gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2
10-15-2021, 09:34 PM
Theron already hated the swamplands. It was muddy and wet and hard to navigate in the best of times. However, adding winter into the mix, it was hell. His paws were small and dainty, spreading none of his weight and causing his legs to sink deep into the slushy muck. His struggle was obvious. Mud stuck thickly to his fur, coating up his legs and clinging to his underbelly and tail. Theron was never one to care about his appearance, but he could recognize he looked like a mess.

He had gotten used to fast-paced travel, but the swamp had slowed him down significantly. Theron didn't have anywhere he needed to be, but it was still annoying. He wanted to explore, see different places, and was rather impatient when it came to doing so. Especially now that the world was... doing whatever this was. The strange blue whisps, the moon and stars changing up their behavior, the night lasting way too long. He didn't know what was going on, so he wanted to sightsee as much as he could before all the strangeness would culminate. It could be the end of the world or it could be something harmless, but he wasn't going to take chances. So he continued trudging through the mud and sleet, grumbling whenever a paw would get stuck.

Keeping his mind busy helped battle against the annoyances of the swamp, his nose working to find the scent prey. One that wasn't glowing blue if he had a say. He still wasn't fully convinced they weren't poisonous in some way. The wisps hadn't killed him but there was no guarantee the glowing rabbits wouldn't.

Azure

"Break what can be broken"

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022GlobetrotterStatue 2 WorshipOverachieverIsland HopperSmall Fries
TrapperRunning on EmptySocialiteBest BudsRapid Poster - GoldSouthern Explorer
WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
ScarredCritical Fail!ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerWordyLoser
Snake EyesDouble MasterLegendaryCritical Hit!1K
10-17-2021, 06:41 PM (This post was last modified: 10-17-2021, 06:43 PM by Azure. Edited 1 time in total.)

It had been quite a while since Azure had wandered any reasonable distance outside pack territory. There had been too much to investigate and tend to with the oddities plaguing the land this winter, and his very-pregnant mate needed all the attention he could give her in his time off from patrols or alpha duties. Hanako however was almost as much like a magpie as she was wolf, and after her latest hormonal rampage the titanic alpha had taken off in search of some sort of shiny, pretty accessory to bring home as an apology present. Not that she really deserved much of an apology - Azure definitely had done nothing wrong - but she was carrying his tiny heirs and that would be enough that he'd placate her at every possible turn.

Headed west toward the out of the way bunker he and Hanako had once stumbled upon, Azure did not expect the scent of a loner to reach his nostrils. His oversized paws came to a hesitant stop, head lifting slightly to scent the wind. Hunting wolves was not unlike hunting any other creature (of which Azure was exceptionally skilled) and catching the trail did not take him much effort at all. Eventually he came up upon the stranger from behind, gaze roaming across his scrawny form with curiosity. "Greetings." He offered simply. "Are you lost?" First thing was first - determine whether this little wanderer belonged to anyone.

"Speech"

Both of Azure's ears have notches and tears.
Az has a scar across his right eye, a mirror image of his natural born marking.
Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.
Not all of these features are always reflected in his art.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Theron

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player

10-17-2021, 10:33 PM
Theron had caught the trail of something edible, his focus trained on the sweet scent of rabbit when a voice behind him caught his attention. His head jolted upward, twisting to see the massive man who had materialized behind him. Stormy grey eyes met blue-green before Theron's gaze started to shift to take in more of his appearance. Was he really so out of his element that he let that sneak up behind him? The brute was nearly twice his size! Theron had frozen in place, his hackles raised as he absorbed the situation. How could he have been so blind? He should have paid more attention. He should have- Wait, no. Focus on the task at hand. It was only a stranger, no need to overreact.

He was quick to swallow his surprise. Others fed on fear and he knew better than to show it. He turned to face the other man, head held high in feigned confidence. His fur never quite settled though, a subtle sign of his unease. "No," he said curtly, "I'm fine. I'm just making my way out of the swamps." Theron's tone was tense, but assertive. He spoke no lies, being lost was an impossibility when he had no destination, he had no reason to fret over his words.

"Who are you?" While the meeting had been startling and impromptu, perhaps he could get something from this. Maybe this stranger knew about what was going on to cause such strangeness in the sky and fauna. He suspected there weren't many who had answers, but he wasn't going to get any results on his own either. He couldn't just turn tail and retreat whenever another wolf showed their face if he wanted to learn anything.

