An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Mammoth HunterIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerOoh La LaDouble MasterPride - Lesbian1KFestival Organizer
Halloween 2020 - Haunted HouseValentines 2020Christmas 2019Treat 2019
08-24-2021, 04:45 PM

By now, Sparrow was fairly sure Hana wasn't coming back. Sparrow just wasn't sure if it was her CHOICE or not. She seemed so lovely and coy, but not in a bad way last time they had been together. But then just... silence. The silence worried her at first, that it was a her problem. Then it made her restless and angry. Now she was back to worried. What if they had done something to her? What if all this time she had been waiting for Sparrow to come looking for her? What if she wasn't alright at all?

It was a long shot, but Sparrow went straight to the border and called for Hanako herself. Maybe she just didn't know how to properly let Sparrow down and retreated to her pack... Yeah... Wait- that wasn't really any better!

Sparrow has a female Harlequin Macaw named Pongolo and a male Capuchin monkey named Friar, and a hairless mushroom tuxedo cat named Beef Sandwich. She also has cat claws... and some weird leg spike things.

Azure

"Break what can be broken"

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022GlobetrotterStatue 2 WorshipOverachieverIsland HopperSmall Fries
TrapperRunning on EmptySocialiteBest BudsRapid Poster - GoldSouthern Explorer
WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
ScarredCritical Fail!ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerWordyLoser
Snake EyesDouble MasterLegendaryCritical Hit!1K
08-24-2021, 06:10 PM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2021, 07:20 PM by Azure. Edited 1 time in total.)

Calls at the border were not an unusual thing, and while occasionally Azure had accompanied his father to the caller as a yearling, he'd found it required much too much diplomacy for a wolf like himself. Alpha's and representatives were expected to be professional, polite, and non-confrontational to visitors, and nobody had found it funny when the Valhalla leader had shown herself and Azure had called her a lamp post. This time was different, not the blanket call of a stranger summoning an alpha but summoning one wolf in particular - his Hanako. "Keep her away." Azure barked to his companion, taking a moment to watch the snow leopard disappear into the grasses obediently.

He'd made it to the border first, though he assumed his father wasn't far behind. There was a risk that the warlord would disapprove of Azure answering the call in his stead, though he only hoped the possessive brute could understand the need to protect what was his. Hana and Az had grown close over the weeks - both emotionally and physically - and the heir would not risk losing her again.

Azure had a faint recognition of the wolf that stood before him, but it had been so long since he'd seen her at Armada borders. She'd come with.. that wolf who pissed himself, and Sirius had chased the pair away. Was this Sparrow, the pirate that Hana had fallen for? He didn't think she was a pirate when she'd been here last. "Who the hell are you?" He snapped.

"Speech"

Both of Azure's ears have notches and tears.
Az has a scar across his right eye, a mirror image of his natural born marking.
Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.
Not all of these features are always reflected in his art.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipPride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Legendary
Derby WinnerHomebodyLighting McQueenExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
Halloween 2020 - Haunted House1KBeevent
08-24-2021, 07:16 PM

Hanako had settled well into Azure's quarters, furnishing it with what little of her belongings she'd managed to salvage from the ruins of her old den. His place wasn't quite as spacious or as thoughtfully laid out as her own, but that was to be expected since he'd gone out of his way to make hers the best of the best. Beyond the lingering notes of sourness aimed towards Lia and her butter paws she quite liked the new arrangement, she was not so opposed to change if it meant getting closer to Azure. And honestly, making him sleep outside to keep watch was just too much, a slight she didn't have an interest in clinging onto.

Her ears tipped as she caught the finishing note of Sparrow calling out to her and-whoops. With no exaggeration necessary, Hanako had forgotten about the Pirate King's offer and her promise to get back with to her with a final decision. Woosh, poof, gone for her mind as though the word lust simply only had one meaning. She leaned her weight back onto her hind limbs, recalling how she'd told Azure she hadn't made up her mind just yet, lingering on the fence as if he'd ever let her stay there. Even now, distantly, the prospect was tempting, a shiny new thing dangled before her nose that made her go cross-eyed as she stared at it with a waning sense of impulse control.

But no. Azure had given her a much-needed reality check and...even from a selfish point of view there was a lot a pack like the Armada could give her. Probably more than a wandering band of pirates who had no rhyme or reason to put down roots.

