gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

Samhain 2022Statue 2 WorshipDouble MasterThe Ooze Participant
11-01-2021, 03:44 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2021, 08:15 AM by Celeste. Edited 1 time in total.)

It was a must for her to get her coat back to normal. If this strange place didn't affect her first. What with the glowing... everything, that is. Cautious about where she went, Celeste figured that these very normal appearing falls she stood in front of would be the safest bet. There was no way she was going to risk getting whisked away by the ocean currents, what with her small size. Lifting her head to glance up at the permanent twilight sky, she dipped a toe into chilly waters. Hmm, maybe she should've bathed in the hot springs instead.

Wrinkling her nose with distaste, she settled on attempting to lick the salty clumps of her fur clean instead. Unfortunately, it was futile in the sense that it would take her forever. Groaning quietly to herself, she went to work until a soft mewing noise caught her attention. Looking up from her perch near the falls, Celeste's bright blue eyes met that of a pair of fiery orange. Tilting her head lightly, she listened to the creature mew again. It sounded pained and for once, she was curious to help something in need.

Standing up with a shake of her coat, Celeste wandered over to the clump of bushes where the noise had come from. A loud hiss permeated the perpetual darkness and she reacted with a flash of her teeth.  "Do you need help or not?" Celeste snapped, ears folding back a moment before a crystal-encrusted cat emerged from the shadows. The poor thing limped out toward her, giving her an apprehensive look and a swish of its fluffy tail. It was obvious the thing was indeed hurt and more covered in crystals than she could imagine.

"Now, how in the world did you get like this?" She murmured, reaching out to gently pat the cat on the head.

Vulcan

Loner

Advanced Fighter (95)

Intermediate Hunter (30)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
11-02-2021, 09:00 AM

Vulcan now a loner, has been traveling, looking for a place to settle for the time being, finding it odd to now be a mere wanderer from the prince he was born and supposed to be. Eyes of silver were cold, expressing nothing of the inner turmoil that was firming into the boy's dark heart. Pride shattered into pieces, he felt the urge to someday challenge himself for a pack, but he knew his skills were still to under developed to even try his paw in such plans of big proportions.

The large yearling traveled through a very unfamiliar place. Well, his life so far turned around the coldness of the north, perpetual snow and frigid winds being the common, constant environment he grew used to. But now he faced the warmer climates for the first time, and all out of the northern hemispheres were new to him.

As he explored, he found waterfalls, waters reflecting the perpetual night. But more than the nice view, his eyes were caught up by the image of a small female, talking to something, with crystals? "What the fuck?" He muttered as without shame or respect approached the two of them. "That's very fucked up. We should free it from its misery."

"Speak"

Celeste

Somnium

Master Intellectual (375)

Master Hunter (370)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

11-02-2021, 09:14 AM

In the next few moments, as Celeste allowed the cat to warm up to her, she attempted to pick off the small crystals covering its body. What she was surprised to find was that the crystals would continue to grow back each time she plucked one off. Frustrated, Celeste grumbled under her breath with a shake of her head. "What am I going to do with you?" She whispered to the large feline.

A rustle of brush caught her attention then as she looked up to see who was approaching. Her aquamarine eyes landed on a behemoth of a boy that was near twice her size. Surprise flitted across her face as he uttered vulgar words, her lips flatlining into a distasteful expression. Quickly pulling the cat to her side as she stood up to face him, her ears fell back. "If you mean we should kill it, I'll have to advise against doing that," she snapped, her hackles rising slightly.

While she was still new to this land, she wasn't going to let some stranger just off her newfound pet. "I have seen others with these crystals and even mushrooms growing on them. I'm sure it'll pass," her voice is strong and confident, a paw protectively curling around the shivering thing. "I'm surprised you're not burdened by it," Celeste looks at him in a suspicious way. So far, anyone she had passed had been inflicted by this plague that she had no information about.

Vulcan

Loner

Advanced Fighter (95)

Intermediate Hunter (30)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
11-02-2021, 09:25 AM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2021, 09:26 AM by Vulcan. Edited 1 time in total.)

It was surprising how the female reacted to his thoughts, lashing out snarls and snaps. But Vulcan's expression remained calm, unperturbed by the gal's hostility to a simple comment. Well, she knew some folks could be reactive or sensitive to words, and his wasn't addressed to her specifically, just to the little cat. "Woah, someone woke up with the wrong paw today I see." He smirked playfully finding it amusing.

"Hahaha, no, I wasn't touch by that shit." And he even didn't know about that, being her the first to speak about that as an illness. But he was glad he wasn't affected by that.

He was too pretty to have such crap on him. And he knew it. "I see yourself isn't affected by those." It was a good thing, he didn't want to be infected.

"Speak"

Celeste

Somnium

Master Hunter (370)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

11-02-2021, 09:41 AM

His reaction did not settle well with her and she refused to smirk back at him. How could she have not assumed by his comment that putting it out of its misery meant killing it? Smoothing out her fur, which by the way, was still stuck in unruly salty patches, she wrinkled her nose. "I assure you, I always wake up on the wrong side of the bed," Celeste rolls her eyes, finally a playful smirk tinging the white corners of her lips. Beneath her, the cat huddled by her hips, the itch of the crystals sending tinges of pain up her legs.

She looks at him suspiciously again. Was he just too smart to not be inflicted or cautious? He didn't appear to be the cautious type, but how could so many others be stupid enough to play with glowing crystals and mushrooms? The question didn't settle well with her as she continued to peer at the boy. "Fortunately and unfortunately, I just showed up here a few days ago. Can't remember a thing," this was only a half-lie, "washed up on a raft," she shrugs, leaving it at that.

