size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
09-15-2021, 05:42 PM
Haiku wandered further and further from home, and closer and closer to the hallows. It had been a very long time since he had heard from his sweet friend that he had ‘saved’ so long ago. Bowen’s messages stopped coming a long time ago, and ever since Prose had been unable to find her, Haiku had held a sharp pain in his chest. He knew something had to have happened to her. He hadn’t been there to keep her safe like he promised. He believed Prose, but as he wandered into Boreas he realized that he was looking to see with his own eyes that she was gone.

The white marked boy walked along the beach slowly, his massive paws leaving huge rivulets in the sand. His mind focused on the puppy he had once felt so protective over. Bowen held a special place in his heart and his mind, and forgetting her was an impossible task. A soft sigh left his white marked lips as he looked up towards the setting sun. Maybe it was setting on his hope too. Sadness gripped his heart as Haiku lowered himself to his haunches in the sand. He’d have to stop for the night, but this moment deserved to be dedicated to the girl that he lost.

I have a white raven companion named Prose if she isn't mentioned assume she is nearby

Bowen

The Hallows
Wayfinder

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (265)

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
09-15-2021, 06:40 PM

There was an emptiness inside Bowen that couldn't be filled. She'd tried so many things. Spending time with family, sexual heights with strangers, constant walking, seeing new lands. None of it had worked. The young woman felt hollow inside as though there was a great, dark abyss swirling within her that fed on her happiness, her life force. Bowen was young, but she was tired. Her mind felt old and there were times where she wondered if it might be easier to just walk into the sea and never walk out again.

The small fae made her way down the long stretch of white sand, emerald eyes mostly closed as she walked. The moonlight reflected off of the water, lighting the white sand and the water around it brilliantly. She just needed to walk for a while. Her paws moved on autopilot, taking her further and further down the land bridge that connected the continents. A crunch of sand and an audible sigh pulled the girl's attention upwards. A ghost sat before her. A long lost face. Gods... he was big now, but there was no mistaking Haiku for anyone else. His markings were too unique and his scent was pure Haiku.

Delicate paws brought the young fae forward, her steps almost silent on the sand as she approached. "Hey, Hero," she greeted him softly, hesitantly. As though her very voice might make the apparition disappear, leaving her alone once more.

"Speech"
[Image: gSBkYSG.gif]Bowen Arrow Carpathius [Image: 2cnsALh.png]

Haiku

Loner

Intermediate Fighter (50)

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

09-15-2021, 07:04 PM
The nearly grown boy was pure innocence compared to Bowen, he had been sheltered in Abaven for the majority of his life, and however many stories he heard from father and grandmother he didn’t really know the horrors of the world. He heard about them, but there was something much different about seeing and living those atrocities and hearing your loved ones speak about them. He hoped that whatever end Bowen had faced, that it was quick, that she hadn’t been forced into a fate like his grandmother, father, or sister had.

The sounds of the ocean crashing against the sand filled his ears and the setting sun his eyes so that he didn’t realize he was no longer alone until that sweet voice caressed his ears. A voice he was certain that he would never hear again. Tricolored eyes blinked in surprise as he lay them on the small slender frame of the friend he thought he had lost.

She looked so much different and exactly the same as the last time he had seen her. She was grown up, much like he was certain he looked. Bowen. There was a strained relief in his voice as he lifted his massive body to his paws and closed the distance between them. He thought she was dead, he thought he would never see her again and now that he had her here if he looked away she would be gone again.

”I… I’ve really missed you.” He could feel her sadness, feel how much she had changed from innocent child to.. Did he want to know what she was forced to be now? Haiku aimed to nuzzle her cheek softly, an innocent and loving gesture as his mind embraced the dread in his heart. Bowen was no longer the girl he once knew and loved. Still, he smiled for her, a soft grin under his bright eyes.

