An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipPride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Legendary
Derby WinnerHomebodyLighting McQueenExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
Halloween 2020 - Haunted House1KBeevent
08-26-2021, 05:26 PM

Seawater  lapped over Hanako's paws as she padded along the beach, as if apologising for the mess it had made of her den. The swell was gentle, a slow creep as the tides rolled in, the larger waves curling into themselves before making landfall. Even the weather was tolerable enough, grey and bland, with only a few clouds smeared across the horizon. If it did rain it would be hours from now and Hanako fully intended to make the most of it, to revel in how at home she felt here as the ocean breeze ruffled her fur and silently called her name.

Her name wasn't something she thought about often, it was simply a title someone had slapped on her in the hopes of accentuating her pretty features. Sure, it was nice enough she supposed, but if she'd had the choice she wouldn't have picked one from a language she didn't even speak. And what of her last name? Well, it was hard to harbour feelings for something she'd never had and it got her thinking, her mind latching onto a shiny new thing that dangled right in front of her nose. Fatalis.

She knew the value of the name, it's prestige and legacy, making it something not to be tossed about or gifted to any old wolf who Sirius had taken a liking to. They had to earn it, be worthy. Hanako knew how badly it had gone last time, Malalia had up and vanished without a word, leaving a gaping hole in her wake. No other wolves had been adopted since and this spoke volumes to Hanako, Sirius would not make the same mistake twice. And yet, he was not the wolf she had in mind. Her thoughts wandered to Azure often, lingering on what they shared together, and very much liked the thought of being granted his name. Irrefutable proof beyond doubt that she belonged to him, his brand upon her very identity. As far as she was concerned they had been engaged for quite some time, if neither of them wished for things to change then why not double down on it?

No doubt it would please Sirius, an angle Azure would be wise to play up.

She did not need to call out for him. Her ears tipped back as she heard the thudding of his paw steps approach, disturbing the rolling tide as he drew in close. A dark and welcome shadow at her back.

"I was just thinking about you." She cast a coy look over her shoulder, tail wagging in earnest little sweeps, showing her true contentment.
[Image: dfvjf24-4160f57c-3b2d-47de-b3e1-aa34987f...SqQlFNW-eM]

Azure

"Break what can be broken"

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022GlobetrotterStatue 2 WorshipOverachieverIsland HopperSmall Fries
TrapperRunning on EmptySocialiteBest BudsRapid Poster - GoldSouthern Explorer
WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
ScarredCritical Fail!ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerWordyLoser
Snake EyesDouble MasterLegendaryCritical Hit!1K
09-02-2021, 03:47 PM

With the season's rainy anger Azure had been much busier then he'd wanted to be. The knowledge that his father had taken on some unrelated protégée had infuriated the heir, driven him to prove himself further, and he'd spent many an hour outside the borders doing his best to refill their meat and hide stores. While other wolves split off into hunting parties, Azure did not invite tag-alongs in his adventures. No wolf in Ashen or the Armada could understand or accept his darker urges - there was only one wolf he'd willingly share a kill with, and she'd abandoned him. Nobody had explained to him why his sister had left or why she'd left behind children, but it had hurt him more deeply then it had to lose Indigo.

The clouds were forming quickly in the sky, renewed rainy wrath ready to pour down again in a few short hours and Azure had no interest in getting caught outside the borders during a rainstorm. He left the whitetail corpse at the communal firepit for someone to skin and tan, wandering instead down the beach in search of his new favorite past-time. The koi-wolf was never far from the water, even after the sea had flooded her den she seemed to somehow forgive it. Azure didn't find it hard to forgive the volatile ocean either, as her sudden lack of a home had driven Hana further into his arms quite literally as she'd started to share his den.

Hanako had that thinking look on her face and Az couldn't distinguish whether that was a good sign or a bad one. He was prepared to call out to her, but she noticed his presence before he had the opportunity. "Thinking good things, I hope." He commented as he crossed the beach toward her, a small smile upon his lips. It had quickly become natural for him to embrace her, and as he neared Azure reached his head forward, tucking her head beneath his chin and giving a contented sigh.

