An icon representing the specialty Tactician Tactician

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

VengeanceThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2VengeanceUnderachieverExplorer
Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerPride - BisexualSnake Eyes1KDouble Master
10-15-2021, 04:31 PM

Dagrún was up late in the Orchard getting a midnight snack. She'd buried a half-eaten rabbit from lunch and unearthed it so she could finish it off. Seizing what was left of the creature she padded to the large opening on the side of the barn and settled down to eat and watch the winter's night. Normally these nights were peaceful but the stillness of this one was off… Dag seized a hunk of meat, quickly working down her food. She'd have taken her time but the feeling of something off was starting to wear on her. The moon seemed impossibly large, spilling its light down on the frost kissed grasses. Every so often she thought she saw a flash of blue out in the range. Little winking lights dancing eerily in the distance.

Nami

Tojo-kai
Kariudo

Novice Navigator (20)

Advanced Hunter (95)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Nyx

Samhain 2022Pride - PansexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
10-15-2021, 04:41 PM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2021, 05:35 PM by Nyx. Edited 2 times in total.)
Nami had ended up a bit further inland than she usually liked, but whatever was going on wasn't at all ordinary. The changing of seasons wasn't anything that unusual but the nights seemed to be stretching on longer and longer these days. These lands were completely new to her though so it was easy to pass it off as just adjusting to this new world - but as the days went on it became increasingly obvious that something strange was definitely going on.

The stars streaking across the sky, coupled with the moon in all its giant splendor, was strange enough... but the little blue lights that flashed here and there were enough to make her nervous. They weren't like fireflies that she'd ever seen before but she was intrigued. Trying to get a sense of these lands though wasn't something she wanted to do alone - she wasn't comfortable exploring inland so much, so when she caught scent of someone enjoying a meal she was quick to seek them out. "Anyone out there?" Nami called out finally, squinting through the darkness. The big structure ahead of her was strange enough as it was; she

Dagrún

Loner

Master Fighter (295)

Master Intellectual (260)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

VengeanceThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2VengeanceUnderachieverExplorer
10-15-2021, 04:46 PM

Dagrún usually felt safe just inside the border of the Orchard. She was still close enough to the range that she could easily call for help if needed but there was something about this night that weighed heavily on her. The air seemed some how both thicker and colder than it should've been. A voice in the darkness called out and Dagrún startled, inhaling just as she meant to swallow. She coughed loudly before hacking up a piece of half chewed meat. "Odin's beard! You startled me. What are you doing around here?" She gazed out at the lightly built stranger, noting her gorgeous fawn coat and cute little tail.

Nami

Tojo-kai
Kariudo

Novice Navigator (20)

Advanced Hunter (95)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Nyx

10-15-2021, 05:49 PM
First she say a stranger's eyes, a striking green that contrasted with the blue light of the fireflies.. or whatever they were. But before she could register anything else she heard a hacking cough and she froze, worried that she might be intruding. Though she wasn't the type to settle down and didn't really believe in the concept of packs, she knew other wolves did and she liked to avoid trouble at all costs. Fortunately the stranger spoke up and Nami, tense for a moment, relaxed slightly. She sounded friendly enough, if not startled. "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to startle you!" Nami explained quickly. A few more steps toward her helped Nami make out her features - and she wasn't sure what was more distracting for a moment, the floating blue lights or Dagrun's unique markings. "Have you ever seen anything like this before? Oh! I'm Nami, by the way." She asked after a moment, eyes widening as she watched a group of those blue fireflies float closer. They felt threatening somehow, though Nami couldn't quite place why.

Dagrún

Loner

Master Fighter (295)

Master Intellectual (260)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

10-15-2021, 06:19 PM

Dagrún quickly recovered, feeling some what embarrassed for missing the stranger's approach to the point of nearly choking on her own food. "Er, that's alright. I should've been paying more attention. It's just… everything seems off tonight. I don't know." She looked to the moon then back to the other girl who introduced herself as Nami. "Nice to meet you, I'm Dagrún." She followed Nami's gaze out into the darkness where the lights seemed to be coming toward them. She scrambled to her feet. "Hey, what are those lights?" They made her think of fair fires and that certainly didn't bode well.

Nami

Tojo-kai
Kariudo

Novice Navigator (20)

Advanced Hunter (95)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Nyx

10-15-2021, 08:00 PM (This post was last modified: 10-17-2021, 10:24 AM by Nami. Edited 2 times in total.)
Nami nodded in agreement. She noted that Dagrun had been eating and thought to apologize for disturbing her, but they'd already launched into a conversation. Suddenly she forgot all about her intrusion, instead focused on what was going on around them. "I can't say I've seen anything like it before. But then again, I'm new to these parts," Nami admitted, her bobbed tail giving a little wag. If going further inland meant more of these she'd be quick to head back to the sea soon enough. The islands were much more enjoyable; though these sights were interesting they made her feel uneasy as well. "They look like fireflies, but I've never seen any this color before... I'm not so sure," Nami mused, brow furrowed together tightly.

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-15-2021, 09:42 PM
Dagrun

The stars above seem to twinkle in response. You also find 1 mushroom. Maybe these are worth keeping…

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-16-2021, 06:21 PM
Nami

You feel uneasy. You also find 1 crystal. Maybe these are worth keeping…