size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
10-27-2021, 09:51 AM

The world had been thrown into a state of disorder, it seemed. The young healer was on edge with all that was happening. The only good to come out of it so far, in her opinion, was the near-darkness that settled over the world and the pretty things that she could somewhat look at now. Vibrant colors of blue, greens, purples, yellows, and oranges so far that she'd seen were fascinating, though she'd been hesitant to touch any of it.

She walked along the Obsidian shores of the southern beach, head tilted slightly so she could see the path in front of her. Though there was little risk of bumping into something she couldn't see right in front of her, she was still cautious. The waves glowed with some form of bioluminescence, causing a smile to touch her lips. What had caused all this mystery, she didn't know. But one thing was for certain...it was beautiful.

The further she walked, and the closer she angled towards the water, she started to notice flickering blue lights at the edge of her vision. Strange blue wisps began to appear, dancing in the near-darkness. She stopped, tilting her head towards them as she stole glances of their dancing. She almost felt like reaching out and touching them, but she steeled herself. She didn't know what would happen if she did. "You're very pretty to look at," She commented, and then something unexpected happened. "Thank...you..." She froze...was she imagining things?

"Speak"

Nami

Tojo-kai
Kariudo

Novice Navigator (20)

Advanced Hunter (95)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Nyx

Samhain 2022Pride - PansexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
10-27-2021, 05:55 PM
This was not at all what Nami had expected upon coming to these lands. She'd pictured bright, tropical shores and a vast expanse of blue sea - instead she'd gotten... this. The sun seemed reluctant to fully show itself and even during the daytime, the world seemed darker than she thought possible. Part of her wondered if she ought to return home but she feared the journey would be even more dangerous with the way things were right now. Probably better to keep to herself and ride out the storm, so to speak...

A chill blew in from across the water, though she wasn't sure it was only caused by the cold. The little wisps of light that bobbed to and fro, dancing near her head, were part pretty and part unnerving. She dodged a few that flew alarmingly close to her eyes, though suddenly a voice cut through the silence. Though she couldn't quite make out what the stranger was saying, she was eager for some company during these strange times. "Oh, hello!" Nami called out, her tail giving a little wave as she moved closer to her, and thus the waves that licked at the shore. She let out a little gasp as the cold waves touched her toes, if only due to the glowing colors that drifted about in the water.

Noelle

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

Intermediate Intellectual (40)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

10-27-2021, 07:42 PM

She wasn't sure if what she heard was real, or if it was just her imagination. But shortly afterward, the wisps danced away and she watched them go. She smiled a little to herself before she noticed movement from the corner of her eye, and then a greeting. Oh! Someone else was here? She turned towards the stranger, her head tilted so she could see the stranger's face in the dim lighting. She seemed to be dancing away from the glowing water, but she wasn't sure if she was trying to escape the glow or the cold. "Hello!" She responded in kind, her own tail gently wagging.

Almost immediately she heard more whispering. It grew louder and louder until it practically felt like someone was talking right in her ear. That...wasn't the stranger, was it? She turned her head to see who or what it was, but all she could see in bits and pieces were a bunch of blue fireflies flickering around her and the space between her and the stranger. She shook her head trying to make sense of the voice, but she couldn't discern what it was trying to say. "You...can you hear that? Do you have a friend with you?" She asked the other woman, wondering if perhaps that were the case, then she could assume they were shouting somewhere nearby...that made the most sense, right?

"Speak"

Nami

Tojo-kai
Kariudo

Novice Navigator (20)

Advanced Hunter (95)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Nyx

10-29-2021, 09:34 AM
Nami felt another shiver wrack her frame, but the sudden presence of another was just enough to calm her frazzled nerves. She hopped a few steps further up the shore as she closed the distance between them fully, careful to avoid stepping into the water - at least for now. Wariness around and kind of water wasn't something she was accustomed to, and she hoped these changes would fade away quickly so she could continue life on like normal. "Are you.. familiar with these parts? I'm new here," she admitted quickly. Maybe this was just... something that happened here? Somehow she knew that wasn't the case, but she liked to be hopeful anyway.