She was going to stay. Such a choice made her pause as she glanced towards the distant shadows of the Willows, it was such a reasonable thought that she wondered what sort of influence the Fatalis' were having on her. Somehow both filling her pool whilst spreading it thin so it remained as shallow as ever.

Breaking into a gallop, Hanako knew she had to act fast unless she wanted one of Azure's other companions to cut her off. Bean and Toshi made no attempt to stop her as she left them behind, crossing the Plains with long-leggy strides she was quick to make it to the border, where Azure was already planted in place. She made a point of coming to a stop a fair distance away from the border, her breathing calm despite the strange tightness forming in her chest. She didn't know what to say to fix this and it frightened her.

She simply shook her head, hoping it would catch Sparrow's eye and she'd infer her meaning.

[Image: dfvjf24-4160f57c-3b2d-47de-b3e1-aa34987f...SqQlFNW-eM]

Sparrow

"Ms. steal yo girl"

Raiders Hollow
Very Important Pirate

Master Fighter (258)

Master Navigator (250)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Mammoth HunterIce Bridge Explorer
08-28-2021, 08:54 PM

Aaaand the guy who arrived was not Hanako, nor Sirius- who Sparrow had only briefly met. He looked like a log that had moss growing on top of it suddenly sprouted fangs and legs and an over-inflated ego before appearing before her. He simply asked who the hell she was and her heart was set ablaze, a mad twinkle in her eye. It wasn't love, nor hate, just the tingly excitement of a potential conflict. She couldn't help the toothy smile that slipped on her face as she let the brute stand there for a while as silence hung in the air. Oh, this could go so many ways, couldn't it? Her eyes were glued to him, sizing him up and loving every minute of it- hoping he hated it as much as she loved it. The seconds ticked by and had Sparrow been less absorbed in her new challenger, she'd have seen Hana standing silently in the corner of her vision.

But she didn't, the poor girl forgotten nearly entirely as Sparrow tried to wipe the dumb anticipatory smile off her face.

"I'm sorry?" Sparrow asked with a questioning hum, her expression still too sharp to ever pass for confused. "I believe I called for my girlfriend, Hana, not some mildewed log come to life. The air was electric, and though she couldn't guess exactly the relationship between him and Hana, she could guess from his rapid appearance and harsh greeting. It made things complicated, exciting. "So, y'know... who the hell are you?" She waited for him to snap at her, to charge her, yell at her and call his big strong daddy to come defend his overflowing pride. It was a competition and she wanted to break him.

Sparrow has a female Harlequin Macaw named Pongolo and a male Capuchin monkey named Friar, and a hairless mushroom tuxedo cat named Beef Sandwich. She also has cat claws... and some weird leg spike things.

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
09-02-2021, 05:04 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2021, 06:03 PM by Azure. Edited 1 time in total.)

The stranger gave him a toothy smile, seeming to enjoy the interruption to his otherwise nice morning. Azure did not return the expression, his lips setting further in annoyance. He felt his leopard's fur brush past his leg and he nudged her away, taking the creature's return as success that she'd warded the koi-wolf off. Had he turned his head he might see that no, Hana had made it here just fine and that the leopard was returning defeated in her mission, but Azure had more important things to focus on then what was going on behind him. The pirate did not give her name, but her retort gave Az all the information he needed to determine exactly who she was. Her girlfriend? Hana? This was Sparrow, and she was wildly mistaken. "Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but she's long forgotten your one-night-stand." He told her, ignoring her insult and staring daggers into her eyes. "I am Azure Fatalis, Heir to the Armada, and Hanako belongs to me." Declaring himself Hana's boyfriend felt.. weird, so he avoided the words.

Not long after the clouded leopard returned, he felt the familiar weight of his bat return to his shoulders. While occasionally stupid, the creatures were loyal and could tell when a fight was beginning to brew. "Turn and leave here and I'll allow you to take what remains of your pride with you." Az told her, gesturing with his head back behind her into the weeping woods.  