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
10-19-2021, 06:19 PM

Azure drank in the man's alarm, watching with interest as it shifted into something more combative and tense. He claimed to not be lost, but that did not quite answer the young alpha's question. Now more then ever, he did not want to risk stealing a wolf to whom another pack already had a claim. "Make your way out too far and you'll stumble directly onto pack territory." Az's brow raised, searching Theron's steely gaze. "Do you belong to them - to Ashen - or to another?"

Whilst he still was seeking answers, Azure had to be careful not to spook the wolf too thoroughly. He considered the question and begrudgingly decided the introduction couldn't hurt. "I am one of the Alpha's of the Armada, to the east. My name is Azure Fatalis, and yours?" The man certainly appeared to be a loner, if his lack of pack scent did not say as much his figure certainly did. Azure's Warlord father always seemed to claim his slaves so.. consensually, offering them a home, a full belly, warmth from the winter winds. Perhaps this stranger would benefit from the same tactic.

"Speech"

Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Theron

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player

10-19-2021, 08:53 PM
"I belong to no one," he sneered. His voice emphasized the word unconsciously, a subliminal reflex when it came to the word. While it could be used innocently with loving connotations, Theron could only associate 'belong' with possession. He was not a possession. Though, if the question was posed innocently (which most likely it was) then perhaps his tone was unfounded. "I reside with no pack and I have respected pack boundaries ever since I've started traveling, if you were concerned." That sounded more respectful, and thus more foreign on his tongue. However, being loose and crass with a wolf who could seemingly crush him if they were so pleased didn't seem like the soundest plan.

Especially since they were an alpha, as he was quick to learn. It would be smart to offer them a bit more respect than he was used to giving. The last thing he wanted was to garner the grudge of a pack leader. "I am Theron," he said, giving a slight nod in a late greeting. His introduction felt empty, but he had not much to offer. If he had a family name, he was never told and he felt no need to make one up for himself. He had no pack or rank to present either. He was just Theron. "Is there something that pulls you away from your pack lands?" Maybe the alpha was also investigating the strange happenings here, or simply getting fresh air?

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

10-19-2021, 09:54 PM

While he had been entertaining his father's much nicer way of acquiring loyalty only moments prior, Theron's sneer and combative tone quite easily allowed Azure to forget he'd been willing to be kind at all. "Fantastic." His lips split into a grin and he stepped forward toward the man, aiming to circle him and get a better look at the rest of his form. It was visible in his lack of muscle tone and height that the stranger not a born fighter - and after all, that was the task Azure was assigned, to bring home a warrior trainee - but at the very least, Theron could prove a suitable servant for his pregnant wife and grandchildren.

"Well then, Theron, today is your lucky day. I in fact left my pack lands in search of something and it appears I've found it." Azure stopped in his pacing lifted one mutated paw and turned it over and back, inspecting his bear-like claws. "The Armada is a pack of war. Every one of our wolves are trained in combat regardless of their rank, including our children and servants. After today you will belong to the Armada and to me - but mostly to me."

He fell quickly into a combat stance, legs spread wide for balance with his claws dug in hard into the dirt. White-tipped tail flagged out high above his spine, both to assert his dominance and keep the fur away from roaming jaws. Upon his face was more an amused smile then a snarl, but regardless it brandished to his opponent his long pair of saber fangs as well as pulled the fur upon his muzzle taut. "I'll give you the first strike, if only so I might know where I'll need to focus your training. Take the offer and be thankful for it - should you lose or decide instead to run from me, you will be forfeiting your freedom when I inevitably catch you." Theron was built for speed, not might, and so Azure chose to hold his ground firm. If he was not the one aiming to close the ground between them, it made it that much easier to prepare to pivot should the more slender wolf try to get around him.

Azure vs Theron for Force Claim
Round 0/?
Size: Dire wolf
Build: Medium
Offensive Battle Accessory: Bracers with knife
Defensive Battle Accessory: Condor body armor
Companion 1: Large flying fox, Male - Battle
Companion 2: Clouded leopard, Female - Battle
*Companion 3: Fisher, Male - Battle
Mutation 1: Saber fangs - Offensive
Mutation 2: Bear paws - Offensive
Mutation 3: Bone spurs - Offensive
Skills: Master Fighter & Master Hunter
Specialty: Bloodletter

"Speech"

Theron

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player

10-19-2021, 11:56 PM
Theron blinked in confusion, his heart sinking into his stomach as a grin spread across the brute's face. He said something wrong and Azure instantly latched on to it. Fear cracked the fragile shell of fake confidence, backing up for two steps while the alpha advanced before they stuck in place. This time, it was not mud that hindered his movement, but uncooperative muscles as they stiffened and froze in panic. He knew he should have distrusted Azure from the start, but it was too late for reflections.