"Speech"

Both of Azure's ears have notches and tears.
Az has a scar across his right eye, a mirror image of his natural born marking.
Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.
Not all of these features are always reflected in his art.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipPride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Legendary
09-02-2021, 05:02 PM

Hanako let out a pleased little hum as he smushed her into place. Needless to say she was more than happy to remain as they were, so close even the sea started to feel distant, as though nothing but Azure mattered. And maybe she was just being selfish, greedy in her affections but it was quite apparent by now they felt the same way about one another, one touch would never be enough. Now the flood gates had been opened there was no way to take it back, to sweep away the prints on such a well trodden path.

Leaning forward she nibbled at the darkest fur that lined his throat and revelled in the vulnerability of it all, how he trusted her like no one else to expose himself like this. Of course, the only blood her teeth had shed was that of fish, but it was flattery all the same. Proof above all else she was special and she was his.

"Of course." She reassured, silky smooth. No doubt if she had any problems she would've already pitched a fit about it by now, the sort which tended to lead to arguments if she wasn't careful. "I was wondering if I could have something from you." Leaning back a little she swiped a kiss along the line of his muzzle and looked up at him through her lashes, laying it on pretty damn thick. Even for Hanako standards. "I want your name."

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
09-02-2021, 06:17 PM

It was comfortable leaning against her, feeling her teeth grooming the fur at his throat and feeling cherished rather then in danger. He rumbled a contented noise from the depths of his throat as she confirmed her thoughts were only good ones, and a brisk laugh as she spoke of wanting something from him. Azure leaned back as she did, turning his head so he could meet and steal her sweet kiss. "Anything." He replied with sincere conviction, wondering already what he was getting himself into with the writing of a blank cheque. Already he and his father had retrieved mattresses from the bunker, though he hadn't yet gifted it to his koi-wolf, needing to expand his own den to make adequate room for it before he brought it in. Whatever the pampered woman wanted, Azure would try to provide.

She did not leave him waiting long, and Azure's jaw fell slack in shock as the weight of her words hit him. His name? The name he had dedicated his life to bringing to glory, the one thing that meant more to him then a crown. The heir blinked back his stunned surprise, shaking his head to try and dislodge the expression that had firmly stuck itself to his face. "Uhh." He stuttered, glancing down at her hopeful eyes and fighting the urge to run away from the difficult question. "I think I'd need..  I don't know if I'm allowed to give that you to. I mean, it's my name but, it's my parents' names." A mutated paw lifted, scratching absently at the back of his neck. "Sirius gives it away a lot, I suppose, to adopted family but -" Oh man. Azure blew out a hard exhale, willing the discomfort away. "- I mean, you're more then that. Or, I guess, do you want to be more then that?" They were 'engaged' once, Azure supposed, but now? Aside from the initial claiming of yes, you're mine and yes, I'm yours, they hadn't put a label on what they had.  

"Speech"

Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

09-02-2021, 07:11 PM

Hanako couldn't help but smile at his baffled response, it was so endearing she wanted to draw him back in and smooch his muzzle with kisses aplenty.  And yet beyond his startled expression there was a hint of hesitation in his gaze and for one terrible moment her breath hitched tight in her chest, fearing he would push her away again. But he didn't and Hanako knew with unwavering certainty that she'd made the right choice in staying, they were flawed and arguably terrible people but they felt better together. More than the sum of their parts.

Since Azure hadn't immediately freaked out and shut her down, Hanako felt safe enough to explain her line of reasoning. Her voice remained as it was, with a smooth and tempting tilt, like she was even capable of convincing the sun to abandon its post in the sky.

"I'm sure Sirius wouldn't protest." Anyone with a functioning set of eyes and ears could see how fond the Warlord was of her, if he wasn't she would have been punished far more severely. A slave amongst those that had gathered here as of late. "If I asked him I know he would give it to me, but I think that might make things a little...weird between us." As in effect they would practically be adopted siblings, not a dynamic she wanted to explore at all. She shook her head to regain her focus.  "I know this seems sudden but I'm not asking this on impulse, I really do think it might help your standing as Heir. The Warlord is strong and unwavering, capable of doing terrible things if he must, but at the same time he can be affectionate and caring. In gifting me this it will show you are just like him."

Was it bad that Hanako was willing to brandish their affections as a political move? Maybe, but it made sense in her mind, as though to hit two birds with one stone. Even now she would serve him all the ways she could, nudge him and whisper in his ear if it would help his rise to power in any way.

Azure was tentative in his approach, which was unlike him, but the words he forced on out made her heart flutter in her chest. She nodded, realising she'd never felt so wanted, like she would finally have the gaps in her identity filled.