"Speech"

Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Sparrow

"Ms. steal yo girl"

Raiders Hollow
Very Important Pirate

Master Fighter (258)

Master Navigator (250)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

09-03-2021, 05:47 PM

The man said she had long forgotten their one night stand and Sparrow let out a dry laugh, That's cute- is that what you tell yourself at night? That she just had a one-night stand? That she didn't cozy by my side? Press herself against my frame in the dead of night?" Sparrow smiled. Poor boy must not know Hana at all. He went on to say that he was the heir and Hanako was hers. "Ah yes, you do seem just like your father," Sparrow mused. Did she know Sirius? No, but they both seemed bitey. Her eyes met his sharp glare, but her held amusement. "Did Hanako belong to you when she was kissing my pirates? My uncle? Myself?" Okay, she wasn't sure if she and Tyrian had kissed, but they seemed awfully friendly and Sparrow thought the list sounded better with his name thrown in.

Azure offered to let her leave with her pride and Sparrow barked a harsh laugh. She would have kept laughing but Friar elbowed her roughly. "Pride? That's funny, never heard of it." Pongalo came to land on a branch nearby and Sparrow silently hope she learned Azure's voice for reenactments later. "If you're so sure she's yours, then why are you so scared to let her talk to me, hm? If you're the big proud heir of the Armada, then why did your girl go telling me it was messy and boring? If she's your girl, then why do I know her scent? Her taste?"

Sparrow sneered, really upping the anti, "Nahhh, I think I'll wait right here until I can talk to her myself- in private."

Sparrow vs Azure for lemme talk to the GORL
Round 0/x
Size: Dire wolf
Build: Heavy
Offensive Battle Accessory: Sword
Defensive Battle Accessory: Reinforced pirate hat
Companion 1: Harlequin Macaw, Female - Flying
Companion 2: Capuchin monkey, Male - Battle
Mutation 1: Cat claws - Offensive
Mutation 2: Bone spurs - Defensive
Skills: Master Fighter & Master Navigator
Specialty: Knight

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

09-03-2021, 06:26 PM

Azure shrugged, attempting to appear aloof to Sparrow's many claims of how well Hana got around, but he felt the sting of her words deep in his chest. His expression remained steeled and angry,  though it was hard to push away the images Sparrow had conjured of his koi-wolf wrapped in the arms of god knows how many women and men. She had been Az's first, but he had not been hers. It was something he already knew, but hearing it again from another's lips was somehow much more painful. "You, your pirates, and your uncle were all rebounds." He insisted in even tones. "Hanako believed me to be dead, she was grieving, and I do not blame her for whatever way she chose to grieve." Besides, Hana had already admitted to him that he was on her mind when she fucked Sparrow, and whether it was truth or not he'd decided to trust the koi-wolf's words.

Sparrow continued on and the man gritted his teeth, flexing his mutated paws into the earth. The pirate's words rang true - Azure did not want Sparrow to have this conversation with Hana. What they had together still felt so fragile, and he could not be sure that the draw of an adventuring, carefree pirate would not shatter their bond. She spoke of the way she tasted, and Azure felt the remainder of his self control dissipate. "You can cling to the past as long as you want, hold onto that memory her taste because it's the last you'll know." He insisted firmly. "And should you see her again in passing, don't be put off on how much her scent has changed - she'll very soon smell of milk, and pups, and of me. That is something I have given her that you never could, and I won't allow you anywhere near her nor the pups she carries." It was still too early to say for sure, though Azure was merely upping the ante himself. They'd bound themselves together on the season of her heat, and as far as he was aware they'd not discussed her taking any form of birth control. Whether true or not, he'd play the cards he could to throw the pirate off her game and show to her that Hana belonged to him and him alone.

He did not give it much time to sink in - already the pirate had dismissed his rather gracious offer for her to leave unharmed, and Azure was not one to make idle threats. He lunged for her, aiming to cross the short distance between them and land a bite to her left cheek. His left forepaw came up, intending to fall hard upon her right shoulder as he did so and dig long, curved claws into her flesh there. Az threw all his weight at it, hoping the blow would be enough to knock her off balance and make for a quick end to this nonsense. From his side the clouded leopard sprung with him, circling Sparrow and aiming to bite onto her rear-left heel. The flying fox took off from his master's shoulders, flying towards the pirate's face and flapping his wings to try and aid in distracting the other direwolf. Poor Bean the fisher was slow to join the battle, sprinting away from Hanako with a startled yelp and missing the first round of combat.