His ears flattened against his head, bearing his teeth at the other man as they truly let him know what was going on. He was being claimed. His blood boiled, pure hot resentment clear in his glare. This wasn't happening. He refused! Theron spared precious glances from the larger brute to the swamplands, trying to think of an escape plan. Running had never failed him before, but he wasn't sure if it would be on his side this time. The terrain of the swamp seemed to fight against him just as well as a wolf could, eager to trap his legs in pockets of mud and muck. Sure, on good ground Theron was confident he could run from this problem, but one slip-up in the mud could spell his defeat before he had the chance to do anything.

"You must be dense to think I'd fight for you," Theron snarled, narrowing his eyes as he tried to catch a hole in the alpha's defenses. He seemed born to fight, every inch armed with something sharp enough rip skin. "I'll tear out your throat the moment your attention slips." The threat itself was empty, but that wasn't the point. He just needed Azure to know he wasn't going to show his belly. He was more trouble than he was worth. Even if he lost here, he wasn't going to be the obedient slave every owner would want him to be.

With no other warning, Theron launched himself forward, attempting to rush parallel past the alpha's front to instead sink his jaws into their right thigh. He had very few plans other than to avoid Azure's sabers and do as much damage as possible. He doubted he could do much else in this scenario.

Theron vs Azure for Freedom
Round 1/?
Size: Medium
Build: Emaciated
Skills: Beginner Navigator & Beginner Hunter

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

10-20-2021, 12:49 AM

This stranger had some life to him, much more then any of the other slaves his father had drug home to the Armada. Typically Azure preferred something more submissive and respectful, though he could not deny that it would be much more fun to break a spirit before molding them the way he preferred. "Big words for a little man." He commented offhandedly, still waiting for the inevitable strike. Azure very much had expected Theron to run, as a wolf his stature usually would prefer, but was pleasantly surprised to hear the determination in the other man's threat.

Theron lunged forward, moving past Azure as he'd expected and going for his rear leg. Azure allowed the man to shoot alongside him, crouching his hind end down low and lifting up his right rear leg quickly toward the lunging jaws with intent to hopefully jab at his opponent's throat's underside with his knee spur before the bite could land higher upon his thigh. Timing an attack with his knee was less precise then his teeth or claws (and velocity wise, he knew the impact would be lesser) but if he was lucky it might at least ward the flying jaws back. While his knee came up, Azure's head came down to his right to aim to grab the man's base of his tail and pull back as he passed by.

Round 1/2

"Speech"

Theron

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player

10-20-2021, 05:13 PM
In his haste, Theron lacked the time to redirect as his target shifted. Instead of getting a mouthful of fur and flesh, his jaws clacked shut on nothing, nearly catching his own tongue between his incisors as he was jabbed in the neck. His skidding paws slowed his momentum enough that the bone didn't cut through skin, but the shock and pain were still enough to stun him, gritting his teeth to only allow a hiss of discomfort to slip through his lips. Right, bone spurs. He had to avoid those too, maybe if he-

Theron had no time to recalibrate his half-baked plan before teeth snapped around his tail, dragging him back towards the danger of the brute's maw. Rage-filled panic fueled Theron more than ever as he twisted to instead snap at Azure's foreleg as he was pulled closer, aiming below the bone spur to try and save himself from his previous mistake. At least then he could be a nuisance, draw a little blood if he was lucky. Anything was better than just sitting about to get dragged like a ragdoll.

Theron vs Azure for Freedom
Round 2/2
Size: Medium
Build: Emaciated
Skills: Beginner Navigator & Beginner Hunter

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

10-20-2021, 06:22 PM

Azure felt the impact of his knee upon something which was enough to tell he was successful. He'd hoped he hadn't damaged his new slave too irreparably - and as he yanked back on the tail he had intended to catch a glance of the wound - when those annoying jaws caught upon his foreleg.

Azure seethed between the fur in his jaws, releasing the tail and lifting his left forelimb up with intent to have it crash back down upon the man's left hip. He had the size advantage - and dangerous claws upon the mutated paw - so if he put enough of his body weight into it, perhaps he could push the man to the ground and end the fight before he got any more ego about landing a hit.

Round 2/2

"Speech"

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-20-2021, 06:48 PM

And the winner is...

Azure

Theron has been force claimed and must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out.

