gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Evelyn
05-18-2014, 11:48 PM
ooc: would prefer if it's athena only but yknow alpha rules and all that jazz xD
Quote:
Amalia has been wandering for quite some time. Typically a cheery girl, it is strange that she finds herself rather downtrodden. First her home had been handed off to another woman, miss Loccian whom the doll respect dearly. Then it had been handed off to another, and her family had all left. Amalia had been none the wiser, left behind to do as she would, confused about where to go or what to do.
Lately, she?s been rather lonely. The months are long and hard on a rogue, especially a girl as sociable as the russet-kissed beauty. Winter has come, the frost gripping into her ivory fur as she trenches onwards, into the depths of the North. Her teal gaze glazes over, focus far away as she trudges across borders and dens alike.
She knows not where she is when she collapses, a shivering mess of a girl. Her pelt dull and thin, patchy in places; her emaciated form exposed and vulnerable. She breathes in shallow breaths, clinging to life. She?s just resting for a moment, and then she?ll be up. She has to find her father, has to find her mother, has to keep going.

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
05-19-2014, 12:34 AM

The princess had taken to constantly wandering the borders of Glaciem, patrolling them like it was her only job. When she wasn't attending one of the trainings in the pack or going off to the battlefield to spar she was out here, stalking the borders and watching for any sign of strangers. Most days it was quiet. Not a lot of wolves wanted to wander this far north in the winder after all, but today was different. Athena stopped suddenly, her dark ears perking up with interest as she caught a scent going clear across the border. It clearly wasn't a Glaciem wolf and she couldn't quite distinguish a pack scent either, making her decide it was a rogue, a female at that.

Without hesitation Athena turned and started tracking the scent, wondering both who would dare to cross the borders like this and how they managed to not be caught by now. Were their defenses truly that lax that any old wolf could come waltzing in? She would have to see to it that something was done about that the next time she saw her father or Sendoa.

It took a few minutes of tracking to find the fea, even with her moving at a fairly swift pace, but when Athena laid her two-tone gaze on her it was nothing like she had expected. She had prepared herself for a fight, ready to chase the intruder out of the territory, but what she found seemed to not be able to stand, much less fight. Athena padded around so that she was standing at the girl's head, her eyes tracing over her shriveled form. She knew she the rules, she knew no mercy should be shown to trespassers... But this girl looked beyond pitiful. She groaned, knowing her father would kill her, but she nudged the girl, saying, "Come on, get up."

Once she had managed to get the pale and russet girl onto her paws she led her toward her den that was nearby, letting her lean on her if she needed to. "There... that's it." She led the intruder into her den and let her settle down on the floor, which felt all kinds of traitorous. "Stay here," she commanded, knowing that if anyone else in the pack saw her she'd be doomed, with the exception of maybe Eris. Athena turned and trotted back out into the woods, now on the mission to find the scrawny girl something to eat.

She returned with a rabbit dangling from her jaws, dropping it in front of the girl before settling down on her haunches on the far side of the den from her. Athena watched her warily while she listened carefully for any movement outside. She worried that it would only be a matter of time before someone else showed up and caught her helping an intruder and she knew that would be a strike against her if her father found out. "What were you thinking? Wandering into our territory like that?" she asked, her voice hushed. She shifted uncomfortably, her bracelets clinking softly together as she settled back on her haunches and her tail curling neatly around her.

Speech
Thought
Others

Amalia

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Evelyn
05-19-2014, 06:03 PM

Quote:
She doesn?t know where she is, only that she sees an ivory-pelted girl. She cannot detect much about her, only that she is nudging her upwards, an Amalia?s weak legs feel compliant for a moment. The chill sits heavy upon her bones, pressing close to the stranger as she seeks her warmth. She finds herself settled into a den, head collapsing to the ground as she follows the command to stay. There?s not much else to do in her condition; she?s freezing cold and weak, her life in the hands of this merciful girl.
A rabbit is placed in front of her, her savior sitting in a farther corner of the den. Amalia begins to eat, a chill ever present along her spine as she continues to shiver visibly. A question is asked and her ears perk up, cold-toned eyes lifting to lock upon the other girl. ?Where am I?? she asks, confused. It Is clear that she knows not neither where she is, nor how she has gotten here. Sense seems to be returning to her at any rate. ?Thank you,? she says, truly grateful.

