gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Critical Fail!Valentines 2020
08-26-2021, 12:07 AM
Aurielle Adravendi

Though the weather was cooling as winter drew nearer, thunderstorms still lashed the continent, and it was in another stormy night that the Spirit took to the wall to attend to her patrol shift. Wind howled, lightning crackled, and she padded along the stones of the wall, tail fluttering in the high winds, cloak billowing around her hips and hood snatched back against the slope of her shoulders. She was pretty sure if she hadn’t been wearing her armor over the fabric it would have been halfway to Silver Island by now.

She squinted into the rain, scanning north toward the Rocks, glowing features dripping. Most prey animals were tucked away in shelter from the storm, but a storm like this was good raiding cover. Eligos and Aerie had yet to conduct their raid, and it was more likely for them to start at the Moor, but she wouldn’t put it past the sharp-minded Abraxas male to use tactics and attack the Plains, instead.

Her mane caught in the wind, blurring in a particularly dour gust and she drew in a deep breath of the sopping wind, letting it out with a sigh the downpour’s roar muffled. Ahead there was a shelter, and she slipped into the sentry hide, taking a moment to use one of the folded pieces of absorbent cloths to soak up some of the rain from her face and resettling her hood with Ayodele’s help as the lemur, grumbling at the soaked nature of her own fur, bounded into the hide.

After a moment, Aurielle slid back out into the gale, back onto her route.

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Labhair an Sean-Teanga." ---- "Hear" ---- Think

[Image: bkRAV4d.png]

At first glance, Aurielle's coat is pure white.. Her fur has an iridescent quality (like moonstones) where the fur shimmers different colors under various angles of light: in this case, the colors shown by rainbow moonstones. Not one hair on her hide is a solid unnatural color, but, ya know, it's really hard to convey that in still art :P
Aurielle's English is heavily laden with an Irish, Swedish mixed accent.
Her family is allowed to crash all her threads, Private and Open.
As of Autumn Year 14, Aurielle glows with a bright blue-white bio-luminescence in her fur, and bears a marking over her left eye - see profile and reference.

Tel'Teukiira

Loner

Expert Fighter (160)

Expert Intellectual (140)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

By the skin of my teethPride - Demisexual1KThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
09-14-2021, 10:06 PM

You couldn't kill me if you tried

It was pouring rain outside, but Tel had grown restless waiting out the storm. Restless paws decided to carry her out into the storm instead of sitting idle within the shelter and the warmth of the communal dens. She was grateful for the aid that Aurielle and Ardyn had given her, even when they hardly knew her. And though there wasn't much she could do for them in this storm, she decided she could at least patrol the perimeter. The raging storm did little to deter her. She had gotten used to it all during her time as a lonely child. Besides, she quite liked storms...now that she was learning how to control her glowing coat at will, it eagerly flashed with each lightning strike, as if she were part of the storm herself. She found it exciting, pretending like she was the one controlling when the lightning touched down. It didn't take long for her coat to slick down to her bodice, but even then, the water dripping from her soaked form.

She headed straight to the wall in the plains, walking it's perimeter and using it as a form of shelter. Though it wasn't much, she didn't mind. Alien eyes narrowed against the downpour, and while she was unaware of potential threats beyond the safety of Valhalla, Ardyn had told her before that it was important to make sure everything was secure. Forging ahead, she glanced up to see that she was close to one of the sentry hides that littered the wall. She put on the pace and slipped inside, shaking off her coat as she took a moment to herself out of the rain. It was then that she had caught the fresh scent of Aurielle. Had she just been here? Peering out of the hide for a moment, she caught a glimpse of the alphess and Tel didn't hesitate to leave the shelter and bound towards her. "Lady Aurielle! I didn't expect to find you out here in this storm!" She exclaimed. She noted that Aurielle was wearing a cloak to better protect her from the elements, and Tel wondered how much it helped, if at all...maybe she wouldn't look bad in one, even if just for looks.

"Speak"

Aurielle

Loner

Master Intellectual (240)

Master Fighter (255)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

09-16-2021, 01:11 AM
Aurielle Adravendi

A flash of light not part of the sky’s display caught her eye and she turned further to smile at the girl as she bounded up, greeting easily, “Hello, Tel. It’s my shift for patrol. That and I don’t mind storms. Were you practicing patrolling?”

Approval touched her voice and eyes as she nodded forward in an invitation to join, dividing her attention between the girl and scanning the plains beyond the wall. “How are you doing? Any ideas of what Circles you’d like best?”

Fighting was likely to be one of them, she thought. Perhaps an eventual diplomat, as well, if the girl’s eagerness to learn whatever was thrown at her was anything to go by. She was resourceful, had to have been to have survived on her own as long as she had as a pup.

A fresh gust billowed her blazing white tail, leaving brief light trails through the dark, and she drew in a deep breath, tasting the sodden air and the dampened scents on it. Nothing new that she could find, which was good. A boring patrol was a good one, most times.

At first glance, Aurielle's coat is pure white.. Her fur has an iridescent quality (like moonstones) where the fur shimmers different colors under various angles of light: in this case, the colors shown by rainbow moonstones. Not one hair on her hide is a solid unnatural color, but, ya know, it's really hard to convey that in still art :P
As of Autumn Year 14, Aurielle glows with a bright blue-white bio-luminescence in her fur, and bears a marking over her left eye - see profile and reference.

