gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player

Samhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze Participant
09-19-2021, 07:56 PM

He hadn't really been sure if he'd end up going back up to Boreas after he discovered how pleasant Auster was in the "winter" time, but the beauty of being a roaming nomad of sorts was that he could go wherever he pleased. It didn't seem like whitetail deer were as common in the southern continent as they were in Boreas and while he was certain whatever other prey animal he found would make a fine leather, he was at least certain of what he could do with the deer's hide. He didn't have anything in particular he was working on at the moment, but it never hurt to have some on hand whenever the inspiration struck.

Ruga wandered his way up north, finding himself among a grove of trees that was mostly bare with just a sparse scattering of browned leaves clinging to the branches. There was a layer of snow on everything and he stuck out like a sore thumb with his rich russet coloring and dark blacks. When there was greenery and brush around him he didn't stick out quite so badly, but when all that was gone and he was stuck on a starkly white background he had no hope of hiding. It didn't seem like the deer he was looking for were around here anyway so he just contented himself with passing through the little grove and enjoying the mild afternoon with not a cloud in the sky blocking any of that warm sunlight from hitting him.

"Rûga Amanto"

Seraphina

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Glacier

The Ooze Participant
09-19-2021, 08:08 PM
Shivering in the cold, Sera made a trip further North-West on a hunting trip. She didn’t want to get too close to Fireside, and was debating if she would need to head further North, though she really didn’t want to. Too far from the safety of her traps, and into the cold. But she might find creatures with thick warm coats that she could wear over her shoulders.

She made her way into the orchard, and then paused at the sight of the red wolf - it was hard to miss him, really. At least the creams and darks of Sera’s coat were a little more subtle. “Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t realise anybody else would be hunting here” she apologised, wondering if she was stepping on his paws by coming here.

"Speech"

Ruga

Somnium

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player

Samhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze Participant
09-21-2021, 03:55 PM

Ruga had all but given up on the idea of hunting here and was about to call this trip into Boreas a wash when he rounded a stand of trees and a woman coated in swatches of gray with striking ice blue markings around her eyes came into view. He blinked with surprise, apparently too off in his own world to have noticed her until they were practically right beside each other. She was pretty significantly smaller than himself, but quite beautiful and far more suited for this kind of climate than himself. It looked as if she could have been made to be camouflaged in the wintery forest with hints of blue that almost looked like ice. He offered her a charming smile as she apologized and he gave her a small shake of his head. "Not to worry. I haven't been all that successful myself so I hope you'll have better luck than me." He never claimed himself to be a very skilled hunter anyway, just enough to feed himself well enough and get the materials he needed for his projects.

He cast a curious glance toward the blue eyed woman, shifting the heavy pack he was carrying into a slightly more comfortable position. "If you're a hunter, perhaps we can help each other? I'm not the best hunter around, but I can follow directions well enough. You can keep the meat - I'm more interested in the hide." He had enough of a store of dried meats and the like to hold him over to a while still, but he was woefully ill supplied when it came to unused leathers.

"Rûga Amanto"

Seraphina

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Glacier

The Ooze Participant
09-26-2021, 02:24 AM
The pretty red wolf seemed just as surprised as she was to run into another wolf. Certainly, they were closer than Sera would have liked. She was a wolf who liked to keep a distance between herself and others. Safer that way. This stranger offered her a smile, and a shake of his head. She wasn’t intruding. Still, she found herself pulling back just a little putting some distance between them. Caution written in the way her paw slowly touched back to the snowy ground, though she tried not to draw motion to the gesture. Let not a stranger see her weaknesses.

She perked up a little at his suggestion. She wasn’t much of a hunter herself, but she’d been putting in the time lately to shape up the skill. Still, hunting alone wasn't often successful, and she needed the meat to survive the winter. The coat would have been a lovely bonus, but it was a good deal. A very good deal. “You have yourself a deal, Mr…?” she asked

"Speech"