I have a white raven companion named Prose if she isn't mentioned assume she is nearby

Bowen

The Hallows
Wayfinder

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (265)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

09-15-2021, 10:40 PM

Haiku looked at her with just as much hesitancy as she had looked at him. He didn't blink as he came towards her and he moved slow, but he still came. Bowen craned her neck, looking up at the giant almost-man. Despite being huge, there was an innocence to him, like a white, untainted aura. She was glad that he seemed so much the same. Very glad.

As the brute nuzzled into her cheek, Bowen released a soft sigh, emerald eyes closing finally as she reveled in the touch. She needed physical affection. Craved it like a desert craves water. When he pulled away to tell her that he had missed her, Bowen took a step forward and rested her forehead against his chest. She never thought that she would see Haiku again. Her world had been so tumultuous that there was barely time to think of her family, let alone her friends.

"I missed you too, Hero. I'm sorry I couldn't get word to you to tell you that I was okay." She kept her head pressed against his chest, her eyes closed as she soaked in the familiar, comforting scent of the big boy. "Bishop couldn't make the flight over the sea." Her poor raven had flown himself ragged trying to get word to anyone that might help Bowen, but they were so far away that he hadn't been able to make contact.

Peeling her forehead away, Bowen looked up at Haiku again. This was her oldest friend, yet she still felt that emptiness inside. There was only one real thing that filled Bowen with emotion, but she didn't know if she could bring herself to do that with Haiku. He was... so innocent. "Have you been okay?" She went through the motions of inquiring about his well being so that she didn't have to think about her own.

"Speech"

Haiku

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

09-16-2021, 05:45 AM
She didn’t retreat from him as Haiku stepped forward hesitantly, feeling himself offer her affection without even thinking. His family had always been affectionate, Haiku had always been naturally affectionate. Thankfully Bowen was receptive to him. He smiled softly as he pulled away slightly. There was something about her now, he didn’t want to venture too far away. He wanted to hold her in his arms and just softly whisper that everything was going to be okay. Bowen seemed to have the same idea and she pressed forward into his chest. Dark ears fell to his skull, for a moment he hesitated if only because of his own uncertainties.

She was warm and small, and fit so well against him he moved almost on instinct. A massive white marked arm wrapped lightly around her shoulders as she admitted that she had missed him too. She apologized, but Haiku shook his head as he lowered it over her smaller features. There was sadness in her voice, only barely alluding to the terrible life she had been forced into. Her raven had tried so hard to get to them, and like Prose, there had been no way to connect. She was trapped far far away, and his own raven had no idea where to start looking.

Haiku looked down at her, meeting her brilliant gaze with his own. There was a haunted look in her features behind her beautiful face. Haiku couldn’t begin to guess what she had been through, but he tightened his grasp just a little, offering his unconditional love quietly. ”Other than missing my friend?” He asked quietly as he tried to tease her lightly. He didn’t know what had happened in the past but they had this present moment together. If he could manage to just make her smile, maybe he’d help lift her spirits. ”I’ve been well, cooped up in Abaven mostly, but recently I’ve been searching. Hoping. Worrying that I might not ever see you again.” Tentatively Haiku lowered his head and placed a sweet kiss on her forehead.

Bowen

The Hallows
Wayfinder

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (265)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

09-16-2021, 06:03 AM

As she pressed her forehead against him, Bowen could feel Haiku hesitate. What was going through his mind, she didn't know. The girl had almost been ready to pull away when one strong leg wrapped around her and pulled her close. A soft gasp pulled from Bowen at the pressure and she could feel that strength that Haiku possessed. They weren't children anymore. They would never be children again.

Haiku's voice met her ears and she chuckled softly as he said that he'd missed his friend. Bowen slid her cheek along his chest again, the small smile slowly dying as he continued speaking. He had been worried that he'd never see her again. She had been worried about the same thing. There were times during her voyage that she wasn't sure if anything before that life had actually been real. Haiku was real though. He was solid. He was here. He'd come looking for her just like Artorias had.