"I do, that's all I've wanted, Az. For the longest time." She admitted, a little taken aback by how heavy the words felt on her tongue.  She continued,  meaning what she said but hoping to reassure him all the same." And don't get me wrong. I'm not looking to be your equal, sounds like too much work and you know how much I hate that. I just want to be yours, undeniably."

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

09-02-2021, 08:05 PM

It was a miracle that Hana hadn't taken his hesitance to heart and used it as another excuse to feel neglected or pushed away, and Azure set his lips as she tried to clarify her point on why this was anything but a crazy and fast idea. She was not wrong that Sirius would gift the name to her if she asked - already the Warlord considered Hana one of his, and Azure assumed it was for his benefit alone that he'd not already taken to claiming the koi-wolf as a daughter. Having Hanako as a sister would not be his ideal ending here.

She spoke of politics and how it may help his standing, and Azure's brow raised in amusement as he listened to what she had to say. The corner of his lip pulled in the ghost of a smile and no matter how hard he tried to keep a straight face the amusement shone through. Hana spoke of Sirius' unwavering strength, and yet his tendency to be affectionate and caring. By all accounts, the only reason the warlord had any sort of softness in him at all was his wife - Az's mother - and by extension the children and grandchildren they'd had together. She spoke of wanting to be undeniably his, and while forever seemed quite a long time he couldn't imagine living it with any other wolf. "So, you're saying-" He began with soft amusement, lifting his paw to touch her gently beneath the chin. "-That you want to be the Zee to my Sirius?"

"Speech"

[/color][/color]

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

09-02-2021, 08:41 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2021, 08:55 PM by Hanako. Edited 1 time in total.)

Hanako wasn't sure what to make of his silence. Tipping her head to the side in a confused little tilt she wondered what his play was here, he didn't seem frustrated or repulsed by her words. If anything his affection shone through brighter than the sun in the sky and warmed her just the same. Maybe he was just struggling to say it aloud. After all, she knew how he had a tendency to dodge the sentimental, to let his actions show his intentions but really did he think this was something he could just smile away? Just because she knew didn't mean he could get away with not saying it!

And then he had to go and say that instead, making her scoffi in bemusement. Was that the standard line around here? Or simply a Fatalis go to when things got all feely? Hanako couldn't help but giggle, it was silly and endearing but she knew what he meant. Felt it in the tenderness of his touch.

"Maybe not with the exact same phrasing but..." She let out an airy sigh, laughter still warming her voice. "I think you got the gist of it, yeah."

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

09-03-2021, 05:15 PM

Hanako showed her amusement and he simply smiled at her, enjoying the moment for a few more beats before allowing the warmth to fall off his face and taking on a more serious expression. It felt like something he should take his time to absorb and reflect upon, to discuss it with his family, but Azure was never really the kind of wolf to give deep thought to anything. He dove into situations without forethought, generally giving two shits about the consequences of his actions or whom they may hurt. "Then you shall have my name." He said finally, his voice soft and low. It wasn't a difficult decision to make - after all, he wanted nothing more then for Hana to be undeniably his, forever.

He leaned in to boop his nose against hers gently, placing upon it a kiss as he pulled back to look down on her once more. "Does this mean you'll want from me a wedding?" Az asked, searching her gaze. Hana seemed to be the type of woman who'd want the ceremony, gifts, and to be the center of attention for the day. Azure however, could think of nothing more painful then standing up infront of his pack for a union where there were no faces in the crowd he could call friend. He pursed his lips, but did not voice his concerns, waiting to hear her request and ready to fulfill it if she asked it of him.

"Speech"

[/color][/color]

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

09-03-2021, 05:38 PM

Azure had once said that as long as it was within his power he would give her whatever she wanted. Beyond the technicalities and slight political edge to her request, she truly believed she was not asking for too much. Then again she never did, would she? She was unreasonable in many regards and often got all worked up over things that meant little in the grand scheme of things, but this was important to her. As though her entire life was had led to this moment, culminating in them finally coming together after struggling against gravity for so long. Hanako liked to think if she'd had her way a year ago they'd already stepped over this threshold, but other than feeling a little know-it-ally she found it difficult to hold it against him. Any and all his flaws seemed so distant and Hanako felt perfect for him.

The silence between them did not overstay its welcome and sure enough, Azure bent to her will.