Totals:

Azure:
Attack Roll: 87
Defense Roll: 56
Agility Roll: 59
Perception Roll: 62
Total: 264
Attack[87] + 100% Bonus[87.00]: 174.00
Defense[56] + 10% Bonus[5.60]: 61.60
Agility[59] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 59.00
Perception[62] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 62.00
Total[356.60] + 40% Bonus[142.64]: 499.24

Theron :
Attack Roll: 24
Defense Roll: 13
Agility Roll: 86
Perception Roll: 67
Total: 190
Attack[24] + 5% Bonus[1.20]: 25.20
Defense[13] + -5% Bonus[-0.65]: 12.35
Agility[86] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 86.00
Perception[67] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 67.00
Total[190.55] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 190.55

Theron

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player

10-20-2021, 08:04 PM
Theron felt his teeth catch on the other man's leg, instantly struck with the warm feeling of success. He sunk his canines in, already prepared for the retaliation as the opposite paw rose to strike him. He had gotten a little of what he wanted anyway, and as a loner, he had learned to take what he could get.

He yelped as Azure's paw rammed into his flank, causing his hold to loosen as he toppled to the snowy floor, pinned beneath dangerous-looking claws. Still, he was determined to continue the struggle, his paws drawing muddy lines in the slush in an attempt to wiggle out of the brute's grasp. Any attempted snaps caught nothing either, pretty easy to avoid when he wasn't capable of much movement. Gradually, became clear at his lack of progress he wasn't going to be able to brute force his way free. All he was managing to do was kick up snow. Hell, even if he did get back on his feet, it wouldn't take much from Azure to knock him back down again, most likely adding a few more bruises and scrapes while he was at it. Maybe it would be best to wait for another opportunity...

Reluctantly, he went limp in the snow, his tail curling between his legs in silent acceptance of his defeat.

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

10-20-2021, 08:33 PM

The man fell beneath his paw and Azure held him there securely while he fought himself deeper into the snow. Theron managed to struggle much longer then Azure assumed an emaciated wolf might have the energy for, and once more he found himself pleased that his new servant would have so might fight in him. When he broke the man his Warlord father would be that much more impressed.

The struggling gradually fell to a stop, and Azure peered down below his paw to where the cowed wolf lay limp. "You did your best." He 'complimented', amusement clear in his voice. "Don't worry, you will have plenty of opportunity to win back your pride and perhaps, one day, your freedom." An unfortunate part of the Armada's structure, Sirius (for what reason, Az would never understand) had decided each slave should have the opportunity to earn favor and escape the rank.

He lifted his paw from the man without hesitation, a challenge in his eyes as he waited for Theron to stand. No wolf would be stupid enough to attack again so soon after a devastating loss, especially not without the element of surprise. "We will get you to your new home, get some food in you, and then I will explain what your new life will look like. Will you behave and come willingly, or will I need to drag you?"  

"Speech"

Theron

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player

10-20-2021, 10:18 PM
Theron had to bite his tongue to prevent himself from snapping back at the alpha's tone. It was so patronizing, rubbing salt in his wounds. Azure had already won, why couldn't he just be quiet!? Though he would be doing the same if he had won, but it didn't make the fake, mocking compliment taste any better. He wanted to snarl some more and try and rip that mocking tongue out of the alpha's mouth, but his burning lungs convinced him otherwise. He had already pushed himself too far, attempting another stunt would achieve nothing.

He pushed himself back onto his feet as the weight was lifted off of him, his coat heavy with mud and melted snow. "I can walk," he hissed. He was half-tempted to drag his paws like a stubborn pup to force the brute to carry him. He didn't want to behave. However, he lacked the leverage to be obstinate. He wasn't sure of what rules and limitations Azure had in mind for him, or the punishments he would receive for stepping over them... but mostly he was worried about the food that was offered. What if it was revoked if he threw too much of a fuss? He couldn't remember the last time food was just given to him. Theron wasn't going to risk it being taken away before he had the chance to see it.

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

10-20-2021, 11:10 PM

Theron got to his feet and the amusement in Azure's eyes did not lessen. "Perhaps a bath, as well." His new slave insisted he was capable of getting there himself and Azure waved his paw in a grand gesture to invite the man east. Theron of course would need to walk ahead of him - Azure would not risk having his prize bolt as soon as his back was turned. "Then away we go. It's not too far." Which was good, because the wound upon the alpha's foreleg was annoying enough that he did not want to go a long journey upon it, but had no intention on letting the man see him limp.

-exit Azure?-

"Speech"