Azure vs Sparrow for Minor Maim (right shoulder scarring) + (gtfo and never come back, bitch)
Round 1/?
Build: Medium
Offensive Battle Accessory: Bracers with knife
Defensive Battle Accessory: Condor body armor
Companion 1: Large flying fox, Male - Battle
Companion 2: Clouded leopard, Female - Battle
*Companion 3: Fisher, Male - Battle
Mutation 1: Saber fangs - Offensive
Mutation 2: Bear paws - Offensive
Mutation 3: Bone spurs - Offensive
Skills: Master Fighter & Master Hunter
Specialty: Bloodletter

"Speech"

Sparrow

"Ms. steal yo girl"

Raiders Hollow
Very Important Pirate

Master Fighter (258)

Master Navigator (250)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

09-03-2021, 07:02 PM

Awww they were all rebounds, huh? "Awe, all of us? Even the ones I don't know about and you never will? What if- maybe- you're the rebound? Her just trying to get in with something she thought she lost. It's okay- the newness will wear off." Sparrow shot him a toothy smile, "Just like it did with Tyrian, Pyralis, maybe even myself. How long till we're in the forgotten club together?" She didn't want to admit that delivering that line hurt, but hey, if she could make him doubt their relationship, she was all for it.

He said that maybe her scent would change because of her having pups and Sparrow- god damn it Sparrow- only had a few very grotesque suggestions fill her head for replies. "Gross. Some blue green dick is about the only thing you could give her that I couldn't which- let's be honest- isn't really that much." Cheap shot. She'd take it. "But you warning me off is getting me too excited, Azure. Tellin' me what to do and what not to do... It's just so hot." She moaned as she pretended to be into it before droping the act entirely, eager to get this on with. "Is that what you expect? Is that what Hana says when you abu- put the strong words on her? You think some big daddy words to scare me away? Or is it a challenge to wait two years so you can be my in law? Or maybe you'll watch from afar as I raise the pups you sired."

When he kicked off, Sparrow nearly growled with excitement. Finally! Sparrow flexed out her claws and arm blades simultaneously, launching back at him. He took hold of her left cheek, and clawed her right shoulder. She aimed to rock her head to grab at the tender underjaw and throat. Sparrow threw her weight against him as well, hoping her heft being more than his would give her the advantage. She aimed to lean her left shoulder into his chest as she pushed, lifting her left leg and slamming it to the side in hopes her elbow blade would puncture into his chest or at the very least slice it like a medium rare fillet. The leopard gnawed at her back left heel, but before Sparrow had a chance to deflect, Friar aimed to jump on its back and pull its ears backwards. Pongalo flew above, mimicking Azure's voice, "I order you to stop attacking the pirate and go get Hanako and bring her here!" Pongolo shouted in Azure's mock voice. "Let Sparrow bed with her and raise my pups as her own!"

Sparrow vs Azure for lemme talk to the GORL and maim
Round 1/2

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

09-03-2021, 07:24 PM

Sparrow really liked to talk, and Azure could not blame her for it because she was very successful in throwing him off kilter with her words. He was managing to keep a level head somewhat okay, until she mentioned becoming his daughter in law and the bearish heir saw red. His teeth landed upon her cheek his claws dug into her shoulder hard and pulled at the flesh there. Whatever the outcome, he prayed she came out of the battle as disgusting on the outside as she was on the inside.

Her teeth found purchase at the base of his underjaw, but with his hold upon her right cheek she'd have had to turn her head to the right to accomplish the bite. Her weight hefted against him, but he shifted tactics and released the pressure upon her left. He felt her shoulder push into his chest and then the cut of flesh and shifted his weight, bringing his left paw off of her and hefting up his right instead. With his mutated paw he aimed to shove her to her right while her head was turned, to try and throw her off balance and to the ground to end it.

The leopard released it's hold upon Sparrow's limb, turning upon the monkey instead. "Azure's" voice sounded from above, and the flying bat was not so stupid as to be confused by a voice coming from the wrong direction. His companions may have been abused into submission and obedience, but they were forced to think twice about the blind obedience when obeying the bird would surely only bring harm to them later.

The fisher had flown in in time to launch himself at Sparrow's left side, but as his tiny paws extended to try and grasp onto the fur, the bird's voice sounded. New to the team and undertrained, Bean was utterly confused. He squeaked in alarm for the second time, and aimed to push immediately back off the wolf as his 'master' bid, scurrying away and back toward Hanako to cower between her feet.

