An icon representing the specialty Tactician Tactician

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dikui

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Double MasterSnake Eyes
Mammoth HunterCritical Fail!Pride - Lesbian1K
10-11-2021, 06:48 PM

As soon as Avantika got back from her mission to Fenmyre, she called for Art. She'd spent the traveling time thinking about what had happened, intentionally walking more than loping so that she had more time. She was okay, mostly. While she was still shaken up, she'd be able to hold the conversation and say what she needed to say. And she really needed to say what she was going to say. Art needed to know what had happened. Not just because he was the aegis of the Hallows and he'd sent her on the mission, but also because she secretly wanted to be comforted like he had when she confessed her fears of being useless to the pack to him. What Chimera had said to her had jabbed at that same inner wound. She wanted him to say she was useful and good and also that he agreed with her that they didn't need or want that alliance.

"Speech"

Avantika is prone to panic attacks. Keep in mind when roleplaying with her.
Her companions, a female sharp-shinned hawk named Kaata and a black-thighed falconet named Kit can be assumed to always be close by unless otherwise stated.

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
10-11-2021, 07:02 PM

Preparations for the feast were moving along well. The hunters had brought in plenty of meat and game, the herbalist team had brought back an abundance of flowers for decoration, and the crafters had set to making the great hall a festive wonderland. There was still some time to prepare before the annual Fest of Unity would take place, but thus far, Artorias was incredibly proud of the pack for banding together like this. This would be the first celebration of any kind since the passing of his mother, and in some regards, it felt like a fitting tribute to her memory and the hard work she'd put into their pack. He wanted to make sure everything was absolutely perfect.

It was well into the evening when the young Aegis heard a call go out for him. He would have recognized his sister's voice anywhere, and the fact that she was back so quickly meant things had either gone very well or very poorly. Dropping what he was doing, Artorias trotted to meet Avantika as she was entering the castle courtyard, greeting his sister with a warm smile while he descended the terrace to intercept her. He would go to greet her with a nuzzle, noticing she had returned without the wine, which meant Chimera had at least accepted their gift. A good first sign.

"Welcome home, Templar," he said, proud to use the title she'd earned, as he knew she liked it. "Take a walk with me? The gardens are lovely tonight." He motioned for Avantika to accompany him, starting a leisurely gait around the flowerbeds and bushes and trees that filled the courtyard. "Tell me everything," he requested, eager to hear how her first solo mission had gone.

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Corbin" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Avantika

"I Will Make You Proud"

Loner

Master Fighter (245)

Master Intellectual (245)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dikui

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Double MasterSnake Eyes
10-14-2021, 02:19 PM

Artorias arrived quickly, giving Avantika a warm smile and a nuzzle as he greeted her. Her guts twisted into hard knots at the thought of telling him what had happened. He called her 'Templar' again, too, but her smile was weaker than usual. Did she really deserve to adorn herself with that title if she couldn't even complete one little measly mission correctly? Her thoughts on the lost alliance bounced hectically between wanting it and the conviction that it wouldn't be good for the Hallows anyway.

They walked together. It seemed like Art liked to walk as he met with people a lot. 'Tell me everything,' he said. She hesitated before responding. "I hope you weren't too set on this," she said. "He refused the alliance." She needed to justify herself, but she didn't want to say what Chimera had almost made her do. And no one but her would ever know how close it had really been, despite her disgust with the king and sleeping with any man in general. She'd found a limit on her loyalty, for now. But it was a tentative boundary.

She had to say the events, though. "It was going okay, and then--and then--" She stopped walking. "He showed me his slaves, and he told me he'd give me a freebie for being your sister, but--but I said no. And then--" She was getting to the bad part now. "He asked if I would rather bed a king--him--instead, and he said--he said--" She was starting to tear up a little, from the anxiety of remembering, and her voice was even more wavery than it had been when she started explaining, but she continued. "He said that he'd only give us the alliance if I--if I did."

"Speech"

Her companions, a female sharp-shinned hawk named Kaata and a black-thighed falconet named Kit can be assumed to always be close by unless otherwise stated.

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
10-14-2021, 05:02 PM

Avantika's hesitance and disappointment wasn't lost on Artorias. He frowned when he saw her weak smile and the way she hesitated in her answers and didn't look him in the eye. Uh oh... he thought. Something had happened. Instantly that protective side of him reared up to come to the aid of his sister. If Chimera had harmed her in any way, he would be at the island by nightfall and ready for blood. Tika explained her dour mood: Chimera had refused the alliance. That took the young alpha by surprise. He had thought he and Chimera had a decent relationship—at least enough that he'd consider the packs being allied on paper for their own mutual benefit. What had happened to make the chimeric king change his mind?

