Edited 1 time in total.)
The word restless didn't quite encompass the kind of deep-seated unease that had wedged itself inside Caelia's heart. It had appeared first when her mother had died, and had been exacerbated by the death of Nolan. They'd hardly been more than acquaintances but he'd been one of her only real friends, which was a testament to just how guarded the Adravendi tended to keep herself. The absence of her siblings had only further agitated that restlessness, and now she felt completely and utterly purposeless. She was failing her mother, tarnishing her legacy, Caelia was certain of it. Four years old and nothing to show for whatsoever. She hadn't made a name for herself like she'd hoped and part of her wasn't sure how she could ever live up to the expectations she'd wanted for herself.

Trekking through the downpour made it had to focus on her thoughts for long though, which was probably a good thing. The moor was soaking wet and at this point she Caelia felt like her paws were practically swimming in the grass beneath her. The loud drumming made it hard to focus on much, and the moisture in the air made picking out any scents damn near impossible. At least Aurielle was easily spotted against the rain that streaked her vision, and she shook some of the water out of her eyes as she picked up her pace and made to catch up to her. Maybe some company would be nice, if nothing else.

Aurielle

Loner

Master Intellectual (240)

Master Fighter (255)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

08-25-2021, 03:56 AM
Aurielle Adravendi

A familiar tread of paws swiveled Aurielle’s ears within her hood, and she smiled to herself, twisting briefly once her scan revealed that the form she’d spotted out there was just a runty yearling deer and calling to Caelia in greeting as she remained still, waiting on the wall for the younger woman..

“Good evening, Caelia. Lovely weather, eh? How goes it?” There was a tinge of humor in her remark on the weather as her tail flicked in invitation to the younger wolf.

Caelia was one who had always been reserved in nature, taking time to relax into smiles or laughter, usually through spars or intensive mental work like writing. Aurielle hadn’t missed that Caelia hadn’t been making a great effort to achieve what she’d spoken of desiring for herself when she was younger. The Spirit didn't push her... perhaps that was part of the issue. Perhaps Caelia needed a challenge. She pondered at the thought, then smiled faintly. It was high time for the mentee to become a mentor.

Gwen had been correct, long ago, when she'd said that Aurielle's idea and hope for how mentors and apprentices would work in Valhalla would likely fail if the wolves were left to their own devices on whether they chose their apprentice or mentor. Something to speak to the pack about at the next meeting. Perhaps it was time that she gave a nudge to one wolf she felt had learned enough to begin teaching others.

"Who would you feel most comfortable working with as a mentor and apprentice, if you don't mind my asking?" It wasn't just a leading question; she was genuinely curious to see if there was anyone, young or new to the pack that Caelia might have noted and considered.

At first glance, Aurielle's coat is pure white.. Her fur has an iridescent quality (like moonstones) where the fur shimmers different colors under various angles of light: in this case, the colors shown by rainbow moonstones. Not one hair on her hide is a solid unnatural color, but, ya know, it's really hard to convey that in still art :P
As of Autumn Year 14, Aurielle glows with a bright blue-white bio-luminescence in her fur, and bears a marking over her left eye - see profile and reference.

Caelia

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

09-10-2021, 05:07 PM
The rain was frustrating, but it was slowly pushed out of the forefront of her mind as she drew closer to Aurielle. At least her company was a distraction, more so than her own aimless wandering through the rain. Gently she shook some of the water away from her eyes as she took a few long strides toward her, giving a nod of acknowledgement. "Aurielle," she greeted her simply, her gaze leaving her to find a suitable way up the wall. Once she found it, she leapt up onto it near Aurielle, taking the moment to gaze out across the moor. This place felt strangely eerie on a rainy autumn night like tonight, and she'd be lying if she said she didn't feel slightly unsettled by the weather. "Lovely is one word for it," she commented dryly. Unlike Aurielle she had no hood to cover herself, but already she was growing used to the rain beating down on her coat - once she got a good walk in she'd head back to her den and dry off for the evening. No one had ever died from being rained on, after all.