The gentle kiss upon her forehead brought Bowen's emerald eyes to closing and she sat on her haunches so that she could wrap her small, ruby forelegs around as much of the big boy as she could manage. "Don't ever let me go, okay?" The simple act of her body sliding over his ignited that lust within her, but she tried her best to kick it in the throat and focus on other emotions. She had missed Haiku. She was relieved to see him. It touched her heart that he had looked for her. Yes, all of those things. She didn't want to focus on how nice his arms felt around her or how the mere beating of his heart clenched things low in her belly.

"Speech"

Haiku

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

09-16-2021, 06:22 AM
He managed to elicit a tiny chuckle from her caramel lips and the young man felt his own pull back into a smile. He’d given her a tiny taste of amusement, after seeing the haunting look in her pretty gaze it was more than he realized he had ever wanted or needed from her. To hear such a carefree sound from his troubled friend meant everything to the young Destruction. She pressed against him, and he could feel her share in the strength he possessed. He might not ever know what she had been through, nor was he certain he wanted her to tell him, but he was here for her now. There was no threat against her that he would allow to touch her.

Bowen shifted slightly as he lowered his lips to her forehead. She sat back and eagerly wrapped her thin arms around him, holding him tightly. His arm pulled her closer to him as well, holding her tightly in silent promise that she was safe. He wouldn’t allow anything to hurt her. Her whisper like voice reached his dark ears as she asked him to never let her go. He was her hero, how could he deny such a desperate request of his poor friend. This broken girl he felt so strongly for. Could he stay here and hold her forever? With her nestled in his embrace like this he could say yes, absolutely, he’d never let her go again. Thoughts of the rest of his family in Abaven only barely touched in his mind. Bowen needed him, and he would be loathe to deny her.

”I won't.” He promised her softly, nuzzling gently into the soft fur of her candy colored ears. Haiku knew he wanted to keep hold of her in his protective embrace, deep down in his soul he wanted to lift her. He wanted to protect her, to keep her harbored in the safe shelter of his heart, to promise her that she would never again experience what had happened across the sea. ”I’m sorry I wasn’t there.” Haiku whispered softly, squeezing her lightly as he apologized. He was much younger when he had stopped hearing from her, there was no way he could have prevented her disappearance. Had he been there though, maybe she wouldn’t be quite as broken in his arms now.

Bowen

The Hallows
Wayfinder

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (265)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

09-16-2021, 02:48 PM

Haiku agreed to never let her go and, even though Bowen knew that it was a lie, it made her feel better. The small woman gently rubbed her cheek against the giant brute's chest as he held her tight. An apology moved past his lips and Bowen raised her head, large, verdant eyes moving up to meet blue. "Don't be sorry, Hero. I'm here. I'm okay." Now she was the liar, but it didn't matter. Right now she was okay, so it still felt true enough. Wanting to change the sad look on his face, Bowen rose on her hind paws, her forelegs wrapping higher around his neck. She then placed a soft kiss against the speckled wolf's lips. Big mistake.

Heat flared in Bowen's belly and she pulled her lips away, instead moving to place her forehead against Haiku's chest. "I'm sorry," she said softly. Bowen knew that her urges were unnatural. She didn't want to have them, but she couldn't fight them. It was uncomfortable at times, an urgent pressure within her that demanded to be taken care of. It was dangerous, depending on her current company. No matter how happy he was to see her, Bowen didn't think that Haiku would be happy with her wanting to sleep with him here and now.

The caramel cream girl peeled herself away from the chocolate colored wolf and moved away from him a bit. She stepped out into the water on one side of the land bridge until the cool liquid touched her chest. "I'm sorry, Hero..." She didn't really know what else to say or why she was apologizing, but she felt that she had to anyway.