Azure vs Sparrow for Minor Maim (right shoulder scarring) + (gtfo and never come back, bitch)
Round 2/2
Build: Medium
Offensive Battle Accessory: Bracers with knife
Defensive Battle Accessory: Condor body armor
Companion 1: Large flying fox, Male - Battle
Companion 2: Clouded leopard, Female - Battle
*Companion 3: Fisher, Male - Battle
Mutation 1: Saber fangs - Offensive
Mutation 2: Bear paws - Offensive
Mutation 3: Bone spurs - Offensive
Skills: Master Fighter & Master Hunter
Specialty: Bloodletter

"Speech"

Sparrow

"Ms. steal yo girl"

Raiders Hollow
Very Important Pirate

Master Fighter (258)

Master Navigator (250)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

09-03-2021, 07:42 PM

She could feel his anger and she ate it up. Every second, she felt her will struggling against his as their bodies clashed. Fighting could be just as fulfilling and as intimate as any act and Sparrow was definitely feeling it, her own heart pouring into her actions.

Azure pushed her and her balance began to falter as his other companion latched onto her side. Sparrow wasn't keen on going down, but she also thought that maybe she could take him down with her. She aimed to hook her front paws around his front legs and pivot as she aimed to rip herself away from his jaws and sling him onto the ground as she went down, hoping to land on top of him or at least beside him as she attempted to smush her nose and lips onto his own. If he was stunned into inaction, at least she could finish him off, even if they both left with a fat lip.

Pongolo meanwhile swirled above, mocking Azure the whole time, "Oh Sparrow, you're so hot when you fight, you can have Hanako! I don't even want to fight- take my kingdom and my girl and let me be your servant, oh pirate king!"

Sparrow vs Azure for lemme talk to the GORL and maim
Round 2/2

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
09-03-2021, 08:13 PM

And the winner is...

Sparrow

Azure must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out.

Totals:

Azure :
Attack Roll: 51
Defense Roll: 10
Agility Roll: 44
Perception Roll: 94
Total: 199
Attack[51] + 100% Bonus[51.00]: 102.00
Defense[10] + 10% Bonus[1.00]: 11.00
Agility[44] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 44.00
Perception[94] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 94.00
Total[251.00] + 40% Bonus[100.40]: 351.40

Sparrow :
Attack Roll: 75
Defense Roll: 50
Agility Roll: 47
Perception Roll: 98
Total: 270
Attack[75] + 40% Bonus[30.00]: 105.00
Defense[50] + 25% Bonus[12.50]: 62.50
Agility[47] + 25% Bonus[11.75]: 58.75
Perception[98] + 10% Bonus[9.80]: 107.80
Total[334.05] + 25% Bonus[83.51]: 417.56

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

09-03-2021, 08:23 PM

Sparrow had weight on him, and against his best efforts she swept him quite literally off his feet and toward the ground. Az's jaws released her in the panic of falling, and his head pulled back sharply away from her teeth as she released his underjaw. His heavy body hit the ground hard below her, his head cracking backwards against a nearby boulder and flooding his vision with darkness. The last thing he felt was, a kiss?? A painful kiss, one with teeth and force and likely some residual swelling as his head cracked back against the rock and into her lips. Probably imagining things, right? Az didn't have long to dwell on it, before the fading vision spread and he felt his limbs suddenly grow cold, and then there was nothing.

-whoops submission/exit to unconsciousness-

"Speech"

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipPride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Legendary
09-03-2021, 08:51 PM

Hanako's half-arsed attempt at cutting off the drama before it spiralled out of control went about as well as you'd expect. Which is to say, it did jack shit. Standing amongst the greens and brown hues of the grass she didn't blend in at all, but maybe Sparrow simply couldn't see her from this angle. Or maybe she was just too busy throwing witty and frankly mortifying remarks up in the air, waving Hanako's dirty laundry about for the whole world to see. Honestly....Hanako had done a lot during her time away, things she hadn't really taken the time to think about or process. Had she been acting out instead of dealing with her emotions? Probably! Did she wanna take the time to consider why she'd acted so self destructively? Nope, not today if ever! Self reflection wasn't a skill she was interested in honing, and her problems weren't an issue if she didn't pay them any mind. Smart, right?

And then Azure said some choice stuff and Hanako made a face that was none too flattering. She loved the attention and all, power to her for being the root cause of this tug of war, but...Well maybe it wasn't all she'd thought it'd crack up to be. It was so tiring being so desirable. Naturally the pair began to clash and Hanako shifted her weight onto her back paws. What was she supposed to do? Let it unfold and enjoy the show or call for help? Breaking her focus, Bean scampered over, taking refuge against Hanako's chest as she nudged him close. He'd done his best, surely Azure wouldn't fault him for this.

