gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
10-11-2021, 11:30 PM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2021, 06:06 PM by Rudyard. Edited 1 time in total.)
Rudyard was tired, that sort of tired that comes from a good days workout.  He’d feel satisfied with that if it wasn’t for how little he had done for the day.  The impatient wolf felt like he would never be back in peak shape.  Logic assured him he just needed a bit more time and exercise but his impatient nature just inwardly screamed it was going to take forever.
Rudy wanted to go off with Art and deal with this ‘brother’ problem they had.  Art wasn’t ready for it yet so technically Rudy had time but he should be improving his fighting ability to greater extremes than he could right now.  The boy let out a pent up sigh and as he exhaled noticed a firefly bobbing a bit at the somewhat harsher breath.  Firefly?

Once Rudy looked about he spotted more of them, glowing a weird blue shade.  Tilting his head back there was a veritable swarm of the things and the moon had an odd tint of color that didn’t really seem right.  Was it the hardly visible foggy clouds passing by that did it?  Surely not, they wouldn’t make the odd tinge of color.  

Sure, it was a good weather for fireflies but since when was there number so huge and didn’t most of them have more of a greenish shade light to them, and it seemed like these fireflies stayed lit up longer versus the ones that normally flickered a second then dark and again.  Rudy’s ears flicked back and forth as he took in the odd sight.  One of the little bugs tried landing on his muzzle and he swiped it away with a paw.  The irritation came back towards him and Rudy just snapped at it, actually managing to get it on the edge of his teeth.  It had a funny taste and he pawed at his tongue till he knocked it off.  “Yuck, what are you things?”  Maybe they were some different sort of bug that was just similar to them.  Either way they tasted yuck and could brighten up the dark area more than he'd ever imagine.  

Rudyard Carpathius

Gwynevere

The Hallows
Chief Physician

Master Healer (266)

Master Intellectual (260)

An icon representing the specialty Field Medic Field Medic

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Shelby

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Double MasterPride - Demisexual
10-12-2021, 12:10 AM

Gwynevere didn't often leave the castle, especially not after the strange events that had happened when she ran into Serenity out in God's Garden, but as she was working on some poultices to restock a couple that had been used from the pharmacy she realized that there was an herb they were short of in their stores that she needed to finish it. She knew that this was one of the herbs she had growing in the greenhouse, but when she looked out the window at the castle garden's her ears flicked at the darkness she saw. She didn't really want to go outside, especially not when it was dark, but it was still within the castle walls and it would just be a quick trip outside and then back in again... She fetched Blue and Eilwen just to be safe and she walked outside with her companions to go gather the last herbs she needed and come right back in.

On her way to the greenhouse she heard a muttering asking what something was and she looked over, spotting Rudyard rubbing his tongue like he bit something nasty tasting. It didn't take a lot of effort to figure out what happened with all the fireflies that were filling the air everywhere she looked, but her ears flicked at the idea that he had hurt one of the fireflies - if that's really what they were. She wasn't entirely convinced they didn't have some part to play in all the strange stuff that was going on. With the strangely large, oddly hued moon to light the way she walked over to Rudy, asking, "How're you feeling today?" She was honestly just happy to see him up and about at all. The longer his coma continued the more unsure she had become of her own prognosis, but he had pulled through after all and it had been a huge relief to have her trouble prone brother back.

"Gwynevere Carpathius"

Rudyard

Loner
High Councilor

Master Fighter (245)

Expert Hunter (230)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Trophy Hunter Trophy Hunter

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

10-12-2021, 12:20 AM
Rudy glanced at seeing Gwynn appear, offering her his best roguish grin, “Still alive.  Haven’t even injured myself recently.” He hadn’t had enough energy to be out long enough to find trouble but he wouldn’t add that little side joke in.  Some might take that seriously coming from him.

Rudy nodded his head to the fireflies all about, “So, do you know what they are? Are they just funny’sh fireflies or some other bug that does that.”  Another one came over his direction and this time he just swatted at it with a paw, sending it harmlessly skittering over the paw then back to its chaotic flight in the air.  “It seems kinda weird don’t ya think?”  It was a better subject than admitting how frustrated he was with the impatience to be back to normal.  He didn’t bother mentioning the moon, they could both see it and maybe it was just some weird trick of clouds, they could do some funny things at times.

