An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

Samhain 2022How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double MasterOoh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
10-31-2021, 08:50 PM
*This thread is using liquid time to meet Art before his thread during Phase 2 of the Event*

Rudy keeps his promise to her that they would arrive to his family’s dens in quick order. However, Fern is not prepared for the grand scale of Rudy’s home. When she had first spied the spires of stone that jutted into the sky, Fern had wondered what they were. The rolling grass of the plains seem to beckon her closer to the structure as they walk and Fern obliges.

As the grand building, grows bigger and bigger, Fern finds herself stopping dead in her tracks to take in the majesty of it. The gray stone building was covered in green ivy and blooming flowers. The sun bathes the land in warmth and light. It seems that all her fears melt away for a moment as she stands looking at the castle. When Fern’s gaze roams the grounds around the building, they spy gardens and trees. A breathy, “Whoa.” Passes her lips as Fern looks to Rudy. Cracking a smile, she adds, “Nice place.”

There is a scent on the breeze and it is the same one that clings to Rudy’s fur. Fern remembers her mother telling her that there is are rules to visiting pack lands and she hesitates to go any further. The pair are still a safe distance from the border and Fern asks, “Wh… what do I now?” Nervously she shifts from paw to paw, unsure of herself any more. Worry, doubt, and fear coil back up inside her as she looks to Rudy for guidance.

Rudyard

Loner
High Councilor

Master Fighter (245)

Expert Hunter (230)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Trophy Hunter Trophy Hunter

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
10-31-2021, 09:07 PM
Rudy had howled shortly on their way into the plains to let Art know he was bringing in a new friend.  His mind ran a mental checklist on who she actually needed to meet before resting.  Honestly, Art would do for now then let her rest.  She could stand to make a lot of friends and help her ease up but sleep and food could come first.

Rudy paused at the entrance to the castle glancing curiously at Fern, “Oh, I don’t know?” Rudy sounded completely lost for a moment as if he’d never done this either before grinning, “Well, I let Art know we were coming once we got to the plains.  I assume he’ll come out to meet us at some point.”  Art had never let down Rudy on a call yet.  Then again, his brother was a leader now and there could be more important things than this.  Sure, it was a new wolf in the pack but it's not like Art should be all that concerned if it was Rudy bringing her in.

Rudy sat down, “On the border of another pack land you always call to the pack and wait to see if you will get permission to enter.” Rudy quirked a brow with a grin, “walk into pack land without asking and it might not go well.” Rudy shrugged, “bad stuff. But anyway, none of that will happen to you here.  You’re with me and this is my family but we can wait for Art here.  Our pack is all about letting other wolves in who need help, somewhere safe to recover from whatever.”

Rudyard Carpathius

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
11-01-2021, 02:00 AM

Artorias was learning very quickly that when you were in charge of a pack, you never had any downtime. Or maybe that was just the apocalypse causing a ton more work for him. Oh, or the feast that was only days away. Y'know, maybe the Hallows was just a busy pack right now. Either way, it kept Artorias on his feet and moving about from sun up to sun down—or, well, whatever the equivalent was to that phrase in these end times. Twilight to twilight? Hmm, didn't quite roll off the tongue as nicely. Artorias mulled that over while he finished storing away the last of the armor he'd been repairing and maintaining, the castle armory now filled with clean and sturdy armor as well as sharp battle-ready weapons. Not that he thought they'd ever need it, but with the Long Night upon them and stranger things occurring every single day, it was only a matter of time before something struck closer to home.

A call from Rudyard rang out, catching the young alpha's ears and drawing his curiosity. Rudy was bringing a guest home? Now that was peculiar! He had never foreseen his little brother as being the type to bring strangers into their home, but maybe this was a sign he was finally starting to grow up and mature. Ha! As if... he thought with a smirk while he made his way through the halls and out across the courtyard to intercept the wolves at the gates. Even in the dim twilight day, the castle gardens and courtyard were remarkably beautiful, with all sorts of perennials and seasonal flowers in bloom. Strolling past the open gates, Artorias regarded Rudy with a smile, then turned curious amber eyes to the monochromatic lady at his side. She stood a few inches shorter than his brother, with bright aqua eyes that looked as large as dinner plates while they ate up the sight of the castle he'd emerged from.

"Seems like the Hallows is becoming quite the popular place to me," he said with a chuckle, mostly to Rudy. He approached his brother and went to wrap a strong foreleg around Rudy in an embrace. "Where were you last night? I thought another bear might have come to finish the job." A crooked smile painted the young brute's face while he ribbed his brother, all good-natured, then turned to greet their guest. "Good morning. Artorias Carpathius, Aegis of the Hallows. Welcome, Miss...?" He left the greeting open for the newcomer to introduce herself. Already Artorias was curious if this was a wolf in need of their services or if Rudy was bringing the stranger back with the intentions of begging him to make her a Hallowed wolf. Avantika had recently brought her secret girlfriend home with her. Was Rudy doing the same? Did all of his siblings have secret relationships he'd had no clue even existed?