Her question earned a slow nod. "Nope, it's just me. Why-" she started, but then she heard it too, a faint whisper that sounded like it belonged to someone nearby. But the beach was empty, save for them and those little blue lights bobbing up and down in the space between them. Surely that didn't make any sense, though.. "I... I don't know if I like this. You aren't messing with me, are you?" Though she wasn't the type to be skeptical of others, this was an exception, and while he didn't think this stranger was messing with her she just didn't have any other idea what could be going on.

Noelle

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

10-30-2021, 11:34 PM
"Are you.. familiar with these parts? I'm new here," Noelle frowned as she side-glanced at the stranger. "This is my first time at this beach, but I know a few of the lands." Not much since it was hard traveling on her own now that her mother had disappeared...but nobody needed to know about her eyesight. At least, not anytime soon. The other woman, however, confirmed it was just her out here. So if it was just the two of them, then...her fur bristeled a bit and she froze when she heard the whispering again. It sounded so foreign, like they were trying to make sense but couldn't. What did it all mean? What were they trying to say? She blinked and slowly turned to look at the woman. "N-no...it's certainly not m-me..." She whispered, feeling like her mouth was dry all of a sudden. "Is...it the f-fireflies? Th-that's not possible is it? M-maybe someone else is playing a prank on us...?" She glanced around, but she knew it wouldn't do much good since she was void of sight when trying to look straight ahead, and quite frankly she felt more comfortable keeping the other she-wolf in her sights, if only for a sense of comfort that she wasn't alone.

Nami

Tojo-kai
Kariudo

Novice Navigator (20)

Advanced Hunter (95)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Nyx

10-30-2021, 11:41 PM
Nami looked sheepish when he accusation was rebutted, and she gave an apologetic shake of her head. "I'm sorry, I just..." Her voice faded as she tried to get her bearings. She simply didn't know what to make of all this and it seemed Noelle didn't either. Another voice, audible but only barely, caused a shiver to run down her spine. "I... don't know if bugs can talk." If they're even bugs, she thought somberly to herself. They sort of looked like them, but at the same time they looked like something else entirely. "I'm not sure if anyone-" Again her voice cut off and she flinched when she heard a whisper, this time quite close to her. Someone had to be messing with them nearby, she was sure of it.. what else could it be? Noelle's nerves did little to calm her own though and she tried to calm her rapidly beating heart as it strummed uncomfortably in her chest.

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-31-2021, 01:21 AM
Noelle

Along with a familiar voice, did it always sound so familiar? You swear you feel someone's warm breath on your ear, but no one seems to be there... You look around frantically, who did that?

Maybe you shouldn't have done that...

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-31-2021, 01:25 AM
Nami

The voices surge around you, getting closer and closer and... Your vision blurs and you see another wolf staring you down. When you blink, there's nothing there. The voices stop suddenly, leaving a deeper silence than you've ever felt in your life.

Maybe you shouldn't have done that...

Noelle

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

11-03-2021, 11:35 PM

She felt completely unsettled, to say the least. She didn't know what the voices were saying, or who was speaking, but somehow...they sounded familiar. Was she just hearing things? She had to be, right? Maybe the lack of sleep...or the way her vision was often strained...

The other woman had flinched though, seemingly cut off by whatever they were hearing. But Noelle couldn't help but feel like she somehow knew the voices...maybe...she still wasn't sure. As she turned her head a bit to look around her, she swore she felt someone's breath on her ear and she nearly jumped out of her skin! She yelped in surprise, whipping around to see who had done that, but there was nobody there. Her heart pounded in her chest, legs shaking as she tried to make sense of it all...

"Speak"

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
11-04-2021, 01:22 PM
It Continues for Noelle...

Huh? It doesn't seem like anything happened... Well, maybe that's for the best...