size
Small
build
Light
player
Shard

The Ooze Participant
11-14-2021, 09:49 PM
For some reason, mom’s sickness had grown worse.  Misery yawned lazily near the front of the den, front paws crossed over each other  He hadn’t specifically told Recluse he planned to guard her but since he didn’t generally bother spending a lot of time in the den it was fairly obvious.  As one who was quite proud of his ability to lie words meant less than actions in his mind.  Then again he loved living a lie in front of most but never to mom.  She got to be one exception.

Recluse wasn’t the only one who was badly sick but she was the only one that mattered.  He imagined mom was likely having a harder time with the sickness due to also having just given birth a short while back.  “I tested some rabbits a bit ago and even if they all ate crystals and mushrooms none of them got both sicknesses.”   Eating of course wasn’t a guarantee to get the sickness but it was a great way to risk it after all.  “As far as I can tell no one has contracted more than one type either.  So I think there is a chance those who are already infected are safe from the other diseases.”  No one knew of course how bad the sickness they already got would go.

“Perhaps the ones who are sick but not overly so should work on removing as much of the crystals or mushrooms that they can so the pups don’t get into them”  Telling kids not do a thing could easily be a recipe for disaster after all and mom wasn’t in great shape for keeping up with them.  Misery wasn’t sick and in his mind, the wolves that were neither sick or worthless needed to stay that way to care for the pack.  This logic worked well for Misery not dealing with the things that spread all the suffering.

"Misery"

Recluse

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! UnderachieverSnake EyesVengeance
Pride - Bisexual
11-15-2021, 01:00 AM

Recluse was glad to have her son so close by. Though she worried for her pack and her children, particularly the younger ones and her poor Wendi who had himself gotten sick she was glad her son was so willing to offer her help, even if he didn't say it out loud, she knew it was an act of love and she couldn't ask for more. The young ones were out, Galho had agreed to keep an eye on them and so Recluse was alone in her den. She was comfortable there, the press of the earth above her felt right somehow, more so than it ever had before.

Misery spoke of the strains seeming to be mutually exclusive and Recluse nodded slowly. "That is good to know, any breakthroughs on your brother's affliction though?" Poor Wendigo was paranoid and leaked fluid more than she did but he had no growths as she did.

As for her son's suggestion she didn't disagree with that idea. "Put Medusa to work." She said matter-of-factly. "If Aryn is found, she's too be put to work too." For fleeing, for abandoning the pack in their hour of need and worse of all for abandoning poor young Veigar who himself was sick with his own illness. No more children abandoned, not under her watch.

speech think action
[Image: lQPmFy0.png]
 Recluse is an M rated character, thread at own risk.
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Misery

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Shard

The Ooze Participant
11-15-2021, 01:48 AM
“No,”  Misery responded grudgingly, “I can test theories out on other animals but I don’t have a healer's knowledge.”  Misery glanced out to the dark sky, “Though I’m not sure if a healer's knowledge is much good for this sickness.”  Misery smirked, “I could just use Medusa for some tests also.  Ask one of the healers for different herbs for other ailments to try.  One of those herbs that make you throw up?”  It rather depended on if it was coming from one area inside that flowed through the different areas of the body or if it was actually created in the body in different spots, right?

“Actually, I think I’ll get a few more sick animals and tear open their faces.  See how the gunk is built up in there, and the spores of the mushroom or, well whatever on the crystals.  Maybe it will provide answers on how it spreads.”  Talking about it seemed to help him work through the process in his mind.  “I guess Meduse is off the hook of text experiment for the day.”   She’d still have plenty of work to do.  Misery turned his head from the night sky to focus more on his mom's frame as he spoke and considered the situation.  Wendigo and mom were his main concerns.  In all honesty, he had no desire for Kali to die but in that same honesty, he wouldn't shed a tear if she did.

“I can send someone out to search the nearby areas for Aryn if you want?  I never thought we’d have someone so cowardly as to run from the pack.”  Not just cowardly, it was also stupid.  “When we do get her back I say we either make her sick or injure a paw.”  They may not understand this sickness but the healers knew other herbs that would do the trick.  “Fleeing to not get sick, let the punishment either be sickness or not being capable of running for a while.”  Misery played sweet and friendly to most as he enjoyed the act and it was good practice but, in truth, he enjoyed seeing another suffer and knowing he had the power to dictate their future.  Some in power liked leadership positions and show off their status but Misery preferred taking control subtley.

