size
Small
build
Light
player
bones

The Ooze Participant
11-18-2021, 04:17 PM
Everyone seemed so distracted lately, Noelani noticed. The illnesses which took over their bodies seemed to cloud their minds and she took advantage as soon as she realized. Without any thought, she took off in a brisk, anxious run in any direction that was away from the damned volcano, away from the damned violent children, away from her captor. She knew Recluse was heavily pregnant at this point, and she wanted to be far, far away before another set of psychotic children would be released to do what they pleased. 

A collection of stones in irregular shapes was dead ahead, and Noe made quick work getting to them. The girl was just a ghost of her former self. Ghastly thin, with visible bones peeking through her sides. Thanks to Veigar's awkward assistance, she was at least clean, but a sickly scent hovered around her. She coughed more than normal, and her eyes crusted over regularly with yellow-green mucous. 

When she arrived at the first set of stones, she jumped on top of one and sat down. She was panting and coughing, catching her breath. She glanced over her shoulder and saw the volcano looming in the distance. She wondered if they even noticed their little ghost was gone. Somehow, she doubted it.

Nami

Tojo-kai
Kariudo

Novice Navigator (20)

Advanced Hunter (95)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Nyx

Samhain 2022Pride - PansexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
11-21-2021, 10:16 AM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2021, 10:37 AM by Nami. Edited 1 time in total.)
Nami was sick in a way she'd never experienced before. She'd never expected something like this upon coming to these lands - if she wasn't so unwell she'd seriously consider heading back home. Surely the wolves back in her homelands would know how to cure this illness, and she'd take her punishment for leaving home as best as she could. But she was too weak to travel, her eyes constantly clouded by thick ooze that seemed to never stop dripping from her eyes and mouth. Not to mention the most unusual of all... she'd become irrationally afraid of water, afraid it might open up and swallow her whole. These were thoughts she didn't know how to deal with, but fortunately her mind was such a tumultuous place these days that she hardly had time to rationalize them. Instead she traveled further inland than she was used to, on a desperate search for.. something.

The silhouette of a wolf up ahead caught her attention. She didn't want to go near others, she couldn't forgive herself for getting other wolves sick - but something in the back of her mind urged her forward. If only she could get closer... if only... she felt her mind and body working against one another, and fighting it was exhausting. Slowly she crept forward, though a slight quiver was audible in her voice as she spoke up. "H-hello?" Nami stammered quietly. "I don't... mean to intrude..." She needed to leave. To run. But she was taking another step forward, and then another. "My name's Nami. I'm not well... could you help me? Or try?" No. This wasn't right. She shouldn't be here, shouldn't be exposing anyone to this - but she couldn't fight it.

Noelani

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
bones

The Ooze Participant
11-21-2021, 10:36 AM
Her head hung between her front legs. This was insane. Obviously Recluse would notice her little punching bag was missing and go looking for her. Even sick with whatever disease was going around, even pregnant - she'd come for her. Noe wasn't sure why she even bothered. She turned her head back towards the volcano and sighed. I should go back. Maybe no one noticed I left. I could sneak back in, and it would be like.. like I never tried... A sudden footstep pulled her out of her thoughts. She looked around in a panic, trying to find the source. A tan wolf with a bandana and an overabundance of.. yuck.. coming out of her eyes and nose was walking towards her. Noe's heartbeat quickened. This one didn't look familiar, but who's to say?

Noe was expecting the stranger to yell at her, but instead, she begged for assistance. Noe's eyes went wide. She could help with a tummy ache, wash a would, basic field medic skills. But this plague? This unnatural disease? Noe blinked and took a step back. Wasn't this muck contagious? "I-I'm not.. uhh, I'm no healer.." She mumbled. It wasn't a lie - she enjoyed learning about plants a lifetime ago, but now, all she could tell you is what yarrow looks like. "I don't know how to help." She whimpered, fearing retaliation.

Nami

Tojo-kai
Kariudo

Novice Navigator (20)

Advanced Hunter (95)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Nyx

Samhain 2022Pride - PansexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
11-22-2021, 06:48 PM
Her mind was a frantic whirlwind, as tumultuous as even the worst sea storm she'd ever experienced. Her thoughts were as violent as ocean waves, crashing over one another until everything was drowned out almost completely. She was sick - dying, even - and she needed help, and now. If she'd been in a right state of mind she never would've dreamed of coming close to a stranger, just in case she was at all contagious, but she wasn't thinking straight. Was barely even moving properly, really. And the look in her eye wasn't quite right either. She was frantic, slowly drifting toward crazed as she struggled to deal with these racing thoughts and growing paranoia that threatened to consume her as quickly as the ooze itself did. "Are you sure?" She asked after a moment, her voice small and pleading. Another step closer, though her paws seemed intent on fighting her mind's need to get closer. "Do you know anyone maybe, who could help?" Out here she was alone, painfully alone, and she needed help before things got much worse. She was sure of that, if nothing else.