“Oh, careful talking.  They taste disgusting if one flies in.”  He doubted Gwyn would bite it but thinking on it Rudy imagined one very well could fly into their mouths with how little they seemed to care what they flew around.

Rudyard Carpathius

Gwynevere

The Hallows
Chief Physician

Master Healer (266)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Shelby

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Double MasterPride - Demisexual
10-12-2021, 06:12 PM

Gwynevere smiled a little with a soft chuckle at his response. She supposed that was all she could really ask for from her headstrong brother. She wondered how many times she'd end up patching him up throughout the length of their lives together, but she supposed it didn't matter. She always would. She couldn't defend them the way they could defend her, but at least she could keep them healed up when they came back from their fights. She knew he was still healing and didn't quite have the energy to get into trouble just yet so she'd savor these days of not having to worry about him running head first into some kind of danger for a while.

She shook her head when he asked if she knew what the fireflies were. "They seem like fireflies, but... like they're not quite right," she mused while she watched one of them for a moment. She gave a nod when he mentioned how they were weird. "They are... I was out in god's garden the other day before Artorias put the lock down on anyone leaving at night and I saw some rabbits that were glowing like fireflies so it's not just the fireflies that are being effected. A lot of my plants have been glowing too." She had no idea what was causing it all, but it was far more unsettling to her than it seemed to be to Rudy.

Gwyn refocused her mint and lavender eyes on her brother when he mentioned being careful about talking and how disgusting they tasted. She scoffed and smirked with a bit of laughter at his silliness, appreciating how he could always make some kind of joke no matter the situation. "Thanks for the advice." She glanced up toward the path she was taking to the greenhouse and decided she'd probably feel better with someone else with her. "Hey, Rudy, would you walk to the greenhouse with me? I just need to harvest one of the herbs for a poultice. It won't take me more than a couple minutes."

"Gwynevere Carpathius"

Rudyard

Loner
High Councilor

Master Fighter (245)

Expert Hunter (230)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Trophy Hunter Trophy Hunter

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

10-14-2021, 06:02 PM
Glowing rabbits?  Rudy’s curiosity was piqued at that notion.  Funny fireflies were, well, funny but that had nothing on glowing rabbits.  The odd moon and fireflies were no longer of any importance with his mind trying to picture rabbits glowing.

At Gwyn’s question, Rudy nodded, “Sure.”  Rudy would happily go and see if any rabbits showed up, if there were no glowing rabbits there he would have to make a trip out to the gods garden.  It was fine if there was a lock-up in place as he had no intention to get caught if he snuck out.  This was the best he’d felt since he woke up, something had stirred his mind.  “They were still normal other than glowing I assume?” One of the fireflies got a last lazy swipe with his paw as the motley wolf stood up and would turn to follow Gwyn towards their destination.  

“I wonder how long all the glowing stuff will keep up.  Those rabbits better hope it isn’t too long.  It’ll make them even easier to catch.” Rudy said with a crooked grin, “I wonder if glowing makes the meat taste any different.”

Rudyard Carpathius

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-15-2021, 03:58 PM
Rudyard

Something feels off. You also find 1 mushroom. Maybe these are worth keeping…

Gwynevere

The Hallows
Chief Physician

Master Healer (266)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Shelby

10-15-2021, 07:45 PM

Gwyn gave Rudy a little smile when he agreed to come out to the greenhouse with her, walking along beside him around the side of the castle to the glass sided building. He asked about the glowing rabbits and if they were normal besides the glow and she gave an uncertain shrug. "I didn't really stick around to find out. But they were just sitting in the middle of a clearing and just looked at me and Serenity when he found them so... I don't know if something was off with them or not, but they really creeped me out." She didn't really like how eager her brother was to find them and she especially didn't like the idea of him trying to hunt them, but she also wasn't surprised. It did seem like the kind of thing her brother would do. "Well... The herbs that have been glowing seem to be fairly normal once they're picked so I imagine it would be the same with rabbits or other prey... Though you should still be taking it easy," she reminded him with a stern look before she tucked into the greenhouse to quickly pick the herb she was needed and coming back out to where she had left him. "Alright, lets get inside," she insisted, walking with him back into the castle while trying to ignore the fireflies following them through the castle grounds.

"Gwynevere Carpathius"

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-16-2021, 06:06 PM
Gwynevere

You feel the presence of someone else here. You also find 4 crystals. Maybe these are worth keeping…