"Speech"

Haiku

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

09-16-2021, 03:32 PM
If they wished to survive more than a few days into the future he was going to have to break his promise sooner or later, but at the very least he’d hold her until she pulled away. Haiku tilted his head as she shifted when he’d tried to apologize. If he could have made one wish it would have been to ask her to stay with him in Abaven when she announced she was leaving for Auster. That thought would strike him deep, but he wouldn’t try and argue with her as she told him not to be sorry. Bowen was right, she was here with him now after such a long time. After he believed her dead. What he didn’t believe was that she was okay, not that she would let him argue that point as she lifted herself to wrap her arms more securely around his neck.

It felt like the next moment was just a blur. Her delicate lips pressed to his tenderly and Haiku’s brain misfired or took a break or something. All he knew was the incredible feelings that filled him when her lips touched his. He blinked his stunned eyes in surprise as she pulled away and slid down his chest. He only really regained full function of his faculties when she was apologizing into his fur.

”What? No, Bowen. Don’t be sorry, I..” He grasped unintelligibly for words to describe. ”...wow.” He settled on with a grin before he realized how deeply upset she was. She pulled away from him, though for a moment the naive boy did try to keep hold of her like he had promised. Then she was in the water, another apology on her lips, with her sweet nickname that suddenly meant everything to him.

”Please don’t be, I didn't mean it. I just..” Dark ears were slicked back to her head hung low as he followed her hesitantly into the surf. ”I promised I wouldn’t let go, didn’t I?”

Bowen

The Hallows
Wayfinder

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (265)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

09-16-2021, 04:32 PM

The cool water helped to soothe her as it always did. Haiku's surprised reaction didn't even register with the distracted girl. She was just trying to keep herself in check enough so that she didn't ask her oldest friend to throw her down in the sand and have his way with her. It was difficult to control, but she was trying so hard.

Haiku came and joined her in the water, apologizing in turn. A soft laugh came from the girl and she shook her head. "Please, it's not your fault. I just... have a problem." How could she even explain it? Bowen trusted Haiku, but would he understand what she was saying even if she didn't understand what she was saying? "The smallest things, gestures, smells, feels, thoughts... they make me want to... Uh..." Why was she being so bashful now?

Taking a deep breath, Bowen looked as far away from Haiku as she could get. "I always want to mate. It's not always fun. In fact, it's pretty uncomfortable." Heat filled the girls cheeks as she continued. "Right now, that kiss... it made me want it." Bowen shook her head again. "Sometimes it's so hard to control. So I'm sorry."

"Speech"

Haiku

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

09-16-2021, 05:22 PM
He tilted his head slightly, a visible sign of the lack of understanding he had as she chuckled softly at his apology. She shook her head like she was scolding a puppy, and in a way she was. Haiku liked to believe himself mature and an adult, but he’d never felt like such a child than in that moment. His chest tightened as she spoke, and he was glad for the seawater as his paws grew clammy. Bowen was apologizing for her problem she explained to him, hesitating but knowing he wouldn’t understand unless she explained further.

Haiku hadn’t moved, the boy could feel his heart hammering against his chest. Anxiety filled his core as her silky voice went on, speaking to the ocean like she couldn’t look at him while confessing. He felt like his heart stopped as she spoke, as he slowly connected the dots so plainly set out for him. Her problem, she always wanted.. He knew what she was saying, he wasn’t so sheltered from nature's courses.

”Please don’t be sorry,” he whispered, but he wasn’t sure she could hear over the sound of the waves and the gulls. Bowen told him how difficult this was to control, he couldn’t blame her for this affliction that tormented her. She was obviously uncomfortable now showing this piece of herself to him. He wanted to hug her and tell her everything was going to be alright, but he felt like even touching her he’d cause her to have to struggle. He didn’t want to cause her that stress.

”Um..” He understood her, but he felt lost as to what she needed from him now. Haiku wanted to be her hero. ”I’m training to be a healer,” taking up the family tradition. Not that he was a good healer. ”Is there anything I can do?” Even if it had nothing to do with healing. Haiku remained standing in the surf a little ways behind her, uncertain but so desperate to help his sweet childhood friend.