Perking up to meet his little nose-boop and kiss, Hanako pretended to think about his question. With an overdramatic flare she tipped her head to the side, a  coy little hum slipping through her lips as she rested her paw atop of Azure's bearish foot. She knew he wouldn't be thrilled with what she had to say, might as well soften the blow with even more physical affection.

"Why of course." She beamed, fondly remembering the yearling's birthday party. No offence to Sirius and his party-prep skills but what Hanako had in mind would blow it right out of the water! "I'll even let you have a bachelor party, go and have fun doing whatever men do these days." She flicked her free paw in a so-and-so forth gesture.

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

09-03-2021, 05:53 PM

He felt her smaller paw come overtop his own and smiled down at the vast difference in size. It was only more evidence that his koi-wolf was fragile and small in comparison to him, and that she was to be cared for and protected to the best of his abilities. For her alone, he would do this monumental ask of a wedding. "Very well." He sighed, tilting his head to the side sharply and stretching his neck, as if preparing for battle. "We'll have to get permission from my father to hold such a ceremony." Hopefully Hana would handle the logistics of it all herself, as women seemed to always prefer to do. Azure would be happy to ignore that it was happening until the moment he had to stand up beside her, to lessen the suffering.

Her latter words brought his head to shake, a small burst of panic flaring in his chest. A bachelor party? Hana must think the bearish heir more popular then he really was. No wolf of the Armada called him friend, the few individuals he could consider genuinely wanting to celebrate with would be his littermates. Indigo and Asla were gone and Azure didn't know where to find them. A party of just him and Mortis seemed.. not ideal. "I don't need that, don't worry about it." He murmured. "Just make sure the day is everything that will make you happy. Plan some time with your friends, from now on you have my permission to leave our territory." It shouldn't have been something he needed to say aloud, but he did regardless. Don't make me regret trusting you. His eyes said as he searched her face.

"Speech"

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

09-03-2021, 06:26 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2021, 06:27 PM by Hanako. Edited 1 time in total.)

The sheer momentum of her wagging tail made Hanako's form shimmy as she took in his words, delighted he was going above and beyond to serve her needs. If he'd put his paw down and outright refused she might have pouted and sulked for a bit, but given she was getting what she wanted it probably wouldn't have lasted for long. Maybe a day or so at most. Hanako nodded, finding she agreed with Azure's conclusion. Though no doubt Sirius would approve of their union they couldn't just host a party and ceremony in his territory without asking, it'd just be really darn rude.

Azure was quick to dismiss the idea of having a bachelor party and though he did well to hide it she saw a brief flash of something in his eyes. It was hard to put a paw on what it truly was, she blinked and it was gone, but Hanako wondered if she'd fumbled a bit there. He'd once claimed he didn't have any friends and that he didn't even consider his companions as anything more than minions, maybe he'd actually meant it and wasn't just being mopey as she'd initially suspected. Regardless, that was something to speak about later. When things were soft and quiet and not so tangled up in anticipation for the amazing things to come.

She knew he'd pretty much give her free rein to organise it as she pleased but-oh. She met his gaze, unblinking as she felt the resounding importance of his sentiment settle in her chest, tugging at the strings like they could snap at any given moment. It would have been easy to promise aloud, to say something witty and charming but for the time being she said nothing. Her ears tilted back a little to listen to the waves, as though suddenly remembering the tide was still rolling in, enveloping their paws as she splayed her toes a little atop his.

"I'll always come back to you." He knew she was a wanderer at heart and there were plenty of fish out there for her to catch, but at the end of the day this was where she truly felt like she fitted best. Smushed against his side with the salt of the ocean intermingling with her own soft and floral scent.  "And what can I do for you Az? Anything." She finally went onto ask, feeling it only fair.

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

09-03-2021, 06:49 PM

She did not push him further on the idea of a bachelor party and Az nodded, pleased that for the moment he'd dodged a very fatal bullet. The sea water began to brush against their paws and he felt her toes splay into his fur. The tide was coming in. Azure lifted the paw that was beneath hers and touched it to her shoulder gently, beckoning her away from the water with him. "Just that." He replied, stepping onto the dry sand and feeling the warmth beneath his paws. "Always come back to me, and you'll have given me everything I need and more." The last thing he wanted was for his koi-wolf to attempt anything special for him for their union. She would not be able to understand how little he wanted to make an event out of it without him ruining the day for her.