She hopes that she will not get the girl in any trouble. She would hate to bring harm to one who had put herself on the line to help her. Amalia owes this stranger a debt now, and at the very least that means she will do what is necessary to avoid getting her in trouble over her charity.

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
05-19-2014, 07:20 PM

The poor fea was completely out of it. Where was she? Really? Of all the things... Athena sighed softly, mildly relieved at least that the girl seemed to really not know what she had done. At least it hadn't been a deliberate act of defiance. That would make it easier to explain to the others. "You're in the middle of Glaciem territory. This is my den. You can rest here... for a little while anyway." She shifted her weight a bit so that she was closer to the opening of the den before laying down in front of it, hoping that she could block some of the other girl's scent with her own should anyone be nearby.

"Go ahead, eat." She rested her head upon her forepaws while she waited for the unlikely refugee to eat the rabbit she had brought her. She wondered how any wolf could get this bad off... Why didn't she care for herself? Hunt? Go somewhere warmer? There were so many things that could have been done, but it seemed that she had done none of those things. Instead, she wandered into a pack's territory and passed out in the snow. Athena didn't dare think of what would have happened to her had she not found her.

Once the fea was finished with her meal Athena raised her head again, her emerald and ruby gaze fixating on the girl's own pale gaze. "What is your name?" she asked as a cool breeze blew in, ruffling her silver coat. It was days like this that made Athena grateful for the thick fur she had inherited from her parents.

Speech
Thought
Others

Amalia

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Evelyn
05-22-2014, 07:47 PM

Quote:
The girl is nice enough to house her, Amalia?s ears pinning backwards as she hears of where she is. Glaciem is a word she?s only ever heard cursed in spite, and yet this girl has proven so nice. What is the doll supposed to think of all of this? ?I don?t mean to intrude. I?ll leave as soon as I?m able,? she promises with a dip of her head. The girl tells her to go ahead and eat, and her teal gaze locks into the other?s bi-colored ones in gratitude before she takes her up on the offer.

Russet-kissed snout dips into her prey?s body, jaws parting as she devours the flesh of the prey. It feels good on her stomach, filling the complete emptiness she?d felt for quite some time. It?s been a long winter, hard on a lone wolf. Lone wolves have difficult times hunting, and Amalia has never had to live by herself until now.
Once she has finished, her host asks for her name. ?Amalia Adravendi-Matthias,? she responds smoothly. ?What?s your name?? she asks. She notes the other?s eyes are pretty, exotic and beautiful. The smile that floats onto Amalia?s features is genuine; she is happy to be in the other?s company, happy to have been saved, happy to have been given the opportunity to make this woman?s friendship.

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
05-22-2014, 08:26 PM

Athena took in Amalia's name with a nod, her split-tone eyes meeting her bright blue gems. "Athena Armada, Heir to Glaciem" she replied in turn. After she had said it, she felt both proud and a little silly for stating her title. There was really no reason to state that she was the Heir, but it rolled off of her tongue without a second thought.

Athena could imagine the girl not in this emaciated state and saw something quite lovely there. From the russet that covered her face to the ivory that coated her body and even her eyes that were more blue than any she had noticed before. She was tiny compared to herself, but Athena found that strangely adorable. Usually anyone as slight and seemingly helpless as Amalia appeared to be would appear weak in the princess's eyes, but instead she wanted, in a way, to help Amalia return to how she must have looked before life took a turn for her.