Redirecting her attention back to the squabble, Hanako felt little desire to do the responsible thing. It didn't help at all that Sparrow-and by extension her companions- easily made a big spectacle of it all, ending the fight in what looked like to be a painful kiss/headbutt? Azure collapsed to the floor and it was enough to draw Hanako out from the grass as she rushed to his side to make sure he was okay. Gently patting his side it didn't take a genius to work out he was knocked out cold and would probably remain that way for a little while. She knew he'd complain but she'd nag him into getting his head looked at later, he was tough and all but the Armada had healers for a reason. Ones who needed to earn their keep like everyone else.

Lingering by Azure's side-and with Bean perched across her shoulders- she turned to Sparrow. It was about time they talked, now seemed as good as a time as any to set the records straight.

"Jeeze Sparrow why don't you just call me a tramp whilst you're at it?" She griped, her words coming out sharper than she'd anticipated.

Sparrow

"Ms. steal yo girl"

Raiders Hollow
Very Important Pirate

Master Fighter (258)

Master Navigator (250)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

09-03-2021, 09:07 PM

As quickly as the fight had started, it was over. And before Sparrow could even process that, Hanako was there. Sparrow blinked a few times to make sure this Hanako was real. And she wasn't all the two pleased. Sparrow's ears fell back and her brow furrowed, "Well I intended to call you Lust before you vani- were kidnapped." She sounded a little more bitter than she intended. She sounded hurt as her voice cracked slightly as she stammered, but maybe that was from her throat being irritated from the fur in her maw. A glance over showed that Hanako was more or less unharmed. Had she been here this whole time on her own accord?

Sparrow searched Hanako's face for any of the affection it once held in its beautiful features. Her heart still hammered in her chest from the physical fight, but it ached with each pulse from the emotional one. "Why didn't you say anything? About him? About wanting his pups? About-" Sparrow tossed a look skywards as her emotions tried to pool in her eyes and she chuckled back the lump in her throat as she threw on a flimsy smile, "About not being my Lust?"

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

09-03-2021, 09:41 PM

"It's not-" Hanako sighed so deeply poor Bean got jostled. This was a mess, yet another splatted right in front of her paws. Now she was forced to face the music she was at a loss of what to say, no words felt right on the tip of her tongue. "Because I didn't think it would come to this. He- we used to be together, sort of. And he's always been so good to me but he went missing and I was told he'd died." She paused and drummed her paw against the ground, in a nervous little beat. A bad habit threatening to form.

This was the reason she avoided these sorts of conversations, it was a sink or swim situation and she was at risk of plummeting fast. She teetered on the edge and the words that passed her lips didn't feel like her own. She wanted to stop, to bite her lip and say something else, but something drove her forward. Like it was about time she was honest, without decadent dressing to make it seem more palatable.

"My parents sold me when I was a few weeks old, I don't even remember their faces." Maybe that's why she was so desperate for attention and a sense of belonging, cause she'd been denied it from the start. "I think I wanted to be wanted-and you were so good to me. I was going to say yes. I just-" I can't be alone. She clicked her teeth shut and was quick to clear her throat. "I'm sort of grounded right now, I just ran away with you instead of asking to leave and I got in trouble for that. But then he came back and I told him about you and we argued, a lot."

She was at risk of rambling off onto a meaningless tangent, hurt piling atop of more hurt. Where were her diplomatic skills when she needed them? More so where was her old mask, try as she might she couldn't play this off all cool with a smile. Maybe Sparrow was too good for her, maybe that's why they just couldn't be.

"I didn't do this to hurt either of you. I wouldn't do that. And I don't know what to call this but I don't think anyone is to blame, least of all you for caring about me."

Sparrow

"Ms. steal yo girl"

Raiders Hollow
Very Important Pirate

Master Fighter (258)

Master Navigator (250)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

09-04-2021, 06:48 PM

Hanako explained that it was never supposed to come to this and Sparrow had to stop herself from scoffing. Of course it wasn't. It never was. She explained she had supposed to have been with Azure and that she was sold. That she was going to say yes to being Sparrow's Lust, but that she was... grounded? Sparrow did a double take, her shock apparent on her face as her hurt expression flickered to hot anger for a second. She said Sparrow wasn't to blame and Sparrow wanted to stamp her foot and exclaim that of course she wasn't at fault. But there were more pressing matters at hand.