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Corbin" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Fern

"Live Like A Warrior"

Loner
Lead Hunter

Master Fighter (290)

Master Hunter (280)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

Samhain 2022How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double MasterOoh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
11-01-2021, 03:26 PM
When the pair first arrive on the plains, Rudy howls to let his brother know they are coming. Anxious about meeting another member of Rudy’s family, Fern assaults him with a steady stream of questions about Art and what she is supposed to do. Rudy tells her a little about his brother, more interested in her knowing that he had told Art that one-day Art would be a leader and how his brother had doubted him. Rudy needled her with the fact that his instincts had been right, again, which earns an exasperated eyeroll from Fern. The smile that follows has nothing to do with the fact that Rudy is quickly becoming her favorite wolf.

His explanation of pack etiquette has her nodding her head absently as she tries to make sense of a pack that does not roam. When Rudy mentions that the Hallows are all about helping other wolves, the gray girl feels a pang of sadness as she remembers her mother. Meadow had told her of the pack Resin had built and how proud she had been to be apart of such a great endeavor. Sorrow tugs at her but Fern pushes it aside as they approach the gates. Her worry growing with each step. She wants to flee, turn around now and never look back but that would mean breaking her word to Rudy.

After letting her eyes roam the castle’s exterior and be thoroughly mesmerized by it, Fern lowers them to see another wolf approaching them. Steps hastily halt as she takes in the other wolfs height and appearance. Surely this can’t be one of Rudy’s siblings? Were Rudy is all grays and white, the other wolf’s coat is blacks, blue and gray. As he speaks cordially to them, Fern cannot stop the random thoughts that bounce around in her head. Did Art steal all the color from Rudy? The thought has Fern cracking a wide grin as she listens to Art introduce himself.

With a respectful dip of her head, she offers her name, “Fern. Rudyard has been telling me all about you. Seems to remember a time when he said you would be a leader but you doubted yourself.” Shrugging her shoulders, Fern adds, “He keeps telling me to trust his instincts or something.” To emphasize her point, Fern rolls her eyes but throws a wink Rudy’s way. Suddenly, it dawns on the gray girl that she is talking to an Alpha and maybe she should not be acting so informal with the leader.

Perhaps it is his age that made her forget herself. Where Art’s manners are smooth and polished, the gray girl’s are clunky and awkward. It comes from her lack of socializing and causes her to suddenly become extremely self-conscious as she tries to school her features into a more respectful expression. A few awkward moments pass before she sticks her paw out toward Rudy and cries, “He made me come here!” Fern is floundering hard in front of a figure of authority and the fact that Art is Rudy’s brother seems to be too much for her handle.

Rudyard

Loner
High Councilor

Master Fighter (245)

Expert Hunter (230)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

11-01-2021, 05:44 PM
Rudy grinned mischievously at Art as he approached and his larger brother wrapped his foreleg about him, “Finding trouble,” Rudy offered chipperly and waiting for a second to let Art wonder before adding on, “Nah, I went for a stroll.  You know I like the night, which is basically all the time now.”  The smile slipped a bit to something more casual.  He’d tell Art later about how mom had told him too, that seemed a better thing for them to discuss alone.

He let Fern give her introduce herself inwardly rolling his eyes at her greeting and sharing their conversation.  Not like Art would be surprised at a word he would have told her.  At the mention of Rudy saying to ‘trust his instincts’, Rudy gave Art a knowing look.  Oh yah, his instincts were great things that lead to all manner of fun but, they had saved him a considerable number of times.  They also seemed to help him get people to trust him, that was the best part.

The play was paused at her last part of a paw pointed at him and blame dumped on him for bringing her here.  Rudy nodded, “yup, that’s true.” A drama-filled sigh, “and in a bit I’ll show you a room and tell you to rest, and then I’ll grab you some food and tell you to eat.” Rudy paused to stretch out, that had been a long hike for him at the moment and he was dang tired after having stayed up to watch over her while she slept.  

Glancing back to Art, “Saving a long story for another time, she’s related to mom, to Resin.” Rudy shrugged, “She’s family and she needed help.”  Rudy wasn’t really asking Art if he could bring her in just informing his brother that he was doing so.  He couldn’t fathom the notion that Art would turn her away if Rudy trusted her and even more so if she had relations with mom.  Sure, they had learned of one bad apple but she certainly wasn’t acting like some tyrant or demon.  Rudy trusted his feelings and Art should trust him.  “Not safe sleeping out there anymore Art,” this was coming from the easy-going Rudy, “the strange gets stranger.” The last words were the only ones offered somberly the whole time.

Rudyard Carpathius

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
11-01-2021, 08:50 PM

Rudy teased him back, then assured Artorias that he just went for a stroll. "Did you get lost? You were gone all night!" Another teasing nudge from the Carpathias alpha with a wide grin to his sibling. The young woman introduced herself as Fern, grinning and dipping her head to him. Artorias tipped his head to her in sync, chuckling under his breath when Fern explained how Rudy had been telling her all about him. "Oh has he? Only the best things, I'm sure," he remarked with a touch of sarcasm turned in the direction of his little brother. Fern recited Rudyard's words of "trusting his instincts" and yep, that sure sounded like Rudy!