The question Aurielle asked suddenly didn't surprise her, but she wasn't sure she could answer it easily. She hummed thoughtfully as she considered for a long moment. The drumming of the rain against the ground made it hard to focus on her thoughts. Who would she want to mentor, if given the chance? It wasn't a question she could answer easily. "Perhaps Fidelias," she suggested carefully. Caelia didn't know Justice's children well but Fidelias resonated most closely with how she'd been as a child. He showed potential that she could recognize, and she thought training someone as reserved as him might come more easily to her thanks to their similarities. "But I'm willing to work with anyone who needs training." And I know I haven't been doing my part, she thought bitterly to herself, hoping the silence that followed said enough.

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

10-04-2021, 08:25 AM
Aurielle Adravendi

Aurielle smirked faintly at the woman’s response, but as Caelia considered the options, the Spirit waited patiently, ears perking in a faint nod as Caelia voiced a choice. Fidelias was, if anything, more reserved than Caelia, so it might prove an interesting challenge for the younger woman to have to work someone out of his shell instead of being worked out of her own reservations.

Her head cocked slightly in thought as she added, “I believe you and he may mesh well in the long run. He’s quite reserved, tends to keep to himself. I seem to recall you had an interest in Diplomat work, as well. Young Tel has an interest in diplomacy herself, and she may prove a good pupil. She was either abandoned or orphaned very young, so she still has much to learn, but she’s quick-minded.”

She studied the woman further, mulling over her options. It was always such a delicate-feeling dance to consider recruits for the Shadow Circle, and she wondered if she should just make the Circle’s real use open knowledge to the pack with the warning to keep the reality of it to themselves among non-Valhallans.

Caelia

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

10-08-2021, 01:53 PM

Though the rain coming down was indeed irritating, it had a way of feeling cleansing at the same time - like an opportunity to wash away all of her somber thoughts and begin anew. The thought of training some of the younger wolves in the pack had a similar effect on her. She felt like she'd gone on so long without a real purpose, never excelling where she expected she would; so maybe being a mentor of sorts, even to two wolves instead of just one, might help her feel like she was really contributing. She nodded along to Aurielle's words, agreeing with her completely.

"I can work with Tel as well. How do you suggest I start training her?" Meeting new wolves was one way to learn about diplomacy, as well as attending events held openly by other packs and groups, but she wondered if Aurielle had more specific training in mind. Starting training young was a good thing either way, no matter how she went about it.

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

10-14-2021, 02:08 AM
Aurielle Adravendi

[My brain farted on 'what to start with' so here ya go xD]

Aurielle nodded at Caelia’s acceptance, then pondered over the answer over the course of a few minutes, before she started, “Teach her how to get to know someone without giving too much away about Valhalla. I’ll be doing much of her training as well, along with several others. She’s starting as a Nerve in the War Circle, however once I get the Diplomat Circle going, she’ll be running there, too. Practice writing with her, as well. Walking, talking and enunciation. Multiple teachers can’t be a bad thing, eh?” The last she said with a chuckle.

Her eyes flicked to the younger woman, speculation glinting in her eyes as she added, “What do you think of intelligence work? Gathering information, infiltration and the like?”

It was a first, careful test of the waters. If it wasn’t something that appealed to the younger woman, the Spirit would drop it and leave it at that.

Caelia

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

10-17-2021, 06:42 PM (This post was last modified: 10-17-2021, 06:46 PM by Caelia. Edited 1 time in total.)