"You don't have to run off so quickly," she heard herself saying, the words falling from her mouth without her really considering them. "You could stay here, be a part of Glaciem. I'd look after you." What was she saying? She hardly knew anything about this fea. In fact, she only knew her name and that her eyes were captivating. This could be a terrible mistake, but something told her it wasn't.

Speech
Thought
Others

Amalia

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Evelyn
05-22-2014, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Perhaps she ought to be concerned. She speaks not only with an infamous Armada, but the heir of the Armadas. And yet, Amalia?s compassionate heart cannot find it in herself to care. Lips quirk upwards into the easiest of smiles. ?Your name is beautiful,? she tells her, instead of voicing anything that should suggest that they ought to be enemies. How could she? The girl has taken her in and offered to look after her, and it would be a shame to put herself as an enemy for the sake of a familial grudge the doll has never understood.
The silver angel tells her that she doesn?t have to run off so quickly, suggesting that she stay and be part of the pack. Amalia tilts her head, considering her company. Why not? She knows not what has become of her parents or her siblings, and here is safe. And here is where Athena lives, a thought which chases away the doll?s concerns about Armadas and Glaciems. How could they be monsters when this girl was so nice, so beautiful? ?Would it get you in less trouble if I stayed? If I joined?? she questions. She will not stay if it will only result in pain for her guardian angel, will not prove herself such a burden. But if staying helps the other girl, how can she refuse after being shown such kindness?

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
05-22-2014, 08:57 PM

The question that Amaila posed was not something Athena had even considered. She blinked with surprise, considering it. If someone were to find Amalia as a pack member and not as an intruder, she could say that she recruited the girl. More importantly though, it would more than likely keep Amalia from getting in trouble. Athena was surprised by her own thoughts. Why in the world was she so selfless for a complete stranger?

"It might," she conceded. "But don't decide to stay simply because it would keep me out of trouble. Stay here because it is what you want to do. If you do stay, I'll personally make sure you're taken care of. Of course, there are some things that Glaciem requires of its members. You'll have to train in all fields, but most extensively in fighting, though we are in sore need of healers. We are an empire and we expect the most out of our members." She felt a bit of her father come out in her in that last sentence and it made her smile slightly. She hoped one day she could hold up to his legacy, though she wondered if she could if she could be so easily swayed by a pretty face and bright blue eyes.

Speech
Thought
Others

Amalia

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Evelyn
05-22-2014, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Athena?s admission is all the doll needs. Joining the pack and keeping Athena out of trouble is worth it; Amalia will not risk having her guardian angel in any trouble because of her. ?I don?t have anywhere else I?d rather be,? she tells the girl, although that?s almost synonymous with I have nowhere to go. But that doesn?t mean she doesn?t want to be here; sure she?s uncertain, nervous, but Athena won?t let anything hurt her. She listens as the silver girl describes what Glaciem requires of its members, dipping her head in acceptance of the requirements.

?I wouldn?t mind being a healer. I don?t mind doing a bit of fight training either. And any pack with such a brilliant Heiress must be some pack indeed,? she expresses kindly, her smile lighting up her face beautifully. Amalia has always been a pretty girl, but she?s always thought her smile to be her best feature, if only because she views it as the best feature on anyone. She wonders if she can make Athena smile, too, if she can make the girl?s pretty face even more so.

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
05-27-2014, 05:45 PM

?I don?t have anywhere else I?d rather be.? She wondered how true that was. By her current state Athena wondered if perhaps Amalia simply needed a place to be and now she had stumbled into a possible new home. The white and russet girl went on, stating her acceptance of the training and complementing her at the same time. Athena's gaze softened and a slight smile touched her muzzle. The innocence in that smile that crossed Amalia's face made her smile widen. The fea seemed so gentle and honest and there was something so heartwarming about that. She hoped that innocence would survive here in the harsh world that was Glaciem. "Well then, welcome to Glaciem, Amalia."

