gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Fox

The Ooze Participant
10-15-2021, 03:02 PM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2021, 06:42 PM by Perseus. Edited 2 times in total.)
Perseus considered himself a well-traveled man, not that anyone seemed to believe most tales he’d brought back with him. Swamps where you could hear whispers of the Otherworld, desert oases cursed to grow only salt, mountains so jagged they cut into the very sky itself… It wasn’t his fault you just had to be there for some of it.

Laying there now, propped up and pillowed by a snowdrift at his back, he gazed up with breathless wonder. Distant waves lapped against the sand while a squabble of terns bickered further down the coast. Percy paid them no mind at all, because above him the sky was brilliantly clear, and beginning to behave... rather unusually.

What the fuck was this all about?

He’d seen some crazy shit, but he’d never seen the stars do anything other than dash and flare. This slow smear was… an interesting departure, to say the least. The light show wasn’t half bad either. Every now and then blue specks, be it fireflies or embers or one big step towards madness for him, floated in and out of view. Percy figure’d he could make do with any of those options one way or another, so for the time being he was content to lounge back and enjoy the show.

"Talk" "Listen" Think

Perseus' siblings may enter into any of his threads, regardless of tagging!
Note: Perseus also has a glowing mutation visible in low lighting.

Talon

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Tealah

The Ooze ParticipantTrick 2019
10-15-2021, 04:30 PM
Talon rarely ventured away from Fireside, let alone this far away, but he'd followed the fireflies with gleeful abandon, chasing after and pouncing over and over again as they disappeared beneath his paws. He barreled through a patch of glowing mushrooms, sending blue spores flying everywhere, and then suddenly tripped over something soft and squishy and slammed face first into a snowdrift. He came up sputtering and scattering more fireflies and turned to blink owlishly behind him at whatever he'd tripped over. Oh - whoops! Turns out it was another, brightly colored wolf that had had an unfortunately presented belly. "Oh hey are you looking at the stars?" he gasped, craning his head up out of the snow drift to look at the streaky-strange stars himself. "Isn't it really neat?"

Perseus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Fox

The Ooze Participant
10-15-2021, 05:58 PM
Percy was content to mind his own business all night long. Not a care in the world, not a worrisome thought in his head, not a- "OOF!" Turns out, maybe he'd been too busy thinking about all the things he wasn't thinking about to noticing the rapid approach of another. At least, not until it exploded his little bubble of peace with a scatter of snowflakes and a concussive weight slamming into his underside. Percy wheeled his way upright, coughing and wheezing, trying his level best to coax air back into his lungs. "Gods above," he hacked, half expecting tiny snowballs to come with it. "What an entrance."

Perseus shook his head and collected his senses, turning to find a pale male wolf about his height but thinner with it, bright eyes and enthusiastic in a way that left him wondering if the stranger even remembered the last two minutes. "I certainly was, up until recently," Percy tossed back, head tilted as he tried to gauge the other male. "I've never seen anything like it. Or these little blue bugs, if that's what they are. I haven't been able to pin one down yet to be sure." And boy oh boy had he tried. A whole two days of it, before he at last agreed to an armistice. Not a defeat, just a temporary ceasefire while both sides gathered their wits. Percy didn't let his face sour at the thought, but the curiosity still wormed at him like a burr on the butt. Nearly impossible the scratch.

"Talk" "Listen" Think

Talon

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Tealah

10-15-2021, 06:09 PM
Talon lolled his tongue out and grinned, not the least bit contrite. Well, the least bit, he did feel a little sorry to have crunched into the other male when he was stargazing, but honestly he slammed into people so often it barely registered anymore. "Yeah!" he enthused, "I've been chasing those glowbugs all over but every time I catch one, POOF! they're gone! I'm pretty sure they're magic, you know, like ghosts or something??? Its probably the coolest stuff I've ever seen. And I've seen, you know, a lot." He, of course, really hadn't seen a lot but he was so in his own head so much of the time that he didn't really consider how much there was to see, so his relatively limited experience did seem like a lot, and that experience definitely had never shown him something like this. Turning the puppyish grin towards the sky, he tilted his head back and forth at the blurring stars. "So hey, d'you know what's making the sky so weird?"

Perseus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Fox

The Ooze Participant
10-15-2021, 06:37 PM
Well, it was good to know that the bug's evasive maneuvers weren't for his enjoyment alone, not that it made him feel any less frustrated. "Same for me, I tried every trick I could think of but they don't seem lured by anything. There's gotta be some way to get your paws on one. Or jaws, for that matter." Yes, Percy tried it. No, obviously, it hadn't worked. His plight was truly endless. Percy followed the stranger's lead and let his eyes find the stars again too, still unable to detect their movement but the trails they left behind were a sure sign of it. "Not the faintest clue," Percy replied, trying not to grumble. He wasn't overly fond of not knowing things, or at least not having a feasible way of finding something out. This was a mystery wrapped up in an enigma. "Streaky clouds sure, but even then not like this. Maybe the sky spirits have a surprise for us in store." He tore his silver eyes away and back down to earth, just to toss the other man a wink and a shrug. If he was right, Percy hoped it would hurry up and get to the punchline already, because the suspense was killing him.

Talon

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Tealah

10-15-2021, 06:55 PM
Sadly, the other male had no more of an idea of what was going on than Talon himself had. Talon drooped momentarily at this revelation, but his spirits were irrepressible and he bounced back almost immediately. "Sky spirits?" he repeated, turning to gape at his new buddy. What a thought! How fun would that be? As he looked, Talon finally noticed something that made him gasp out loud in delighted surprise. "Wait, wait! Did you know that you are glowing???" Faintly, sure, but now that he was looking... his eyes narrowed as he squinted doubtfully. "Wait, are you one of those sky spirits, then?" He turned his head back and forth between the fireflies and Percy, comparing them.

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-16-2021, 05:04 PM
Talon

You notice the full moon is brighter than you've ever seen before. You also find 1 mushroom. Maybe these are worth keeping…

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-16-2021, 05:18 PM
Perseus

You feel a strange chill in the air. You also find 2 crystals. Maybe these are worth keeping…