gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31K
10-31-2021, 04:25 PM

Hyperion...well he hadn't been around much lately. The softer elements of the pirate band had proven to be too much for him. The drink, the music, the lazing, he'd embraced it whole-heartedly. The only thing to make him come up for air so far was the weirdness. It was the crystals he kept stepping on; the mushrooms that sprung up overnight and ruined his sleeping hole with their light; the bizarre, dark days. Not the challenge, not the new pack status, no, the weirdness was what made him toss the bottle aside.

He'd crossed Hyacinth's path and decided, hey, he was as good as any person to ask about the weirdness; maybe he'd know something. So he'd set off after his brother and finally, in the Plateau, he got close enough to shout. "Hyacinth? HyAcInTh! Where's my favorite brother, hm?" He'd done all the walking so far; why not make his brother close some of the distance?

Hyacinth

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Lolaf

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Pride - Pansexual
11-13-2021, 08:06 PM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2021, 08:08 PM by Hyacinth. Edited 1 time in total.)

Hyacinth was hating life right now. He hadn't regretted the party the day after, at least not more than one usually resented the past version of them that had given them the hangover that morning. But now Hyacinth really hated the version of him that had gotten himself so fucking sick. There wasn't anything else he thought could have caused this than the damn mushroom drink he'd had that night.

A sound echoed to him as he wandered, listlessly, his limbs heavy and yet somehow driven to wander. Hyacinth narrowed his eyes and whirled around, seeing exactly who he'd expected. "What?" He snapped or would have snapped if the moment the words left his lips he hadn't started having a violent coughing fit. His head screaming in pain and eyes squinting shut as much as they could around the damn mushrooms growing from his eyes. Just fucking kill him now.

"Speech"
Image by Ulfarna

Hyperion

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player

11-13-2021, 10:03 PM

The familiar shape of his brother soon came into view and naturally Hyperion frisked over. He saw nothing amiss until the last second when Hyacinth whirled on him. For a second Hyperion was frozen with his eyes locked on the mushrooms growing out of his brother's eyes. Even if he'd had manners (which he did not) Hyperion wouldn't have been able to tear his gaze away. "Uhhh..." was all he managed in response. He then blinked, swallowed, squinted some, and froze again with his mouth slightly ajar.

Finally he just went for it. "Buddy, I don't know how to tell you this but you got a little..." he scratched at the corner of his own eye and then pointed at his brother's. "...you got a little..." His mouth hung open again. "A little uh something right there." He pointed to his own eye again before nodding to himself. "Yep."

Hyacinth

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Lolaf

11-13-2021, 10:49 PM

A Hyacinth that wasn't suffering from mushrooms growing from his own body might have rolled with his brother's teasing, might have laughed and played dead. But this was a Hyacinth whose mortality felt very very real. Still, he managed to roll his eyes, ow. Bad idea, his eyes ached down to their roots. Hyacinth croaked a response. "You don't say?" He stayed where he was but patted the ground next to him with a forepaw.

"Why don't you come over here so I can cough on you and we can be matching. " As if on cue a coughing fit wracked his body, his whole frame shaking. "Can mushrooms grow in lungs? Because I think they're in my lungs."

"Speech"
Image by Ulfarna

Hyperion

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player

11-13-2021, 11:08 PM

Hyperion pursed his lips as though seriously considering his brother's offer while making a high 'this is me thinking but in sarcasm' sound in the back of his mouth. He appeared to waffle for a second, then said, "You know, as fun as that sounds, I think I'll pass. Mushroom's not really my...color. Wouldn't match my eyes, you know?" He wanted none of that so he was going to stay right over here. Maybe further if his brother kept hacking.

Could mushrooms grow on lungs? Well they definitely could on eyes, so... "Nah, never heard of that happening. I'm sure you're lungs are fine. Just, you know," he motioned towards the far side of Hyacinth, "cough that way."

Hyacinth

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Lolaf

11-13-2021, 11:47 PM

Hyacinth narrowed his eyes at his brother, squaring himself off so he was standing in a mirror of his shorter brother. "Come now, it's only polite after all the teasing you're doing." He lowered his torso, rump still in the air as he dropped into a crouch that meant one thing and one thing only... That he was about to dash towards his brother. "It's only right." He coughed again, bruskly wiping glowing spittle from his face on his wrist and then launched forward, almost certainly going to find the constriction in his chest kept him from chasing for long at all but damn if he didn't want his brother to at least be a bit more compassionate, he was feeling like absolute shit.

"Speech"
Image by Ulfarna

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
11-14-2021, 11:49 AM
Hyacinth

The sickness deepens... Your legs go weak for about half an hour, then they regain strength... Odd.

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
11-18-2021, 09:56 PM
Firefly Shoppe - Hyperion

You have been infected with strain 3 of the Ooze.

Your attention blurs and refocuses. IT feels as if you are in a dream as you find yourself alone in the mist. Fireflies gather and light the way to a table with a figure waiting behind it. On the table lay three items, with their prices beside them. "Choose w̶̢̧͉̥̻̟͈͙̽̉̆̿̈͒͋̓̇̍͌̇̎͠͝ì̵̢̝̄͐́͆̓̚ṣ̶̛͙̟͎̤̞̤͎̹̙̭̪͔̓̐̾̂͆̄͆͌̈̈́̏̚͜͝͠ȩ̴͔̱̗̜̾̉̀̓̀͆͛̊̂̍̕̚̚̚ͅl̵̢̦̲̼̠̖̜̺̮̜̺͋̈́y̴̧̨̧̪̗̥̘͇̾͑͗͜͠, and only choose o̷͕̭̊̃̌̊̏̀ņ̸̼͚͉͔̒͐̊e̵̮̯͛̔̀̑͜," the figure says, looming over the table as his eyes seem to peer into your soul. Are they... moving? "If you can afford it, that is. Beware, however, for there are many d̷̡̯͉̎̊̈́͐͠á̴̬̪̣̝̞̅̀̈́̄ṉ̸̢̠̤̹̥̙̜͋͆̚g̷̛͍̹̣̬̙͖̝̘̃̈e̷͓͕̖͓̝̤̿͐͐͜͠ŗ̵̤͚͔̟̹̳̽̒͝ş̸̛͓͔̩̥̦͛̊̈̾̐̒̓ ̴̺͔̃̇̆ahead." He does not seem like he's in the negotiating mood...

I̵̜̖͎͓͒̑̕n̸͓̗̘̫͉̗̻͐̔̿̊͆̋͝v̵̦̹̠͉̖̼̮̎̌͆ȩ̸͕̦͔̳̩̈́͜n̶͍̝̙̯̣̹̫̩͋t̶̟͈̟̲̜̙̣̋̿̓̆̅͊͝͝ŏ̶̼͊r̶̖͎̙͔̥͎͙͈̊̍͝͠y̴̧͔̭͒͆̉̕͝:
  • Equalizer- 3 /
    A small bag in which you can see two sickeningly green cookies, on the bag is a small tag with instructions: “Afore the eve of war, when the outcome is yet to be drawn eat one biscuit and leave the other for your opponent and all battlefields shall be made equal.”
  • Firefly’s Favor- 1 /
    A firefly in a bottle. Might come in handy if you let him go at just the right time.
  • Tantalizing Treat- 3 /
    Some surprisingly appetizing snacks though it’s hard to tell exactly what’s in them.