A cold wind hit the opening of the den just right, momentarily bringing in an onslaught of cold and a flurry of snowflakes. Athena got the brunt of the cold since she was laying directly in front of the door and she shivered. With just a beat of hesitation, she got up and moved away from the door, moving closer to Amalia and settling down beside her on her stomach. Athena sat close enough that she could feel Amalia's body heat, quickly chasing away the cold that had briefly chilled her skin. "What do you like to do, Amalia? What are you good at?" She wanted to know what this girl would bring to Glaciem, but she also just wanted to learn more about her and her story.

Speech
Thought
Others

Amalia

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Evelyn
06-09-2014, 08:58 PM

Quote:
She is pleased to be here, pleased that Athena seems willing to welcome her into the Glaciem fold. She beams at the ivory girl as she is welcomed, observing as Athena shivers and moves closer. Losing any hint of awkwardness between them, the russet-kissed girl seeks to press against her new Heiress, hoping that shared warmth between their bodies will do them both some good. Winter is cold and bitter, and Amalia figures that so long as she is here she ought to do something for Athena in return for her kindness. She is asked what she?s good at, and she ponders this question for a bit. ?I don?t know yet. I guess we?ll have to find out. I?d like to be good at a few things. I used to be alright at sparring when I was younger, but maybe you can help me practice sometime,? she offers to the other girl, thinking this to be the best idea. ?What about you? Aside from being an amazing Heiress, what?s your favorite hobby?? she questions. Perhaps there is something flirtatious about her, but it is not intentional.

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
06-10-2014, 04:12 PM

Amalia pressed into her side and Athena blinked down at the girl, a small smile touching her muzzle. Athena was used to feeling protective over her brothers, especially Vereux, but for some reason this girl had caught her attention and she felt the same protective tendency when she looked at her. She seemed gentle and delicate, like a flower, which is why Athena was mildly surprised when Amalia mentioned being alright at sparing. Perhaps there was more to this russet and white girl than met the eye. "I would love to practice with you, as soon as you're completely well." Athena wouldn't want any less than a fair fight and it certainly wouldn't be when Amalia was skin and bones like she was now.

Then her own question was turned back on her, with a complement attached. She chuckled softly, pleased and embarrassed by the comment all at the same time. While she wasn't so sure she was as great of an heiress as Amalia claimed her to be, she appreciated the sentiment. "Fighting, actually. Hunting is all fine and good too, but sparing is really my favorite, always has been."

She paused, her split-tone eyes meeting Amalia's blue gaze once more. Athena wondered to herself what Vereux would think when she told him about Amalia or when they met. Vereux was oh so protective of her as it was, she wondered if he would be upset with her for letting a stranger into her den like this. But Amalia didn't look like much of a threat so perhaps not. Without really thinking, Athena leaned down and surprised herself by gently licking the top of Amalia's head. She wasn't sure why, but the motion felt natural as she smiled at the smaller girl. "You should get some rest. You're safe, you've eaten. I'm sure you're exhausted."

Speech
Thought
Others

Amalia

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Evelyn
06-17-2014, 08:49 PM

Quote:
She smiles as Athena offers to practice. Of course, Amalia has quite a bit of healing to do before any such sparring is possible. Right now the winter bites too deep, and the yearling will require a bit of care before she is ready to face the Heiress in any form of combat. ?I look forward to it,? she chirps happily, baby blues batting happily. She listens as Athena describes her hobbies, stating that fighting has always been her favorite.
?I?m sure you?ll be a proper warrior queen,? she states. She doesn?t remember any great warriors off the top of her head, but perhaps in the future Athena will be a story to tell any children Amalia might be blessed to have. A kind-hearted Queen who could protect her pack; she could see the beautiful girl blossom into such a role.
She feels her cheeks heat up as a kiss is pressed to the top of her head, a suggestion of going to sleep. ?Will you stay with me, Athena? Just until I fall asleep. I?m?I?ve never been this far up North before,? she tells her. She isn?t used to the biting cold that sits in her bones; a warm body to lull her into rest would help her relax.