size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Dream WeaverUnderachieverSmall FriesSocialiteDerby WinnerBy A Whisker
StudentSamhain 2022HomebodyTeacherSnake EyesRapid Poster - Rainbow
Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - Pansexual1KBeeventDouble Master
09-16-2021, 08:19 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2021, 08:23 AM by Jynn. Edited 1 time in total.)
Come down, come down sweet reverence

It was noon when the arrived at the Mile High Woods and she was stunned to see green. Dead brown leaves covered the ground but here and there were still bits of green grass and some foilage. The trees themselves were greenish in color and grew in great twisting towers. Their branches seeming to weave and intertwine with the branches of others. They were crowned in green and yellow leaves. The effect was gorgeous. As the sunlight filtered through the leaves it hit the forest floor in beams of pale green gold.

Jynn just stood there, staring for the longest time before she hopped up on the lowest branch of the nearest tree. "Wow, this place is great. Looks like winter hasn't quite hit here yet." She had no doubt it would though, sooner rather than later. After all, she crossed through snow in the wash.

Dagrún

Loner

Master Fighter (295)

Master Intellectual (260)

An icon representing the specialty Tactician Tactician

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

VengeanceThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2VengeanceUnderachieverExplorer
Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerPride - BisexualSnake Eyes1KDouble Master
10-02-2021, 08:23 AM

Dagrún gasped as they entered into the forested area. There were strange trees twisting and growing up to the sky. She wondered why they grew that way but her be-wonderment didn't last long as the urge to climb overtook her. Claws were out a moment later and Dagrún leapt into the nearest tree, climbing up limb after limb until she found a nice branch to rest on. Birds and squirrels were sent scattering at her presence. She gazed back down at Jynn. "Ok, this place was well worth the trip. This is one of the neatest forests I've seen." It was one thing she wished Fireside had but she couldn't complain to much with the Orchard next door.

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (300)

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
10-02-2021, 08:25 AM

Jynn chuckled as Dagrún raced up the nearest tree. The nice thing about the way these trees grew was that even Jynn could climb up one fairly easily. She picked a larger tree and leapt onto a low limb that was only a few feet off the ground. From there Jynn worked her way up, not quite as high as Dag but high enough to hold a decent conversation. "So Dagrún, I noticed your scent is of Fireside. You know I travelled with one of your pack mates for a bit, does the name Álarr ring a bell?" Jynn wasn't sure how big Fireside was but if it wasn't too large she assumed the yearling had run into the horned man at one point.

Dagrún

Loner

Master Fighter (295)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

VengeanceThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2VengeanceUnderachieverExplorer
10-02-2021, 08:25 AM

Dagrún stretched out catlike on the branch, letting her hind legs hang free on either side. Maybe her siblings would like to come visit this place some time. She gazed up at the top of the trees for a moment then turned her attention back to Jynn as the woman questioned her. "Really, you've met Álarr? He tends to keep to himself. Must've been out herb-hunting." He had held the Fireside Fall Festival though so perhaps he wasn't quite that much of a hermit. Still, she didn't know much about the man. She knew they were related some how and she'd taken a few fighting lessons from him but that was about it.

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (300)

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

10-02-2021, 08:27 AM

Jynn nodded, shifting her position in the tree to a larger limb that could better support her form. "Yea, we met when I was exploring and he was out looking for healing plants. I managed to convince him to travel with me but yea, he's pretty tight-lipped." Not the most personable fellow but that hadn't thrown her off that much. Jynn had always been more bubbly than her family and many other wolves she'd met. "Well, what do you say we continue on our way. I'd kind of like to get through the mountains before night fall." They could always come back through the woods on their way back.

Dagrún

Loner

Master Fighter (295)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

10-02-2021, 08:27 AM

Dagrún giggled a bit as Jynn confirmed that Álarr was pretty quiet around her to. Ah well, maybe he was just that way. "Yea, that doesn't surprise me. He was helpful though when I was learning to fight though I only ever got a few lessons." She couldn't really complain much though, she'd managed to pick up lessons here and there from various Fireside wolves as well as loners and her companions had been the most help to her in her training. Jynn mentioned they start moving on and she nodded, starting to work her way down the tree. "Yea, that sounds good." While she hated to leave she didn't want to do too much traveling in the dark.