"Grounded? What are you, a pup?" She asked incredulously. She tossed her glance to either side as her brain spiraled and her tears stung in her eyes. Was she hurt or angry? She wasn't even sure anymore. "He argued because you were with me, but he tells me he can't blame for how you grieved. That doesn't even make sense. He says you belong to him. That you'll be carrying his pups. He's grounded you. Is this really-" Her voice choked off as if she had swallowed booze that was just a tad too strong. She cleared her throat, but no words came, even though her brain knew what she needed to ask. She took in a shaky breath, reminding herself that she was king of the pirates.

"Is that really what you want, Hanako? Your freedom to roam, your ability to love whoever- all that for a man who wants to own you? Lock you down? Chaperone your every move and give you his pups? Will your pups even be able to choose who to love?" She wanted to scream, but she bit her tongue. She was leaning too close, getting into Hanako's space, her anger trying to win over her sadness and confusion. Her breaths came out hot and trembling as she shook her head as if to clear it.

"What can he give you that I can't?" she asked with the remaining force in her body as her paw jutted into the unconscious brute at her feet. "If it's pups, I can get you some. We can have some. Hell, you can even have his if that's what you want." She was rambling, desperate. It was a lot she was laying out here. "With the pirates, you could roam wherever you wanted, alone or accompanied, but always by your choice. You could love whoever you wanted- me, Pyralis, Tyrian, even Azure, but you wouldn't belong to anyone. You'd be your own wolf. And when you're tired, you'd always have a home to come to, a den to lay in, or you could share one with me- or anyone you wanted. If you had pups, they'd be raised free to do and love who they want, with all the aunts and uncles of the band. You'd never be grounded, never begging for permission. The world would be yours for the taking."

She was nearly out of breath from her rambles, even though the rush from the fight was wearing off.

"What do you want, Hana? A pack? I'll get you one? Objects? I've got plenty. Love? Adoration? I have more for you than you'll be able to consume in three lifetimes. The moon? I'll go to the tallest mountain and pull it down for you." Her voice grew uncharacteristically quiet, fragile, as her eyes searched Hanako's. "Just name it- just tell me, Hanako."

"Please."

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

09-04-2021, 08:08 PM

Sparrow wasn't angry; she was hurt and that was far worse than any ire she could have spat Hanako's way. The koi-wolf shifted uncomfortably, a deep and unsettling ache coiled its way through her system before carving itself into the hollow of her chest. Like it had any right to be there. She'd never been...asked like this before, never really been a chance to sit down and really think about how she wanted things to be. Forced to choose between one thing or another. There was a sense of comfort in knowing that Azure was both able and willing to take the wheel, to act with her best interests at heart even if it didn't always seem that way at first glance. Hanako knew she could be happy here, the Armada had been her home for the longest time, and there was stability to be found within its borders. Wolves who could see her flaws and liked her all the same.

And yet, Sparrow had only seen the best of her, all smiles and cooing words that would make anyone feel good about themselves. Whether she'd realised it or not, she'd fallen for a mask Hanako had forgotten to take off. Now Hanako would never be the sort to self-sacrifice, or even admit she was deeply flawed in ways nothing but a boat load of therapy could fix, but she knew this wasn't right.

Her offers instead of being tempting little babbles for her to fawn over were like ice-cold rain drops and the more Sparrow rambled on, grasping at straws, the quicker Hanako got drenched. She raised a paw to reposition herself slightly, as though to take comfort in Azure's-unconscious- presence, only to realise it was trembling. Hard. She shook her head. Not in an act of denial, rather as a means of just trying to think. To chase away the lump forming in her throat, without much success.

For all her melodrama and theatrics, Hanako didn't...get like this often. She found herself wishing Azure would just wake up and force the issue, state his claim and intent, leaving Sparrow no choice but to back off and live a better life. Even if it hurt at first. But Hanako's life hadn't yet lived up to her ideals of fairy tales and lustre before, why would it suddenly change now?

"Please. I love him." Was all she managed.