His question was swiftly answered when Avantika explained what she had experienced. When she stopped, Artorias also stopped, turning to face his littler sister and coming closer so she wouldn't have to speak louder than she needed to. Things went fine until she saw the slaves. It didn't take a genus to figure out what came next, but Tika confirmed his suspicions anyway. Chimera offered her a slave to use, the same way he had done for the Aegis on his first diplomatic trip there. But whereas Artorias had simply declined and been about his day, it appeared Chimera wasn't done testing the Carpathius girl. He offered to bed her instead when she declined. Artorias' expression froze on his face. What?! Had Chimers been serious, or was he fucking with his sister's head? That was a bold move, demanding the sister of the Aegis to sleep with him for an alliance.

Artorias gently shushed Avantika when she began to tear up, knowing she was approaching a panic attack as she had been prone to when they were pups. "It's all right, Tika. You're home and it's over. You never have to go back there again," he reassured her, moving to wrap his sister in an embrace to chase away the anxiety. "I'm proud of you for knowing your limits and drawing a hard line. I would never expect you to do something like that for our pack. You did the right thing." But that still left the problem of Fenmyre. Artorias set his lips into a tight line. He would need to go back there and discuss with Chimera what had happened. Despite what had taken place, a unified Auster still posed a greater benefit to the Hallows than having a pack a stone's throw away that could be swayed to another side. He didn't anticipate war coming to the Hallows' door anytime soon, but he'd rather be prepared than find himself suddenly surrounded by enemies.

Drawing back from their hug, Artorias looked Tika in the eyes and gave her a reassuring smile. Big brother was going to take care of everything. "You did well, Templar Avantika. You scouted out the pack, you met with their leader, and you brought back valuable information for us. We just have a little more work to do, is all." He went to pat her shoulder with a large paw and released her. "Go ahead and get some food and rest. I think you could use it."

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.

Avantika

"I Will Make You Proud"

Loner

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dikui

10-14-2021, 05:41 PM

Artorias shushed Avantika gently and told her that she was home and she'd never had to go back there again. She felt like she was collapsing into his hug, the soft warmth of a brother and an alpha who would never let her or their pack get hurt, and letting her worries melt away into his fur. He continued, telling her that he would never expect her to do something like that for the pack and that she did the right thing. She'd been looking at her paws for most of her description, so she hadn't seen the lack of surprise in his face when she'd mentioned Chimera's slaves. She was still operating under the assumption that he hadn't known before she told him.

They drew apart, Avantika smiling gratefully at Art as he smiled reassuringly at her. Despite being a season younger than her, he'd always acted like he was the big sibling. He'd seemingly matured so much faster than her. She wondered whether he felt overwhelmed by all his responsibility like she would in his place. He praised her again and told her to get some food and rest, and she would.

"Speech"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

10-14-2021, 10:01 PM

By the time he drew back, Artorias saw a noticeable shift in Avantika's demeanor. She no longer seemed on the verge of a panic attack, and she'd even managed a bit of a smile. He returned the smile, happy to offer her some help when it came to keeping her grounded. Rudyard had always been her best friend and helped keep her level when she started to spin out, but with Rudy off doing his own thing, it fell to him to be there when his family needed support. Life had not been kind to the Carpathius wolves. They'd all been forced to grow up much faster than they should have, and it weighed on Artorias' mind sometimes. The childhood he'd willingly given up for his knight training, the struggles of the ice age they'd survived, watching his mother die before his very eyes and having to pick up the reins with Ulric when she'd fallen... It was enough to turn any boy into a man. But never once did he complain. His family was worth everything.

He was going to let Avantika go see to some food and rest, but he wanted to make sure she was finished first. Art didn't want to leave her feeling like he was just dismissing her. "Is there anything else I need to know before I go have a word with Chimera myself?" he asked. He trusted the word and intuition of his Templars more than many others. If Tika had information or insight to share with him that might be helpful to know before he saw the king of Fenmyre again, he would hear it. Otherwise, she was free to go about her day.

One big happy family

Avantika

"I Will Make You Proud"

Loner

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dikui

10-16-2021, 02:20 PM

While Artorias seemed to thrive under the pressures of growing up, Avantika felt like she was falling behind. She didn't want always to be the sensitive baby that everyone else always had to care for. She wished that she could just be strong and confident -- the protector, not the one who had to be protected. Of course, she was getting stronger, but it never felt like enough. Maybe nothing would ever be enough for her. But she would die before settling for anything less than perfection, so she kept pushing herself onward.

Before dismissing her, Artorias asked whether there was anything else he needed to know before he talked to Chimera himself. "No, I've told you everything, but..." She hesitated. "If you want my opinion, I don't know if this alliance is a good idea. The Hallows is a shelter for those who need help, right? I don't want anyone getting hurt or taken advantage of." They were supposed to keep their wolves safe, so how could they leave them to the risk of being hurt by Chimera the way Avantika almost was? It was Art's decision, and she would respect him whatever he chose, but she hoped he would choose what she wanted.

"Speech"