Bowen

The Hallows
Wayfinder

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (265)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

09-16-2021, 06:06 PM

Haiku's concern was sweet, but she wasn't sure that a healer would be able to do anything for her. "I don't think that this is something that a healer can fix, Hero." Bowen's tail drifted through the water as she stood chest deep within it. "There's only one thing that really helps and I can't ask you to do that." It would be rude and selfish and hurtful. Bowen could never commit to any one wolf and Haiku was so innocent and sweet... Hurting him was the last thing that she wanted.

The next idea was to try and distract herself. "What are you doing down this far south anyway?" Bowen spared the big boy a glance, one henna lined brow arching. "Since you're down here, would you want to come back to my family's castle and stay for a few days? It would be nice to catch up." Bo continued to look at him over her shoulder, those green eyes hopeful as she waited for a response.

"Speech"

Haiku

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

09-16-2021, 06:38 PM
There was nothing from his stores of plants and little herbs that would be able to help his sweet friend. She had been changed, ruined, for the rest of her life. Haiku could do nothing to alleviate the suffering she carried with her. There was really only one thing, and as she said it wasn’t much of a cure. There was only the suppression of the side effects. She couldn’t ask him for that. It was Haiku’s turn to look away. He wanted to help, he wanted so badly to help make her feel better. Was smothering her symptoms for a few moments even helping? ”I would,” he looked back up to her as he offered his quiet but determined words. However she needed him, but there was part of her that was fighting not to. He didn’t want to disrupt her internal battle but he wanted so bad to soothe her.

He wanted to go back to those perfect moments, Her arms wrapped around his neck and her caramel lips against his own. The most perfect moment he had ever felt. He couldn’t play back time, he couldn’t keep her safe like she deserved, and this problem plagued her and wasn’t going away. Haiku could have wept for his friend, the sorrow in her voice, the defeat in her stance as she longed for the eternal ocean. And he stood there, helpless to save this mermaid on the beach.

Having made up her mind Bowen was quick to change the subject, but Haiku felt even more lost with the sudden shift. Should he stay standing close? Should they swim? Could he ever touch her again? He tried to shove away the thoughts but he struggled not thinking about it all. ”Well,” he was still caught off guard. ”It had been so long since Prose had seen any sign of you.. I guess I was coming to say my last goodbyes.” He looked back up towards her, feeling that fresh wound. Of having to realize he was wrong, she hadn’t died that quick painless release that he had hoped for her. She was broken, but she was still standing before him.

”I’d.. I’d like that a lot. Are you sure though?” He couldn’t stop thinking about what she told him, that their closeness had caused her such discomfort. Dark ears lowered to his skull his tilted features sought out her aquamarine gaze, he realized how similar her gaze was to the blue green waters.

Bowen

The Hallows
Wayfinder

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (265)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

09-16-2021, 06:50 PM

Hearing the pain in Haiku's words as he told her just what he was doing here brought Bowen's copper ears flattening against her skull. She never wanted him to be sad. He was too good. Haiku was a light in the darkness. Willing herself to get over her own bodily urges, Bowen moved back through the water towards the dire brute and pressed her forehead against his. "I'm sorry for worrying you. Honestly... I didn't know if I'd ever make it back either. Bowen was dead for a long time." She hadn't even heard the name between the time she was stolen and the time her mother first called out to her upon her return.

Haiku seemed surprised at her offer, but asked if she was sure. "If I wasn't sure, I wouldn't have asked." With one slender paw, she hooked it around one of Haiku's mighty, tree trunk legs. "Come home with me, Hero. Be my guest for a while." The pleading look in her eyes made it evident that she wasn't ready to give him up just yet. She had an affliction, but she had missed him so much. Just a few days together would reassure her that all of this was real. That she was really back and that she really had her friend again.

"Speech"