gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
09-15-2021, 10:49 PM
Ardyn Cadeyrn Aodhán Phoenix Adravendi

He’d gathered Tel for a camping and hunting trip and, after several hours of skirting Aerie’s borders, he nodded as he spotted a path, gesturing with his tail and grinning over his shoulder at the younger yearling. He carried the gear for a large hide tent over his back, lashed securely along with some other supplies for two young wolves.

Lyr drifted and tumbled cheerfully in the air above the two yearlings, glowing wings beating as he flipped and dove to play with a flying insect that hadn’t yet fallen to the cold of winter... and probably was wishing it had by now.

In time, Ardyn spotted a wide ledge that overlooked the fjord below and called, “This looks like a good spot.” He un-lashed the supplies and tipped, letting it drop to the ground as he surveyed the spot. Sheltered against the majority of the wind, a good view of possible prey herds moving south for the season, and decent soil, good for jamming stakes into for mounting poles.

“Ready to learn how to raise a yurt?” He grinned at Tel, tail torching as it waved gaily. “Once we have it up I’d like to see if I can catch any fish.”

While the majority of the trip was for fun, he'd be taking the time to teach the younger girl essential skills, from identifying herbs and plants to supplement ones diet or first aid kit, to making traps for small prey. Hares and rabbits were plentiful most anywhere, but nutritionally, they were a slim meal that burned off quickly. Small animals like beaver, woodchucks and the like, were better for filling the stomach and keeping one's energy going. Trapping hogs could be dangerous, but if you could get one, they were a good meal.

Fish were on the easy side, too, so he figured that would be the best to start with after they got the camp set up.

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Labhair an Sean-Teanga." ---- "Hear" ---- Think

Ardyn's family (Red, Aurielle, Siblings, Valhalla) are allowed to crash threads, regardless of private tags.

Ardyn at first glance is as black as can be imagined with a raven sheen.

Closer inspection proves that he shimmers in fire tones in every hair on his hide right down to his lashes.

More obviously, he glows like a bed of coals and flames with every movement and brush of fur. His tail is usually wagging, so blazes like a torch.

His adult teeth are in and his saber canines have grown to their full length (see profile). His mane and tail hair have grown to full length, as well as being lightweight and easily buffeted by breezes.

A look at his front paws will give the impression of hands, with his dew claw dropped low and lengthened into a functioning thumb, and his toes elongated into fingers. He has retractable, solid black cat-like claws on every paw.

Ardyn has developed a glowing mast of intricate markings in fire and ice colors over his face, symmetrical over the last seasons of Year 17 (see profile for details). During hunts or raids/sieges, he will smudge them out with black soot to cover the glow, otherwise, they are bright enough to note at first direct glance at his face. Not all his artwork currently portrays the mask markings.

He is also often bedecked in beads, small bells, feathers in blues, ribbons and braids thanks to the Ooze Event of Halloween 2021, and the Coathanger item that he got. The accessories generally are seen most in his mane and tail hair. He removes the brighter items and bells for hunts or battle.

Tel'Teukiira

Loner

Expert Fighter (160)

Expert Intellectual (140)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

By the skin of my teethPride - Demisexual1KThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
09-16-2021, 12:42 AM

You couldn't kill me if you tried

She happily followed along at Ardyn's side, excited and eager for the camping trip they were going on. From the way it was described, it sounded like a lot of fun and she couldn't wait to go out on a little getaway. They spent a few hours skirting the border of the neighboring pack, though as they passed its borders, she was curious about the residents there. She made a not to ask about them later, as the girl was still new to the ways of pack wolves and had little to no knowledge of the packs that resided in the lands.

Her young mind didn't linger on that for long, however, as her gaze then turned to the raven that was above them. From what she understood, that was his companion. A creature that bonded with the boy and helped him out. She wondered if she would find creatures like that to bond with, and if it was a normal thing for everyone to have one, or just the wolves of Valhalla. Aurielle had a couple of companions herself, and Tel couldn't help but feel a little envious. Maybe someday she'd find something like that, but for now, she was content. As Ardyn called out to her, her attention drifted to him, watching as he dropped the supplies he had brought for them. She hadn't really brought anything herself, as the girl hadn't thought about it and forgot to ask before they left, but it seemed he had just about everything covered. She approached him, tail wagging with a bright and happy glow as she nodded to his question.

She didn't know what a yurt was, but today she would find out. The goal was to have fun, and no doubt she would learn a lot from him while they were out here. Taking a deep breath and looking out over the ledge from where they stood, she could see a lot of land for miles and miles. It was breathtaking, to say the least. Up until now, she had mostly stayed around Valhalla and the surrounding lands. "You chose a good spot, Ardyn! It's pretty up here!" She turned to him, a big bright smile on her ethereal features. "I'd be delighted to learn how to fish, I've never done that before. I'm sure we'll have plenty of fun out here!"

"Speak"

Takeshi

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Kristen

UnderachieverOverachieverHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Ooh La LaSnake EyesCritical Block!
By the skin of my teethThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
09-27-2021, 10:25 PM

Takeshi had been doing his due diligence of patrolling the Ashen border down near Ibon island, close to the Bifrost, when the wind had brought the scent of his newfound friend Tel’Teukiira to him on the breeze. Curiosity getting the best of him, after all, they’d met much further north of their current positions, he’d changed his direction and started tracking her. It had taken him a fair amount of time, considering the winds were ever changing, especially along the coast, and it seemed she was on the move with another wolf. I smelled to be male, but of the same pack and he had to wonder who her travel companion was. Benjiro and Amaya flanked him, naturally, more of a shadow to his than his own.

Finally, he saw a flicker of light off in the distance. He was sure it was her tail swaying happily in the wind, and while he wasn’t entirely wrong, he wasn’t entirely correct. Moving closer, he was able to see the form of a dark male with long fur and saber teeth. The bigger point, much to his surprise, was that he glowed, much like Takeshi, but very different. It was like sparks flew across the other’s fur with each movement, sending pulses of light across his body. It was amazing, really. His glowing red gaze blinked in surprise, but he collected himself and offered a bark of greeting to let them know of his arrival if they hadn’t already sensed it yet.

"Thoughts/expression intention"

[Image: takechibisig.png]