"Even if I had been here long enough to be infected, I doubt I'd be that stupid," she comments with a huff of her breath. "I'm Celeste by the way. I presume you have a fitting name for one such as yourself?" The small fae questions, her head tilting curiously to the side.

Vulcan

Loner

Advanced Fighter (95)

Intermediate Hunter (30)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
11-02-2021, 10:54 AM

A giggle echoed from his chords. "Out lately everyone seems to wake up in the wrong way." He said now related to this illness hitting Boreas' wolves. But it was but their fault to get close to shit that clearly isn't that safe looking to touch. He was glad he wasnt that dumb to get his paws onto stuff he shouldn't.

"Oh," That was a fun story, to be found themselves washed and without memory of it. "That's indeed unfortunate, but you seem in a piece so that's good." It was clear his conversation skills weren't that great, product of his isolation in a pack that used to rule the far north. Only going out once for a tournament but that was it.

"I am Vulcan Praetor. But your name fits you more than mine fits me." His other siblings had more firey marks than him. He was just red. "My siblings looks more like fire than myself."

"Speak"

Celeste

Somnium

Master Hunter (370)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

11-02-2021, 05:56 PM

The giggling comment out of the boy made her brow furrow. Were all creatures in this land grumpy pants? Or just the ones she met? Though, she couldn't disagree and couldn't help but ask. "And what do you mean by that?" Call her nosy, it was just part of her personality. Between her legs, the cat mewed softly, but she ignored it for now. Glancing back at the crystal-encrusted feline, she smiled softly and nodded for it to lay down if it wished.

For some reason, it obeyed. Pleased with herself, her attention was drawn back to the boy as he mentioned she didn't appear out of sorts. Hah, that was a good one. Her fur was all out of sorts in her opinion. Wrinkling her nose again, she shook her head. "I typically do not look like I have a permanent bed head," Celeste lifted her chin in a proud movement. Looking him over now, she smiled. "No, Vulcan suits your appearance just fine," she comments, eyes moving back to his face with the unusual marking. "Not all fiery names need fiery appearances," her voice is smooth, almost flirtatiously, dancing on the line of friendly and tempting.

Vulcan

Loner

Advanced Fighter (95)

Intermediate Hunter (30)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
11-02-2021, 06:26 PM

"I mean, I had seen many folks being grumpy or getting worked out quick. But well, I am no one to judge." Himself wasnt an snappy wolf but when it came he could be really nasty and be all but a nice wolf. None of his family seemed to be that tolerant, but he was a bit more than them. "This is my first time coming on here, I was born in the north." He shared feeling comfortable with the spitfire girl.

"Hahaha, I guess, I cant imagine myself being a walking garden." He laughed, imagining such thing. "Soooo, how had Boreas treating you so far?" He asked, feeling bold to ask the stranger. "Ha, I think you are right. One can be fiery in other ways beside an appearance." He said, mirroring her coquettish disposition, smirking pridefully. Not wanting to stand any longer, he took a seat, allowing his rump to hit the soil, wanting to be more comfortable to chat.

"Speak"

Celeste

Somnium

Master Hunter (370)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

11-03-2021, 06:15 AM

She watched him get comfortable enough to sit. Both of them basked in the eternal twilight, moonshine filtering off their darker shades and highlighting the colors splashed across their coats. Imagining what this place looked like when it was normal was interesting. Looking over to the burbling falls, she wondered if it would go back to what their normal was. Or was this their normal? That worried her slightly. What had she gotten herself into?

Continuing to stand so that the cat could be safe between her legs, she smiled at the boy. He sure was pretty in his own "bad boy" kind of way. "It has been treating me alright. Minus, you know, the weird crystals and mushrooms," she murmurs, head tilting slightly to the side. "I haven't been here more than a week so I have yet to see most of it," her shoulders shrug in a nonchalant way. "You actually are the second fiery being I've come across," Celeste adds, eyes twinkling at him with mystery. Of course, the first one had actually been larger, grumpier, and a different sort of red. Definitely not related, but she wouldn't know that.

Vulcan

Loner

Advanced Fighter (95)

Intermediate Hunter (30)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
11-15-2021, 07:49 PM

"Yea, all of this sucks, and sad it all came when I finally went down, out of my cold, isolated birth place. But well, life isnt predictable." He was starting to learn that pretty well, from someone with the role of almost heir to now being a loner, he certainly could tell nothing was to be seen as granted. "I hope you don't get infected, it would be a shame." He wasn't sure why he said that but it sounded fun now that he though on it.

"Hah, I can't imagine, fiery folks are common these days." He joked, teasing, playing a bit. "And I am the prettiest of them all." He laughed, hoping she wouldn't take that serious, being a simple joke. But he wouldnt deny that at all, he tried to look his best, to make other fear him.

Act. "talk." 'Think.'

Celeste

Somnium

Master Hunter (370)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

11-16-2021, 07:19 PM

Celeste's aquamarine eyes were trained on him as he spoke. Would it really be a shame if she got infected? She didn't really know him all too well, but she enjoyed the compliment nonetheless. Her own laugh bubbles in her throat as she smiles at him. "Are you now?" The girl questions, tilting her head slightly as she toys back at him. "What would a handsome boy such as yourself be doing out here all alone then?" She asks. Maybe to be nosy, maybe to be sincere.

It was the way she worked. Using her disguise as a sweet, innocent little girl who posed no threat. Her petite size and large eyes made it easy for her to appear unassuming. Flicking her tail a few times back and forth, she used a paw to wipe some dirt away from her face. Having not taken the time to make her coat to be as pristine as it usually did, Celeste knew she could be a lot prettier. "You mentioned being isolated. What made you finally leave?" This time, her slightly deepened voice, for that of a female, takes on a more genuine tone as she continues to watch him in earnest.