size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Dream WeaverUnderachieverSmall FriesSocialiteDerby WinnerBy A Whisker
StudentSamhain 2022HomebodyTeacherSnake EyesRapid Poster - Rainbow
Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - Pansexual1KBeeventDouble Master
09-16-2021, 06:18 PM
Come down, come down sweet reverence

Jynn started her journey when the sun rose. She'd wrapped hide around her paws and wore a mountain goat cape across her shoulders and back with a flap that covered her head and ears. It helped a little in these freezing temperatures and she truthfully could not imagine making this journey with out them. She stepped into an old river bed, moving along the makeshift pathway as the sun rose up over the horizon. The soft ivory glow appeared over some rocky hills, pushing through the slate colored clouds and setting the patches of snow aglow.

To Jynn's surprise it wasn't just the snow that was glowing but the rock that made up the river bed as well. The rock was a soft rose gold color and where the light hit shown a brilliant, bright gold color. Streaks and sparkles of it ran throughout the rock.

Paradise

Somnium

Beginner Intellectual (0)

Advanced Navigator (80)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Christmas 2019Treat 2019
09-16-2021, 06:44 PM

Her wayward, lone journey headed took her North. Close to her former pack, but not close enough. She didn't want any memories of anything there, and other than her son, she would do her best to keep it all away from her. Well, that and exploring more of the Northlands. She hadn't done much of that since she left, but now was a good a time as any, right? Her thick and plush winter pelt kept her warm for the most part, especially in the cold morning. She was used to the weather here. Was used to all kinds of weather. And while she was suited to this, she preferred the warmer weather of the South.

As the sun rose over the horizon, the fiery fae stepped over the bank of the Marble Wash and into the dry riverbed below. Veins of various shades of gold swept beneath her feet, from rose gold to brilliant gold, to tones of muted marble. She wondered if she might be able to excavate some of it and make something nice for herself, but perhaps that was a goal for the future. Before she died, at least.

Ears perked up when she caught scent and sound of another, and low and behold she wasn't alone. That was a shame. But on one hand, she didn't mind the company if they so chose to explore this place together. She continued her pace as she nonchalantly followed the stranger, curious amber gaze studying the creature. She wasn't sure if she was a wolf or not...but whatever the case, she was still interesting to look at. "Come to explore the Wash as well?"

"Speech"||"You"||Think

Tracker
If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (300)

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
09-16-2021, 06:49 PM

It was really a beautiful sight. Jynn settled down to watch the sunrise for a moment and the glimmering colors that followed after. It was nice to take a little breather but she didn't want to stay still for too long. She felt warmer when she moved and she still had some ground to cover before the next sheltered place she could camp for the night. Jynn got to her feet and was about to continue down the riverbed when another woman appeared. A gorgeous woman with a pelt of flame and dark colors. "Hello, yes, I'm doing some exploring of the north. I take it you're an explorer as well? My name is Jynn!" She chirped, tail wagging lightly. Maybe this woman would like to travel with her for awhile. Hopefully they were headed in the same direction.

Paradise

Somnium

Advanced Navigator (80)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

09-16-2021, 07:04 PM

The woman answered her easily enough, and she was glad she had run into someone more...chipper. It would do well for her, she thought. Take her mind off all the shit from her past for once. "I am, in a sense. I'm Paradise, pleasure." She replied in turn. Her gaze looked past the other woman, watching briefly as the sun rose higher. The intricate veins in the riverbed sparkled with color, the surrounding snow only further enhancing its beauty. Her gaze turned away from the rising sun as she quietly looked around. There was much to see here, she was sure. Though truth be told, she was quietly assessing the area, wondering if there was a bigger pocket of gold that the tendrils came from, or if it was all etched intricately into the ground in thin tendrils. Also, she was curious if there was anything else other than gold and marble...ah, but perhaps a deeper exploration for another day. She could always come back. "I've come to explore the North as well. To see what all has changed over the years if anything." She shrugged.

"Speech"||"You"||Think

Tracker
If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (300)

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

09-16-2021, 07:38 PM

Jynn grinned as the woman introduced herself as Paradise and explained that she was in the north exploring as well and seeing what all had changed. Her ears perked up. "Oh? So you've been in the north before? Are you originally from here?" She'd be curious to hear more about the north from a resident. The sun finished rising, and the whole winter landscape was left sparkling. The snow that had been simple, cold blobs of gray were now glowing and sparkling white. "So, which way are you headed? I'm planning to head south and check out a place called the Mile-High Woods. I've heard there are trees there that any wolf can climb all the way up to the top."

Paradise

Somnium

Advanced Navigator (80)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

09-16-2021, 08:02 PM

"Oh? So you've been in the north before? Are you originally from here?" She shook her head, "I'm not from here, no. I'm from the South, but I used to live in the pack that's nearby for a time. I've explored some of the areas, but not enough, unfortunately." Why? Because she had been too preoccupied trying to be the perfect mate and a decent mother to Ty and their kids before he up and walked away. "So here I am again," She murmured as her gaze shifted to the snow around them. It had begun to sparkle, further enhancing the riverbed and the shininess it had to offer now that the sun was up. When had she lost sight of all the beauty of the world? Of herself? Naturally, she wanted to blame him. But she was just as much at fault for letting herself succumb to what she so desperately wanted to forget.

"So, which way are you headed? I'm planning to head south and check out a place called the Mile-High Woods. I've heard there are trees there that any wolf can climb all the way up to the top." The ember fae's head perked up at the mention of the woods, a small smile curving her features. "Yes, that is true. There are fallen trees and large branches that allow most animals to climb up them. Pick the right tree and you can get a good view of the land. I'm headed in that direction myself,"

"Talk" "You" Think
Tracker