"I've got a wedding gift for you already." He deflected instead, trusting that she'd grasp onto the subject of what he could offer her rather then what she could offer him. "Though I fear you'll miss it on our honeymoon, it can't come along with us." Now more then ever he felt the strain of the passing days, winter was quickly coming upon them and between hunting and spending time with her, he hadn't the time to expand their den to fit the damn mattress.  

"Speech"

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

09-03-2021, 07:28 PM

Willing and pliant, Hanako followed his lead as he took her back onto drier sand. He asked for so little and yet offered her the world, all she needed and more. Hanako shifted a little as she pressed herself into his embrace once more, wilfully ignoring  the shadow of guilt looming behind her, all her questionable choices and rash decisions nipping at her heels. It didn't matter she'd gotten side tracked during his absence, the fact they were together in the here and now, forever onwards was all that mattered. Everyone made mistakes, even if they couldn't admit them she was willing to move on. To try and be better, for him.

At his following words Hanako perked right up, alert and aware like a watchful meerkat. Oh he shouldn't have...well actually scratch that, she'd never be the sort to act all humble when offered a gift. Their current engagement- and a proper one at that- had come as a surprise to him so it meant....he'd gone and gotten her a gift of his own accord. Before she could start to pry and pester him into telling her what he'd gotten, Azure was quick to mention their honeymoon. A new strand of curiosity got the better of her as Hanako pursed her lips, wondering what destination he had in mind.

"Can you at least tell me where you have in mind?" She paused for a beat, wondering if dangling sexy times in front of his nose would work. Worth a shot. "And what you'd like to do while we're away. Other than me, of course."

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

09-03-2021, 11:19 PM

Azure could tell he'd hooked her, not unlike the fish she shared a pattern with. He was pleased for how easily she accepted the topic change, and he offered her a smile and a gentle bump of his shoulder as she pried for more information. "That part isn't a secret." Azure admonished her. "I was thinking manatee bay - it's far, as far from here as you could possibly travel. We could spend the spring taking our time in reaching it, and once there you could swim with the dolphins." While Az himself could not swim, he knew how much Hana enjoyed the waters and sea life. There were islands on the way to visit, countless beaches to rest upon, and perhaps if they found themselves too tired on the journey they could stop in at the Hallows and request sanctuary for a few days rest. Her dangling of the rest didn't go unnoticed, and his grin grew sly. "It'd be our own secluded paradise, way down at the southernmost point of Auster. I'm sure we could find quite a few activities to enjoy together and take advantage of the privacy."

"Speech"

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

09-04-2021, 06:59 AM

Even a gentle nudge of his shoulder was enough to jostle Hanako's petite form. From a distance Azure didn't look all that much taller than her, but up close like this he really made her feel small, yet somehow safe. Like all his bulk and muscle was for her benefit and viewing pleasure. Her pale gaze drew him in and she wondered how long he'd been thinking about this, it didn't seem like a spur of the moment choice but then again Azure had always been the sort to think quick on his paws. Most if not all the decisions in their relationship were a result of a heated moment, branching paths that seemingly sprung up from nowhere and yet led to this, here and now. As though they'd been wandering blind but managed to pull through nonetheless. If it was an opposite attract situation then no wonder they had such intense chemistry, two magnets slamming together with little desire to be pulled apart.

Hanako hummed thoughtful, thoroughly pleased with his choice of location. She'd never heard of this place but then again she'd only visited Auster just once and it had been memorable for all the wrong reasons. Perhaps this was Azure's attempt at rewriting history, making amends in the only way he had left. She knew he wouldn't apologise for his actions that day, nor their encounter on Obsidian Beach, but she saw his efforts for what they were worth.

Either way, spring couldn't come soon enough.

"Mmm, that sounds lovely." He was putting his familiarity of her to good use, exploiting all of her weaknesses in the best of ways. "And I'm sure we could, you've never needed much of an excuse anyway." Needless to say, she liked that about him. A lot. That he didn't beat around the bush and took what was his, as was his right. And speaking of, Hanako raised a paw to brush off the sand clinging to his front left leg. It was one of the problems with living on the beach, not getting sand all over the den could be quite tedious at times. "Come, it's getting a little cold. We should go back to the den."

If she could tempt him into joining her in a midday snooze then all the better.