Sparrow

"Ms. steal yo girl"

Raiders Hollow
Very Important Pirate

Master Fighter (258)

Master Navigator (250)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

09-07-2021, 06:57 PM

Nothing. There was nothing. She just shifted and stared, nothing behind the eyes that once held Sparrow's world. Each word that fell from Sparrow's lips onto deaf ears stung. Sparrow could SEE her clocking out mentally, shrinking away internally, looking for the easy out. Her hurt and torment burned in her chest, drying the lump in her throat, but making her eyes burn more.

"Please. I love him."

Sparrow scoffed, or snorted, or huffed, or some action that was like her physically trying to dislodge whatever feelings she had left for the pitiful woman in front of her. "Yeah," she said dryly, steeling herself, choosing anger and hatred over hurt and love. "I thought you coulda said the same about me once." She hardened further, tearing her gaze away from Hana and settling it onto Azure. It was easier to be angry at him and while looking towards him than it was to be direct with Hanako, but she needed to be angry. She wouldn't let some reboundee see her crying, upset, broken down. If she couldn't have Hanako's love, she could garner her hate- fill her mind and show her just what a mistake she made. Sparrow would have burnt down the world for her, but now she wanted to burn her world down for herself. It was selfish, petty, but hey, she was just a pirate.

After filling up on anger from glaring at Azure's limp form, Sparrow finally found the will to snap her gaze back toward Hanako's. "Do you love him? Really? Or do you love what he has? Would you love him if he lost it- if I took it all away?" her nose scrunched as she forced back the rest of her tears. "If he was nothing but a no-good, packless pirate king?" Sparrow gave a disdainful snort as she turned away, her eyes lingering on Hana just a moment longer than they should have before she tore away.

"Better tend to you man before he dies again and you find yourself rebounding into my arms again," She said, turning her eyes to look at Hanako one last time. "Because if you do, I'm not likely to let go of you ever again."

-exit-

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

09-07-2021, 08:39 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2021, 11:33 AM by Hanako. Edited 1 time in total.)

Hanako said nothing. No words she had at her disposal were ever going to be enough, in this sort of situation someone was always going to walk away wounded and Hanako simply couldn't muster the will to do any damage control. A darkness stirred within her, thoughts of not being good enough pressed at her temples like a migraine. She hadn't felt this way....in forever, like her mind was no longer her own. Spoiled, like wasted goods. Her gaze briefly flickered to Azure in a panic, though Hanako was quick to smother it. The Pirate had said all sorts of things about what she'd done when he was...gone, was this the new metric of her worth?

Sparrow continued and set her stare upon Hanako once more as accusations came out in a frustrated torrent. She'd never been built for weathering storms, least of all of those of the ocean. The Pirate King had only ever been good and kind to her, earnest in her affections, but she was starting to see her claim behind the title. Besting Azure had not been a fluke, she could rip Hanako open right here and now and the koi-wolf would be powerless to stop it. Might even deserve it.

She pressed the pale of her lips shut, hoping that'd be enough to stop them from wobbling. It wasn't.

Sparrow was intent on having the last word and truly did not pull her punches. Did this make her feel better? To tear down the pretty curtains Hanako had put up to conceal the worst of herself? Bare and exposed that even the ocean wind grated against her skin? And then she was gone, leaving Hanako to face the consequences of her actions. Or inaction.

Leaning down to press her muzzle against the fluff of Azure's neck, Hanako whined deep in her throat. Like a dog who'd been kicked for getting in the way.

"Az please wake up."

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

09-08-2021, 02:21 PM

The world was fading in and out, and while snippets of conversation brushed past his not-quite-conscious mind, they were too foggy and far away to grasp onto and understand. The brush of a muzzle across his neck felt foreign, drawing his attention from the spinning depths of darkness behind closed eyelids while he struggled to comprehend where he was, what was happening, and who was touching him. "Az please wake up." The voice was familiar, though the words had to pass across his mind multiple times before he was able to decipher the words, who Az was, and who was speaking.

He woke with a startle, leaping to his unstable paws and trying to ignore the nausea and pain that quickly followed the rapid movement. "Sparrow," He choked, spinning in place in quick half circles. "Where did she go?" It was coming back quickly and adrenaline flushed through his veins once more, his body preparing for round two of their battle. Hana was standing there unharmed but he didn't remember her arrival, nor whether or not she was next to him when he woke. The sadness in her eyes was unmistakable, and the koi-wolf seemed to be quivering trying to keep it all in. "Are you okay?"

"Speech"