Then, seemingly out of nowhere, Artorias watched as Fern's carefully crafted facade seemed to implode and she pointed an accusatory paw at Rudy, explaining how he had made her come here. Art raised a curious brow, then turned confused amber eyes over to Rudy when brother confessed, and also confessed to making sure she'd have a safe place to sleep and a warm meal. The corners of Artorias' lips curled upward in an amused smirk while he watched the two interact. What on earth was happening here? Rudy started to explain who Fern was, that she was somehow related to Resin, and that she needed help. Ah, so she wasn't another secret lover. Artorias' eyes widened a touch in understanding, but there was some skepticism too. Anyone could claim to be related to anyone, and without the details, he had no reason to believe the claim—though he also had no reason to deny it. Eska and Oxx were living proof that there was more to their family than even he knew about.

It didn't matter at this moment though. What mattered was that Fern needed aid, and she had come to his doorstep looking for it. If she was related to them somehow, it would come to light and the truth would be found, but he would not deny her the Hallows' services regardless of who she was. "Too damn right..." muttered Artorias, glancing up at the twilit sky with a frown. Things were getting more eerie and dangerous as time stretched on. The Hallows would be a sanctuary, a beacon of light in the dark, and its lord would keep the cinders warm. "Rudy, show Fern to one of the vacant guest rooms on the first floor. Make sure she has something to eat and show her the baths if she'd like to unwind."

He turned his gaze back to the smaller woman with a welcoming smile. "The Hallows welcomes you, Fern. As our guest, you may have access to all that we offer. Rudy will give you a tour, show you to your room, and fill you in on our rules and laws. We only have one major one: there is to be no violence or spilling of blood on Hallowed land." There was no room for questioning or refusing in that law. Peace was non-negotiable in the Hallows. Though he doubted Fern would find issue with that. "Did you have any questions for me before I leave you in the capable paws of our friendliest tour guide?"

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Corbin" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Fern

"Live Like A Warrior"

Loner
Lead Hunter

Master Fighter (290)

Master Hunter (280)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

11-01-2021, 11:11 PM
Fern fumbles the conversation but, luckily, Rudy seems adept at picking up the slack. Words easily flow of his tongue as he explains about finding a room and food for her. The gray girl notices how tired Rudy looks and feels guilty for having put him through all this. Rudy’s quick description of her relation to them and how she needs help makes Fern cast her eyes toward the ground. She hates feeling weak and helpless. Having to relying on others for charity sits wrong with her but she stays quiet as Rudy finishes talking.

Aqua gaze lifts to Artorias as the alpha speaks to his brother, instructing Rudy to show her around. When he turns his amber eyes toward Fern and offers a smile, the gray girl returns the gesture. Were Art’s smile is filled with warmth and welcoming, Fern’s is sad and weary, too tired to care how much she has flubbed this meeting. Head bobs in agreement to the rule and Fern says, “I understand.” Her tone letting him know she will obey any and all rules they have.

With a shake of her skull to Art’s question, Fern says, “Thank you, Atrorias for allowing me in. I will do what I can to help while I am here. Have a good…” at that her voice falters. Is it day? Night? What should she wish for him? After a few seconds she says, “Erm. Have a good one.” Bowing her head in respect, Fern takes a step backwards, distancing herself from the two emotionally while also allowing Rudy the opportunity to lead her in the castle.

The cool mask of indifference that had resided on Fern’s face when Rudy and she first met is back as she reminds herself not to make friends with anyone here. She would be leaving soon enough.

Rudyard

Loner
High Councilor

Master Fighter (245)

Expert Hunter (230)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

11-05-2021, 09:24 PM
Rudy gave a knowing look to Fern as Art started telling him to get her a room and food.  The grey wolf imagined it would help Fern hear Art agreed on the lineup of things.  Rudy was horrible at remembering instructions and that had started from when he was a pup till the current day.  Fortunately, when the instructions agreed with his plans Rudyard was great at carrying them out.  Future leaders do what needs to be done after all versus waiting to see what others think.  Thank goodness Art and he agreed on most of the important things that mattered.

“See ya Art,” Rudy casually offered as he made way to show Fern in, “Alright so that was, find you a room, food, adventure, plenty of dangerous stuff, and I uh forgot whatever else he had mentioned.” Rudy grinned at Fern, “Probably wasn’t important.”  Yes, that had been said where Art would still get to hear it as they moved away.  Obviously, it was a big tease but someone had to help Art get a laugh in here and there, even if it was at Rudy’s expense.

Glancing at Fern in a more aside, “Adventure and all put off for another day,” the motley wolf mentioned, “Let’s find a good room.  This place is great with all manners of square dens with interesting looks to them.  You already heard the most important rule.  Wolves come here to heal not get more injuries.  Also, if you want to be a member of the pack you have to work or train to learn how to work.”

Rudy waved Fern towards a room with a clean floor, a mattress that lay on the ground, and a tapestry on the wall that was too worn down to even realize it had once been a picture.  Several pelts were also placed on the ground. “Sleep here for now.  I’ll grab you some food and later we can discuss how you’ll make everyone dread the idea of you ever leaving us.”

"Speech"