Caelia could definitely help teach her some of those things - gathering information, and maintaining a certain demeanor while doing so. These were all things Caelia felt she excelled in. She was a careful speaker, thoughtful around others - especially when it mattered the most. Hopefully Tel proved to be an easy student, but Caelia had a feeling she'd catch on just fine, based on Aurielle's assessment of her thus far. But it was Aurielle's next question that intrigued her far more than anything else. "I'm.. definitely interested, yes," she answered, after only a moment of thought. Such things sounded extremely interesting, but why was Aurielle asking? The way her head tilted and her ears perked forward made her curiosity quite clear, but she waited for Aurielle to continue speaking if she chose to.

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

10-30-2021, 08:00 AM
Aurielle Adravendi

Caelia’s interest was piqued, and some of the tension eased from around the Spirit’s chest as she regarded the woman. “You may know of the Shadow Circle. However, the true purpose of that Circle isn’t just hunter-fighters. They are, in truth, intelligence gatherers, or they would be, if there were and in the Shadow Circle, aside from Drachen. They are trained to blend in, hide their scent, work in the dark, and, if need be, undertake assassinations. I don’t foresee any need of such underhanded killings, but; one never knows. For the most part, I just want information on other packs. Whether they might be considering moving on Valhalla, for instance.”

She walked in silence for several moments to let Caelia absorb the information before adding, “If you join this Circle, no one may know what your real purpose is. I may well adjust the Circle as encompassing more than just hunter fighters, and, perhaps, eventually I may just make it pack knowledge that your are spies or at the very least, diplomats of a sort.”

She tilted her head against a gust of wind and smiled toothily at Caelia, brow-points lifting in her glowing features as she remarked, “Whether you go for this path, or that of a diplomat, you may well excel. You have the dignity and poise that will lend well to such endeavors, and I don’t believe you to be one who loses her temper easily over imagined slights.”

Caelia

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

11-15-2021, 06:26 PM

Her interest was most definitely piqued. For so long she'd thought her path lay in leadership, but this was another pack that definitely intrigued her. It sounded a little more dark than she was used to from Aurielle but she supposed there was a lot more to politics than just playing nice and making good impressions. Her eyebrows raised as she considered the prospect of what Aurielle was asking her; the fact that she'd entrusted her with what seemed like privileged information was enough to sway her, almost before she really considered it fully.

"So I'd be working alongside Drachen, then?" She hadn't spent much time with the male, but knew he came across as level-headed and calm, features she appreciated- especially if she'd end up having to work more closely with him. "I haven't felt much drive for awhile, I'll admit," Caelia expressed after a moment of thought. "But this, definitely interests me. Even excites me." Perhaps her restlessness could be put to good use after all.

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

11-20-2021, 04:04 PM
Aurielle Adravendi

Aurielle was pleased to see a spark growing in Caelia’s eyes, and she nodded in confirmation to Caelia’s question. “Yes. I feel he will do quite well, but he is only one wolf, and there are many packs. You and he, while striking in your own ways, do not stand out like… say, myself or Ardyn, or Tel.” Her eyes twinkled at the self-jab. She, in this stormy weather, did indeed stand out like a star landed on the earth. Even before she’d begun to glow, she was still very much easily recognizable.

She nodded once more to Caelia’s admission, glad to see the woman taking interest. “Then, when you are ready, I’d like you to start as a Mist, or Dauntless Mist, if you like. You are welcome to seek Drachen out and see how far he’s coming along.”

She paused to scan the with-thrashed loner-side moorland as she considered, then spoke, “I believe for your first task, I’d like to learn a bit more about Fireside. I know a few of the members, one of them at least first hand…”

Her lips twitched in a wry smile. The last time she’d been in direct contact with Jupiter, he’d been trespassing, and she’d stomped down on some very tender bits. She hadn’t spoken to the man since. By then she’d begun to see that the friendship was one-sided, and he’d only be in it for personal gain.

“See if you can observe and spot whether they’re in conflict with anyone. Watch them and try to ascertain how they are on resources. If they look like they could be in need of any, let me know. At some point, they will get tired of merely playing around with the walls here, and be serious. Perhaps in my reign, perhaps in Ardyn’s. Best to be prepared.”