Tel'Teukiira

Loner

Expert Fighter (160)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

By the skin of my teethPride - Demisexual1KThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
09-16-2021, 01:41 AM

“Hello, Tel. It’s my shift for patrol. That and I don’t mind storms. Were you practicing patrolling?” Tel nodded as Aurielle turned towards her, allowing the yearling to catch up. Even with the storm going on, to Tel, it was like a normal, clear and sunny day. She didn't mind storms at all. In some strange way, they made her feel...safe. She didn't see them as something to fear or hide from, or even as a hindrance. Maybe it was something in her lineage that she didn't know about, but storms just didn't bother her at all. Even with her fur slicked down to her frame, her glowing fur would always light her way even in the darkest of stormy nights.

When Aurielle nodded for her to follow along, Tel complied. Her fur shone brilliantly through the rain, casting a radiance about her that even made the rain drops falling around her appear almost magical. “How are you doing? Any ideas of what Circles you’d like best?” She would glance between Aurielle and the path forward, and occasionally stole a glance towards the wall as she walked. "I'm doing fine, thank you for asking! And that's kinda what I wanted to talk to you about," Sure, she could've caught the Spirit at a better time to talk about it, but if she was asking her now in this downpour, then she must not mind it, either. "If I remember right, we can do two...right? Well, I've been practicing my fighting. I wanna be a great warrior someday, but I also wanna learn um..." What was the word?

Ah! "Diplomacy?" She was trying her best to remember the words she learned during her time in Valhalla, that word being one considering she didn't even know what it was before she came here. "I wanna learn how to talk to others. How to lead. I know I'm young and it's probably too soon for me, but...something tells me I'd be really good at both. So I wanna go into a circle that would let me do that...or both? If that's okay?" She didn't doubt that she could do it. After all, she put everything she had into her studies so far, and she wanted to be the best she could for the pack after all they'd done for her.

"Speak"

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

10-13-2021, 11:37 PM
Aurielle Adravendi

The Spirit listened with a faint smile as Tel spoke of her hopes, nodding in confirmation as Tel asked for clarification that one could run in two Circles at once. She was unsurprised the girl wanted to be a great warrior, and she nodded in agreement, then listened as the girl paused , then caught the word she wanted.

A Diplomat. Briefly, her mind flicked to the disaster of a diplomat the Armada had sent their way in light of Malalia’s disappearance. Has the young woman ever returned? She hoped so. Lia had been a good soul and Armada had been in good paws with her as a high ranker. Alas, she was pretty sure they’d have heard from Malalia if she was back.

Aurielle smiled faintly – she had been working on the framework for a Circle that was especially for those with desires for rising to become Ambassadors and diplomats of Valhalla. Tel, she decided, would be among the first to walk within its ranks.

“Of course. The training will be extensive, rigorous, and there will be a lot of studying of language, decorum, presentation and delivery of a greeting. First lesson, always begin with introducing yourself by your name, rank, and pack when meeting with an alpha for the first time, regardless of the circumstance of your visit. Always be respectful of the alpha and their borders. You don’t have to lick their toes or kiss their rumps, but you should hold yourself with dignity, grace, and modesty.”

She paused in thought and smiled at the girl as she added, “I’ll have Ardyn spar with you to cement your rank within the War Circle as well. For now, you may begin as a Nerve. I haven’t yet completed the Diplomat Circle, but I’d suggest working with myself, Ardyn, Cairo, Caelia, Drachen, Domari, and Red for diplomacy. Red, my husband, was a prince in his homeland, so diplomacy is part of his upbringing. Once you have a feel for who you like best to work with, let me know who you choose to apprentice to in the long run.”

Her soaking tail flicked, playfully flopping at the tall yearling’s hip. “It’s a lot of work, but it’s worth it in the end if it betters Valhalla’s life.”

Tel'Teukiira

Loner

Expert Fighter (160)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

10-24-2021, 10:10 PM

She walked in thought side by side with Aurielle as she thought about her future. When Aurielle spoke, Tel listened to every word. Already receiving a small, quick lesson on how she should present herself when visiting other alphas. She nodded along. She could definitely do that...she was already as polite as she could be, so it wouldn't be too hard to keep doing that, right? Then again...Aurielle and Valhalla as a whole so far seemed to make being polite easy. And the young boy she had met from another pack seemed polite too, even though he couldn't speak. She didn't know what other kinds of wolves were out there or what the other alphas were like, but she was sure she'd learn in due time.

The alphess paused in her words, and Tel took the time to think if she really wanted to do this. She didn't have to think long, however. She wanted to learn how to do this, whether or not she chose to lead a pack of her own someday, this would still prove to be a valuable skill for her future. It would be something to be proud of. “I’ll have Ardyn spar with you to cement your rank within the War Circle as well. For now, you may begin as a Nerve." Despite the pouring rain, her tail wagged as she grinned. She listened to the names that Aurielle listed, and she stored them away. She'd definitely look for them in the coming days so she could see if they wanted to help her, or at the very least gauge them enough to see if they were a good fit for her. "I wanna do my best! I think it's something definitely worth learning, at least. Plus...I want to give back for everything you've done for me." She giggled a bit when Aurielle's tail flicked her hip, grateful that she and the pack had come into her life.

"Speak"

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

11-22-2021, 07:08 PM
Aurielle Adravendi

She smiled softly at the girl’s excitement, nodding at the words. It still saddened her that the girl had been so alone so early in life. While she was glad of the girl’s presence and the friendship with Ardyn, she wished the circumstances had been less… mysterious and possibly tragic. What parent left their child alone at so young an age? It was a question that circled in her mind often. She’d have to be dead to let such a thing happen, and so would Red.

“If you’d like to get started on some of the training, how about a lesson while we patrol here?”

Why not get started right away, right? She mulled over a scenario to use as she waited for a response. How to announce oneself at the border of a pack, perhaps? Practicing poised ways of holding oneself, patience and a calm manner of speech?

Perhaps later in a dry cave. A gust buffeted her side, sending her long tail-hair fluttering.