"Misery"

Recluse

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! UnderachieverSnake EyesVengeance
Pride - Bisexual
11-28-2021, 02:39 PM

Some part of Recluse couldn't help but be sad that her son had no machinations for Habari's throne, though she had no desire to force her children into anything they didn't want Misery's mind would have served him well if he'd had the ambition for it, though she also recognized he would make a good spy with it as well. Quick thinking and his ability to hide his real intentions would serve him well.

Recluse wiped her face on her furs again and she fought back the urge to rub at her mostly covered eye, though it itched something fierce and she was desperate to try and remove it. "Work with your aunt if you can. Deathbelle may be able to offer something at least. Or her children, they seemed most inclined to  follow in her paw steps." She could only hope her aunt would recover, might find purpose in helping to guide her children.

The conversation of how to deal with Aryn was another matter. "I agree, she'll not be allowed to simply get away with abandoning us just as she might have proven herself useful." Recluse sighed, stretching just slightly her body felt so heavy, so tired. "If you can make a search party then feel free to do so, but do not overextend us."

speech think action
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Misery

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Shard

The Ooze Participant
11-28-2021, 07:45 PM

Misery nodded at Recluse’s suggestion of Deathbelle.  The idea was taking shape more in his mind and offering some potential rewards.  Even if he didn’t find a cure Misery felt more confident in learning more about the disease to move in the right direction.  If they could figure out how to slow the progress, what caused it so no more got it or learned how to use the objects that gave the disease as a weapon against any enemies.  There were plenty of good things that could come from experiments.  Misery would indeed find Deathbelle to ask about getting some herbs to play with his experiments and would also ask her if she had ideas to try or what she had done to work with.  Very likely she had tried things but he hadn’t sought her out to actually ask and compare notes.

Misery acknowledged they shouldn’t be overextended and that was certainly true but it irked him like a flea under the skin that someone would dare flee.  He thought over who they had in their pack currently and acknowledged so many were young and untested.  Misery ignored his own youth as it clearly didn’t compare to theirs, “Sorcerer and Voodoo?  They both are training for healing and fighting I believe, assuming they are training.  That way they could not only search for the fool but could also collect any herbs that might prove useful for the sick, even if only in helping pain.  I’ll tell them to pay attention for any abnormalities anywhere they go, see if things are different anywhere else.  Do you think two should be fine?  I figured that way if something did go wrong there was one who could run back and pass on a message.”   It was obvious mother was suffering with the sickness herself.  Misery could only imagine what it must feel like to have crystals growing out of you and was bluntly pleased it hadn't happened to him.  If only the sickness hadn't happened to mom and Wendigo.  He wasn't going to offer words of sympathy as they would do no one any good.  Misery imagined his coming about more meant more than any glib statement of concern.

Herbs for the sickness, a fool to drag home, potential signs of change, any one of those would be a bit of help.  Still, Misery certainly couldn’t tell two wolves to leave the pack right now without mothers agreeance to such a thing.  

"Misery"

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
11-28-2021, 07:54 PM
Misery

The world suddenly goes black and you feel yourself falling… sometime later you regain consciousness, wondering what happened.

You gain:
  • Crystals (5x)- Used in Firefly's Shoppe, and perhaps elsewhere...

Recluse

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

Pride - Bisexual
11-28-2021, 10:40 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2021, 10:40 PM by Recluse. Edited 1 time in total.)

Recluse would do everything in her power to keep just how tired and worn out she was from others but there was no doubt that others had noticed. She blinked blearily, she wasn't bored, no she simply found it hard to force herself to stay awake for long periods of time. She was enforcing a midnight nap with her youngest litter right now partially to give herself the time she could take to rest. Her face seemed to be leaking all the time and the weight of the crystal on her face made her head heavy and she honestly was very very over the whole being basically blind in one eye.

It honestly was making it harder to focus on her son, which was a shame as Recluse was ever so proud of her children and she wanted to much to never miss a moment of their time. She focused on his words, her remaining eye sliding closed but she could at least hold herself to wakefulness by listening to his words. "That is a good idea." She managed though her voice showed just how tired she'd rapidly become.

speech think action

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
11-28-2021, 11:18 PM
Recluse

You hear a small pop inside your head, like a small abscess burst. Internally. Shortly after, you feel woozy.

You gain:
  • Mushrooms (8x)- Used in Firefly's Shoppe, and perhaps elsewhere...